Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Be They Feral

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"I hear ya...Still...thats why we add more to it and see what sticks. Battle tested or not, if ya have a versatile set of skills to use in combat, it means that when one fails...ya can go into another..."

While Arashi imagined it may not be long before she was indeed was put to that test, there was never enough time to practice just what you were expected to use when faced with life or death situations. It came with the headband after all.

As she positioned herself to demonstrate, Arashi would seem to take on a more feral like nature as she lunged forward, her knees raised upward as she landed upon the replicant's body. With her lower limbs locking the sand dummy's arms at their side, she'd proceed to strike at their face rapidly, her claw like fingers striking and pushing the sand model downward until it's on the ground. With it's arms still held in place, Arashi would continue to do this before finishing her assault with a strike from her forearm, pulling herself off it as she brushed her hair from her face, relaxing a bit as she shifted her attention to Ameko.

"Lock down...yea...thats one way of puttin it...the goal is to keep them from hitting ya back and to ensure that ya having them completely under your control. Force them down, but make sure ya have em pinned from being able to use any means of defense..."

Saying this, she'd then seem to almost instantly calm down before continuing to speak.

"Now it ain't perfect...some people are strong enough to lift ya off or throw ya off, but remember weak points on the body. Throat, eyes, head. Get hit there enough and they won't be capable of thinking straight..."

That said, the older female would then watch as the replicate rose back to it's feet, gesturing for Ameko to go at it.

"All yours..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

-Jutsu Used-
NAME: Inu no shirushi
[Mark of Dog]

CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low

CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu

ELEMENT: N/A

DESCRIPTION:

A basic technique that is similar to that of a slashing motion, the user is capable of extending their hand in the direction of an opponent. It involves the hand being clenched slightly to the point where it's fingers are bend to resemble a shape close to that of a claw. The clawing strike strength is capable of breaking the skin, and can also act as a defensive action in redirection of a physical strike by use of the extended forearm.

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,683 posts
Be They Feral or Untamed [Arashi]Feb 10, 2024 5:17:29 GMT -5
Warai Ameko
Might makes right
Warai Ameko Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 16 November 1009 rank Genin occupation Team 1
The genin watched intently, eyes widening with understanding and surprise as the woman before her seemingly transformed before her very eyes. It was not a literal, physical change in her body’s constitution, but in her stance, in the way that she carried herself. Arashi, for all of her easy way of speaking and rough-edges, had always struck Ameko as a woman of grace. She travelled with ease using her chakra, she was ever patient. Sure, she had demonstrated how to strike with fingers like claws previously, but this technique was different. She appeared almost feral as she lunged at the sand mannequin, pushing it down and laying into it with rapid blows. Had it been made of flesh and blood, and not the remnants of ancient mountains, then no doubt the attack would have been devastating.

Arashi was right, it was not just a lock-down technique, it was a way of ensuring someone did not fight back. Pinning their limbs was important, but damaging their weak spots was equally so.

Ameko nodded.

"Throat, eyes, head,” She nodded, "Prey cannot fight back with weak spots attacked.” The laws of nature were simple, if vicious.

The replicate returned to its feet, and Ameko crouched, her stance feral but less practised than that of Arashi. Then she launched forward. Her movement was fueled by passion and intensity but, as was so often the case, lacking in grace or the learned particularities around strategy. It was sloppy, powerful, but sloppy.

Her body collided with that of the replicate, and her knees swiftly pinned it’s shoulders, the bulk of her weight focused on the upper body, as she slashed with strikes based off of the Mark of Dog and her own studies of her hyenas’ claws. The throat proved her primary target.

Once the sand had been suitably damaged and removed from the dummy, she would rise, her head quirking to the side as she looked at Arashi, "Good?”

bonobo has written 141 posts
Be They Feral or Untamed [Arashi]Feb 11, 2024 4:15:15 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Be They Feral

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Arashi would watch the girl proceed to mimic her actions, though the display was not unexpected in presenting somewhat of a challenge based on what she saw from earlier. Ameko had strength, there was no questioning that. But there was still a lack of grace and finesse that had to be developed. Which, came with time as most things did. It was possible that if she managed to learn this, she'd be all the more capable in a fight, if not harder to hit.

