The Seeds We Grow | Private

compose a reply
The Seeds We Grow | PrivateFeb 15, 2024 13:44:28 GMT -5
Ikebana Hajime
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ikebana Hajime Avatar
groupnull
age 16 years old birthday October 7th rank Academy Student occupation
Hajime let out a long, drawn-out yawn. Maybe a bit of the yawn was just his being dramatic, but as he walked through the doors of the academy, he could not help to let it out. He'd been held after the standard classes again to make up a quiz he'd conveniently missed earlier that week. He'd been applying himself much more when it came to his studies, even managing to maintain a passing grade in every section of his handbook. He was still far from perfect. He did skip classes from time to time, usually to relax or read under one of the trees not far from the academy. "Damn it. I left my books at the house." He exhaled. "Guess it can't be helped." With a shrug the boy made his way down the path that led from the academy. Haj folded his hands into the sleeves of his kimono while humming softly to himself.

Walking down the path he kept his mind away from his home. It was just better that way. Instead, he thought of his cousins, Kaname and Kanako. During class the three had decided to come together to better practice the abilities of their clan. At first Haj was reluctant to agree, preferring to spend his evening on a walk around the village or maybe tending to his mother's flower garden. In the end he decided it was best to spend some time on his shinobi arts. He was far from a prodigy and if he did not start working on his own skills there was a very real possibility he could be left behind another year in the academy. 

A sweet smell of cinnamon and honey pulled him from his thoughts. "Old lady Hima." He said with a smile, deciding to take a quick detour on his route home. At the baker's stand an older woman sat on a high-backed wooden chair. She fanned herself dutifully as her freshly baked breads and cakes sat on the edge of the stand, steam still flowing from the pillowy treats.  The older woman greeted Haj's interest with a weathered chuckle. "Oh come now boy, you just need to ask and promise to bring me some flowers from the garden." She said, waving a finger towards Haj with an almost mischievous look. Hajime gave her a smile as warm as her breads in return. "Deal, can I get one of the honeyed ones?" He asked, pointing down to the loaf with a slowly melting drizzle of honey on it. Another chuckle offered out as a response. The older woman said nothing, hopping down from her chair with a surprisingly spry skip behind the stand.

The baker cut two generous slices from the honeyed loaf and wrapped them in a wax wrapping before tying them with a length of string. "Always such a sweet smile on that face. As long as you keep that smile, you come see me for a treat anytime Hajime." She gave him an almost adolescent pinch to the cheek before holding the package out to him. "Oh!" She turned back to a shelf behind her stand. A pre-bagged brown sack sat on the top of the shelf, quickly plucked down and handed out to Hajime. "Here. A few of the shinobi put in an order but were called away on mission before they could pick it up. You take this for Akito now, won't you? I heard he just got out of the hospital again."

"Thanks Ms. Hima, he really loves your bread, I'll make sure to tell you how he likes it." With a polite bow of his head Hajime was back down the street with the sacked breads in one hand and his own treat in the other. He glanced down to the sweet breads and sighed before tucking them into a pocket in his kimono. He figured he could share them with Kaname and Kanako, it's not like they particularly needed to eat food, at least not like most people did, still a nice treat was good. 

The road down the village brough Hajime to his home. Although he probably spent less time there than anywhere. Usually, the boy was found at the Ikebana homestead, but after his mother died the village recommended moving Hajime and Akito closer to the hospital, so they stayed in a rather spacious apartment down the road.  Hajime walked up to the second floor and when he reached the landing, he glanced to the door which read 'Ikebana A.' Almost like a stranger he tapped on the door, forgetting for a moment he did technically live there. Hajime pushed the door open to find exactly what he'd expected to find. 

The living area was a small but cleanly kept room with a small, flat table in the center. A door to the left led to the kitchen and the door on the right led to both Hajime and his father's room. The light inside had been turned off and the only light came from the window exactly across the room from where Hajime walked in. 

