[nospaces]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700,700i|Open+Sans:400,400i,700]

[newclass=.aangelonfire] --aofAccent:#2A2E83; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofSidebar img] animation-play-state:running!important;[/newclass]

[attr="class","aangelonfire"]
[attr="class","aaofSidebar"]

tag

[attr="class","aaofBody"]

Being assigned to a genin team was certainly something Masato was unsure about doing as he certainly didn't have much of a teaching bone in his body, but he was willing to tackle the challenge as needed. First thing first was he needed to meet his new students and get to know them on a personal level and to do that he needed individual one-on-one lessons with them. So the first one he reached out to was a boy by the name of Takehara Oriko from his file he was a genjutsu and medical user certainly not techniques he was the most well-versed in being more of a ninjutsu user himself, but he was certain he could still help the young boy out.[break][break]

So he would send an invitation for a private lesson in a training yard near the Maboroshi compound later in the day. A short notice note but it was a test to see how attentive they would be to their mail and see if they would be adamant about learning. After all a good shinobi was one who when getting word of a mission was on the move as soon as it arrived. So it was a small test of course, but he was certain the young boy would be able to pass this simple exercise.

and some notes go here! they autoexpand. so go wild, mon frere.

[attr="class","aaofCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.aangelonfire] width:575px; border-radius:5px; background-color:#5D5C5F; overflow:hidden; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofSidebar] width:200px; background-color:#5D5C5F; background-color:var(--aofAccent); display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofSidebar img] width:100px; height:100px; position:absolute; z-index:1; padding:5px; background-color:#fafafa; border:10px solid #5D5C5F; border-radius:100%; animation: aofpulse 5s infinite; animation-play-state:paused; } @keyframes aofpulse { 0% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); } 50% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); } 100% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); }[/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofSidebar div:last-child] display:block; width:190px; overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; text-align:left; position:absolute; bottom:-5px; left:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofSidebar div:last-child a] font:700 30px/25px montserrat; font-style:italic; text-transform:lowercase; color:#fafafa!important; text-shadow:-1px -1px 0 #333, 1px -1px 0 #333, -1px 1px 0 #333, 1px 1px 0 #333; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofSidebar:before] content:''; position:absolute; width:100%; height:500px; bottom:0px; left:0px; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKJPjnt/aaH0o6X.png); opacity:.15; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofBody] width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofBody b] font:700 10px montserrat; color:var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofBody i] color:#fff; border-bottom:1px solid var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofBody div:first-child] width:272px; min-height:125px; margin:25px 25px 0px 25px; padding:0px 25px; border-left:1px solid #ddd; border-right:1px solid #ddd; font:400 10px open sans; text-align:justify; color:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofBody div:last-child] width:325px; text-align:justify; font:400 10px open sans; color:#fff; padding:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofCredit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:500px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofCredit a] font:bold 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]
Elumenate has written 4 posts
For Forever [Oriko]Feb 21, 2024 11:18:31 GMT -5
oriko
"Why struggle against death? It comes for everyone."
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday June 16th, 1005 rank Adv. Genin occupation
Oriko arrives quickly to the training yard, his eyes darting to and fro as he searches for this somewhat legendary shinobi that had been made his sensei. Granted, he'd never had to perform any medical work on this Masato person, but that was likely a good sign of his defensive capabilities, something that would be very helpful when one has to deal with low-ranking Genin who may have to work in the field. Oriko himself looks rather frail, considering his very short size and the fact that most of his body is covered in a biotech skin-tight suit, including a set of plastic-like plates over his chest. The gold irises of his eyes and the bright blue of his hair were likely the most striking features, as the lower half of his face was covered in a gas mask, though it was without anything more than its built-in filter that did no more than close off his mouth from drinking in water or sucking in insects, and his ears were covered in a headset linked into his wireless radio.

Despite his short body, he had quite a few bags on his person, including a weapon pouch and a medic bag on each side of his waist, although he also had his waist sash that included a scabbard, although the sheathe was short enough that it might not likely be his main method of combat.

Finally, he sees a man that looks old enough to be his sensei, and he moves quite quickly towards the blue-haired shinobi. Though their difference in height wasn't particularly great, Oriko certainly had a youthful appearance; the medics told him that he would likely always remain rather young-looking, as the burns that covered most of his body had stunted his growth. When he speaks, his words are filtered through the gas mask, causing it to buzz slightly whenever he breathes in, as well as making his voice sound rather more robotic, though his eyes were clearly human.

"Skrrrk. I take it you're the one called 'Maboroshi Masato'? Skrrrk. I'm Takehara Oriko, your newest student. Skrk... What will we be learning today?"
Babs has written 36 posts
For Forever [Oriko]Mar 10, 2024 21:29:58 GMT -5
Maboroshi Masato
"Protect knowledge to further history"
Maboroshi Masato Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age birthday rank Jounin occupation
[nospaces]

tag

Masato would have to wait too long for his first student would appear his bright blue hair and golden eyes were as striking as the report on the boy he was given said. It was kind of an eyesore if Masato was honest and unbefitting for a shinobi, but that wasn't the point of this lesson so it wasn't something he was gonna bring up. No today was going to be a specialized lesson for this boy to improve upon and if the report he was given was accurate he was certain the child would at least enjoy the lesson Masato had prepared for him.[break][break]

"Good morning Takehira-kun," Masato would say flately his face giving a rather plain and emotionless expression to it. His features despite being sharp often made him seem cold, especially with how he spoke so he may not have come off friendly with his words. "To put things simply the information I have been given on your abilities points to you being skilled in genjutsu," Masato would start off the conversation figuring it was best to get this training exercise started quickly. [break][break]

"So we are going to expand on this specialization, but teaching you some techniques to improve upon your genjutsu skill set," Masato would begin pacing around Oriko almost examining him from head to toe. "One of the most important things for someone who uses genjutsu is keeping their opponent in their trance to keep an advantage over them, as such I want you to be able to surprise them with multiple genjutsu. This can be done in two ways by layering the genjutsu or by lingering it." Once he made a full circle around Oriko he would stop and look at the boy with a rather stern look.[break][break]

"Today, in particular, I shall teach you how to cause a genjutsu to linger," Masato would say sharply as he continued, "This is done by placing two genjutsu on the opponent, but not before the first genjutsu is already activated on their opponent. Once they are ensnared one can place a second genjutsu on them that will hide in waiting for the first one to be displaced or removed before activating itself on the target." After these words, Masato would turn away and begin walking a short distance away before adding, "This requires immense chakra control, but from what I have gathered you should be able to do such a thing. While I much prefer doing things in a theoretical approach I know my methods aren't to people's strong points as such we shall take a practical exercise to this training." Taking a stance to defend against any genjutsu the child would cast Masato would give a glare before saying, "You shall be placing me under any genjutsu of your choice as I'm certain I can break out of anything you have in your arsenal so show me what you got." While it didn't show on his face Masato was very interested to see just what he was working with in Oriko's abilities.

[newclass=.aangelonfire] width:575px; border-radius:5px; background-color:#5D5C5F; overflow:hidden; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofSidebar] width:200px; background-color:#5D5C5F; background-color:var(--aofAccent); display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofSidebar img] width:100px; height:100px; position:absolute; z-index:1; padding:5px; background-color:#fafafa; border:10px solid #5D5C5F; border-radius:100%; animation: aofpulse 5s infinite; animation-play-state:paused; } @keyframes aofpulse { 0% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); } 50% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); } 100% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); }[/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofSidebar div:last-child] display:block; width:190px; overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; text-align:left; position:absolute; bottom:-5px; left:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofSidebar div:last-child a] font:700 30px/25px montserrat; font-style:italic; text-transform:lowercase; color:#fafafa!important; text-shadow:-1px -1px 0 #333, 1px -1px 0 #333, -1px 1px 0 #333, 1px 1px 0 #333; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofSidebar:before] content:''; position:absolute; width:100%; height:100%; bottom:0px; left:0px; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKJPjnt/aaH0o6X.png); opacity:.15; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofBody b] font:700 10px montserrat; color:var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofBody i] color:#fff; border-bottom:1px solid var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofBody div:first-child] width:272px; min-height:125px; margin:25px 25px 0px 25px; padding:0px 25px; border-left:1px solid #ddd; border-right:1px solid #ddd; font:400 10px open sans; text-align:justify; color:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aaofBody div:last-child] width:325px; text-align:justify; font:400 10px open sans; color:#fff; padding:25px; [/newclass]
last edit by Maboroshi Masato on Mar 10, 2024 21:39:09 GMT -5
For Forever [Oriko]Mar 11, 2024 14:09:19 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko frowns a little when he's called by his last name, and mispronounced as well. Still, he barely shows a very vigorous response and doesn't offer a correction. After all, being that the Takehara didn't even have any Hiden techniques of their own, it wasn't like the clan had much of a serious brand beyond their natural intellect. At the very least, this new teacher seems aware of what he can do as far as his specialization is concerned. Granted, he'd mostly used Genjutsu to avoid fights for the most part, and occasionally to quiet patients or knock them out over time for them to receive necessary surgery or for a painful procedure. He'd been told he was a natural at it, and he somewhat blamed his capability with Genjutsu for him being told that he had to go and join a Genin team instead of staying part of the medical corps.

He allows the older man to circle around him, although he had to admit that it made him a bit uncomfortable for him to look him over like a test subject. Oriko wonders for a moment if his patients had ever felt like this when he was running his eyes over them, and his yellow irises turn to gaze up at Masato as he explains the concept of making Genjutsu linger, but it's clear that despite his intellect, he's not really understanding the process. Not that one could blame Oriko all that much; most of his knowledge up to this point had been reserved for medical training and knowledge, as he'd been focused so intently on following in his father's own footsteps. For now, he had very little idea about how one would even be able to make two Genjutsu at once, but he figures the best way to start is to at least try first. He also decides to start with a couple of D-rank Genjutsu. At least this way, even if he fails completely, he won't be using up too much chakra and will be able to practice far more than if he tries with more complex and more draining Genjutsu.

He looks directly at Masato, forming hand seals, though he doesn't need them to perform this particular Genjutsu, one that was only really meant to obscure oneself through an illusion of fog. It was aptly named-

"Skrrrk. Continuous Fog Technique!"

Fog seems to rise from the waters around them, and for anyone who'd heard him call out the name of the jutsu, it would appear to become thicker and thicker, obscuring his form from direct view. This would, of course, make any Genjutsu that required sight for its activation much more difficult, but Oriko didn't really need it for the other Genjutsu he was attempting to use...

"Ugh. Skrk... Well, I hate to waste any of my explosives..."

Despite his focus on trying to maintain the fog technique in addition to using his next one, he winces as the fog clearly disappears from Masato's view, though now he might see an explosive note appearing occasionally in his peripheral view instead.

"Damn..."

NAME: Keizokuteki Enmu no Jutsu [Continuous Fog Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Low | To Maintain: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0
TRIGGER: Auditory
DESCRIPTION:
Developed as a genjutsu version of the hidden mist technique it allows for the same effects as the ninjutsu version with much less chakra utilized. The target seeing a thick fog or mist rising up to obscure their vision and even their hearing. Less experienced users of genjutsu usually leave it at this, but more experienced practitioners will add in the proper smells and even the damp feel of the fog to the target(s) senses. The technique is triggered by the user saying the techniques name; although they'll often render a handseal or two as well to make the target(s) believe it is actually a ninjutsu.

NAME: Hōmatsu Jokei [Ephemeral Sight]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Very Low | To Maintain: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0
TRIGGER: Auditory
DESCRIPTION:
Hōmatsu Jokei is an extremely simple Genjutsu that affects perception. Hōmatsu Jōkei Upon hearing the words "explosive" the target will begin to randomly begin noticing the traditional explosive tag in various places around their peripheral vision. The moment they focus on that spot, it is gone. This is only an applicable technique for those with ground around them for a feasible tag to be placed on, meaning those in the air will be free from the technique's torment. The point of the Genjutsu is to put the target in a sense of paranoia, and to focus on possible danger rather than the actual danger.
For Forever [Oriko]Apr 12, 2024 11:30:53 GMT -5
Maboroshi Masato
Maboroshi Masato Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
[nospaces]

tag

He expected as much would happen. Genjutsu much like medical jutsu was very precise and at times fragile in how they interacted with other jutsu so the fact the two illusions decided not to work as intended was expected. The first illusion came on just fine making it very difficult to see as a dense fog would appear obscuring Masato's vision, but it wouldn't last long as when Oriko gave the trigger for the next genjutsu the two didn't interact correctly. This would cause the fog to dissipate and instead be replaced by what one could describe as explosive notes appearing in the corners of Masato's eyes. "Kai!" Masato would say dispelling the genjutsu quite easily. [break][break]

"Not a bad first try," Masato would say lowering his hand before adding, "so don't be discouraged about not getting it right on the first try." Looking at the boy Masato could feel the frustration emitting from him or at least that's what he saw he could have been totally off base on that. In an attempt to try and cheer Oriko up, he also began speaking from a theoretical standpoint on the whole lingering and layered genjutsu concepts. [break][break]

"I find the two, layered and lingering, named incorrectly as layered is more of a weaving of genjutsu skills together to cover multiple senses while lingering feels more like a blanket covering the body," Masato would say letting Oriko time to recoup from his first attempt at the technique. "Might be best to try and visualize it as a blanket or even think about it as guerilla warfare if you know anything about fighting tactics," Masato would add to give more insight, "pouncing in and out of the brush waiting for the opponent to release their first jutsu to put another on them and keep them subdued."

[newclass=.aaofSidebar:before] content:''; position:absolute; width:100%; height:100%; bottom:0px; left:0px; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKJPjnt/aaH0o6X.png); opacity:.15; [/newclass]
For Forever [Oriko]Apr 12, 2024 12:07:51 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Unfortunately, Oriko knows very little about fighting tactics, but blankets are something he's much more familiar with. Covering the body with one blanket might only get half of it covered, but using two can completely cover somebody where one blanket only covers part of them. That said, the guerilla warfare description does still make sense to the medic ninja. But he seems to be having a bit of a different struggle when it comes to using this type of skill, especially since he's rarely used Genjutsu in combat, and certainly has never tried using multiple at the same time. He does his best to explain it, failing to find the right words for a few moments in his frustration, then thinking silently for a moment before he finally comes to a description he can use.

"It's... Skrk. It's more like... Skrk. Ah. Skrrrrk. It's not so much the difficulty in understanding the concept. Er, rather, I did have some trouble understanding it, but the real problem I'm having at the moment is... Skrk. It's like trying to pat myself on the head and rub my stomach at the same time."

Oriko tries to demonstrate, fails by having both hands engage in the rotating movement of his left hand rubbing his belly, then, with more focus, somewhat haltingly making one hand pat his head and the other circle his tummy. Gradually, it becomes easier, but he stops before it gets to that point; it had only been a demonstration, anyway.

"It's like that. Skrrk. Trying to get my brain to concentrate on doing two very different things at the same time is a bit... odd. Skrrrk. So that's what I'm struggling with for now, but I think, like with the patting the head and rubbing the stomach trick, I just have to keep trying and my brain will learn to focus on doing both at once..."

He hopes his explanation makes sense, but he's not entirely certain it does. He's never been very good at explaining his meanings, but he looks up at the older man with hopeful eyes, willing him to understand his confusion.
For Forever [Oriko]Apr 22, 2024 15:58:49 GMT -5
Maboroshi Masato
Maboroshi Masato Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
[nospaces]

tag

His point of description made a whole lot of sense and while not as eloquent as some tomes or scrolls would have put it if that's how Oriko understood it that's all that mattered. Finding how things worked within your limits was a very sound way of learning and while it wasn't the way Masato himself learned if it helped Oriko he was willing to go along with the notion. [break][break]

"Very well said," Masato would say trying to give Oriko a sense of pride in his way of thinking, "Yes looking at using the two genjutsu in conjunction with each other as two separate movements is a way of looking at it." He would give Oriko and small clap in approval as he continued, "You can even use movement devices to help you understand how to go about this. Like using a mnemonic device to get a feel of how to use both jutsu. Like if a genjutsu requires you to whistle one could focus their eyes towards their nose like a focal point while if another requires you to form a hand seal you could scrunch your toes up to try and create a rhythm of how the two work together. It might not be the most effective right away, but it could help with the focusing aspect of it then once you can do the two together you can slowly learn to drop the habits that lead to it." His possible explanation might have been a bit winded in explanation, but that was mostly because of how excited Masato was becoming with how Oirko was going about learning the technique.

For Forever [Oriko]Apr 23, 2024 9:20:36 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko at least feels somewhat proud of himself for having discovered at least one of his road blocks in learning to use two Genjutsu in a nearly simultaneous fashion. While he can easily enough parse Masato's statements about using mnemonic devices in order to use body motions to better learn how to function two Genjutsu together, the idea is somewhat lost on him. It sounds a bit like a solution to a problem Oriko hasn't actually put forward, but he decides that his teacher is likely to better understand the issues he's facing than he himself is; Masato has the experience above Oriko's own understanding of the style of this particular art, after all. He though the could also sense a bit of excitement in Masato's explanation, perhaps glad that the training is at least seeing some progress. Oriko himself is feeling a bit more excited at the idea of using two Genjutsu as well.

He thinks through the Genjutsu he knows of already, wondering if there are any other combinations that might work well enough together. Perhaps the Continuous Fog technique combined with the Drowning Descent technique? That way, the other person wouldn't be able to really see him perform the handseals, which could make it more difficult for them to be tipped off to what he's doing. That could be far more effective in ensuring that someone doesn't realize they're trapped in a Genjutsu and not simply experiencing a real terror of being dragged underwater to drown. Masato hasn't started that he's ready to continue the lesson, though, so he holds off on trying this particular experiment, but one can tell from looking at his golden yellow eyes that his gears are turning in his mind, thinking up more convoluted combinations for Genjutsu, although he's also thinking of ways he might be able to use his medical training as well. That's something for another time, though.