So in watching her landing and the following attacks against the duplicate, Arashi would gesture to the side as she walked over toward her with a calm expression on her face.

"Good..yea..but not great...your landing could be better...remember that the intent is to make sure that ya have your target locked in. It should be a one step motion...your light enough that ya can even swing around them if needed to get into position...sometimes that even works out better..."

That said, in looking at the impact upon the sand dummy, the older female would raise her brow with a smirk.

"Though as for ya hit ratio...I'd say ya made an dent...pretty sure if they was alive they'd be dead now..."

Arashi would then lean on her hip before then looking toward the girl with a calm expression.

"So...questions or do ya think ya know what ya should focus on with this technique?"
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Be They Feral or Untamed [Arashi]Feb 11, 2024 6:13:50 GMT -5
Warai Ameko
Might makes right
Warai Ameko Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Ameko’s face responded automatically to Arashi’s advice, twisting and contorting in ways that she could not, nor did she particularly care to, control. She knew there’d be issues with her technique, there always were on a first attempt. Even knowing that, part of her had hoped that the jounin would give her a thumbs up, a pat on the back, and tell her that she’d done perfectly. It was a rather immature hope, that she knew, but it was beside the point in any such case. There had been flaws in her technique, that meant there was room to improve.

The advice provided was solid enough, easy to understand and parse. Her agility was her weak point, that made sense, part of the reason why she was learning the technique was to rectify that deficit. Of course, the praise as to the damage she did to the dummy did not go unnoticed either. The girl was practically chuffed as she was informed that she’d likely have killed the replicate had it been flesh and blood. How peculiarly morbid.

Still, the opportunity to ask questions before diving into the drill again was offered. Instinct informed Ameko that there was no need. But, contrary to her nature, her conscious mind interrupted such bold thoughts.

"You said I could swing them around,” Her lips pursed into a thinking expression as she spoke, "What do you mean? I suppose I could adjust my vector of attack- or maybe shift how I am on them before we hit the ground, but I don’t quite follow. A lot of other shinobi are men, as in bigger and older than me…” The fact that so many of her fellow genin were in their twenties went unspoken, "Are you-” Her eyes lit up, "Are you saying to make the adjustment in mid-air, or on the person, as in swift contact is the most important? Or- how do you mean?”

She quirked her head.

Be They Feral or Untamed [Arashi]Feb 11, 2024 8:04:02 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Be They Feral

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

The questions that came morphed when the clear uncomfortably notion of the possibility behind what she meant became known. In truth, Arashi never thought along those lines, yet the more it seemed to lean on that, it fact remained that it was a bit out there.

"Yea...I see where ya goin and no..."

Holding up her hand before then making her way over toward the replica herself with a calm expression.

"Granted, it can seem like what I'm askin is for ya to go and start swingin on the target like ya dancin on em, but no...the adjustment can be made in mid air to move yourself at an angle where you could strike at the neck and even pin them that way, though you'd still have the issue of keeping them down and their hands are still free to move..."

Pointing towards it, she'd then cross her arms with a calm expression.

"This technique involves flexibility...and granted...it can be uncomfortable...the intention is to make sure that your target is not able to defend...not give em a eyeful...if done right...your movements should be swift enough that if ya adjust just right, by the time they realized what happened, they should already be on the ground..."

It was still alot, and Arashi knew it...prompting her to look toward Ameko with a calm expression.

"Preferably, if ya able to get yourself in a position when in launch that you can safely disarm them and have them down, then using them as a platform shouldn't be required...but to do that, ya gotta make sure that ya have the impact strength to get them down fast...ya can even pin em at the shoulders with your knees and lock their arms down with your legs...but that still requires ya to be a bit more...limber..."

Arashi would cough into her hand as she looked away.

"Trust me...ya don't wanna be on the opposite end of having that error..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Be They Feral or Untamed [Arashi]Feb 12, 2024 2:15:00 GMT -5
Warai Ameko
Might makes right
Warai Ameko Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Some of the implications of Arashi’s advice went right of Ameko’s head, the younger ninja merely nodding along or quirking her head as necessary. She knew enough to know that she was missing the context behind some of her tutor’s reactions, but not enough to piece together exactly what was being said through omission. Not that she particularly minded in any event, after all, her focus was on being as combat effective as possible. If being limber and flexible would allow her to do that, then that was precisely what she needed to do.

"I’m not the most limber,” Ameko nodded solemnly, "But I can work on that. Important that I get every skill I can at my disposal, never know when you’ll need flexibility.”

Rolling her shoulders, Ameko turned back toward the dummy, thinking aloud as she stared at it, "I’ve got to adapt to use my own abilities, yeah? Use those skills at my disposal. I’m not the most limber… yet. But I got strength, and I can use that. What’d you say about impact strength? If I have enough I can get ‘em down fast? I don’t have the ability to quickly move my legs to pin their arms or their neck, but… if I can adjust myself in the air to aim properly and hit ‘em with enough force, is that the best of both worlds?”

Ameko’s face twisted as she continued to think, "Make up for the deficiency when I actually make contact by making sure everything in the lead up is correct, and the force is sufficient?”

She paused for a second.

"What would happen if I was on the opposite end of that error you were talking about?”

Be They Feral or Untamed [Arashi]Feb 15, 2024 1:51:17 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Be They Feral

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Totally misread that one...

Arashi would hold up a single finger, prepared to answer the last question before stopping herself as she looked to the side.

"I'm gonna tell ya what I told my brother...ask me when ya older..."

That said, Arashi would shake her head before then allowing a serious expression to cross her lips.

"In any case...back to the rest..."

It looked as if the girl had some idea of what she was talking about in terms of working out how to become more flexible in the execution of the technique, as well as even looking into the possible alternative means that could be employed when using it. It was diverse enough so that there were a variety of ways of getting to the same result.

"Regarding the method in which ya get the result...ya can do the adjustment in what way ya think will work for ya...just remember that it still requires some flexibility on your part. So the progression with training to be more limber is still a solid starting point..."

Placing one hand upon her hip, Arashi would then close her eyes and nod.

"Plus the benefit of having that ability will be valuable in other aspects of your shinobi training as well..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Be They Feral or Untamed [Arashi]Feb 15, 2024 5:19:00 GMT -5
Warai Ameko
Might makes right
Warai Ameko Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The brunette quirked her head. Tell her when she was older? Did that mean Arashi was alluding to something inappropriate? It took a moment for Ameko to think on the statement, on the movement, before her face turned a vivid shade of red. Is that what she meant!? But this- this was combat! She quickly shook her head, the action involuntary and instinctual, trying to throw away the thoughts. Truth be told, Ameko didn’t even know what she was thinking about, let alone the true nature of what was being discussed, just that it related to things that she absolutely did not want to consider.

"O-okay!” She barked, drawing the attention of the hyenas for a moment.

"Yes,” Ameko added quickly, focusing on the other parts of what Arashi said. The training, the use of flexibility and how she could go about effectively using the technique, "Yes, makes sense.”

Giving a quick thumbs up, the younger ninja returned to her position facing the replicate. She inhaled once, twice, then settled herself. The earlier embarrassment was cast aside in favour of something which she understood far, far better. The simple need to draw blood and unleash damage. She’d watched her companions do it since before she could speak. She had joined them

She dropped into a crouch, her hands almost touching the sand beneath her feet, her stance almost quadrupedal. A heartbeat passed. She launched.

Her technique was slightly altered. The same leg muscles that had powered her in her chase of Arashi launched forward, her full strength behind the blow. Such speed meant that she could barely control herself in the air. But she managed it well enough, her right leg shot out, her knee connecting with the replicate’s knee. They hit the ground, and upon the impact, she brought her other knee up to pin the other shoulder.

His hypothetical legs remained free, but his arms could not move, and his throat was exposed. A rather powerful opponent, one made of muscle and sinew, would likely have been able to throw her off. But at least they could not strike back with their arms, and she moved quickly.

A strike from her left arm, then her right. Then she buried her teeth into what would have been her opponent’s throat. Instinct drove the move. It took a few moments before she realised what she had done, and panting, she relaxed back, still mounting the dummy.

