Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]

compose a reply
Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Feb 9, 2024 14:41:10 GMT -5
Hyūga Honnō
Hesitation is defeat...
Hyūga Honnō Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 26 years old birthday February 18th rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 2 Leader
Hon was a member of the Barrier Corps. That meant he was expected to be among the most skilled in Fūinjutsu… and he needed the skills expected upon him. Hitomi-hime wished for a revolution to the Caged Bird Seal on his forehead, and that required adjusting a high-level Fūinjutsu already applied to a Hyūga’s forehead – directly tied to their blood and soul, a task that required the highest efficiency in the field. So he rewired more of his focus onto the Corps-

Both Itsuki and Miroru were in the Corps now – Itsuki was in the Detection branch, while Miroru was Hon’s direct kōhai as part of the Interception team. He had to train himself, but he also had a duty to train them – and since they were all in the same Corps, coordination and teamwork was key

3 types of formations were necessary, at least, to solidify a good team – one for full offense, one for defense, and one for escaping conflict.

Hon hadn’t informed them yet, though – in a bit of an impatient haste, he merely summoned them (figuratively, as in sent them one of his Aquila summons to notify them) to a valley located north of Konohagakure. Both were Chūnin now, so it was expected that they’d have the clearance to exit the village at the request of a fellow Corps member.

The valley was awe-inspiring… but also littered with large statues, each praying hand large enough to carry 7 people. Most noteworthy were the two large statues at the center edge of the valley’s pool, statured as if guarding a third statue lying on its side in the middle – one wild-faced humanoid, another wild-faced humanoid, one wearing a cloth between their hands swung over their behind and waving it in the wind, and another carrying a large ring over their back with drums attached to it. Each drum had three, characteristic tomoe carved into them… and the one in the middle looked so peaceful. So tranquil.

Whoever carved that statue must’ve been inspired by the Uchiha’s Sharingan… Hon pondered at the sight, himself cross-legged upon the praying palm of the center statue, But as drums… I don’t get it, but… the inscriptions call those two guardians Raijin and Fūjin. Problem is, it doesn't specify which is which, and the mason didn’t scribe his own name down before he died… what a shame.

And thus, the intention behind all of these statues was never disclosed, and the mason likely passed away decades ago. Now, they simply remain here as awe-inspiring monuments, and…

They could definitely practice in here. Move freely as some of the creatures that called this valley home.
has written 95 posts
Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Feb 12, 2024 7:15:12 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday 9/18 rank Chuunin occupation Barrier Corps

Yamanaka Itsuki

Itsuki wasn't entirely sure what prompted Hon-sensei to call them out here, the young Yamanaka having to extricate himself from another training session to follow the request from his previous Genin team leader. To be asked to just randomly show up at a location outside of the village was definitely weird, but the summon that had shown up was definitely that of his sensei, and the request tracked with the older male's somewhat scatterbrained nature at times.

Arriving at the location hidden within the trees, the Yamanaka couldn't help but stare incredulously at the place. A breathtaking hidden valley filled with giant statues... just where did Hon-sensei keep finding places like this? It was like the man knew every old location with impressive architecture in Hi no Kuni.

With a couple of handseals, Itsuki used Henge no Shin to transform himself into a magpie before taking flight, exiting the saftey of the foliage to scan his surroundings, coming to land on one of the fingertips of the palm where Hon-sensei was waiting. Hopping along the stone, the magpie stared at the man for a few moments with a tilted head before seemingly losing interest as it pecked at the stone absently.

He'd never done this before around the Hyuga, nor had he summoned any of his magpies, so he wondered if the older man would realise it was him. Either way, it'd be amusing while it lasted.

Word Count: 237
Training 1/8
Tags: ,
Eleri has written 409 posts
Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Feb 14, 2024 0:45:19 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
Unlike Ituski, Miroru had neither second guesses nor deceptive approaches to being called to meet with a talented member of the village someplace private. For her, this was entirely routine, having received such summons from Toshizo, Issei, the previous Hokage, Tomomi- the list was nearly comprehensive. Instead, she showed up jogging at a calm and relaxed pace.

Which would have seemed almost normal if she hadn't been doing it several stories above ground level.

With her fantastic footwear providing small barrier footholds as she ran, it gave off the distinct impression she was simply jogging in midair, physics be damned. And when she needed to adjust her altitude to reach Hon's location, she simply stepped up as if climbing a flight of stairs as she scampered through the open air towards him, coming to a perfectly chill stop on another fingertip nearby.

"Ahoy! Hyu-ga't something you needed me for, senpai?" Miroru called out as she landed.

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,172 posts
Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Feb 24, 2024 7:38:56 GMT -5
Hyūga Honnō
Hesitation is defeat...
Hyūga Honnō Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 26 years old birthday February 18th rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 2 Leader
Hmh… he enjoyed this place. The wind held a somber melody, and he felt tempted to pull up his Ryūteki and play a little song to accompany the leaves blowing about, the droplets from a nearby stream, and the chirping of local birds.

Speaking of, one such bird – a gentle, little magpie – landed on one of the statue’s fingers and gazed at the shinobi with a pure intrigue that only animals could possess. Afterwards, it acted with indifference – another trait that only animals could perfectly perform. Their thought processes were so different from that of other species, and especially humans. It was never about being more or less intellectual – they lived in two, different worlds, and comparing IQs was a fool’s errand. Animals were something special.

… Huh. Miroru could walk on air… that was an interesting Jutsu. Hon would remember that for later. "Mhm. Sorry for calling you on a short notice,” Hon apologized to her, his face remaining still as unstirred water, "It’s been a while since you and Itsuki joined the Barrier Corps. I believe it’s time to evaluate your arsenal and establish formations for the different approaches we have in the field.”

Miroru had a reliable library of techniques to draw from in open or hidden combat – most notably were her Shadow Clone Technique, her Transformation Technique, and her Chidori. These hard-hitting, efficient techniques were backed up with heavy amounts of agility and speed, all that Miroru showed none but exemplary mastery of. A trickster that couldn’t just be pushed to a corner.

Now that she was in the Barrier Corps alongside her friend Itsuki, Hon would make sure that they could cover each other’s backs, veil each other’s weaknesses, and amplify each other’s strengths. This was no one-day, one-time training – it would likely take a while… but they always had their duties in the Corps to test out their skills with.

Itsuki was a prodigal Yamanaka – Hon had personally trained him ever since he got out of the Academy, and while that time was limited compared to many other Genin Team Leaders, Hon was confident in his evaluation of Itsuki’s strengths and weaknesses. Due to the boy’s proficiency with Ninjutsu and Genjutsu, he played a great role as a long-range disturbance and field manipulator. Not only was he skilled at tracking down enemies, he could keep them occupied or ensnared from a distance with his clan’s Hijutsu or bombard them with Wind Release. A scary, little Fūjin, he was.

Comparatively, Hon saw Miroru as more of a short-range vanguard – it was almost too fitting to team them both up with each other. But he’d clear himself of any doubt after today.

"Today, we will just practice with four scenarios – apprehending a fleeing enemy, an engaging enemy, a hidden enemy, and a group of enemies. You and Itsuki will use this opportunity to establish our own formations – we won’t always have enough time to lay down battle plans in the field, especially when engaging in combat or under enemy lines. Some things will be imperative to communicate with each other without words, but… yeah, you know. Uh.

He was low on caffeine again. His voice sort of just died out at the end.

And it would increase their chances of survival. That was the most important priority.

"… Usually, Itsuki shows up before anyone else.”
has written 95 posts
Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Mar 1, 2024 20:05:59 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

If he could roll his eyes in a Magpie form, Itsuki would. Trust Mi-chi to come to the location by running across the air, couldn't do anything in a way that people would expect... well, except him, he could usually guess how she'd respond to things. Ruffling his feathers slightly he took to the air, coming to rest in the red hair of his... whatever they were to eachother now... and started to preen her hair in the most deliberately obnoxious manner that he could.

He made sure to stare at Hon-sensei the whole time too, even as he would flutter around to try and avoid any grabby hands should Miroru protest his attempts at hairstyling-via-bird. 

He even tilted his head pointedly when the man mentioned a hidden enemy, before promptly returning to his attempts to mess with Miroru's hair by separating it into nine distinct sections. Because why not? That was kinda amusing to consider, her red hair, the fox's red fur, it was practically made for this sort of reference. For some reason he wasn't quite ready to just reveal himself, it would much funnier if the others worked it out themselves.

