Forging from the Ground Up | Group D

compose a reply
Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 13, 2024 4:40:30 GMT -5
Nakahara Yuushi
Be Brave, Stay Wild
Nakahara Yuushi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday 10/09 rank Sp. Jonin occupation Sage
Most would likely sleep in a little after a night of fun, staying up to enjoy the night of lights and fun of the festival, Ayukawa having helped him focus on living in the moment when she'd asked him to join her in the festival. But instead he was up early with the sun rise, something he always made sure to be after having been bedridden for 14 years. And after he'd dressed and gone out for a short, brisk walk to help wake up, he was now facing the consequences of having focused on simply enjoying the moment in the festival. On how in the end he'd ended up NOT BUYING ANY GIFTS! It was staring him in the face as he packed up for the boat ride, the only things getting packed being the things he'd brought with him. Ohhhh....I'm dead I'm soooooo dead. Bakagiri will hunt me for the rest of my life if she finds out. He'd be pacing nervously, his bags noticeably smaller than his companions. More evidence of his crime.

And now, there was only one hope for the older teen, one person who might be able to save him. Kazuyuki, the one that he'd asked to hold any items that he might think would catch the interest of a mantis. So as the group got together to board the boat, Yuushi darted straight towards his well dressed teammate. Yuushi would be wearing passing formal wear, though his shirt was slightly bulky in a way that didn't fit his build and threw off his well dressed appearance. The two large scythes on his back weren't especially complimentary either. Kazu! Did you end up finding anything? A last ditch effort to save his skin from being flayed by mantid blades. But no matter the answer, he'd still have to board the boat and await what comes next. For all of them.
last edit by Nakahara Yuushi on Mar 13, 2024 4:44:57 GMT -5
Cheeky Bishie has written 19 posts
Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 14, 2024 0:49:32 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday October 15th rank Chunin occupation Operation Team Member
Forging from the Group up

"But if its on water and heavy, it should sink. Though I guess if theres is a means to keep it on top of the surface, it wouldn't sink right? Is it using Chakra? I know certain woods have chakra infused into it, but that would be weird for a boat right? But then if it isn't chakra, then we should be sinking right? Wait! I think I may have it! Its a seal right?!"

Ayukawa would continue to question the sailor with rigor, her hand resting behind her back as she watched him move from one side of the boat to the other. It was easy to keep up, but it wasn't yet clear to the young shinobi that he was doing so in an effort to get away from her.

The night before had been amazing. Along with getting to hang out with Yuushi, she had eaten her fill of food from the festival and still had enough to get gifts for her friends back home. She had considered what she might send to the clan as well, but imagined that anything she brought back would have to be useful for more than just decoration. In the end, she settled for perhaps hunting something out here and skinning it's materials.

But for the moment, she'd enjoy her time at sea. Looking on at the waves, feeling the waver of the ship as it rocked, taking in the rush of air as it hit her lungs like a splash of cool water. As she continued to follow the sailor, she'd stop short of Yuushi, seeing his concern of his lack of gifts before speaking to him with a grin.

"Don't worry...maybe they'll have something on the ship you can bring back...Oh! Wait Mr.Sailor!"

In quickly returning to her pursuit, the Suna nin would continue to press the man for more information about the boat itself and how it was staying afloat despite the weight.
    Tag: | Words: xxx | Notes:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION

-Jutsu Used-

-Item's used-
xPuppet Arm

-S.A Used-
Lion's Sleep
Hunter instincts and experience on the hunt have granted Ayukawa insight into the minds of the prey she encounters. Animalistic encounters have allowed her to track and be capable of following those that she intends to target, at times giving her brief, but small insight into their intentions. While not fully developed, they have improved over her continued use and natural development, allowing her instincts to be heighten to a point where she isn't caught off-guard when activated or in an intense moment that requires a reaction. It also allows for her to at times get inside of the heads of her target, mostly due to their movements and their patterns once discovered. It is a skill that is constantly growing, though has yet to reach it's full potential.

