Getting Crass in the Mountain Pass

compose a reply
Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 8, 2024 8:34:34 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 37 years old birthday January 7 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team 3 Leader
Bandits. Bandits were always a thing in the busy lanes of trade, travel, or other avenues, and it seemed with the Chuunin Exams ongoing, even now, there were nuisances that would plague the peace and prosperity of the realm. Of course there were. With a small sigh, Tetsumaki Shirai finds herself taking one of the genin of Kumo with her on the venture for some field experience. Though she could have fairly easily dealt with the mission herself, she felt there was a sense of sweetness perhaps in being entrusted with the growth of others. That was just the kind of woman she was really, though she found herself gradually looking towards other tasks too.

Meeting along the road outside Akazaya proper, she tilts her head and cracks her neck with a somewhat abrupt crack. "Hey there kid." She says rather nonchalant and relaxed. "We've got a mission to deal with some bandits as you probably noticed...Ideally to bring their leader back. Alive." She says nodding her head. "Stick close to me. Follow my lead. And tell me a little bit about yourself. My name is Tetsumaki Shirai." Beginning to move at a leisurely pace, she didn't seem particularly nervous about the traversal. Instead, she seemed more interested in her charge.

"Scythe huh?...Know any jutsu for it? Or is that just for show?" 
dandead10#5303 has written 70 posts
Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 8, 2024 11:19:40 GMT -5
risi
A crow pretends to be a cormorant and dives.
risi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 19 years old birthday October 31st 1003 rank Adv. Genin occupation

Risi finds himself on another mission with another kunoichi that's a bit higher than his own rank, although he's personally never heard of Shirai Tetsumaki before. The clan is at least known to the Kyuumu family, and he remembers that there was something about the fact that physical combat did not work particularly well against them, and that it had something to do with their bodies being able to change to a different form in some way, although they were light on details; it didn't help that post-war, the Tetsumaki clan had become rather light as far as numbers went. How exactly their abilities functioned were also completely unknown to the Kyuumu, which made sense for most clans. As the Kyuumu clan held its own secrets, so too did the other clans of Kumogakure, and all the Kyuumu were able to glean were the same kinds of information that was somewhat common knowledge for most Kumo shinobi.

The mission is straightforward, at least. As long as there have been laborers, villagers, and traders, there have been those willing to steal what the others have. It was a bit more fun to try and bring in the bandit leader alive, something that he was somewhat more capable of with his own specific skill set. He's wearing his more usual attire, which might look somewhat odd, especially as he carries around his deadly scythe weapon. He'd had at least some training with it to be able to defend himself, but more training was always good to have, even if he normally only used it as a tool for his Genjutsu techniques. As for the clothing itself, he was wearing his usual black waistcoat and sleeveless white shirt with a frilly cravat, with a black mantle over his upper arms. The skirt he wore was, at the moment, buttoned up along his left leg, though he'd be able to open the skirt all the way up to his hip with a quick shake of the clothing with his fingerless-gloved hands. The black top hat on his head is likely the most odd part of his outfit, though it had the Kumogakure headband acting as a hatband. His luxurious straight black hair falls over his back and shoulders, straight and flat and contrasting with his porcelain pale skin.

He gives Shirai a bit of a smile when she tells him to talk about himself, and brings up the scythe as he follows at her own leisurely pace. He was interested in what she could do as well, but he withholds his curiosity for now; since she was the higher ranking of the two, it made sense for her to ask after his capabilities first. He uses his more ditzy voice when he answers her, a tone that masks his real self enough that nobody thinks he's a serious threat.

"I'm Kyuumu Risi. This little thing is sometimes for style and sometimes for substance. I do know... some jutsu for it, but I'm a master of deception first and foremost!~ I'm much better at Genjutsu than I am with the scythe, though."

Risi gives the Jounin he's going on this mission with a little wink as he twirls the scythe a little, passing it back and forth around himself, managing to avoid causing any damage to himself despite the unwieldy appearance of such a large glaive.

coded by pinn @ thq
Babs has written 87 posts
Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 8, 2024 11:52:20 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 37 years old birthday January 7 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team 3 Leader
Charming little thing they were. "I like your sense of fashion." Though, she wasn't sure if maybe going sleeveless was the best choice of clothing for most in these kinds of missions. She wasn't one to talk though, granted, she had an ability that allowed her to negate weaknesses of most physical assaults. Her skin tight suit was a distracting thing to some opponents perhaps. People didn't like to hurt attractive things, more often than not. Maybe that was the angle Risi was going for? A slight thought as they continue the path.

"Genjutsu huh?...Not exactly my area of expertise. I specialize in ninjutsu, and taijutsu. Nintaijutsu." She says, rubbing the back of their head. As they move along the narrow pass, she finds herself straightening her posture, she didn't know what to make of this young Genin of hers. "If that's the case, let me set the formation. I'll take the front and main line. And you act as sweep cleanup and support. According to the mission file, other than the bandit leader, there's no use for any other prisoners. So. Feel free to do with that information as you wish."

With that said, she went over just about all of the information she felt like was going to be relevant. However, she did take the liberty to ask. "Any questions?"

Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 8, 2024 12:27:34 GMT -5
risi
risi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

Risi nods along with her plan of attack; since they really only needed the bandit leader, and the other bandits would make the job of capturing him exponentially more difficult than the job of stopping and incapacitating the leader alone, it made sense to eliminate the other vagabonds before they focus down on their leader. It also made complete sense for the more physical and directly damaging member of the duo to be the frontline and assault, while he was relegated to take care of cleaning up any of the others and supporting his temporary teammate. He couldn't think of any fault with this plan, so he thought he should say so.

"Nope!~ Seems pretty straightforward to me. Do you want me to do a little bit of reconnaissance before we get too close to them? You'd be surprised how little people consider the most common birds..."

Risi smiles after he says this, then turns to one of a few crows in a rather sparse tree, speaking directly to one that has similar red eyes as his own, telling it with authority to fly ahead and look for any group of humans. He watches as the crow flies up off of its perch, then starts flying higher, somewhat following the mountain path. As it flies, Risi sets the scythe aside to allow himself to form a single handseal, and then his red eyes go a bit unfocused, since he's actually looking through the eyes of the crow itself as it finds a small group of bandits, huddling behind stones along either side of the path, landing on one of the stones. Although he can't hear what they say to one another, the sight is more than helpful in letting him count out how many there are, and even what weapons they have, which he relays to Shirai. He actually stops moving while he does this, though, since it's too dangerous to walk while he can't actually see where he's going.

With his job as a scout done, he breaks the connection for a moment to give Shirai a cheery smile while he picks his scythe back up, tapping the bottom of it on the ground to signal that he's ready.

"See how much easier missions are when I'm around?~ Be sure to note how useful I am in the mission report when we're done, please!~"

Each step is practically a skip now as he deftly and dexterously prances along.

coded by pinn @ thq
408 words

NAME: Meijiru [Command]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: --
DESCRIPTION:
Through the use of chakra and Murder Speech a member from the Kyuumu clan can give a command to any bird, and the bird must follow the order down to the letter. Unlike higher rank jutsu that affect a large number of birds, this jutsu can only affect 5 birds at most. That makes this jutsu slightly less useful in combat, but it can be used for some low level scouting, or to offer a distraction if the opponent isn't expecting to be attacked by some birds.

NAME: Me no Karasu [Eye of the Crow]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low {Very Low drain to maintain}
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
HANDSEALS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
This jutsu uses a crow as a medium, enabling the user to see directly through the eyes of a crow. The range of this jutsu is about 2 miles, allowing the user to see through the eyes of any crow within that range. While this jutsu is much simpler than Spying Flock Technique, it can help acquire much more useful information by getting the chance to directly see what the crows in that area are seeing. When using this jutsu, the user must be aware of the general location of the crow that'll be acting as the medium.
last edit by risi on Mar 8, 2024 12:28:19 GMT -5
Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 8, 2024 22:26:36 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
"You know?...Those powers of your clan. They're quite scary in their own way. You know?" She praises to an extent as they take the liberty to scout out with the birds. It was amazing how the hidden cloud's ninja at the height of their power were so terrifying that the Gods themselves had to smite them with a deadly disease that killed nearly a third of all ninja of their village. However, those that survived were now hardened. Burdened with the duties of all those that died. Burdened with the tasks to bring their village into prosperity and to maintain their very way of life. Let the world fear a Kumogakure ninja's wrath.

"Trust me. I'll write praises in the report. I might just have to order you for some more missions. If you're looking to earn some more bread." That said, as she was relayed how many bandits there were? She channels chakra and with it, her hair spikes. Her body seems to become more tense and taut. Before she turns herself into a human ephemeral shape of lightning, blitzing forth at obscene speeds with a crack of sound. Shirai was already one of the fastest ninja in Kumogakure up to date, perhaps even capable of rivaling the Raikage with their lightning cloaks. As she moves forth, she approaches one of the bandits resting along the stone.

Exiting her lightning form, with her right forearm outstretched in a clothesline motion, she bursts forth and slams her lightning coated arm along their juggular. "Lariat!" Her blow with intense speed sending them flipping multiple times in the air as their windpipe is absolutely destroyed, before they're sent crashing to the earth with a collapsing heap. Where she immediately tenses and does a pivoting motion, performing a backwards elbow into a man's gut, and as they keel, draws the sword from his waist in a fluid motion. Ringing from the scabbard.

"God! I love myself!" She says, wielding the sword and standing firmly in place. "When was the last time I got to take out the garbage?..."

NAME: Kami no Bodi Kaminari [Divine Lightning Body]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Activation, Drain is constant but minimal]
CLASSIFICATION: Hijutsu
ELEMENT: Raiton
DESCRIPTION:
The pinnacle of being a Tetsumaki. By using the iron rich blood within a Testumaki, the raiton stored within the body the user can quite literally transform either their whole body (organs included) or parts of the body into pure lightning. This makes physical attacks nigh on impossible to connect properly since the opponent is quite literally punching lightning.

The Tetsumaki in this form can use conductive surfaces to transfer themselves through, including but not limited to metals, water and other reactive surfaces. A bonus to this technique is the ability to move at increased speeds in straight lines (add one rank's speed plus a speed SA). The user cannot turn while using this part of the technique, so if one can match the speed or perceive it, it could easily be dodged.

As with all lightning techniques, Kami no Bodi Kaminari has a natural weakness to mokuton techniques. Fuuton techniques can expel the Tetsumaki from the form. Physical attacks from the user are also null unless using clan jutsu specifically for said attacks.

NAME: Rariatto - [Lightning Plough Hot Sword]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: N/a
DESCRIPTION:
The user rushes at their opponent and holds out their arm, aiming to strike them dead in the throat or face. Using incredible speed and strength, one direct strike can knock an opponent down on the floor in a flash and render them unconscious.
last edit by Shirai Tetsumaki on Mar 8, 2024 22:27:55 GMT -5
Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 11, 2024 10:14:55 GMT -5
risi
risi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

The young man felt quite pleased with himself as well as his clan when even this Jounin sings his praises for the usefulness of his clan's techniques and his own capabilities in regards to scouting and reconnaissance. Granted, he has grown to somewhat despise the Inshi family in particular, but that does not tarnish his pride on the matter of his own capabilities. Then he watches as her body changes before his very eyes, and he has to cover his own crimson eyes for a moment because the flickering effect of her lightning form is having a bit of a dazzling effect on him, not unlike the headache-inducing flickering of incandescent bulbs, but at a far greater level. Once she moves, though, he completely loses track of her, but assumes that she had decided to move on ahead and engage in combat.

Now Risi frowns a bit; although he has trained more recently to be able to make effective use of his scythe, his physicality is still lacking quite a lot in regards to how quickly he can move and how physically strong he is. He has to huff and puff as he runs after Shirai, before scoffing a little and unlatching the side of his skirt to allow him to run a little more freely. While he's quite a bit faster with the skirt open, he's still quite slow compared to even other Genin of his level. In fact, by the time he reaches the combat zone, he's missed out on the Jounin using a technique to slam one of the bandits practically off the face of the mountain and directly into the afterlife, effectively, while incapacitating another and now wielding his own sword in her hands.

"Oh, I always miss the most fun parts!~"

He gives a cute pout, while also drawing the attention of some of the other vagabonds to his presence, although they might soon find it impossible to actually focus on the more dangerous Jounin as he speaks once more.

"Oh, boys!~ Over here!~"

Risi then rests the scythe in the crook of his elbow as he performs a single hand seal, smiling innocently as he casts a Genjutsu over everyone that looks at him, causing an illusion of around a hundred clones of himself to appear, formed by a sheer cloud of crows that seem to fly from the sky to become many dozens of copies of the pretty illusionist. Once the technique is done, he smiles cutely at the bandits and at Shirai before he, as well as his clones, ready their scythes for combat, wielding the glaive-like weapons in ready positions.

"We're willing to accept your unconditional surrender, as long as we get your boss!~"

coded by pinn @ thq
451 words 6/15 posts

NAME: Nise Tajū Karasu Bunshin no Jutsu [Fake Multiple Crow Clone Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low (Low Drain to maintain)
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
TRIGGER: The user makes a single handsign as if they were using the regular crow clone technique.
HANDSEALS: 0
DESCRIPTION:
After the user makes the necessary hand sign, the genjutsu takes effect in anyone that sees the handsign, making it appear to all the targets as if the user has summoned a vast number of clones, with the illusion capable of manifesting around 100 clones. Each clone appears real to all people trapped within the genjutsu, fooling all their senses, and whenever a fatal attack is made on one of the clones they disperse into crows just as if they were a real crow clone. The fake clones made by this jutsu, however, keep reforming as long as the enemy is trapped in the jutsu; due to the nature of genjutsu, the clones cannot cause any direct damage to the target, but they can be used to mask attacks made by the real user or real clones.
last edit by risi on Mar 11, 2024 10:15:26 GMT -5
Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 12, 2024 3:25:58 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Whoops. She didn't mean to kill that guy. Ah. Well...When Shirai stood there, a moment of shock seemed to pass by as the remaining unwounded man looks forth. Feeling a sense of terror as they saw the headband. They should have expected it, honestly, but they were told it'd be an easy score. Capture a noblewoman or something, ransom her back to her family. They'd be set for life! As the two bandits turn to look upon Risi coming up next? There was a moment where they look forward. See now a hundred Risi as they fall into his masterful genjutsu. That was the moment of contemplation.

"We surrender! We surrender!" They call out. The remnants dropping their weapons. "Please! Just don't kill us!" They drop down onto their knees, and plant their heads onto the ground, their hands clasped. "Well...Just give us some information. Tell us what we want to know? How many? Where at? Who's the boss, and how will I know them?" She says it like a charismatic business saleswoman. To which one of the men says, "We made our base by a small cave built into the mountain. A little crack cave. You wouldn't think much of it! Our boss is Talon! You'll know him by the scars along his right eye. Wears a red bandana on his head! Can't miss him! Including us. There's twenty!"

"Hrm...Sounds like a cool name." She says, turning her back to Risi. "Alright. I'm not going to kill you." She says with a bright grin and smile. Unfortunately. She never gave any promises for her subordinate. And their big ass scythe. Assuming the other two died? Well. Seventeen more to go.
last edit by Shirai Tetsumaki on Mar 12, 2024 3:26:50 GMT -5
Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 12, 2024 14:58:46 GMT -5
risi
risi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

Risi feels even more helpful when he manages to make the bandits surrender immediately with a single Genjutsu, and even divulge some very helpful information about who their leader is, which would be sure to make it far easier to find him and complete the mission successfully. When the bandits all seem to breathe a sigh of relief at the Jounin's agreement not to kill them, Risi tilts his head cutely to the side, followed by all of the false clones he'd made, making an absolutely adorable flock-like repetition among all of them as he clarifies what should have been obvious to them all during their minor celebration of their lives supposedly being spared.

"Hmmm, buuuuut... I made no such promise.~"

Risi and his clones all prepare to rush in on the remaining duo, and then they quickly raid the two remaining bandits, who obviously do their best to fight back. Despite even their best efforts, with a hundred false copies of the raven-haired young man, their attacks meet only air as the clones they believe to be hitting simply turn into flocks of ravens, only to reform themselves and enter the fray once more. Risi has to keep his focus on making the illusion work, even as he slips between the illusionary clones he's made, but he manages to cut apart first one, then garrote the other before he even realizes what's happening to his own comrade, using the blade of his scythe to cut across his neck to silence him before he can yell out any kind of a warning. With the job done, he discontinues the illusion, causing all of his false clones to disappear in an instant while he's busy arching his womanly back to pop a few bones that had been making him all tense.

"If this keeps up, it'll be easy work!~"

He gives the Jounin a smile, then starts cleaning off his scythe, glad that he'd decided to attack both bandits from behind so that their blood wouldn't ruin his perfectly classy clothing, and he takes another moment to perform the same technique, this time searching through the bandits' campsite, and once more relaying the information back to Shirai so that she can get an accurate account of the other seventeen bandits. Including even the leader of this particular group. The bird is even able to pick up on what kinds of weapons they had.

coded by pinn @ thq
402 words 8/15
Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 12, 2024 15:50:13 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Terror was a pretty powerful weapon in its own right. As Risi came on bout to inflict it, and began flirtatiously calling out to the men before they killed them? It was kind of a disgusting thing, to see men panic and beg for their lives, only to be run through. But it was in a way fascinating to see Risi so nonchalantly murder. Crossing her arms behind her back, she looks at the katana she'd taken and firmly takes the sheath in question. She might come to send some people to take the spoils and the weapons at a later period. More training equipment for the military training program.

Risi would see through their crow's eyes the opening they so talked about. A crack or fissure in a wall with a small amount of water funneling through. Just large enough for perhaps a single wagon to pass through along a cavern. Outside of it, rest a handful of guards, as well as a few barrels, crates, and a sad looking mule hitched to a post. Shirai finds herself tapping her right foot along the floor, turning back to look at Risi then. "I should note. I give you permission to loot and hold onto anything you can carry or find interest in. The rest of the goods, we'll reclaim for the village."
Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 12, 2024 16:18:14 GMT -5
risi
risi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

The feminine-looking shinobi listens to Shirai give him permission to loot the bodies for anything he might need, and he shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly. He mostly seems disinterested in getting much of any of their equipment, likely not needing any for himself, considering his usual method of using Genjutsu far more than he used other types of techniques, but he does find a few snacks they'd likely been eating while waiting out here in the wild for new targets. This, he takes, along with a bag of small coins of very little value and some string from their clothing, fashioning the tiny coin purse into an odd bell-like chime. He holds the bag out for a raven that takes the small coin purse and flies away with it. Perhaps it would work nicely as a trick for later, it depends on how susceptible the other bandits happen to be when it comes to sound-based Genjutsu.

"Mm... I'm not really sure the rest is even as good as what Kumogakure has for themselves. But maybe they can melt down their weapons and make something superior.~"

He even checks their weapons and other tools, but he doesn't find a whole lot that he apparently finds helpful for him, so he leaves it all behind. He does make it a point to leave them with their clothing open and their legs crossed to show which bandits he'd checked already for useful items. Then he turns back towards Shirai to show he was done with his scavenging.

"Okay, I think we're good to keep going!~ We should be coming up on their full camp soon."

coded by pinn @ thq
272 words 10/15
last edit by risi on Mar 13, 2024 9:50:06 GMT -5
Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 16, 2024 4:55:33 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Risi seemed far too cheerful and nonchalant to be a Genin really. Either that, or they just seemed to be a natural killer. Shirai? Shirai was desensitized, having lived through a war, as well as having been on countless missions in her past. Upon moving forward, it became clear that the opening to that crag was there, just like they were told. It wasn't much of anything to look at, but down below, there were clearly a few armed guards standing along the outer edge, seemingly bored during this whole affair.

"I know that you're pretty skilled in Genjutsu, and you've been wanting to apply some more of your scythe skills. Go for it. Show me what you can do. I'll be close behind you." Shirai says, wanting to put faith in Risi's abilities, but also t see more of it for herself. Resting from their position and crossing their arms over their chest, Risi was given the free reins to approach and do as they wish, a small pond or stream running along their hideout. A neat little place.

Meanwhile, Shirai would take the liberty to reflect on the situation, and would prepare herself to intervene and defend Risi should the need arise. However , she held some level of confidence they could handle it on their own. After all, Risi seemed confident thus far. Could they pull it off? Shirai might actually be impressed.
Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 18, 2024 11:28:20 GMT -5
risi
risi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

Risi smiles with delight as they approach the crag and he gets to see how the bandits are aligned in order to see how to best interfere in their camp when he's given the freedom to "show her what he can do". He thinks about it for a while, and decides it'd be best to take out the guards rapidly first, since their yelling would attract all the other bandits right away to their position. The problem is that most of his Genjutsu techniques work best on a single target, and so using them on a group of bandits isn't really a viable option. He'll have to get creative with his techniques and with his scythe in order to get the job done, and he'll need to infiltrate and then silently go about the messy job of killing all but the boss. He takes a deep breath before lifting his top hat and putting it on backwards, which might seem a little odd, but it would at least hide his Kumogakure headband from view, making him appear much more like a traveler unaffiliated with other ninja.

"Very well!~ Don't get too bored, now."

He moves out into the path, practically frolicking and skipping as he makes his way to the bandits that are guarding their camp. The two men catch sight of him and give a chuckle at his approach, thinking him to be a lost girl, apparently. When he sees the two of them looking right at him, he actually brandishes his scythe, then leans forwards into a rush, rapidly slicing across one of them and glaring firmly at the second lookout, causing him to feel his entire body go taut as it struggles against the Genjutsu Shibari technique that locks his limbs. Risi can see that the man is about to yell out, so he swings his scythe back around, and with a flash, his head is off, and the body drops to the ground. Risi himself seems disgusted with the blood, but he slips through the gate and into the crag, properly slipping into the camp and skulking to the nearest tent he can find, one apparently set up as a lookout resting tent.

A perfect opportunity for Risi to dispatch another pair of bandits while they sleep. That's four down and he's only just entered the camp in order to begin his grisly work. Of course, Shirai might not know enough about Genjutsu to realize that he'd just put someone into a trance momentarily to make them feel as if their entire body was locked in place, but it had been somewhat draining on him. He knows he can't do that too much or he'll end up exhausted before he even meets the bandit leader, so he considers his options while he cleans his clothes.

coded by pinn @ thq
469 words 12/15

NAME: Genjutsu Shibari [Genjutsu Binding]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Medium | To Maintain: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
HANDSEALS: 0
TRIGGER: Visual
DESCRIPTION:
As the name suggests, the user binds the opponent in a genjutsu by the opponent viewing the user glare, rendering them incapable of movement; and this genjutsu can be used on more than one target at the same time. Unlike other genjutsu that use illusory objects to stop movements, this genjutsu simply affects the target's sense of touch to make it feel as if every inch of their body surrounded by hardened cement, effectively paralyzing the target. Once the target(s) are bound, the user or an ally can rush up to the enemy and deliver a devastating killing blow.

Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 18, 2024 20:14:50 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Geeze. The Kyuumu Clan were producing some really scary genin this generation. For Shirai, it at least took some time for her to be able to enjoy killing people, and she didn't enjoy it nearly as much as Risi seemed to. Smiling. Skipping. As if it were all some sort of casual thing. Shirai looked on, and with it, she was able to recognize the tell tale signs of genjutsu. Of course. It made sense, and with it, Shirai was able to tell that it was her charge's specialty. Well, that, and wearing stylish girl's clothes. Whatever the case, she was able to determine that there was going to be some fighting up ahead. Not that it was going to be liekly difficult. Still though. Risi caught Shirai's eye.

Heading down below to see their handiwork, Shirai saw the blood and the corpses of which now lingered along the floor. The songs and stories never told you about how they al shit themselves when they die. "I think you've done enough. Enough for me to write home about." The purple haired lady responds, before looking deeper into the crag. "You can take a rest now. I'll take over from here." She proclaims, and with it? If there was no protest or concern? She utilizes her clan's jutsu to begin to travel down the length of the cave and former mine.

Turning into a beam of electricity as she vanishes from Risi's sight. Into the darkness.
Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 19, 2024 10:25:16 GMT -5
risi
risi Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

Risi stands up from his preening position when Shirai shows up to give him the option to take a rest for the remainder of the mission, but he shakes his head, smiling just a little. While he might normally want to avoid doing too much and letting his chakra run thin on such a dangerous mission, he's still got a bit of pride in himself as a shinobi, and he isn't satisfied after doing so little of the work; after all, it's his mission, as well, and he'd prefer to do at least some of it, or at least more than simply infiltrating the front of the cave.

"I'm not that lazy.~ Despite my pretty appearance, I'm not a wilting flower, either.~"

He gives Shirai a smile before she disappears in a flash, just like lightning, leaving behind a purplish blot in his vision from the brightness contrasted against the darkness of the cave that his eyes had started becoming accustomed to. He waits another moment before following the flash deeper into the cave, searching for more of the bandits that Shirai might not have gotten to yet. His blade slashes out at limbs here and there, but his corvid eyes are easily able to keep track of all of the bandits in these low light conditions as easily as if he'd been living in caves for a long time. As soon as he sees the leader of the bandits, he shouts in order to get his attention, giving him a deathly glare that locks him in place as easily as it had done to the vagabonds guarding the entrance, which gives Risi more than enough time to finish off more of the previously resting brigands.

It was quick work, but Risi barely even felt like he'd rid the world of that many people, most likely because Shirai had probably done most of the work in her lightning body form, something that Risi still didn't fully understand how it was done. In any case, he smugly smiles at the bandit leader that is now locked in place by his Genjutsu Binding technique, feeling quite proud of himself.

coded by pinn @ thq
357 words 14/15
last edit by risi on Mar 19, 2024 10:25:29 GMT -5
Getting Crass in the Mountain PassMar 26, 2024 6:28:13 GMT -5
Shirai Tetsumaki
Shirai Tetsumaki Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Risi seemed content on making it clear their intention to keep going. "If you can keep up." Shirai says, and with it, as she enters the cave, there was a flash of blue and purple as she pushes into the cave, scrambling into their foes that leaves cries out. Typically incapacitating them and or dealing with them swiftly with paralysis. She didn't care so much as to face opponents like this. However, in those lingering moments? They'd defeated their foes with relative ease. So far? Shirai as she tied up the man with some rope within their cave was satisfied. Though somewhat offput by Risi's personality.

They were a different sort, and she didn't know if they took satisfaction in killing these people with that scythe of theirs. Not that she was to judge. Sociopaths, the kinds of people that were into this sort of stuff weren't unneeded. They were an army, and an army needed people that could get the job done and not feel too down about it afterwards. Not when there was a lot to do. Not when their entire career kind of relied on the idea of death and conflict. Still though. With that much done? Shirai would take Risi and their new friend back as she filed the report and labeled the cave for someone else to do the cleanup and claiming part.

Hrm...Did Risi have some slight sociopathic tendencies? Shirai wasn't too sure.

"Mission completed."