"Better?”

Be They Feral or Untamed [Arashi]Feb 16, 2024 15:15:44 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Be They Feral

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

It was at that moment as Arashi watched the girl, her movement and her ability to adapt the technique to a form that was just as effective as her own, that the Jounin realized that the Genin was indeed on her way to becoming far more than just simply relent on a singular method of getting the task done. Perhaps she had placed the idea of adaptation into her head, but the rest was being employed in a seamless fashion.

As a grin crossed her lips as Ameko finished, Arashi would nod her head with a single word.

"Much..."

In walking toward her, she'd place her hands on her hips before then raising her brow.

"Keep this up and I may start worryin...keep workin on that mid air control and allowing yourself to flow into the motion of your actions..."

That said, Arashi would then look toward her with a small smile.

"Still...very well done...guess that means next week's lesson has to be harder..."

The Jounin would gesture to the side before continuing.

"Ya know what ya need to work on....I'll let ya get to it...I gotta get my own training in too..."

It wasn't uncommon for most officials to simply grow fat and allow themselves to be content with their level of achievement, but Arashi had always found that to be the most unsavory part of being in positions of power. As such, Arashi didn't rest on her success. She kept striving to be better. Yet the training she had to complete was a bit more mental than physical.

"Next week will be quiz time...be ready..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Be They Feral or Untamed [Arashi]Feb 16, 2024 22:16:54 GMT -5
Warai Ameko
Might makes right
Warai Ameko Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Ameko beamed, revealing teeth still covered by sand. The happy expression temporarily shifted into one of confusion and irritation at that fact, and she spat rapidly to rid her mouth of the foreign bodies. With that sorted, her face returned to that of pride. She’d done it. The praise bathed her with a warmth and contentedness. Somehow, she’d not even been properly aware of just how much she had been craving the approval.

She leaned back, relaxing her weight but keeping it on the dummy. As Arashi spoke, Ameko nodded enthusiastically, only slightly blanching at the statement that next week’s training would be more difficult. It had been stated together with a compliment, but the promise of yet harder work did not fill her with excitement.

The promise of growing stronger was one that she did not wish to throw away, but it did come accompanied with a degree of trepidation. Especially when it related to a quiz. Combat drills, that made sense, that she could do. But some kind of quiz. No thank you.

"Quiz?” Ameko asked, the disgust on her face equalling that of when she had almost eaten sand, "You- you don’t mean like… a quiz-quiz? I-” She opened her mouth to protest, but closed it.

Instead, she made the uncharacteristically wise choice of merely pouting, "Thank you… You know for the training- I appreciate it, I really do. Whatever we have to do next week- just, yeah, thanks…” Her words trailed off, and she rose to her feet, looking at Arashi one final time before the older kunoichi left.

Whatever would come in the following week, she would make sure to perfect the Wrath of the Dog before then. She would continue to impress. She had to.

Be They Feral or Untamed [Arashi]Feb 17, 2024 2:16:22 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Be They Feral

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Ya can relax...it ain't that kinda quiz..."

In looking at Ameko with a calm expression, Arashi made ready to head out further into the grounds, stopping short as the girl would go on to thank her for the training and stating how she'd be ready for whatever came next week. Looking over her shoulder, Arashi would nod with a smirk on her face.

"You puttin in the work is thanks enough....sides..."

That said, Arashi would wave toward her with a calm expression as she continued forward.

"We've only just gotten started..."

It was true...Arashi hadn't taught her everything yet, and there was indeed value in taking the time in doing it step by step. But Arashi had a feeling that the girl was starting to become aware of that. Whatever she did with the training she received, she expected it to be nothing less than fantastic.

Though it wasn't as if Arashi was getting nothing out of this arrangement herself...

A part of her was starting to realize the truth of what came from passing on the knowledge one knew to the next generation. Granted, she was far from done with her own story, she wasn't disillusioned by the prospects of what likely came after.

What did she want out of this life?....It was a pressing question that lingered on her mind since speaking with Lord Kiyoshi. What plans did she have? What did she want to do?

Arashi only had a partial answer...but that was a story for another time...

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS