Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Something about Kage

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Finding a balance between work and personal reflection was often a challenge when you had the amount of babysitting, management and responsibility of a Jounin. While she imagined others having it far worst, she didn't think it was much of a tie when it came to her own life being part of the militia. Even as a Commander, free time was a luxury that could just as easily be taken away upon the slightest event or mishap. Though complaints aside, she'd find some joy in the moments that she did have to herself, which came in meditation.

Or rather...it came with a sense of meditation...

Arashi had been working on developing her own skills in communing with Shukaku, and while the two had come to terms with their arrangement over the years, there were still moments where they found themselves at odds. It was a constant battle, but it was less about strength and influence, and more so with living arrangements.

Much like a roommate who happened to forget to close the door upon entering, the two had infighting within their mindscape, but it never was allowed to flow over into the outside world. That was the point...

Yet when they weren't at each others throats, they just discussed the mundane events. These brief interactions allowed for that common ground, and it gave them the understanding that each one of them needed.

So no thoughts of children? I'd imagine that you'd be choppin at the bit to get to that...

Except when it came to this...

I'm not talkin bout this...

What? Modest bout somethin?

Ya tryin to get me to talk about somethin else...I ain't goin for the bait...

Sitting within her living space, Arashi would continue to focus within the mindscape, looking around her as she checked for any sign of possible cracking. In truth, there had not been an incident in some time, which was good considering. Still, it never hurt to be sure that her Seal was still in tact and that she wasn't losing it.

Granted, the changes that occurred in such events were obvious if ya knew where to look. Her hair, facial features, even her eyes.

So far, the only notable change to her would have been her eyes having a more golden hue to them now. But that was minor compared to what could happen.

Fine...Thoughts on the new Kage....whats your take on em? It's clear ya don't like them...

I barely know em....

As she rose upright, her eyes would scan the area once more. An apartment was a far cry from the manor, but it was space enough for her and the pack. With the dogs now outside, she was left to her own devices in focusing on her own matters as she began to move toward a shelf to retrieve a book from it.

Clearly something about them bugs you...

Yea...but it ain't that I don't like them...

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Feb 24, 2024 3:28:56 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,683 posts
Something about Kage[O/Training]Feb 24, 2024 3:53:54 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Something about Kage

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

To not like someone, there had to be a reason to create the disagreement right? In the case of Lord Kiyoshi, there had been few things that had really triggered her to give such a description of their relationship thus far. If anything, he seemed like a decent person. He was at the very least dedicated towards trying to create a better future for Sunagakure and life easier for those within it. It was no different from any other promise made by a village leader, so what reason was there to cause her to feel differently to him next to someone like her father?

Looking over the book cover, Arashi would place herself upon the floor, legs crossed over each other as she began to tip the book to the side. From there, a pouch would fall out from within it, prompting her to catch it as she held it within her hands.

Auramite....Still enough that she kept it, but was limited in using it due to not only the rarity of it, but the fact that she had not fully learned to control it. Of course, that didn't mean that she couldn't.

It also helped as a good medium, allow her thoughts to be more focused as it gave her a task.

Not that it helped that Shukaku was in her ear....

Yet...there is still tension...why do you suppose that is?

I can provide a list if ya that curious...

Extending her hand out, she'd set the gold dust down in front of her after opening it's top, causing the particles to rise upward as they drifted from one side to the next.

One....he is essentially a stranger to me and he has my kill switch....that makes him dangerous enough to warrant caution and yet he hasn't made any mention of it...meaning he either feels it's unrequired and doesn't see me as a threat...or he doesn't know...which I doubt....

With the small cloud starting to expand, Arashi would concentrate further on shaping it.

Two....A retired shinobi does not simply get put into power based on just name alone....if it were that simple, half the people in power would be vets..and they ain't...what makes him so special that they called him back to active duty?

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Something about Kage[O/Training]Feb 29, 2024 3:35:44 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Something about Kage

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

As Arashi looked back toward the book, she'd note the depictions upon the page and focus on trying to mimic it within her actions. Her hand movements were fluid, but she knew that it could be better. Commanding the element of sand had become almost second habit for her, much like one would do in conducting a musical band. Still, she wanted to get to the point where it was more or less a snap activation. Something that came about with just a flick of her wrist or even the slightest gesture of her finger.

Hand waving made it too apparent and she'd seen just how giving even a slight bit of movement could trigger an individual into an instant attack. Which, could leave her open.

Maybe its because he isn't special that they took him on....that and he was previously a shinobi...

Yea...a guy who left the village to follow investments...follow his lead and I'm sure we'll profit from it...

There was sense of bitterness in her tone, yet she managed to relax upon realizing the state of the Auramite in reacting to her emotions.

Why do you even care? You spent months lamenting how ya would never want to be Kazekage because ya didn't feel ready for it....

I don't care about the title...but I do care about the person runnin things...lets face it...I'll be lucky if I live long enough to see just how fucked we are if his plan doesn't work...worst...I'll be used as the first weapon on the line when it doesn't...and then die because I have to fix it...

As she spoke, she'd rotate her hand to allow for the flat of her palm to be shown, prompting the gold dust to move slowly in it's direction.

That ain't the only thing bugging you...clearly your pissy because your dad didn't tell you he was retiring...

I'm not bein pissy....I was supposed to be his second....he should have trusted me enough to tell me what he was doing...but once again...he didn't...

There was more truth to that statement than Arashi wanted to admit.

After all, her father was known for keeping a lot from her, and just when it felt like they were getting to a new place in their relationship...one that could be based on trust, he showed that he didn't.