In the Jungle
To survive in the desert, one must be able to keep up with not just the prey, but also to outrun the wild predators as well. Ayukawa training and life in the wilderness and vast landscape has prepared her for such events. Her genetics in relation to the Saeko Clan have given her an edge in physical combat, along with making her much more agile. Living out in the desert has also made her incredibly durable due to the intense environment surrounding her, along with possessing a high amount of physical stamina.

Law of the Jungle
The law of the jungle states that the strongest survive and the weak perish. In further effort to increase upon such a principle, Ayukawa has further increased her strength by the usage of training weights. Her constant runs, strikes, and combat acts have more impactful strides due to their instrumental usage. As such, while not yet strong enough to break boulders without applying chakra, she has improved the impact strength of her strikes to the point that she can fracture bones with more ease, much like the bite of a lion.

Kaze has written 556 posts
Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 14, 2024 1:39:40 GMT -5
Chikamatsu Kiyoshi
Your worth is measured by the worth of what you value.
Chikamatsu Kiyoshi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 43 years old birthday July 2nd, 980 rank Jounin occupation Godaime Kazekage

ROUND INFORMATION

Group D - Rotation 8

The Kaminari no Kuni sailor seemed worn thin, staring off into the distance while trying to work and explain basic concepts at the same time, constantly moving from one rigging to another, unable to escape the questions. Kizumi help me... he whispered under his breath. Were all Sunagakure Shinobi so unfamiliar with the outside? Did people live beneath the sands?

The calm winds blew past, slightly cold from passing over Shimo no Kuni, and carrying a heavy scent of salt. The sailor, unable to explain what he did not fully know - Why would I have learned how it works? he thought - finally gave up and told the Shinobi to hold on.

He emerged from the hull of the ship with a set of four fishing rods. "They say Shinobi are skilled - let's see you catch some fish for lunch, then." he said with a weary smile, setting them up along the rail with bait and tackle. The bay was full of fish, and catching some would not be overly difficult, even for beginners.

The coast of Kaminari no Kuni dissapeared behind them as they ventured out into the center of the sea, away from the trading vessels which skirted around the coast. In a few hours time, they'd be out of sight of any land, and well away from most civilian vessels, but at least they'd be near halfway to Yu no Kuni.

Rotation Period Ends
last edit by Chikamatsu Kiyoshi on Mar 14, 2024 1:40:18 GMT -5
Phantasm has written 115 posts
Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 14, 2024 2:31:44 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday October 15th rank Chunin occupation Operation Team Member

"Fishing??

The young girl would note the rods being presented to them near the hull of the ship, prompting her to blink for a moment as she picked one up and examined it. Granted, she had fished before, most likely anyone could depending on their experiences, though she had never done so with a rod. It was easier with nets or simply placing yourself within the same area as the fish and scooping them up and out of the water. Similar to her training with Zakku-kun, it was a process that took time and patience. But exactly how would things fair with using this kind of tool?

Still, with everyone working so hard on the ship, it seemed only fair that they do their part as well to aid in everyone's enjoyment. Even if it meant being the ones to provide the food. Not to mention that fish did sound delicious.

"Yes sir Mr.Sailor! Sir!"

Placing her hand up in a salute, the dark skinned female would then wave the rod around for a moment, looking at the tools to help bait the hook as she began to prepare her line. It was a bit of a struggle at first, her wooden fingers having more an a challenge placing the bait, but after three attempts, the girl grinned with success as she held the rod in both hands.

"Bonzai! Okay! Now just to swing the rod and line over the edge and..."

In saying this, she'd try and be careful not to hit any of the others as she did so, moving her arm in a wide circle before casting her line into the bay. Giggling, she'd then look over her shoulder as she yelled out to Zakku.

"Zakku-kun! Look! I'm fishing! With a rod! THIS IS SO COOL!!!"

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION

-Jutsu Used-

-Item's used-
xPuppet Arm

-S.A Used-
Lion's Sleep
Hunter instincts and experience on the hunt have granted Ayukawa insight into the minds of the prey she encounters. Animalistic encounters have allowed her to track and be capable of following those that she intends to target, at times giving her brief, but small insight into their intentions. While not fully developed, they have improved over her continued use and natural development, allowing her instincts to be heighten to a point where she isn't caught off-guard when activated or in an intense moment that requires a reaction. It also allows for her to at times get inside of the heads of her target, mostly due to their movements and their patterns once discovered. It is a skill that is constantly growing, though has yet to reach it's full potential.

In the Jungle
To survive in the desert, one must be able to keep up with not just the prey, but also to outrun the wild predators as well. Ayukawa training and life in the wilderness and vast landscape has prepared her for such events. Her genetics in relation to the Saeko Clan have given her an edge in physical combat, along with making her much more agile. Living out in the desert has also made her incredibly durable due to the intense environment surrounding her, along with possessing a high amount of physical stamina.

Law of the Jungle
The law of the jungle states that the strongest survive and the weak perish. In further effort to increase upon such a principle, Ayukawa has further increased her strength by the usage of training weights. Her constant runs, strikes, and combat acts have more impactful strides due to their instrumental usage. As such, while not yet strong enough to break boulders without applying chakra, she has improved the impact strength of her strikes to the point that she can fracture bones with more ease, much like the bite of a lion.

Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 17, 2024 0:30:53 GMT -5
Senju Kazuyuki
Senju Kazuyuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 13th rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1 Member/Barrier Corps Interception Division
As Yuushi approached him, Kazuyuki belatedly remembered the few packages full of things ged manage to find for the other. It had been a strange request, no doubt, but he was definitely more versed in things like shopping than Yuushi was. Sighing, he pulled them from the sleeves of his long kimono. Many of the things he’d found were local snacks and such that wouldn’t easily go bad, but there were a few varying trinkets in the last package as well, including a wood-carved mantis with surprisingly good detail to it. ”I’m not yet familiar with your summons, but when in doubt, food is often a good thing to think of. Local specialties are a common souvenir to bring back from a trip, especially snack foods,” he answered, adjusting his sleeves now that the packages were safely out of them.

”Anything that makes you think of them is also good, usually. The things I’m bringing back for my colleagues are vastly different to what I might bring back for my boyfriend, or my cousin and his wife, whom I live with. Really, in the future, try to think of what the people you’re bringing things back for might like! And ask what they like, too.”

That said, Kazuyuki watched as one of the crewmen brought out fishing rods for the shinobi. Raising an eyebrow, he couldn’t help but question the man. ”I thought fishing trawlers typically used nets to catch their fish? A boat that is constantly moving isn’t likely to catch anything unless you’re planning on having us spear fishing,” he pointed out. He’d never fished himself, but a fishing rod didn’t seem right considering the constant movement of the boat.
Kitarial has written 31 posts
Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 17, 2024 0:42:03 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Don't hunt what you can't kill
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 14 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1
// Zakku //

I could go supersonic, the problem's chronic
Tell me, does life exist beyond it?
When I need to sate,
I just accelerate into oblivion

"Fishing..."  Zakku stared at the rod and bait.  He remembered how to fish.  Kinda.  It was part of his training with Ayukawa he'd come up with when they'd spent some time in the desert dedicated to training.  He'd had them catch their own food with their hands from the ocean nearby.  It was not only training for her but for him as well.  It helped him start learning to control mixing his raiton with his natural speed.

Watching Ayukawa prep and then fling her line out made him snort in amusement.  "Hell yeah you are Ayu-chan."  Zakku encouraged Ayukawa and started to prep his line.  With a grunt he'd cast it out.  The bait landed in the water shorter than Ayukawas throw.  "Come on Kazu-kun.  Where's your need for a challenge?"  Sitting down with a plop Zakku would begin to make himself comfortable and ash his blunt before replacing it in his mouth.  

"Nets and Harpoons are easy from a ship.  But this is something a bit more of a challenge."  Zakku exhaled his smoke away from the group with a playful chuckle.  "Also don't let Ayu-chan here cook your fish.  She burns things."  The blue haired shinobi nodded solemnly.  "I should have kept that steak to show everyone.  We could have used that against the bandits."

Jutsu used: N/A
Duh Dood has written 540 posts
Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 17, 2024 1:33:56 GMT -5
Nakahara Yuushi
Be Brave, Stay Wild
Nakahara Yuushi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Yeah. Maybe you're right A-Oh. As Ayukawa stopped by to offer some supportive words the green haired young man was receptive towards them, but as he turned in gratitude the girl was rushing after the captain who'd just managed to escape her. At least she's excited. Yuushi would comment to Kazuyuki, and in truth he normally would be excited as well if it weren't for the anchor around his neck so to speak. And he at first took the long-haired man's sigh to be a bad sign, that the anchor was thrown overboard, and he was doomed to be giftless. Until the pretty looking teen procured items from sleeves, a whole haul of treasures.

Oh wow! This is enough for everyone! They'll love this! And this... He separated the wooden mantis from everything else, holding the other gifts with his other arm. This is amazing...I can't believe I missed it... He then shook himself out of his wandering mind, looking back towards the young man. You're a total lifesaver! Here. He slipped the wooden mantis into it's case and pulled out his money pouch, not even questioning the amount asked. He wasn't going to question a lifeline after all. However as he pulled out the ryo, he also got a minor lecture on buying for others, something it'd be hard to say he didn't need more practice with. It's that obvious that I'm not good at that? Well, that is good advice, so I guess it's a good thing I'm an easy read. He smiled again while laughing, his hand rubbing the back of his head in mild embarrassment. Yet still, in the end he was looking pretty pleased with how everything turned out. Then their captain snapped under the many questions, and brought everyone fishing rods.

And now, Yuushi found himself in the middle of the captain and Kazuyuki, the young man challenging the efficiency of simply fishing. A question that was broken by Ayukawa's excited yelling of how she'd caught a fish. Yuushi looked beyond him at the celebrating girl, then back at Kazuyuki, not saying anything in an awkward silence at first. But after a pause, he'd grab both rods and slowly step back. I'll just...Go put these gifts away and set both these rods up if you decide to join...Thanks Kazu! And the teen soon fled from the increasingly put-on captain. And after setting up both rods, Yuushi found that fishing was nice. Sitting perfectly still was a pretty strong skill of his after all, and he'd look a predator. Watching the line, waiting. It was hard to tell if he was even breathing or sleeping, unmoving. Until a tug, and suddenly he came to life, pulling with a velocity and suddenness like a mantis itself striking. And his prey would land on the ship, a healthy, strong looking piece of driftwood. Well...I don't think we have to worry about burning this at least... He remarked to his blue haired teammate on the potential danger of the fate of their catches.
last edit by Nakahara Yuushi on Mar 17, 2024 1:37:41 GMT -5
Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 18, 2024 5:08:40 GMT -5
Chikamatsu Kiyoshi
groupSand Shinobi

ROUND INFORMATION

Group D - Rotation 9

The sailor had mostly escaped out of earshot, but still managed a laugh at Kazuyuki's skepticism. "Well, this isn't a fishing vessel - don't have nets. You'll have to make do."

The sun made its' way down from the sky as the time passed - falling lazily. Lunchtime blew past, not nearly enough fish caught yet. Even if the method wasn't efficient, the time they spent ensured at least a few good catches, with the sailors hooting and hollering each time one of the Shinobi pulled a fish up.

By the time the sun had fled from sight, and the sky was beginning to darken, they had a decent stock of fish both large and small. The fishing rods were stowed away as the light faded away.

The Shinobi and the crew eventually sat down around a small stone stove that one of the sailors had lugged out and removed the lid from. It only housed a small fire, without much risk of the burning the ship down, but the skewered fish soon began to roast nicely over the top and their cooked aroma wafted over the deck of the ship.

The small glow of the fire that was bouncing off their faces seemed to be the lone beacon of light in the vast darkness of the sea, now that the sun had set beyond the waves. Nothing else could be seen out in that blackness, the coast long gone from sight. The sailors brought out water and drinks, bread to go along with the fish.

Toasted and charred in the stove, they sliced them open and smeared them with a fruit jelly from Yu no Kuni. Some of the sailors made impromptu fish sandwiches, handed them out to everyone - others ate their fish off the skewers. There were drinks too, though when the Shinobi had assigned the mission, they'd been reminded not to be complacent - there was still lots of sea to cover, and it was dark now.

Rotation Period Ends
Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 18, 2024 7:02:05 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

"I do notokaymaybealittle...."

Though there was some mild contention in the method in which one could catch fish from Kazuyuki, it appeared that the challenge placed by Zakku might draw him to reconsider. Still, as she and Yuushi seemed to be making an effort to try at least to use the rods. While the smaller shinobi set up the second rod for the Senju, Ayukawa would grin as Zakku cheered her own, prompting her to attempt to pull in yet another fish from the water's depths. In truth, despite the mission being a focus, it was a nice change in surroundings. It certainly had brightened her mood and drew her thoughts away from her troubles.

Not to mention the new companions...

Even with Yuushi's small mistake in supplying wood rather than food on his first attempt, the small laughter that came from Ayu seemed far more genuine as she nudged him lightly. Even the other sailors began to join in on the event, the shinobi seemingly spurring on their encouragement in being fisherman for the day.

As nightfall soon set upon them, the claim that had been collected from the sea and now it was time to prepare and feast. With such a spread laid out, modest as it was, it came with a sense of pride in having helped to provide it. While the crew made merry and enjoyed the small repast from their duties, the shinobi were expected to remain on duty during all times. Ayukawa, having managed to eat enough to keep her satisfied for the moment, looking out toward the sea with a calm expression, her body leaning against the side as her head rested against it's surface.

She honestly was more or less in her own head, but she made sure to keep her nose ready as she intended not to become too relaxed. Though even she could feel the fatigue of the food she ate hitting her, prompting her to slap herself awake as she kept her eyes out into the darkness.

"I almost want to take a nap..everything was so good..."

As she said this, she'd pull herself up onto the post close to her, letting her legs dangle as she leaned back slightly to try and stretch her body into awareness.

"Save for those bandits..we haven't had any real trouble out here..."
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION

-Jutsu Used-

-Item's used-
xPuppet Arm

-S.A Used-
Lion's Sleep

In the Jungle

Law of the Jungle

Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 19, 2024 6:38:22 GMT -5
Nakahara Yuushi
Be Brave, Stay Wild
Nakahara Yuushi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
A deep breath. That was the secret to perfect stillness, to being a sage entirely. Getting willingly lost in the moment, where only the next breath existed. And it applied to almost all aspects of life, including the fishing that he was participating in right now. Sure, it'd led to him catching a piece of wood instead of an actual fish, but the older teen was undeterred. And so he once again shut his eyes, took a deep breath as he began to lose himself.

Then there was a light touch against his side, and the world was brought back to existence as his eyes shot open his meditation broken. He'd look next to him to see Ayukawa smiling and laughing, and as he gathered more of his surroundings he'd see the crew joining in the fun as they cheered the gang of ninja on. And he couldn't help laugh with them all. He didn't want to be lost in his breaths anymore, not if it meant ignoring all the people with him. So instead he turned to the tanned girl, a lighter, genuine smile on his face in thanks for not letting him miss this. And he'd recast to the cheers of the crew.

And with the teams success would come a feast fit for, well, not quite royalty. But it was still nice, and a rare treat for the green haired boy. Coming from a landlocked nation meat most of their meats were game, natives of the woods surrounding his village. I've never had actual seafood before, just riverfish! He was visibly excited, and as he watched the exotic customizations of how to eat the fish, he only grew more stimulated, replicating as many of the dining preferences as he could as he wanted to try each style. Though he found the sandwich version especially delicious.

And then, the party was over, and night had arrived. And as things quieted down, he sat down on the deck of the ship looking out to the sea. Looking out into the ocean that seemed to stretch on and on. It really is so big. He was talking to himself, as he looked out into the ocean for the first time. It was calming, and the rocking beneath him was rhythmic. Easy to lose himself in. It's been fun though. He gave a gentle, calm response to the black haired girls pondering on their journey so far. And he only grew calmer as he started to focus on his breath.
Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 20, 2024 23:44:43 GMT -5
Senju Kazuyuki
Senju Kazuyuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 13th rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1 Member/Barrier Corps Interception Division
While the others attempted to catch fish, or in the case of Yuushi- stay perfectly still, Kazuyuki was more content to prep for any future combat. Finding a spot far away from the edges of the deck, and the ocean’s spray, he pulled out his brushes and sealing tags to give the team an extra edge. The seal he’d chosen to prep, the paralysis seal, was plenty useful against the type of enemies they’d found themselves facing so far.

Each seal needed to be written carefully, and the motion of the boat meant that the seals he was prepping would take far longer to create, lest he make a mistake and blow them all to kingdom come. In fact, it wouldn’t be until it was time to eat that he managed to finish all four copies of the seal, looking at his teammates and sighing. ”I’ve prepped a paralysis seal for each of us. To activate it, just channel your chakra into it and make these three handsigns, and it will paralyze anybody within a 5m radius. Be careful, though- if any of you accidentally paralyze each other I’m going to smack you with my war fans.”

That said, the young man moved to each teammate and handed them one seal, keeping the last for himself. It wasn’t perfect, but it would do in a pinch, and if he could contribute to the team’s safety he would do it in a heartbeat. In order to get paid, you needed to complete the mission, and completing the mission was easier with a full team.

NAME: Mahi Shīru [Paralysis Seal]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Fūinjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 3
DESCRIPTION:
Placed on the ground after forming the necessary hand signs it creates a visible seal covering a 5m area in radius around the user. Anything other than the user that tries to cross the seal from outside will be frozen in place for one post unable to move. If combined with a Repulsion Seal it has the effect of not only paralyzing but then sending them flying with great speed in the opposite direction. This seal lasts 5 posts or until removed using an unsealing technique. However unlike the repulsion seal the edge of it shines faintly serving to warn others of the danger of approaching. This does not however reveal the seals nature just that one is in effect.
last edit by Senju Kazuyuki on Mar 20, 2024 23:45:14 GMT -5
Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 21, 2024 20:54:41 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Don't hunt what you can't kill
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 14 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1
// Zakku //

I could go supersonic, the problem's chronic
Tell me, does life exist beyond it?
When I need to sate,
I just accelerate into oblivion

Zakku snorted as Yuushi brought up the driftwood.  His laugh made him drop his blunt off the boat and into the ocean.  He didn't care.  He was having fun.  Hearing Ayukawas small genuine laugh for the first time in a long time made Zakku feel warm.  Even the sailors were getting in on the fun.  This is officially the best mission.  Ever.

Feeling a powerful tug Zakku returned his attention to his own rod and yanked.  Reeling back against what was surely a mighty fish   Pulling and struggling Zakku could feel his face turn red as his line finally broke surface.  Revealing a pitiful looking fish that was no bigger than the palm of his hand.  "Well...It's a good start."  Looking at the Seal Kazuyuki handed him the stoned shinobi nodded and tucked it into his vest.  "No promises Dude."  He responded as he got back to fishing.  The seal would be great to have for later.  Though he hoped they wouldn't need it.

Zakku laid on the deck picking at his teeth with a piece of fish bone.  While he normally would have gone overboard drinking with the sailors he'd been explicitly warned about getting intoxicated on his scroll.  He'd been the only one to get a warning but he couldn't blame the kage.  He had a reputation after all.  Zakku finally got the bit of food he was digging for between his teeth and let out a satisfied grunt.

Sitting up with an audible grunt Zakku stared out at the ocean with the others.  "It has been fun.  You guys are pretty cool."  He nodded.  "I'll take this being easy over Wall Duty or Scroll Sorting any day."  Wall duty was always so boring to him.  He'd often leave a clone and go running for most the day.  Though it was too easy.  There was a phrase Zakku used for the feeling he was feeling in his gut.  It wasn't from the fish being under cooked or over cooked.  It was a type of anxiety that Zakku had often lovingly referred to as the pre-hit.  Something was coming but he had no idea what and he hated not knowing or being able to identify what it was.  

Jutsu used: N/A
Duh Dood has written 540 posts
Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 23, 2024 5:42:31 GMT -5
Chikamatsu Kiyoshi
groupSand Shinobi

ROUND INFORMATION

Group D - Rotation 10

A few hours passed, the creaking of the ship the only noise aside from the lapping of the waves against the hull. For those with a sense of foreboding, it seemed to stretch on and on until it was well and truly night. The sailors had calmed now, many of them tired out. They leaned against the railings - relaxing, but in position should the need arise. The journey continued.

Dead of night. Most didn't appear to be worried; they'd already covered most of the distance. By dawn they'd be arriving in the south of Yu no Kuni, close to the border with Hi. One of the men yawned, covering it with the back of his hand. He looked up to the crow's nest, called out to the man who was napping within. "Anything in sight?"

It was silent a few minutes more. The darkness was hard to peer through, but now that the moon was overhead, the waves were crested in white. He scanned the west, towards their destination - nothing. South, then east - the way they'd come - nothing as well, save for some small ships sailing south to Hi no Kuni. Yet when he turned north, he noticed a gap in the silver - two ships, far off. Sailing towards them, heading south from Shimo no Kuni.

"Two ships," he called down. "heading this way. Looks like they'll miss us." he said, seemingly unconcerned. The captain, towards the stern, took more interest though, and pulled out a glass through which to study them. "Unmarked," he said gruffly, "and moving fast. Unfurl those sails!" he yelled. "Better safe than sorry." The sailors snapped to attention, gave it as much sail as they could - but the wind was blowing south.

In only a few minutes, they'd covered most of the distance and were within eyesight - they were turning, following them. Sailors cursed, called the Shinobi to prepare. The men passed swords up from the hull, prepared for a fight. The darkness that covered the two ship's decks vanished as the men who hid aboard lit torches, revealing nearly four dozen mercenaries split between the two. Just as their ships, they wore unmarked armor of a decent make.

There were no boisterous calls or affirmations of their intent. The ships turned at the last minute, the first now directly parallel to the Shinobis'. A dozen and a half mercenaries armed with katanas and spears leaped aboard as the sailors ran to engage. The second ship veered west to intercept their path, the men aboard armed with bows. They began to nock a volley.

Rotation Period Ends
Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 25, 2024 22:08:50 GMT -5
Senju Kazuyuki
Senju Kazuyuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
It was the dead of night, and Kazuyuki, too, was dead tired. He hadn’t gone to sleep truly, unwilling to rest when danger was high, and had instead caught brief few minutes of sleep in between pacing the deck. Those snatched naps had helped, but he was tense as a bowstring, ready to snap a moment’s notice. His composure wasn’t quite shaken yet, but the strain of keeping his head level would be somewhat noticeable to the others when the conversation between the captain and the watchperson went down.

Action, and significantly more dangerous than their previous encounter, from the looks of it. In the few tense minutes that followed, Kazuyuki adjusted his war fans within his sleeves, ready to whip them out at a moment’s notice. But they were not his main weapon for this fight, and he instead chose to pull out his prepared tag from earlier, eyes hard as the two ships approached rapidly.

And then the torches lit, revealing nearly 4 dozen mercenaries between them. His expression positively stony, Kazuyuki made the choice to stand close to the prow of the ship, facing the enemies that were cutting their ship off. He channeled a small amount of chakra into his paralysis seal for safety, slapping it down on the ground at his feet and ensuring anybody who came within 5m would be stunned. He then turned to the archers, who were nocking a volley sure to cause serious damage if it hit. Making three handsigns and staring as close to the other ship as he dared, the young man kneaded his chakra, only to expel a fast-moving volley of his own- wood bullets, the range of them likely only just enough to reach the archers, but hopefully enough to startle or delay them from shooting.

Jutsu Used:

NAME: Mokuton: Shingan Rendan [Wood Release: Bullet Seed Barrage]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Mokuton
HANDSEALS: 3
DESCRIPTION:
The user kneads the chakra within their bodies, creating sharp seeds that can be spelled at high velocity at the enemy at a short to medium distance against the enemy able to pierce cloth and flesh. The technique is better used as a way to take an opponent by surprise, aiming towards exposed vital spots.

Forging from the Ground Up | Group DMar 26, 2024 1:59:44 GMT -5
Nakahara Yuushi
Be Brave, Stay Wild
Nakahara Yuushi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
A breath.

The world was coming to in bits and pieces now, broken up as he got lost in each breath. And this meant that the older teen was shut off from the outside now. And it wasn't out of rudeness or displeasure but simply something that had been drilled into the young man's head since he first started his path as a Sage. Interrupting his meditation while gathering nature energy was a death sentence, pure and simple. And while he wasn't actually gathering nature energy at the moment, it was simply habit at this point to ignore the world when meditating.

Another breath.

He'd hear scatterings of the chatter, the appearance of two ships on the horizon. Though it seemed to be dismissed by most. Most but not all. The captain seemed hesitant. Yuushi didn't know what exactly had raised the alarm in the mans head, what had brought on his sudden caution, though he could make a few guesses. But now wasn't the time to be letting his mind wander. Now, it was time to breath.

Another breath.

A development as the world flashed back into reality. The two ships weren't just sailing past, they were sailing towards them. Unmarked. The landlocked boy wasn't overly familiar with the rules of sailing, whether there were legitimate reasons to be possible unmarked. But it wasn't sounding good. He'd feel the wind on his face now, the sound of sails flapping in the wind as orders were suddenly being shouted throughout the deck, the captain trying to run from the ships approaching them. It seemed that a fight was imminent, but first.

Another breath.

The shouting of orders had been replaced with shouts for help now, a call to arms. The captains intuition had been right, pirates were attacking. Though the pirates didn't seem to be making much noise, not like how they'd jeered and cursed in the stories he'd been told where they went up against heroes. Maybe next time he'd get to see some pirates like in those stories, but for now it was time to take action. And so he ended his meditation the way he always did.

A Clap.

Every sage had a unique clap, some were loud, some were quiet, some were slow, some were fast. The green haired sage, for his part, could be described as having a subtle clap. It was fast, but didn't have much power beyond it, only creating a regular sounding clap instead of a sharp slap. Though there'd be no transformation, no sage powers since he hadn't been gathering nature energy, but he followed the steps all the same.

And it was now he finally got to see the pirates with his own eyes. Not colorful misfits, but instead a group of professional looking people. These pirates don't look like how they do in stories at all... He was clearly disappointed. And while Kazuyaki focused on the ranged attackers, Yuushi would join the sailors in fighting those armed with spears and swords. The seal given to him by Kazuyaki fluttered in his pocket, as if offering itself to be used as they were grouped up, but the green haired sage decided to approach this his preferred way. Wielding both his scythes. Though he wouldn't be going in to slaughter and maim, instead he held back while trying to keep his attacks non-lethal. These men didn't look like ninja, and so he was testing them, trying to gage just how big a threat they truely were, still finding the idea of slaughtering simble brigands to be distasteful. So he rushed the group, spinning both his scythes on their chains, both to knock away their weapons from the sailors and push back or even cut up any pirate unlucky enough to not be fast enough to avoid the spinning blades.

-Yuushi is only hearing tidbits of what's going on, focused on his meditation
-Yuushi follows the steps even though he's not collecting natural energy as the situation develops
-He's got a subtle little clap cuz he a sneaky little guy
-Is very disappointed Pirates aren't actually dressed like the Pirates in Carribean
-While Kazu focuses on the ranged fighters, he focuses on the melee folk, still holding unto the paralysis seal
-Tries to gauge the strength of the mercs, not wanting to slaughter people he can just incapacitate so he spins both scythes to knock away the pirates weapons and leave them open for sailors while also potentially hitting them, trying to keep it non-lethal strikes

JUTSUS USED:
NAME: Kage Sansui [Shadow Landscape]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
ELEMENT: None
DESCRIPTION:
The user holds their scythe out in front of them and spins it rapidly. This allows the user to repel incoming projectile weapons with great ease as well as keep away physical attackers or close range weapons.
last edit by Nakahara Yuushi on Mar 26, 2024 2:08:29 GMT -5