Lightning Fast

compose a reply
Lightning FastFeb 15, 2024 9:48:00 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 37 years old birthday January 7 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team 3 Leader
The ninja of the hidden cloud were known to be some of the fastest in the ninja world. Their mastery of raiton allowed for them to imbue their reflexes and processing speed, and this was not a fact that was unknown to the rest of the ninja world. In fact, it was what made them renowned and feared across battlefields. Shirai found herself scouting out the talent, viewing her village's participants, and overall came here for a good time. Though also, she'd found herself largely lax in these times, only beginning to just reinvigorate her training and push herself to new heights. Especially when another era for conflict might be next door. What she was most curious on was how the people conducted themselves, and how Kumogakure's ninja would distinguish themselves.

Tetsumaki Shirai had seen both Kumogakure's golden age, and also it's darkest hours. Had taken up slack when many of her colleagues, friends, and relatives had died either from war, disease, or the aftermaths of conflicts. So, if there was anyone invested into the future of the village, it was her. She'd lost all of her own children in the conflict after all. So she fostered the generation in hopes of making an even greater and pronounced generation and era for her nation. While she wasn't a stepmom, she was the mom that stepped up. Every child in Kumogakure was protected as if they were her own. Because in a way, they were all she had left to look forward to. Losing herself in the sprawling market, the lithe Tetsumaki found herself wandering. 
dandead10#5303 has written 70 posts
Lightning FastMar 3, 2024 3:40:18 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ataru
Uzumaki Ataru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 8 years old birthday September 13 rank Genin occupation
It was another beautiful day in Ayakaze, the Sun was shining yet clouds hung low providing a modicum of shade and coolness sprinkled in together with the light warmth. Taking a deep breath the boy explored the busy streets of Kumogakure, rare was the opportunity to visit someplace outside the village while not out embarking on a mission. Though the exams were still upcoming there was time enough for leisure and travel, wanting to soak in the sights as well as gather enough souvenirs for those back home. Amidst the hustling bustle of the bazaar the boy certainly stood out, the fiery red hair and whirlpool symbol emblazoned on the back of their field jacket was a dead give away to many. Doing some shopping here and there at the various stalls whilst enjoying the change of setting and altogether different atmosphere.

It was rather clear cut that he belonged to the Uzumaki family, a distinguished clan known for their seals mainly occupied within Uzushiogakure but have members aplenty scattered across the known world. Though his Leaf headband was a distinguishing enough mark to denote him as one joined to the hip of Konoha. Yet given his age and scope of experience it was safe to say he remained a student yet one present to undertake the Chunin exam at Akazaya by the looks of it. Spotting a purple haired woman in skin tight clothing, it certainly caused a raised brow from the boy but came quickly dissipated or perhaps moreso substantiated by the hitate hung around her neck.

Approaching the Shinobi he would give the woman a small wave, trying to cement bonds and establish connections with those of a firmly allied village didn't seem like such a bad thing. "Hello, my name’s Ataru? White you and what brings you to the market?”

Volker has written 229 posts
Lightning FastMar 7, 2024 16:57:05 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 37 years old birthday January 7 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team 3 Leader
It had been a while since she'd really stretched her legs so to speak. Most of her job had been advisory, and she'd yet to have really challenged herself. However, within a moment, she found herself waved to by a boy. A little red haired boy. A little red haired ninja. From the hidden leaf at that. Smiling brightly, she finds herself stretching her arms into the air. "Just browsing." Looking down at the little boy before her and seeing the headband, it sent her back to some...solemn memories in a sense. Where she remembered her own children. A little bit of herself considering the era she grew.

"Genin huh?..." She guessed. Taking the liberty to look him over, she remembered the sickness that plagued Kumogakure and the quarantine. How one by one, the fragile family she had seemed to fall apart, and how she was powerless to fight against the power of disease. If there was a God, of which there were many that boasted, she had found that they were cruel. For none were able to preserve her little ones. Now, all that was left for her were the children of this world that she took in. Some would say that the family you choose was always better, and to an extent, kids did fill the gap in her life. Big. Small. Younger. Older. Everyone needed some level of guidance. A role model.

"The name is Shirai. I've been feeling a little sluggish as of recently, and could use a bit of a warmup. Say. Ataru. How about you help me train? And afterwards? I'll buy you something from the market? If that sounds good to you."
Lightning FastMar 27, 2024 9:22:07 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ataru
Uzumaki Ataru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Akazaya was quite the hidden village though admittedly he had only visited three in his short time being alive, it was an altogether different atmosphere from Konoha but with many things that made it seem like a nice place to call home. The air was crisp, clean, and cool to the point of being very chilly due to the wind even with the Sun shining down. Chalking it up to them being nestled between mountainous and rocky outcroppings funneling it inwards. Though the true selling point of the town was in its focal position centered in between the confluence of two of the strongest running major rivers within the land of fire. Creating an unrivaled trade crossroads for merchants and travelers alike, his father had made many trips to and fro from the likes of Kumo, Konoha, Kusa, and Uzishiogakure.

Looking upon the purple haired woman, noticing the headband and skin tight outfit he realized her to be a ninja and a rather distinguished one given the way she carried herself. She was a Kunoichi of considerable experience despite how young she appeared at a surface glance, apparent not only through her gait but as amber pools meet darkened lilac the gaze therein helped him to realize it. Upon hearing her idle chatter about him being a Genin the boy nods and gives out a succinct response. "I sure am, in fact I'm here for the Chunin exam! Thought I'd give myself some time to explore and get used to the place first." He had known a bit of hardship but nothing overly debilitating and yet the boy seemed to seek out trial and tribulation proving to be the adaptable sort, able to weather hellish regimens and training crucibles up til now.

A flash of excitement creases the Uzumaki's features as she puts the request of training together with him, curtailing his easily excitability the boy turn more seriously focused and calmly reserved flipping that switch in them as he goes to respond. "Really?! Heck yeah, let's train and then afterward we can get ourselves some Ramen!"
Lightning FastMar 29, 2024 7:24:44 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Ramen? Eh...She didn't tend to eat it often, but it was decent to have from time to time. That said, when they were together, she'd walk on off, arms behind her head as she considered all the possibilities for them to work on. "What are you good at kid?" She says, musing as her eyes look up at the sky, her face somewhat scrunched as she seemed to think about what she really wanted to do. Honestly. Her own Genin team were off doing whatever the fuck they wanted to do. She wasn't all that close with the other senseis to begin training their students. So. Fuck.

There weren't all that many subordinates of a similar or comparable rank to hang with? It was a bit of a deadlock situation. Taking the liberty to reach out with her left hand, she'd grip him firmly by the head, before with surprising strength, lifting him up in a claw like motion, before depositing him upon her back. So he could see the world from a higher vantage. Though also showing off her seemingly monstrous strength. All things considered. "I'm decent at all sorts of things, though...ninjutsu is my forte." She introduces, as they make their way out of the market district to some of the more local training grounds. With his legs locking over her shoulders. She'd ask.

"How old are you anyways?" 
last edit by Shirai Tetsumaki on Apr 12, 2024 2:01:30 GMT -5
Lightning FastApr 7, 2024 7:51:11 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ataru
Uzumaki Ataru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
He practically vibrates the air with the energy he gives off, an Uzumaki through and through living to his fullest brimming with excitement to a near hyperactive degree though contained within the fiery haired youth as he smiles at her amidst the hustle and bustle of the market. "I'm pretty good at ninjutsu and a little bit less at taijutsu. But... I'm doubling down on it and been trying my best to get tougher." The tightly winding clothing was strange to see for the young boy and he couldn't help but stare wondering if it had any other effect, after a few short moments he returns his gaze onto her face meeting their eyes and then tracing her look upward at the listless cloud and bright blue held overhead.

Humming a rhythmic tune to themselves as he slinks back and forth swaying to the beat until he feels her palm fall around the crown of his head gripping them tightly. "Eh!?!" He said in a surprised tone before being lifted off the ground rather effortlessly giving out a startled grunt as he was heaved up like the prize in a claw machine game and thrown over her shoulder like a carnival bear. More than a little taken off by the act but after recovering he decides to just go with it, though he idly wonders if he's being kidnapped or not. "I'm eight now, why do you ask?"
Lightning FastApr 16, 2024 22:55:33 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Hearing him out, and talking about how it was he was looking to get tougher? She found herself musing, losing herself for a second when she walked out. How nice it felt to be able to do this, considering she had kids of her own. "You remind me of my son is all. He used to train like you." She says, before taking the liberty to dash off at incredible speeds, blurring through the area, as she takes the liberty to move at paces that could be considered inhuman. From walls, to the rooftops, before she leaps from top to top, before eventually? She'd skid to a stop along the training grounds.

Entering a crouch, the liger slowly grasps Ataru along his waist, and then lifts him up off of her, hands under his armpits, before placing him along the ground. "Upsie daisy." She says with a grunt. Before gazing at the various targets, and dummies, and all else. "Eight years old and a genin huh? That's pretty exceptional." She says, looking to give him some acknowledgement and praise. "I know kids that are five...six years your senior that haven't graduated from the academy yet. I bet you must be pretty skilled. And that your parents are pretty proud." She says almost certainly. She knew she would be.

"How do you feel about a little spar kid? Showing me what the kids in Konoha have got nowadays."
Lightning FastApr 17, 2024 10:49:38 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ataru
Uzumaki Ataru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"And where are..." Before he could fully get the words out and finish his sentence Ataru felt a wave of vertigo wash over him and the corners of his vision began to blur as he lurched in her grasp before moving forth at blinding speeds. It was akin to a kaleidoscope of images blending together as his mind attempted to make sense of the precarious pace he had been thrust into, going straight from one to one hundred without warning. Wrapping his head around the dizzying speed it was nothing less than astounding to the up and coming Genin. Counting the seconds in his mind as they pass through and over the various streets it shocked him to no end until they finally arrive at their destination with a skidding halt.

It felt like he had forgotten to breath the entire time he was carried across the expanse of Akazaya, sucking in a deep breath as he felt her hands pick him up like nothing and set him down it was as if he were a baby swaddled in a blanket. It was a mind blowing feeling to have met someone of such skill and abilities whilst out for a simple stroll, smiling at her with a wide beaming grin those starry yellow eyes shine like polished gold as it meets her lilac purple. "Haha, thanks. I work hard each and every day, no matter what!" His hands were calloused and roughly hewn the signs of effort obviously etched not only in his body but amidst their gaze too, a steely look belaying exceptionally stringent effort.

"You're definitely one of the best Shinobi I've ever met, how did you get so fast?! I wanna be just like you someday..." His face was filled with joy exuding that signature lighthearted easygoingness of youth, though the excitement is barely contained in him he turns more sharp and focused. Bursting with energy he smiles at the woman upon hearing her word of challenge, he wasn't sure if he would really amount to anything even approaching her level given what he witnessed but still he wouldn't give up on this opportunity to learn or grow stronger. "Heck yeah!!! I'm not sure I'll be able to stand up to ya and give you a run for your money but no way I'll say no. Let's do it!"
Lightning FastApr 20, 2024 9:06:49 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Most people's definition of "fast" didn't match up to Shirai's standard definition, more often than not. For her? She often found herself blasting forward at breakneck speeds without as much of a second thought. It was casual for her, and with her reflexes, she had no issues with matching that pace. However, before long? They stopped, and she let him get out of his dumbfounded expression. Gazing upon him with a tilt of her head as he flattered her with his praise. She grinned from ear to ear.

"Lot of hard work. Dedication." She says, before slowly leaning back and cracking her back slightly with a few twists side to side. "Mmgh!~" She says, stretching her arms into the air. "Show me what you got." She says, taking the liberty to close inwards, delivering a flurry of rapid kicks towards the small redhead, compensating for his small size with a rapid assault. Before she leans forward and with a surprising agility enters into a barrel roll, her opposite leg extended as she enters a somersault flipping motion, allowing gravity to carry her leg downwards to come crashing down towards the small boy. Where if he dodged, he could see her heel slam down into the earth and leave a small kickup of dust from her impact point.

"Weight training was a pretty big thing too." She says, moving with such practiced ease, she felt more than comfortable to hold a full conversation with the boy before her.
Lightning FastApr 26, 2024 15:26:34 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ataru
Uzumaki Ataru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Ataru realized not only through those beginning moments but as their spar unfolds that Shirai was head and shoulders ranked in a place above the clouds in contrast to anyone else he'd met at least when it came to speed, her movements had amazed the young boy but he was resolved to give a good showing despite the difference in their abilities and level. Talking a calm steady breath absorbing what she said like how a sponge does water, focusing sharply on her outline as they stood apart - as she closes inwards the outline of her silhouette proves troubling to track acting akin to a blurring haze it was all he could do to bring up a defense and inch back weathering through the flurry of attacks that pummel along his arms.

Not only was she fast but her blows land with immense power, bruising flesh as he fends off the twisting assault of kicks likening her to an acrobat or performer given how she moved with such fluidity. So this was the power of Kumogakure captured by someone from the Tetsumkai, thanking his lucky stars that this wasn't a real fight and that they were allies of Konoha. Though the moment was fleeting as the feeling washed over him and subsequently passed, eyes widening as she somersaults into a flip moving evasively stepping in one direction feinting his movement before pirouetting in the other attempting to slam into her flank with some rabbit punches of his own. Unlike her, he needed to dedicate his entire attention to try and slip past her guard and do some work of his own, looking to land an attack of his own into her lower abdomen.
Lightning FastMay 12, 2024 0:08:54 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
She launched upon him a flurry of kicks, though she felt she was reserving herself enough for a Genin anyways. She was curious to see that he attempted to absorb her blows, as he braces himself and tries to dig himself down to absorb her momentum. Until she moves like a cat, her leg raising overhead, to crash down upon him. Only for him to move swiftly with his small size, and then plotted to slam her in the flank. "God. You're slow kid!~" She says mockingly, right as his fist connects with her lower ribs, only for his fist to pass straight through her, a shock as he hears a crackling static, before her she slaps both of her hands on either side of his head, clapping around his eardrums.

Discombobulate. To throw his senses and sense of balance completely out of the loop. Before she immediately rushes forth. Her left arm extended in a clothesline as she moves at a fast speed, looking to hook her elbow along his neck, before she suddenly accelerates even faster than before. Her arm muscles tensing along his neck before she blurs and blitzes past him. If successful, he'd find himself quite literally flipping multiple times in the air in a rapid rotating motion as he'd feel an incredible force along his windpipe and trachea, of which where if she were really trying, might have crushed it. Sending him flying back and rolling and thudding along the floor like a skipping stone, she crouches down, her legs slightly spread open as she holds her hand like a visor over her eyes.

Seeing how far he'd go before he might recover himself. Oh dear. Maybe she got a little overzealous.

"Hey! You alright there kid?! I figure you Uzumaki boys are pretty tough right?!"

NAME: Kami no Bodi Kaminari [Divine Lightning Body]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Activation, Drain is constant but minimal]
CLASSIFICATION: Hijutsu
ELEMENT: Raiton
DESCRIPTION:
The pinnacle of being a Tetsumaki. By using the iron rich blood within a Testumaki, the raiton stored within the body the user can quite literally transform either their whole body (organs included) or parts of the body into pure lightning. This makes physical attacks nigh on impossible to connect properly since the opponent is quite literally punching lightning.

The Tetsumaki in this form can use conductive surfaces to transfer themselves through, including but not limited to metals, water and other reactive surfaces. A bonus to this technique is the ability to move at increased speeds in straight lines (add one rank's speed plus a speed SA). The user cannot turn while using this part of the technique, so if one can match the speed or perceive it, it could easily be dodged.

As with all lightning techniques, Kami no Bodi Kaminari has a natural weakness to mokuton techniques. Fuuton techniques can expel the Tetsumaki from the form. Physical attacks from the user are also null unless using clan jutsu specifically for said attacks.

NAME: Rariatto - [Lightning Plough Hot Sword]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: N/a
DESCRIPTION:
The user rushes at their opponent and holds out their arm, aiming to strike them dead in the throat or face. Using incredible speed and strength, one direct strike can knock an opponent down on the floor in a flash and render them unconscious.

SA:

Master of Conductivity:

Due to the accumulated knowledge and build of her skills, Shirai is expertly able to control her lightning body's selective transformations, even more so than normal practitioners. So long as she can perceive a threat and has ample time to respond, she may reflexively turn only parts of her body into lightning in the midst of heated combat and manipulate the energy to other parts of her body, seemingly making her seem partially intangible.

Enhanced Speed:

While the clan's Hijutsu naturally gives a Tetsumaki enhanced speed, Shirai herself is incredibly fast, even without her Hijutsu's usage. A lifetime of building her body and clan techniques has left her able to move at speeds that have long since made the Shinobi of Kumogakure feared and renowned.

When combined with her clan's hijutsu, this leaves her able to move as fast, or nearly as fast as Raikage in their lightning shrouds. sharing a very similar aesthetic.

Lightning Fast Reflexes:

With enhanced speeds needs the instincts and reflexes to act upon it. From decades of moving at lightning fast speeds and through experience, she has gained incredibly astute instincts and reflexes, allowing for her to act and move at an instant's moment.
last edit by Shirai Tetsumaki on May 12, 2024 0:12:12 GMT -5