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Something about Kage[O/Training]Mar 1, 2024 1:33:39 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Something about Kage

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Though deep inside herself, Arashi was more than aware of just what it was that infuriated her about Kiyoshi. It wasn't so simple as the fact that he came from a line of Kage, that was an easy fault and one that she shared as much as he did. It wasn't even the fact that he was a retired shinobi that left and made his fortune. Who could blame someone for following their dreams? Hell, if she didn't feel so responsible for so many people in her life, she might consider doing the same thing.

Taking the actual thought of just doing what she wanted in life seriously wasn't so easy as her picking up sticks and leaving. That much, she was aware of. There was enough here to keep her busy and even if she was left out of the loop from time to time, it didn't make her work load any less.

No...the reason she resented the man...was because at the end of the day....he took her job...

Hmph...I thought you hated such a thought? You spent months going back and forth on the matter...

I do...but what the hell was all my training? I just always assumed that when Dad was done...I'd be the next one up...

With her hand wavering within the air, she'd swipe it to the right as she looked down toward the page, single-handedly moving the Auramite while also reading and talking mentally to her demonic companion.

I mean...I spent my entire life here...I work hard...I try and stay driven toward what is good for everyone...so what is it that I'm missing?

Narrowing her eyes, she'd then release a breath before then looking back to the book.

I just don't like the fact that its that I'm not good enough...and I don't like it any less that I don't have any answers either...

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Something about Kage[O/Training]Mar 1, 2024 3:09:43 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Something about Kage

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

It was conflicting because on the one hand, Arashi had always felt at least confident in the fact that while she was one of many strong shinobi within the village, when it came down to progress, she was on the top of the list. Still, there was now this individual that seemed to have something that she was lacking and she didn't know what that was. Optimism maybe?

At the end of the day, it was both something that she hated, but also a small part relished. After all, it meant that there was someone in which she could find herself capable of measuring up to...

Her father and mother had always been pillars to which she had strived to replicate. Hell, even Sumiye held some part in the formation of the kind of person Arashi wished to be. Though she knew that at any rate, she'd always be herself, something that she was fine with. But she knew that she could be better.

So it seemed that she at least had a goal in mind....one that was present, but not reachable...because someone was in her way...

Chances are he'll die of old age before I do...

Humans live short lives...

So will I right?

At the very least you'll grow grey hair...recall that Bunpuki lived until he was 99 years old...

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Something about Kage[O/Training]Mar 1, 2024 8:50:41 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Something about Kage

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Yea...I had been meaning to ask about that...

You're wondering if you will live that long?

It was a interesting question as she had not met a single Jinchuuriki that had managed such at feat. Not living anyway. The question of just how long a Jinchuuriki could exist was an interesting one and did lead to just how much of an extended life one could live while holding the essence of a Tailed beast. Though she was hopeful, the young woman wasn't going to allow her disillusions to cloud her perspective of the truth.

I could tell you that you will likely reach a similar age to that of Bunpaku...but the truth of the matter is while he sparingly relied on Demonic Chakara, you are more prone to doing so than he was. Along with the time he spent in isolation, it is likely that his longevity was deeply connected to such a lifestyle....that being said...

Look I know I'm not immortal or anythin...just how long would your guess be?

In seemingly more invested in this, Arashi's eyes would shift away from the book briefly, glancing at the golden dust as it fluttered by and then stopped as her answer was given.

What?

The young female would allow the Auramite to remain in mid-motion, prompting her to hold a blank expression as she glanced at the book once more, then seeming to flip through the pages as she seemed almost in search of something. Still, it was likely she was trying to distract herself as if she had not even heard anything at all...

There is a reason why villages choose to use younger vessels. Along with the idea of easy manipulation and chakra balance, it also allows for a far more beneficial time in which one live with Demonic Chakra. This is only my guess...but with the many alterations that have been impacted upon your seal, it is likely that your body will eventually fail in it's ability to house me...

Right...its just a theory...doesn't make it fact...

In mid-page turn, Arashi thought for a moment as she then allowed herself a chance to process this.

45....and I'm 22....23 years....

It is only a guess....and humans all eventually die...

Yea I know...I know....still...in the off-chance that ya right....then...

Then there was likely no way she'd ever be Kage...not in her lifetime anyway...

"Not like I can stop now...even if I did...we're connected now...your chakra is my chakra..."
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Something about Kage[O/Training]Mar 3, 2024 7:44:46 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Something about Kage

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Being told that the thing that added value to your abilities was a death sentence had not been a matter that Arashi was taking lightly. She had no illusions on her ableness, only that time was once again a consequence and a curse. It would be easy to panic, to attempt to bargain or deny it. After all, it was just a theory. It was possible that she could very well outlive even Bunpukai. Still, there was no ignoring the effects that Shukaku had made on her physically.

She certainly wasn't born with golden eyes...and if history had shown her anything, a lack of control could completely transform her.

If the demonic chakra was indeed slowly killing her, and usage of it only increased it's effects, the natural response would be to stop completely or to limit it.

Though it wasn't as easy as just no longer accessing such a deposit.

She and Shukaku were indeed one now. It was different from before and it wasn't as if one side could just stop existing outside of the other. While the effects certainly made her more attune to them, it also made it as that separation was never going to be an option. Not willingly anyway.

Not to mention that doing so would simply kill her and cause Shukaku to just become nothing more than an essence of their former self.

The only real path now was simply to live in the moment and usage the theoretical time scale as a bar for her to surpass as best she could...

All the more reason she intended to be Kazekage....
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS