Excision [Toru]

compose a reply
Excision [Toru]Feb 10, 2024 0:58:24 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
If you're not bleeding, you aren't trying hard enough.
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday November 30th rank Advanced Genin occupation
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]
[attr="class","laycake-top"]
[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-1"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-2"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-img"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-icon"][attr="class","th th-skull"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric"]NIGHTMARE

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]AND IT'S COMING THROUGH THE STEREO!

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]I'm going to the top and nobody's gonna stop me now! Another

[attr="class","laycake-mid"]

[attr="class","laycake-icon"]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Someone here is gonna have to let you know[break]This is my time and it's etched in stone

[attr="class","laycake-mid-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag"]

Comin' Thru the Stereo feat. Hyro the Hero Hollywood Undead

[attr="class","laycake-mid-2"]

His recent bout with Kasumi had thrown everything out of alignment inside his mind. These... feelings, these emotions he had when thinking about her... he didn't know what he was supposed to make of them. For the longest time they had just been rivals, competing with each other to bring the best out of themselves in their work. But now everything was different. She was stronger than him, and she was succeeding more than him. Did he feel like she was leaving him behind? Like this gap between their positions was expanding and would leave him behind; that she would never come back to him? He didn't know what this feeling was, but he knew that he hated it, and so he had spent the past few weeks letting the anger seep into his practice and his mastering the art of his dad's forms in the scrolls he had left behind. Even with as emotionally underdeveloped as he was, Kazue could tell something was wrong when the anger wasn't subsiding. He knew he something had to change, and that he needed an outlet for this new anger he was feeling. But none of his old peers in school were going to last long enough for him to get his anger out. No, he needed to start making strides in his power... should he look for training from Kyouka again? No, he was sure that she was going to off him one day if he kept slacking. That left only one choice. Can I really take him...? Well how else are you supposed to learn this sword better, jackass? he chastised himself.[break][break]

. . . And so it was that he found himself wandering into the old section of the Kaguya compound. He could barely control his expression of utter frustration and contempt. If his guards were with him, this was only going to get more aggravating. He was carrying his father's sword in its sheath next to him, and it felt wrong in his hand even now. He felt as if he could detect the chipped blade in its sheath from touch alone with the recent bout he had with Kasumi, but he decided to channel that frustration into the confrontation ahead. Don't worry about the damned sword, you'll get it fixed later. Just focus on the fight. He approached Toru's living quarters with some determination, practically grinding his teeth by the time he got to the entrance. If the Mizukage's guards were there, he exhaled loudly in some exasperation, offering his sword forward. "I'm here to see Toru. You can check the sword or whatever you need to do, but I'm gonna need it here in a second so make it quick." Just because they were, in all odds, likely elite Jounin tasked with guarding the leader of their nation didn't mean they had Kazue's respect for their authority or position. Kazue's respect came with his personal experience of battle power on a case to case basis... of course he was just a kid and probably not worth their time in that regard, but he wasn't aware of that and he didn't seem to be having any revelations about it anytime soon.[break][break][break][break]
Ralof: Hey, you. You're finally awake.

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]Straight out the gate, got them bodies droppin'![break]Ain't no grave that can hold my coffin!

[attr="class","laycake-overlay"]

[googlefont=Kumar+One+Outline:400]
[googlefont=Abril+Fatface:400]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #0099cc;border-bottom:solid 125px #0099cc;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#0099cc;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#0099cc; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#0099cc;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
Kyte has written 182 posts
Excision [Toru]Feb 10, 2024 11:12:03 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
I would know him in death
At the end of the world

Toru was one to often dismiss his guards from duty and if there was no active threat - and there hardly ever was - he would be home alone. For the most part he was more than capable of protecting himself and though Daichi was often still lingering in some capacity Toru tried to not pay it any mind. There was no rest for him and so by that merit alone he had returned in the evening after a full days work and was having dinner sitting by a back window that opened into an expansive field that was part of the private and rather large training grounds for the Kaguya clan.

Rice and a smoked fish were laid out before him, he was never very fancy with his meals, preferring to sustain himself with hearty food instead of thinking of ways he can 'spice things up' he had once been on the brink of starvation and now the practicality of his mind space had taken over... Even with food Toru was humble and practical.

There was nothing very outstanding about the home he lived in either, it was older and plain. As humble as the food Toru ate and the clothes he wore.

A knock came upon his doorstep, but Toru had known who was coming by the scent alone a little bit ago. Takashi had stood and bristled in irritation growling from near Toru's feet, he reached out and pressed his foot down into the wolf rubbing at his thick fur to calm the beast before he placed down the bowl of rice and utensil he was eating with, approaching the door and opening it wide.

There was Kazue, looking frustrated for one reason or another. Toru wondered if he had forgotten something for a moment, but none of it was very plain on his features as always - bland as ever.

The leader was dressed down, his yukata made for indoor wear was thin and slipping off of his shoulder like a robe that he had haphazardly put on to be able to relax at home.

"Good evening," He regarded the nineteen year old boy. "Is something wrong?"

Han has written 2,374 posts
Excision [Toru]Feb 10, 2024 14:33:58 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]I'm going to the top and nobody's gonna stop me now! Another

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Someone here is gonna have to let you know[break]This is my time and it's etched in stone

He scoffed a bit. He wasn't exactly surprised when there were no guards outside of Toru's ancestral home. He had seen Toru's strength for himself and he was sure that Toru was able to defend himself. He wondered if he had ordered them home all on his own. Even after a few years, it was hard to get a read on the young man that served as their Mizukage for him. He knocked on the door with a brisk rapping, still breathing a little heavier than usual in his anger. It was then that something began to dawn on him, especially as Toru answered the door and greeted him. He looked at Toru who was now taller than he was when he had met him. Kazue had been growing over the years as well of course, but now that he was settling into adulthood Toru was closing the gap rather quickly. Three years... it had been three fucking years since he met Toru. Was this why...? While he was briefly lost in thought, he had no experience covering up the feelings he was experiencing like Toru did. It was clear he had lost focus in his vision for a moment in thought.[break][break]

As he came back to reality, he smelled the slight hint of fish and saw Toru had just been eating dinner in the room. He noticed a wolf in the house... but it looked domesticated- or at least it wasn't growling at him at the moment or acting like a feral animal. Had Toru always had that wolf...? He shook his head, trying to clear it of his thoughts. "Yeah... sorry to interrupt your meal." There was at least some sentiment to it, he hadn't even thought about the time. But with his expression it probably didn't look like he meant it all too much. He still held his sheathed blade in his left hand idly as he mulled over his words. "Something's wrong alright. I feel like I'm stood in the exact place I was when all of this started. Maybe I took a few steps around, took in the sights. But everyone I was walking with when I started is leaving me behind. And I can't stand it! I can't stand watching everyone reach new heights while I'm here stuck at the bottom." He only seemed to get angrier the more he opened up about how he was feeling, grinding his sharp teeth against each other, the sheathed blade rattling in his left hand a bit.[break][break]

"You're my teacher though, right...? Maybe I wasn't depending on you enough. I need help and I hate that I gotta ask for it and look weak. But I do need it. I know you're busy with your Mizukage thing and maybe I'm not worth your time. But whatever you're gonna give me, I'll take it. Even if it's just crossing swords you one more time... I just need to get past this spot where I'm at now."[break][break][break][break]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]Straight out the gate, got them bodies droppin'![break]Ain't no grave that can hold my coffin!

[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #0099cc;border-bottom:solid 125px #0099cc;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#0099cc;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#0099cc; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#0099cc;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#0099cc; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
Excision [Toru]Feb 10, 2024 20:21:26 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru was quite silent in the moment, just staring at Kazue. There was not much to say, those around him progressed forward. This was the natural order of things when someone did not push themselves. Kazue had fallen off the radar, had not received much in the way of missions, it had been mostly radio silence since the chunin exams. Here and there his paperwork would come across Toru's desk and he would be assigned some work, but nothing grand. Toru was not certain what epiphany the older boy had in the time between his most recent mission and this moment but something had clicked, clearly. Or else he would not be here on his doorstep asking, or more aptly, begging for his help, his assistance.

Traditionally the leader was not a direct teacher, but a leader. There were many in the clan and in the village who would likely be far better sensei's to Kazue, but he was here on his doorstep asking and though he was not the most qualified, he as a leader felt the need to oblige. If he turned Kazue away, then Kazue might never again feel inspired to continue forward as a shinobi and what was a village without strong convictions? It was his job to insure the growth of those convictions through action.

"Mm," He hummed in response, and it did not seem like a response at all at first, a gentle acknowledgment but nothing else in return. He glanced over his shoulder towards Takashi and his supper and then back towards Kazue.

"Come around the house to the training grounds, I will join you there after I have finished my meal. In the meantime, I suggest a warmup."

With that Toru would close his door and expect for Kazue to go and warmup, prepare for their spar. Toru for the time being would eat as he had been and finish both rice, and fish. He would have a cup of tea too for digestion.

Only after he was feeling appropriately finished did he pull the shoulder of his yukata up and tighten his evening wear. He brought a bokken to the training grounds, a wooden sword and none of his real swords. He was barefoot and wiping at his lips the remnants of food as he sought out Kazue's white hair in the area... There was no one here anyway so he was easy to spot.

"Ready?"

Excision [Toru]Feb 10, 2024 21:24:31 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

Kazue met Toru's gaze for the first few moments, but he couldn't hold it for long. There was something else there in his face, in the middle of his anger and frustration. It was shame. For the longest time during the start of his shinobi journey, he had been convinced that he was ready and that he would be able to meet whatever challenges were put in front of him head on. With his own strength, and his own talent. But with his rival that always pushed him to become stronger leaving him behind, his personal growth had stagnated and now he was here on Toru's doorstep, asking for help. Asking for a handout. And he hated himself for it more than anything. That was why after f ew intense moments of meeting Toru's gaze, he broke eye contact and averted his own.[break][break]

When Toru gave a grunt, it didn't sound like an agreement. He knew he was asking for a lot from the young Mizukage, and that at best in his mind he was only asking for that much to get anything in return. He awaited for any more indication of a response from Toru, whether that be more words or the shutting of the door in his face. But against all odds, Toru agreed, and told him he would meet him in the training yard behind the property when he finished his meal. Kazue's expression brightened a slight bit as he returned to meet Toru's gaze. The emotions were still there, but now there was a bit of happiness; even gratitude that Toru was giving him a shot. He turned and walked off of the porch, circling the building without another word. There was nothing more that needed to be said. He already felt terrible for having to spring this on Toru and interrupt his evening. He wasn't going to waste any more of his time with unnecessary thanks and ass-kissing. No, the best way to show his gratitude to Toru would be to do as he said without question. And so he did, circling the property and entering the training grounds as Toru instructed.[break][break]

Kazue removed his haori with a bit of a huff, throwing it on a nearby post before pausing, and then approaching it and straightening it up on the post a bit more respectfully. He usually removed it just to make sure he wouldn't get blood in it, but in a fight with Toru, blood was guaranteed as far as he was concerned. Such measures were necessary to deal with him and his simple ways of thinking. He did draw his sword and begin going through the motions, practicing against invisible opponents and retracing his challenging fights. Waruichi Kei. Waruichi Asuna. The shinobi he nearly got killed by on that mission with Kyouka, and the fight with Kyouka herself during his team's initiation. Kasumi then, obviously. And then each fight with Toru he had. Reliving those experiences and trying to change his stance or his defense, or dodge out of the way to try and rewrite the scenarios in his head. It worked sometimes, but he wasn't deluding himself, knowing Toru's speed or Kasumi's strength would eventually overwhelm him. The problem was... Kazue was still doing this on a consistent basis. But it still felt like there was something missing. He was still in practice. But he would do the warmup anyway, since Toru recommended it.[break][break]

It felt like a small eternity that he was trapped there in those battles with his former opponents, leaving him with mixed feelings. But then Toru would draw him from his memories by asking if he was ready. He sported a wooden sword, but Kazue refrained from asking for his own. Against someone like Toru, he might as well have been wielding one. That being said, Toru would be able to plainly see the deep cut in the blade's edge from his last fight with Kasumi, but Kazue didn't seem to pay any mind to it. He took up a stance and waited for Toru defensively, holding his blade facing up with the tip pointed down at an angle towards Toru's chest. "As ready as I'll ever be," he said through clenched teeth. He knew waiting on Toru was a bad move... but it felt bad to be in Toru's house with him asking when he was ready and then to suddenly charge him. Maybe it was bad nerves... but it didn't feel like the right move at the moment. So he opted for defending if that was Toru's plan... unless this was going to be something more like a lesson?[break][break][break][break]

Excision [Toru]Feb 10, 2024 22:14:49 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru was not one who read emotions particularly well, he had gotten better in his time as a diplomat and politician, as a leader of a nation. But it was still something he struggled, one of his greater downfalls. His inability to read other people - just as much as he did not allow others to read him - made it that much more difficult to dish out punishment when it was necessary. Most recently, he had Daichi with him who was far more attuned to the world around him, including how other's felt. If someone did not plainly wear what they felt on their features, Toru would not be able to understand.

So it was only Kazue's frustration and anger that he understood, not the hell that he had put him through just by simply finishing his meal, letting him think and go through every single little thought, and memory of those he had once sparred. The reality was that the gap had grown even larger between him and Kazue since they had properly sparred last, even if he was on the cusp of being a chunin the dullness with which Kazue's senses had been navigating the world he no doubt dulled his skill too... Perhaps it was time to sharpen.

They stood there, Kazue hesitant to attack. Toru rarely attacked first, he preferred to allow others to train on their own terms but Kazue's hesitation gave Toru a hint that the other was not yet ready to go after his opponent. So Toru would initiate the action.

As ready as he ever will be.

Toru pushed off of the ground in an immediate forward momentum that made him a blur across the training yard as he cut through the grass beneath his bare feet, once he closed the distance he would slice with the bokken diagonally from Kazue's bottom right side (around the hip area) up towards his left shoulder area. It was in theory a simple attack, and an easy dodge. But did Kazue have the reflex and the wherewithal to read into Toru's body enough to do so?

They would find out now.

Excision [Toru]Feb 10, 2024 23:00:45 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

It was a hell for certain. But the hell was more self-inflicted than anything. No, more than anything, all Kazue could find blame with was himself at the moment. And it was the worst blame for him to take on his shoulders, because it was only him that was going to be able to claw his way out of the pit of despair he had put himself into.[break][break]

Of course, Kazue had put himself at a disadvantage. In terms of dueling he had openly settled in at home and put a sign on his door saying, "Come get me! You control the fight all you want from the very beginning!" That meant that Toru was going to likely have to make the first move unless he took advantage of Kazue's on-edge nerves. But that still didn't prepare Kazue for the fact that he had failed to realize even while he was over here kicking himself for all of his stagnation: Toru had widened the gap too. The moment of surprise on his face was something that Toru would likely even be able to read as he closed the distance a much more intimidating speed than before. No way... even faster?! Instinct kicked in at this point, maybe edged with a little fear at the sudden frame of reference in his mind he had carried for Toru all these years being shattered. Toru was swinging low, so he would have to meet with high. He barely managed to put his sword in front of the blow while taking a cautious step back. "Tch!"[break][break]