Hajime's father was slumped in the corner of the main living area. A bottle of sake was held in his hand and the room stank of the liquor which Hajime could tell had been spilled on the tatami flooring beside Akito. Hajime sighed through his smile before speaking softly to his father. "The doctor said no more sake. He also said you need as much time in bed as you can get." He repeated the diagnosis that had come from their last visit to the hospital. "Look, Ms. Hima wanted you to have this. She said it was left by a shinobi who had to go on mission but i think she made it special for you dad. Want me to cut you a piece bef-" Hajime had been walking towards his father when a hand reached out, snatching the breads from his hand and slamming them into the ground below them. 

Silence. It held the air for quite a few moments before Akito coughed out. ".....killed her.

Haj didn't pay attention to his words, instead he exhaled while dropping down to pick up the bread which had begun to spill out of the sack. "Look, if you wanted something else I can go down to the market. I just wanted you to eat something before I go see Kaname." His words were not met with a verbal response. A hard slap came across his face and caused his eyes to snap up at his father surprisingly. Muddy brown eyes gazed out at Hajime from his father, piercing through him, shredding him apart as if he was not his own son. Finally, the rage behind the eyes settled and Akito slumped back onto the ground, resigned. "Just...get out." He said in a voice that was barely a whisper. 

He stood up, nodding quietly with a face that looked more disappointed than anything. "After I'm done training I'll bring you some fish, ok? I know it's your favorite." Akito did not respond, and Hajime simply nodded at his father before turning his back to him. He set the breads on the table that sat in the middle of the room before making his way back out of the door. Near the door was a small table usually used to hold hats or bandanas. On the table was a small, thin booklet. Hajime smiled before muttering. "Almost forgot."

After closing the door behind him Hajime could have thought he heard sobs from within. His mind didn't recognize it for what they were, and he made his way to the road.

Pressing a hand to his reddened cheek he cursed at the tenderness he felt. "Well at least i got some sweet cakes. It's really been a good day so far." He said in his usual, cheery voice. Without another word he made his way towards the Ikebana homestead. 

last edit by Ikebana Hajime on Feb 15, 2024 13:52:13 GMT -5
xJokersGame has written 4 posts
The Seeds We Grow | PrivateFeb 16, 2024 0:25:50 GMT -5
Ikebana Kaname
Ikebana Kaname Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday rank occupation
Laying on the roof of the estate, body splayed out upon the tile shingles, Kaname basked in the sunlight. The warmth of the sun washed over the boys skin, it sunk into him, it fed the flowers within him, he could feel them moving within showing their approval. A deep inhalation of air filled the youth’s lungs as beneath his glasses his eyes were closed. With a wide mouthed yawn and stretch he sat up looking around the estate. The home was overly large for only two people, just him and Kanako stayed in what some could consider a mansion due to the size. Such was the privilege of being the clan head one assumed.

"Weren’t we supposed to meet thirty minutes ago?! HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO TAKE?!” Kaname screamed from the rooftop before leaping off onto the front porch. He landed sure-footedly before heading into the house kicking off his haphazardly at the door. He did not need to hear his sister or Fumitan scolding him for tracking dirt into the house again.

"Kanako are you awake? Haj is going to be here any minute!” The boy shouted through the home as he walked through the empty halls. This had been the twins home for the last ten years, ten years of them establishing themselves, ten years living without the ones who birthed them.

Walking past what had been a painted depiction of the family, Kaname came to a stop before looking up to the mural. Looking to the wide smiles on the faces of those who were his parents. It had been so long since he’d seen them in person that it was hard to remember their true visages, the mural was the best the academy student had.

Feeling the heavy weight of pain and loss, Kaname turned away from the mural heading to the largest room in the manor that belonged to Kanako. Knocking gently at first, Kaname waited a few seconds and when no answer came he started hammering rapidly on the door. "Will you wake up Kanako?! We’ve got training with Haj today!”
last edit by Ikebana Kaname on Feb 16, 2024 0:26:07 GMT -5
Jay has written 6 posts
The Seeds We Grow | PrivateFeb 16, 2024 1:25:16 GMT -5
Ikebana Kanako
I Bite.
Ikebana Kanako Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday rank Academy Student occupation
Delicate fingers moved carefully, one hand gently cupping a branch while the other held pruning scissors within them. Kanako had been spending the better part of her morning taking care of her Cherry Blossom Bonsai. Vibrant pink petals told how well it had been cared for as Kanako worked away at old areas that were in the way of new growth. The task was a good way to clear her mind before going out with her brother and cousin to train for the day. Sunlight filled her room, a room that had most of it's walls as glass panes, making the area look almost like a greenhouse.

When she had gotten up earlier the first thing she did was open the curtains to let the sun in, providing her with much needed nutrients that she happily feasted on for hours. Her room was her sanctuary and if she didn't have to leave it she probably would never. It was a spacious area filled with greenery, tasteful furniture in pastel and green tones, with hardwood oak floors. Over the years she carefully curated the room, making it truly her own.

When one entered the room they would be instantly put at ease, or at the very least be less tempted to cause a fuss. The subtle sweet scent of flowers filled the air and a cool breeze made sure that same air wasn't stagnant. Yes, Kanako's room was truly paradise to her, and hardly anyone but a small handful of people were allowed to enjoy it, one of which was banging on her door and yelling like a mad man now. Removing her hands from the Bonsai and placing the pruning scissors down, a light sigh escaped her lips as she pushed her chair out and stood up. She was so preoccupied with her task that she didn't realize how long she had been sitting down which caused her to take a well needed stretch.

Looking over at her bedroom door for a moment she wondered if she should open it or just tell him to come in. Her thought process didn't last too long of course as her feet carried her right to the door of her room, opening it with a smile across her face. You know we are the only two people in the house. I can in fact hear you, even before you got to my door. She remembered hearing him shouting around the house before even making it to her room, but it didn't bother her until her got to her door, when she couldn't ignore it. Anyway let's go. Leaving the room and closing the door behind her, the shorter of the twins took the lead, making her way to the agreed upon destination where the trio would train.

last edit by Ikebana Kanako on Feb 16, 2024 1:26:56 GMT -5
Neptune has written 2 posts
The Seeds We Grow | PrivateFeb 16, 2024 12:19:25 GMT -5
Ikebana Hajime
Ikebana Hajime Avatar
groupnull
Hajime let out yet another spine rattling yawn. He shook his head as tears welled in his eyes, and he tried to shock himself awake. "I need to quit staying up so late, this is ridiculous." He muttered to himself. The path he'd taken had quickly led him to the Ikebana's homestead. It was a spacious piece of property to be sure, with a lush growth of fauna and flora that could not be found anywhere else in the country. As he approached the main entrance, he spied a small flower sprouting from the rich soil below. Hajime paused to bend down and place a single finger on the soft petal. A baby blue flower with an almost silver band that flowed around the heart of the flower in an almost hypnotic pattern. As Hajime's fingers searched the flower, he could not help but smile in response. A small surge of his chakra instinctively flowed from his finger, causing the flower to stand just a bit firmer, the petals producing a rich pollen in reaction to the touch.

He hoped the doting on the flower would be enough so it would not be drowned out by the sea of much more mature flora surrounding it. Without another thought the boy turned back to the main entrance and entered the Ikebana's compound. For most of his childhood this place had been the closest to home he'd ever known, even now when he walked onto the grounds, he felt a certain safety that came with being here, a familiarity that no other place could offer.

The peace was quickly disturbed when he heard the far-off shouting of Kaname. In response Hajime closed his eyes and snorted, placing a hand over his face while he laughed at his cousin. "I'm surprised Kanako isn't deaf by now." Hajime followed Kaname's caterwauling until it brought him to the very hall where his cousins could be found. He didn't say anything, instead he leaned his shoulder against the wall. Almost the moment he did Kanako came out of her room and made her way down the hall, no doubt seeing Hajime standing with an amused look on his face. He gave them a two fingered salute before chuckling. "How do you deal with that?" He asked, obviously talking about Kaname.

Hajime chuckled before patting Kanako on the shoulder in greeting. "Come on, let's go over to the gardens." Hajime walked side by side with Kanako while glancing back to her twin. "Hey, I'm gonna spend a few nights in the compound for a bit, my old man is back in one of his slumps. I'll drop off some food and do his laundry tonight then I'll be back later, that cool?" He asked out of courtesy, he knew Kaname of all people would not turn him away. The trio made their way back outside and followed the path to the Ikebana Clans Garden. The garden itself was centered on the compound, from afar it showed itself as a lush dome covered in fauna, flowing in intricate dances across the metal wiring which supported the long flowing stalks.

Haj followed the path that led to a clear opening, with strategic windows of sunlight shining into the garden to create the Ikebana clan's symbol amidst the shadowy dome. Hajime yawned once again before moving to the sunlight area, laying down across the warm flooring with an all too pleased sigh of relief. "Maybe you two can practice and I'll take a nap, i've been exhausted all day."
last edit by Ikebana Hajime on Feb 16, 2024 12:21:25 GMT -5
The Seeds We Grow | PrivateFeb 16, 2024 19:44:55 GMT -5
Ikebana Kaname
Ikebana Kaname Avatar
groupnull
Hand raised to start another segment of rapid knocking, Kaname came to a stop hearing footsteps on the other side of the door before it slid open. Looking down at his far smaller sister the boy couldn’t help but click his tongue at her response. There was a throbbing in his neck as his vein reverberated with annoyance. The sides of his temples pulsing in rhythm. "Huh?!” Leaning forward so he was directly in Kanako’s face, Kaname’s eyes narrowed. "Well if you hear me, how about you answer? If you had just yelled back I wouldn’t have had to leave my spot!”

When she moved to walk past him, the boy turned to follow only to spot their cousin at the end of the hall waiting for them. Seeing the salute of the other Kaname returned it. "I don’t know how I deal with her! She’s so annoying and never listens to me!” An overdramatic and exasperated sigh escaped Kaname’s mouth but as he looked up he saw his other two cousins already walking and talking.

"What am I chopped liver?” The boy muttered as he trailed behind them. As they walked through the compound his eyes looked around, very few members of the clan remained in the area. It made the boy wonder what it had been like in the heyday of the Ikebana. Was it filled with life? Bustling with members of the clan going about their lives? Perhaps one day they’d have their own rebirth and be fruitful once again.

Finally entering the garden, Kaname took in a deep breath, the multiple scents of the flowers merging together offering a unique fragrance that reinvigorated the boy. Meanwhile his cousin was yawning. Sneaking up behind him, Kaname grabbed his cousins cheeks pulling.

"Can you believe this boy Kanako?! Held back and talks like he has room to nap!” Releasing his cousin's cheeks, Kaname moved past. "Come on, we're too old to still be in the academy. We’ve gotta do better, I’m ready to be a genin!”
last edit by Ikebana Kaname on Feb 16, 2024 19:46:04 GMT -5
Jay has written 6 posts
The Seeds We Grow | PrivateFeb 17, 2024 0:15:01 GMT -5
Ikebana Kanako
I Bite.
Ikebana Kanako Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday rank Academy Student occupation
Ugh. She disliked when he got down to her level like that while still towering over her. His head must have been filled with moss instead of brain matter if he was asking stupid questions like that. I'm not gonna strain my voice and yell back. You come to me and speak when you want something. As she turned from her brother to take the lead her eyes spotted their cousin and she returned his salute with a head nod and a smile. It was always good to see him, but she noticed things that made her worry for him. He could try to hide it all he wanted but the reddish coloration on his cheek that was slow to fade told a story she wanted answers to. Kanako wouldn't pry now, not in front of Kaname but eventually she would get Hajime alone.With an abundance of patience and sometimes a smack over the head when I can reach it. A light chuckle fell from her lips as she took to walking at Hajime's side answering his question that was clearly directed at her.

As the trio walked, Hajime expressed how he was staying over for the night. Kanako of course did not mind and she often told he that he did not need to ask. Their home was his home and with all the rooms and space she wouldn't dare turn away family. When Kaname didn't answer, Kanako picked up where her brother should have if his moss brain was paying any attention. Haj, you know very well you don't have to ask. This is your home as well. Stay as long as you need. If you want we'll come with you to your house, see how uncle is doing? Kanako's voice was as sweet as honey, whatever Hajime decided Kanako would respect his choice.

Eventually the three entered the gardens, as beautiful as they were the area was for the most part empty with a few clan members walking about enjoying the day. The Ikebana gardens were so beautiful, breathtaking even that entering them gave Kanako a surge of energy. Oh leave him be. Let him rest a little. He won't be much use during training if he's exhausted. Besides, we'll have him for a few days, we can always get him up and training later in the day or tonight. Walking over to the two she would attempt to shoo her brother away from Hajime, shooting seeds from her fingertips at her brother's face in order to attract his attention on her. Let's not even talk about him being held back when you were barely making it. A sickly sweet smiled spread over her face as she reminded him of his time slacking at the academy and her time making sure he didn't slack too hard that he was left behind. Since you are so eager, take the lead.
last edit by Ikebana Kanako on Feb 17, 2024 0:16:51 GMT -5
Neptune has written 2 posts
The Seeds We Grow | PrivateFeb 17, 2024 0:46:35 GMT -5
Ikebana Hajime
Ikebana Hajime Avatar
groupnull
The banter between the twins was a constant and something Hajime could not help but find amusement in. As they walked down the hall, he listened to Kanako's words and chuckled a bit. At least she had offered up a verbal response, still Haj simply chalked it up to Kaname being lost within the playground that was his mind. When she mentioned coming to visit Hajime's father he did offer a slight shrug in response. "Trust me, you don't have to. The old man can be a bit of a drag...but maybe he could benefit from some company. I don't know it just seems like every week he's a little worse than the last." Hajime said no more on the topic as they approached the garden, obviously no longer wishing to speak about it.

While Hajime laid against the warm ground he quickly found himself assailed by his cousin, Kaname. He let out an irritated yell as the boy pinched his cheeks, pulling at them as if he was stretching a band. Haj swatted at him, but before he had to say anything Kanako came to his defense. Still, the damage had been done and what peace he'd managed to acquire had been spoiled by his cousin's antics. "Oh don't bother, I'm awake now. Let's just get to it." He said before looking to Kaname.

"You wanted to work on controlling our chakra right? There's no better place than the gardens. I remember my father used to tell me that the plants that grow in this garden, the ones planted by our ancestors, will respond to our chakra. I'm not really sure how but maybe we can start from there?" He asked.

last edit by Ikebana Hajime on Feb 17, 2024 0:48:18 GMT -5
The Seeds We Grow | PrivateFeb 17, 2024 2:49:31 GMT -5
Ikebana Kaname
Ikebana Kaname Avatar
groupnull
In the midst of tormenting his cousin, Kaname felt seeds peppering his skin, stings accompany each. Raising his arms to protect his face the boy yelped. "Ouch, stop! Stop it Kanako!” The barrage being enough to push the boy a few feet away from Hajime.

"Gah! There’s seeds all in my hair now Kanako! Do you know how hard it is to get them out?” Picking into his hair gingerly, Kaname began retrieving a seed at a time out of the vibrant hair. Though a few strands did come loose making him wince.

Rolling his eyes at the chiding of his sister, Kaname turned to Kanako. "Why are you always babying him?! He does the same thing to me all the time!” Though as Kanako brought up his own grades, Kaname could feel his cheeks warm. The dark skin slightly reddening as he crossed his arms, jaw tight. "You said you weren’t going to bring that up again.”

Looking between the two, despite being the same age in the same grade as them, Kaname felt just a tad bit like the other two had more of an understanding. It didn’t matter, what did matter is that they needed to begin the process of learning to control their chakra to better control their abilities and the clan jutsu.

Between the two of them tag teaming him, Kaname didn't know what to do or say. He didn’t have the first clue where to start with actual chakra control training. "You told me to lead, but as you pointed out I was almost held back too. Why don’t you take the lead Kanako? Aren’t you aiming to be top of the class? Time to prove it.”
Jay has written 6 posts