Plus being a magpie was fun in and of itself.

Word Count: 204
Training 2/8

Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Mar 6, 2024 6:10:18 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin

"Oh, no apology needed! You'll find I'm quite reasonable as a student- er, or as a subordinate? I guess that's more accurate here?" Miroru wondered, tapping her chin as she perched on one of the outstretched fingers. "And is that so? Well, sure! Though, I oughtta warn you- the two of us are kind of overachievers? So you could be signing up for a more thorough arsenal assessment than you were prepared for!"

It wasn't delivered with the sort of arrogance that someone confident in their strength would make such claims. Rather, it came off with the casual amusement of a librarian who'd been asked to present an inventory of their book collection by someone who hadn't heard what they did for a living yet.

"Honestly, though, I'd really love that. I know I've been a chuunin a while, and cleared Genin, obviously, but uh... I never really did any work with an established ops or genin team. My teamwork has always been impromptu out of necessity- which is fine, I've got a lot of talent at being adaptable, but getting to hone teamwork with people I'll be protecting sounds like a great idea!"

She lifted a hand and- abruptly- the image of a scroll appeared over her palm. It'd occur to Hon- quite quickly, most likely- that it was an extremely weak genjutsu creating the display.

https://i.imgur.com/yPJVghD.png

"So here's a list of all the techniques I know," she stated. "They're color coded by chakra nature or general jutsu type, though I kinda lumped most of the general ninjutsu together, except for barrier stuff. I-"

It became quite clear that he'd meant it would be more of a practical sort of exercise, and she cleared her throat as easily as she cleared the image of the scroll from the air. "Er, nevermind! Chasing a runner, a fighter, a sneaker, and a gang! Gotcha! And, uh. Actually, that little trick I was using? It's super good for communicating without words, cuz only the people I pick can see the image. We can use that!"

At no point did Miroru try to shoo the bird off. Not while it mussed her hair, not while it teased it. It wasn't until Hon spoke of Itsuki's lateness that she even addressed it.

"What makes you think he didn't?"

Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Mar 10, 2024 8:47:21 GMT -5
Hyūga Honnō
Hesitation is defeat...
Hyūga Honnō Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
… What an odd magpie. Curious to a fault, too – was Miroru an actual predator, that magpie’s sense of trickery would’ve gotten it kill-

A bolt of lightning almost visibly struck Hon’s head as he cooked up a hunch. Just one of those strange thoughts that the human mind would often delude its vessel with… but was it delusion? Time would tell. Miroru could also just be an animal person, with her carefreeness drawing in the wilderness around her… but that magpie sure took time to glare at him for some reason.

Those feathers… black at the roots, but ending in dark-teal nuances. Its strong interest in Miroru. The fact that it was dividing her bangs into nine sections… nine… Hon had his suspicions for a while, but if his hunch was true, this revealed two big things to him. For now, he’d just keep it to himself.

Miroru had a good point – she and Itsuki were young but well-achieved shinobi. Hon could be signing himself up for more than he asked for, but as their still-yet-hopefully-still-going-to-be-in-the-future senpai, it was a giant lump of responsibility that he casually took on his shoulders. No matter how many skills they gathered in record time, he wanted to make sure that they always had someone to rely on. At least, until they’d grow and become senpais themselves, thus returning to the same standpoint he was at.

… He took a close look at the scroll that Miroru manifested with a faint Genjutsu. Information-sharing Genjutsu, mobility techniques both as Water Release variants and as the more general Body Flicker Technique… she also dabbled in the New Shadow Style hailing from the Land of Lightning. With all of this potential, physical flexibility and speed, it was no surprise to see her combining them with hard-hitting Chidori variants and Water Release in large-scale measures. She’s good at decoying too… Combination Transformation could be used with her Shadow Clones. She also has a handful useful Barrier T-

H-Huh? She just up and dispelled the scroll for some reason… ohhh, she probably thought he already knew what she had. Well, he didn’t know all of her skills, and even if that scroll only lasted for a swift moment, he saw enough. "Indeed. If we appear in need of improv, that technique can really come in handy. I expect Itsuki to use this, as well,” he addressed – Miroru was reliable, okay, but personally, Hon trusted Itsuki with the very concept of memory just a bit more.

That was when he decided to act on his hunch and asked Miroru a question: "Before he shows up, I wanted to ask… you… you and Itsuki… you're close, right?” Hon was inhuman to ask such a question with such a stoic face – truthfully, he was curious about his protégé’s love life, but this was likely a bit out there. But if that bird was him, then why not embarrass the Chūnin out of hiding?
has written 95 posts
Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Mar 24, 2024 8:31:25 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

Tori!suki was rather displeased that his attempts to bother Miroru went ignored, which was probably exactly why she was doing so. Which meant that he stopped relatively quickly and gave a particularly impressive birdly pout, ruffled feathers and all. He didn't however end the henge. Nor did he end it when Hon-sensei started to talk about his connection with Miroru, though the level of bird stink eye increased exponentially, to the point that one might be forgiven if they thought he was trying to manifest a sharingan out of sheer irritation.

He knew he'd been made, but neither of them had actually called him out yet, which meant that he was going to stubbornly stay as a bird until he won some level of control of the situation back! He wasn't going to just poof into existence in a frenzy to stop his sensei's prodding into his private life! 

He definitely wished that he'd stayed in the trees though, or at least mostly outta sight, since his attempts at being a troll had backfired so spectacularly. Curse Mi-chi for deciding to play it straight! And curse Hon-sensei for his nosiness! It's not fair, he wanted to have the last laugh but right now it didn't feel like he was going to have a chance.

Meanies, the both of them.

Word Count: 219
Training 3/8
Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Mar 25, 2024 3:40:52 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin

Miroru? A wildlife person? It wasn't like she was in near constant company of- oh, wait, she was. The Bakenokawa, squirrel-sized foxes, were a near constant companion for the girl. For that matter, if he looked closer, he could just catch faint movement in the bottom of the hood hanging down her back. A little study, he might even be able to spot one or two in the environs... maybe. They were QUITE elusive.

"Whaaaa? What good's that technique for Itsuki-kun?! He can just, like. Beam the information over. I made that one up cuz I can't do the whole brain connection thing." She pouted briefly, then pushed out, "If I start teaching people, do I get credit for inventin' it still?"

Close?

Miroru laughed at the question and reached up with startling speed to grab the magpie and hold it gently. Like borgr. "Itsuki-kun and I've been close forever. Used to be us and the gang, but mostly they found other things they wanted to focus on, and me'n Itsi are the only ones that stuck with shinobi work. Did you know he crammed like wild just so he could sneak his way into the exams with me at the last second? Little madman managed to squeak into third straight out of the academy. Must've driven some of the other examinees nuts," she said, petting the magpie without any hint of letting it go. This was Itsuki's life now.

Used Sokudo to grab Toritsuki liek borgr.

Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Apr 5, 2024 9:18:00 GMT -5
Hyūga Honnō
Hesitation is defeat...
Hyūga Honnō Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Aw, now the bird looked uncomfortable… but it didn’t poof up in smoke. Was it, by any chance, just a very perceptive magpie? Whatever he just said, it had a problem with him now… its eyes pierced right through his skull. If I didn’t know any better, it’s as if that bird’s manifesting its own Dōjutsu.

"… Well, yes. I was hoping that he’d never have to enter a scenario where he’d be unable to utilize his clan’s Hijutsu,” Hon explained his softly paranoic worries, "And Itsuki can at times be proud of his clan’s skills. Overtime, it’d lead to stagnation – one of the few things that he and Tokaku had in common, before… truth is, even I’m kind of a convict in that regard.”

If anything, Itsuki’s sudden interest in gunbai – and by extension, Bukijutsu – was a relief. He confidently saw Itsuki as a full-fledged Chūnin now. "Credit? Certainly, if you remembered to write it down in record. The Hokage should keep track of the development of Jutsus in the village, so if you want your credits, he’s your guy.”

Further listening to Miroru’s feelings about Itsuki, it seemed that they were like his index and middle finger joint together. Miroru, obviously, was the middle finger – no doubt about that, it wasn’t even a joke… but their bond was tight, he could tell. "Hmh… props to his ingenuity and willpower. When he puts his mind to something, he’ll achieve it. I barely had a month to prepare him for the Exams…” Hon revealed to the vessel of foxes, sort of undermining his input as Itsuki’s sensei in that regard. Would Itsuki had done just as well without his help?

Honestly? Hon was considering that possibility… but it was the demons in the dark talking on his behalf, again. They’d stayed dormant since Lord Shigure, but they were often trying to resurface again.

"Be… be careful with that. Bird bones are hollow and fragile, and you could accidently turn it to mush if you’re not gentle,” he warned her, despite Miroru already being as gentle as she could be. Hon loved birds of all kinds, and it even melted into his perception of his students… small, funny ducklings. Ducklings of mass destruction, duckling psychomages, but ducklings after all.

"N-No, seriously, hollow bones let them fly, s-so if you… if you hurt it, it-it won’t be able to f-fly…”
has written 95 posts
Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Apr 7, 2024 23:19:00 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

He couldn't help let out a loud squawk of protest as he was suddenly yoinked from Miroru's head and borgrised, feathers all puffed out in surprise and indignation from his new position as his birdliest stink eye turned its attention to the redhead, little magpie legs flailing out beneath him as though trying to run away from the grippy little hands that imprisoned him so unfairly.

Could he have escaped if he let go of the henge? Absolutely. Was he going to do that? Absolutely not! Operation birb escape was now go! It was about this time that Itsuki realised that his repetoire really didn't lend itself to taking forms such as this, amongst them very few were even remotely useful as a birb. Even the majority of his genjutsu required him to use handseals! How was that fair?

Pondering with all his borgr'ly birb might, Itsuki made his decision. It might cost him some feathers, a little bit of dignity, and could potentially cause him some issues... but it was the best of a bad situation. He'd have to look into techniques that he could use while transformed later on, but for the moment... well, he'd have to make do.

Taking advantage of a moment where neither of the others were looking at him directly, Tori!suki's chakra wriggled carefully around him, and he slipped out of the fingies that imprisoned him with a modified Nawanuke no Jutsu leaving only a few feathers in her grasp. This accompanied by a whistle of freedom laced with Kousou as both punishment and deterrence for Miroru reacapturing him. The moment his little birby feet hit the ground a quick Shunpo had him out of sight where he could finally drop the henge with a sigh of relief. He would have to take a moment to recover from his swift getaway, but he was relatively satisfied with himself. 

Word Count: 314
Training 4/8

Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Apr 15, 2024 4:32:04 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
"Stagnation? Hey, that's not like Itsuki-kun, he's always working on new stuff! Like the other day, I was using this super sneaky jutsu I have that lets me hide even from spooky sensors like him and Kazui? And I caught him working on this cool Fuuton technique that like sorta looked like he was using chakra to poot? But not like a big one, but like a steady poot that just sorta swirled around and I think he was gonna try to ride it!" Miroru proclaimed confidently. "... so there's lots of things he MIGHT do but STAGNATE isn't on the list!"

Miroru made a face at the mention of Tokaku. "She's super proud of being an Uchiha, yeah. Makes me worry sometimes. Like... I dunno. I feel like she puts so much weight on herself to be "A Good Uchiha" that she aims herself in directions that aren't great." She paused and sighed. "I think a LOT of us do that, actually. Maybe I kinda dodged that kunai, huh?"

Her face went flat at the mention of the Hokage, and she hunched her shoulders. "I don't like the new Hokage. He... he reminds me of Hatake Toshizou-sama. Like... before he met his daughters. He was-"

Cold.

She didn't say the word. It projected as she shivered.

"... he feels a lot like that now."

That was about when Birdsuki split and trilled at them, dunking Miroru into a disorienting, dizzying Genjutsu!

One she was prompt about resolving with a one-handed seal to flush out her chakra network with a quick Kai! "Rude! Rude and churlish! I coulda fallen, you know!!!" Miroru yelled at nobody as she reclaimed her equilibrium!

Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Apr 22, 2024 13:02:42 GMT -5
Hyūga Honnō
Hesitation is defeat...
Hyūga Honnō Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Perhaps Miroru was right. Perhaps he was just being paranoid… *sigh* as always. Hon had strong habits and always wanted all bases covered, but he’d have to put more trust in the gremlins. That was what a real sensei would do in this situation. That was what he’d have to do here and now.

Maybe he blamed himself a little for the lack of time he’d had to tutor Tokaku. How their skillsets differed greatly was no excuse for a Jōnin, and it wasn’t like Tokaku had it easy. Even Miroru could see that Tokaku was going in directions rather unnecessarily… distant. Distant from her classmen. "I… I see. It’s not always something we decide for ourselves… not always.” Miroru, in that regard, was ‘lucky’ if you could call it that. It was a sticky situation, really.

"Also… my apologies, if I came off as condescending to him. I didn’t… mean to.”

Apologizing directly to your underclassmen was often seen as a sign of weakness, wasn’t it? Why did Hon always perceive himself as such? It’d been… over a year- nay, over two years since Lord Shigure brought him back to the clan’s walls, saving him from ultimately becoming another nuke-nin. And now, he’d come this far… what was with these heavy emotions? These thorns in his heart…

… Hmh. Her opinion of the current Hokage was clear to see, no less thanks to her projections. "Hmh? But so am I.” Hon did raise an eyebrow, wondering now how Miroru felt about himself. Wasn’t Hon equally as cold and stoic as Toshizō-sama? He never made a face, so… did she not like him? It kind of contradicted her diligence today – Miroru was a trickster by nature, and he would’ve suffered greatly at her plots and schemes by now.

A Genjutsu? Oh boy… my inkling was right, Hon mentally sighed, watching the magpie fly away. It was obviously Itsuki, but why he didn’t want to reveal himself even now was a mystery to the sensei of today’s group. "So… that was Itsuki. Did we say something bad? Is he mad at us?”
has written 95 posts
Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Apr 24, 2024 6:56:42 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

Keeping Miroru's mention of some sort of sneaky jutsu that she thought could fool even his sensing in mind for later interrogation, because he was not about to let her wander around freely like that! He was also plotting vengeance against Hon-sensei for comparing him to Tokaku, how dare he! Tokaku of all people? There was insulting and then there was insulting and he was Insulted with a capital I!

The question now was... how did he suitably return to the others without seeming like a little idiot. Wracking his brain for some sort of answer, he was drawing absolute blanks, he had no suitably cool way of walking that off, the sheer embarassment was overwhelming.

Guess it was time for plan D!

Pretend nothing happened.

With a brief tensing of his legs, Itsuki launched himself forward with Shunpo, seeming to blur into existance near the other two but out of their field of view in order to maximise the performance. Casual and unconcerned, with the right touch of innocence as though he was simply late and not at all the one that got trapped as a bird. Gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss. If he was really good, he could probably convince them that the bird was one of his summons...

"Have either of you seen my magpie? It wasn't willing to do what I asked it to and I can't dismiss it until I've told it off?" he stated the moment he stopped moving, an innocent and completely oblivious expression on his face. Yamanaka training hopefully coming in to help him here.

Nailed it.

Word Count: 263
Training 5/9

Fūjin, Raijin, And Formation [Itsuki, Miroru]Apr 27, 2024 22:49:07 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
"I mean... no, but you can try not to lean into it," mumbled Miroru. It was hard for her to accept others not fighting their less noble impulses.

Considering she was at war with her own.

"Oh, nah, I'm used to it. Nobody wants to gimme any respect as a chuunin anyhow, so I hardly register anything patronizing or condescending from someone who actually has the standing to throw that around," Miroru snorted with a smirk. "You, sir, are fine."

She shook her head at Hon's response. "You're not. Not even close. Maybe you haven't seen what he's like since he took up the Kage's mantle. You and him are night and day."

She shrugged at the question. "Who knows how birdbrains think? If anyone has a right to be cranky, it's me! I was assaulted, you know! My poor chakra, invaded by mean bird jutsus!"

"Oh, hey, Itsuki, good of you to finally make it here. Me and Hon-sensei were just discussing how nasty the punishments for your drastic tardiness were gonna be. It's a shame you weren't here early or on time. You could have avoided all this. Tell him, Hon!"