He had invited Toru right into the area where he would be most comfortable... but if this was the area that he was wanting to master, then what better way to learn from the encounter? Toru had engaged so quickly, he hadn't even thought to start tapping into his chakra until the very moment. He began kneading it while releasing a bit of a growl, likely far less menacing than he intended it to be and especially in the face of Toru, but he stumbled for whatever technique he should try to use. The Shikotsumyaku? The Iaigiri, perhaps? It was then that another revelation dawned on him; this was exactly the kind of warming up he should have been accounting for. He took hold of his sheath with his left hand and then quickly dropped the tip of his blade towards his left side, lashing out at Toru's right shoulder with his sword held in his right hand. No way Toru would let it hit him, but if Toru was going to deflect it, Kazue wanted it in the right place to quickly sheath and use his go-to technique. No way he would stand to win an actual sword fight with the younger man without relying on his techniques. "Amazing... you're even scarier than before..." If this was his first day, he might even be excited and laughing. But while the excitement was building in the back of his mind, he could only see the danger he was in were Toru to take this seriously.[break][break]

If Toru did deflect his blow, it would likely put his sword in the right place to sheath so he could quickly attack from that angle again with an enhanced strike, using the Iaigiri.[break][break][break][break]
NAME: Iaigiri - [Iai Beheading]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
ELEMENT: N/a
DESCRIPTION:
The user performs a quick and powerful slash with their sword, appearing almost like a blur, in order to cur the intended target before immediately resheathing the blade afterwards. In the hands of the right user, this attack can even cut clean through a boulder.

Excision [Toru]Feb 10, 2024 23:53:09 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Though he had just barely moved out of the way he still had moved out of the way, that was good at least. Though not directly impressed by the ability to move out of the way, Toru was at least glad that he had not grown so dull as to not be able to react to his initial movement. The young leader planted his feet firmly down against the ground, using the flat side of the bokken to fully deflect the length of the slice heading for his right shoulder.

It was clear with how Kazue retracted his attack that he was winding up for something else, but with his feet planted against the evening grass he already had a retaliation. Iaigiri was sent flying and Toru swerved to the side in a beautiful quick rotation directly to Kazue's side where he quickly would extend to try and kick Kazue which would in turn send the genin flying, hopefully not into any buildings since Toru hardly wanted to explain this evening time training to anyone but maybe a few solid marks on the grass.

That and also a solid bruising where the impact would be made as Toru even at his 'softest' seemed to be as tough as a diamond and his bare foot colliding with Kazue's side would leave nothing short of a bruise and likely only a Kaguya could get away with this and not broken bones.

Excision [Toru]Feb 14, 2024 22:53:18 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

Toru certainly wasn't pulling any punches, though he wasn't going to complain. This is exactly what he wanted. Was Toru giving it his best? Very likely not. But when he came to his doorstep and opened up to him about his inner turmoil, he wasn't looking for hand-holding. Still though, he hadn't expected the Iaigiri to be parried so flawlessly- and so severely, on that note. And all of this with a wooden sword? His sword was sent veering away from him. He kept a firm grip on it but that meant he was completely exposed to Toru's next attack. He didn't expect Toru to be so comfortable with taijutsu, but when Toru's foot met his ribs, it became immediately clear to him that he couldn't rely on his old idea of Toru. He released a bit of a grunt as the solid kick lifted him, but luckily the Shikotsumyaku's natural biology helped Toru in both of his endeavors. Kazue didn't fly into any buildings and didn't stay flying long, landing roughly with his feet dragging on grass. He exhaled painfully, but stood up straight, his hand clenching around the handle of his sword tightly in a response to the sudden pain.[break][break]

It hurt to even move his arm on that side anymore, but other than a slight initial wince he didn't react further to it, leveling his sword in the same stance as before, pointed at Toru's chest. That settled it. Giving Toru the control of the fight forever was going to make him flunk out. His chakra roared in his gut, and his resolve sharpened. What's he made of anyway... But he had to play offensive a little longer. He knew attacking Toru when he didn't know what else he was capable of was just going to give him more of an opportunity to stomp him into the ground. You can't win. Not unless he fucks up real bad. The best you can do is draw more of his effort out. Burn out too fast and you don't learn anything. He rushed back into the blender with Toru, focusing on his lessons over the short years he had known him. Hey, there's an idea... do what he just did. Wait for an attack that's going to connect and bounce back. He kneaded some chakra while making a quick strike at Toru's face from his left side. He wasn't entirely concerned with lethality anymore; on one hand he was sure Toru's insanely tough skin would be able to handle it if he did manage to connect, and two, well... it was Toru. It probably wouldn't connect anyway.[break][break][break][break]

Excision [Toru]Feb 18, 2024 11:23:10 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru remained planted where he had landed, where he had been first engaged with by Kazue. The genin ran at him again prepared to attack. If Toru knew anything, he knew kenjutsu and he stood there watching the way Kazue approached so that he could make his next move. The sword came up to his face, as much as Toru did not fear being hit in terms of damage, he didn't want the sword coming down against his face. It was instinctual, a vulnerable space before Toru had once been tough as nails. So he raised his arm to block Kazue's incoming attack.

The sword would make its mark against Toru's forearm the side of it, but it was a strangely hard impact... Like all of Kazue's effort reverbed back from Toru's body into the sword and likely into his hands holding onto the sword. Toru winced but only internally the lines of his face did not flinch and remained steadfast. He did not move aside from arm, did not flinch away and kept looking ahead as if he had not at all addressed Kazue's approach.

What Kazue would choose to do next would be up to him if Toru's sword like arm did not do damage to Kazue's sword.

Excision [Toru]Feb 23, 2024 22:58:27 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

To say that Kazue was surprised that his blow had landed at all was a gross understatement. Even in the midst of the fight, his expression shifted to one of surprise when he felt the solid blow land... and the resulting vibration felt in his fingertips and hand bones, making them feel like they were already bruised. But as the swing carried through with the inertia from his hands, he felt the blade suddenly jut forward as he saw a flash of pale white blade speeding towards his face. Without even thinking his body kicked into high gear and he jerked his head away from it. He felt a slight pain in his cheek as scarlet seeped out of the flesh. He heard the rest of his blade hit the grass and the dirt somewhere behind him as he looked behind him. Did Toru attack with a thrown blade? No, he didn't have one when they came out here, he was sure of it... he looked back at Toru in some bewilderment, raising his blade to try and defend if Toru was going to seize the opportunity. That was when he noticed. The top half of his blade was missing.[break][break]

It all seemed so obvious in that moment. The fight with Kasumi that had damaged his blade, and the stress it had endured from striking Toru and withstanding his parries. He had even noted the damage before he started this fight with Toru. Anyone should have seen this coming. What was this sudden emotion he was feeling? Loss? Why should he care about it? It was some relic from his father, a man he didn't give a single shit about. It had served him well, sure... but was it really something that he had grown so attached to?[break][break]

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Toru. He hadn't expected to land a blow... and had he actually cut him? He scoffed in a bit of dry humor, sheathing what remained of the blade. There was pain in his cheek as blood seeped from the razor thin cut, and the pain would flare every time the wind opened it up a bit, but he didn't pay it any mind. "Damned thing broke... guess even death can't keep that bastard from screwing me over. I can keep going though, unless you say that's my loss." His mind wasn't stable at the moment, but at the same time it was like it was putting off processing these new thoughts and feelings until he was finished with what he was doing. If Toru gave the greenlight, he would start the Yanagi no Mai.[break][break][break][break]
NAME: Yanagi no Mai [Dance of the Willow][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low[break]
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu // Kekkei Genkai[break]
ELEMENT: N/A[break]
DESCRIPTION:[break]
The user will grow eight long, thin, pointed bone blades from their body to use as weapons. There isn't any set form for the Dance of the Willow, much like a willow that is shaken by the wind, the opponents attacks are simply parried and countered with extremly uncordinated momvents. The hardened bones are easily capable of cleaving through flesh and other bone. They bones will protrude from the palms of the users hands, elbows, knees, and shoulders. This dance form is incredibly acrobatic, using spins, charges, and long sweeping slashes to make the strikes more effective and to evade opponents' counter strikes. The user can extend the bones from sixty centimeters to a meter in a half in length.

last edit by Kaguya Kazue on Feb 23, 2024 22:59:00 GMT -5
Excision [Toru]Feb 25, 2024 11:47:38 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru closed his eyes briefly when the blade broke overhead shattering and spreading its bone fragments everywhere. With Kazue moving away though he would lower his arm shaking it out. It had been a blow that hurt, but if Kazue looked there would be no blade seeping from that area, the only noticeable difference was that the sleeve had been cut in that spot and was hanging loosely now from the leader's arm. If anyone doubted his durability as a Kaguya, this right here was a true display of that durability. He didn't move, didn't attack. This was training for Kazue after all, it was for the other to get better, no point in attacking now when he had only half a sword available to him.

The older boy sheathed it and Toru reciprocated the gesture, instead growing white coral from his palms. It was not the same amount as what Kazue was displaying, but he did not need it. This would be a dance of reflexes between the two of them and Toru met the genin in the middle in his own dance that he had trained from the Kaguya themselves, though it was clearly something of his own doing and invention.

NAME: Taiyō Sango no Odori [Dance of the Sun Coral] 太陽珊瑚の踊り
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
HANDSEALS: 0
DESCRIPTION:
Toru will extend a long piece of sharp coral from his palm before beginning to stab chaotically and continuously in a way that may cause the opponents eyes to lag. The speed resembles after-images with the hand holding onto the pseudo-sword being projected outward. There seems to be no coordination or regular pattern to this attack, following no set pattern on purpose with the attack coming from unexpected angles - in an attempt to unfurl the opponents defense. Toru's abilities as a kenjutsu user helps him to continue on hoping to tire his opponent out and looking for an opening in their defense.

Excision [Toru]Mar 7, 2024 19:16:55 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

Kazue grinned slightly when he saw Toru was letting him replace his weapon. He had expected Toru to crush him immediately, but he was actually giving him the opportunity to learn. Kazue completed the dance for the Yanagi no Mai, but it seemed Toru intended to meet him with a dance of his own. It actually looked like Toru had grown a bone, but Kazue knew that he wasn't a user of the Shikotsumyaku. There was something else going on... maybe it had something to do with that beast? Toru suddenly thrusted that sword-like bone towards him, and Kazue recognized the dance. It wasn't one he himself had mastered, but he had seen others use it before. He did what he could to dodge, seeming to do it almost on instinct at this point, but against someone of Toru's caliber, that could only get him so far. He was rapidly acquiring new cuts and gashes on his arms and shoulders as he moved his arms to defend himself. [break][break]

He quickly lashed out with one of his arms and the blade connected to it, trying to quickly divert the next blow and counterattacking all in one move with the blade extending from his elbow. Even if this didn't work, the next move would ultimately be the same whether he managed to land a blow or not: Rotating and advancing to attack with the blades coming from his shoulders and knees by turning to swing an axe kick into Toru's left side. This would also naturally bring the blade from his knee using the Yanagi no Mai to make for blow threatening in two ways.[break][break][break][break]

Excision [Toru]Mar 8, 2024 11:51:23 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

The dances that they were performing against each other were quick and complicated. It helped to be particularly well versed in one's own body for this sort of dance. Reflexes were of utmost importance and Toru was not one to have dull reflexes, his body reacted well to any incoming attacks from Kazue almost instinctually it seemed. Kazue could not keep up quite as well with his own thrusts, it did not help that there were after images most likely distorting Kazue's perception of reality.

Kazue did retort though, having bone and coral collide before coming in with a kick towards Toru's left side. Normally Toru might have ducked and rolled but this time he would jump up and forward to catapult himself over Kazue and land just behind him. But if Kazue allowed for the kick to continue forward and all the way around he would meet Toru on the other side with yet another barrage of coral stabs from the leader's palms.

It was mostly a practice for Kazue to get used to having to dodge and move out of the way and react quickly when there was not a lot of time to react. He would learn in time, it was not as if one could do it all in one training session - but the first steps had to be taken.