The Path of Heritage (M)

compose a reply
The Path of Heritage (M)Mar 8, 2024 19:34:34 GMT -5
Jūryoku Azusaki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Jūryoku Azusaki Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
    It wasn't exactly a special event to see Genin walking to or waiting at the mission office like a cat waiting for their food bowl to be filled, especially with all the number of them in Kusa, but two walking up to the desk at nearly the exact same time was at least an amusing sight. The person sitting behind the desk watched them walking from opposite directions and enter one after another, then both walk up, stop and then look at each other as if non-verbally telling the other to go ahead. A few gestures and looks later and there was eventually a loud clearing of someone's throat, as a young shinobi stood up from behind the counter, knocking on it lightly to get their attention.

"I'm assuming you are both here for a mission, yes?"

There were a few looks, more unsure if I'm going to speak up or you, then finally a scroll was lazily slapped down onto the counter as once more there was a loud clearing of the man's throat.

"Don't everyone speak up at once. Look, this mission need some attention. C rank, man quite literally fell dead walking out of a building, asked for someone to return an item, didn't quite make it to tell us who. So, find out who the item belongs to, return it to them, return back here."

Reaching for something out of view he stands back up holding up looks to be a locket perhaps, holding it up to the light and handing it over to whoever was going to grab it first, and looking between them, giving them a look as if to say to grab it and leave, clearly not having the best day.
has written 34 posts
The Path of Heritage (M)Mar 11, 2024 18:09:10 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 9 rank Genin occupation
Kisei Sachi🌸
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

Ara, that person…

Sachi waltzed into the mission office with a light step, a kiseru pipe in her mouth emitting a sakura scent as she passed by, her twin tails swaying back and forth as she walked.

The girl's recall ability was very powerful, often being able to recognize a plethora of people that comes her way at a glance. She memorized the faces of many of the residents of Kusagakure, even if she couldn’t put a name one to one, it was to the point where she would see familiar faces everyday. It was rare for her to see a face that she hadn’t seen before in the shinobi village. In an interesting twist of fate, she now got to formally meet one she hadn’t talked much to despite being similar in age. Although before formalities were able to be given, the mission assigner had quickly briefed them on their task at hand, information that could barely be considered a lead. Once the shinobi had finished, the girl would finally speak.

"This is quite interesting.” Sachi replied, tilting her head as she took the locket to examine it further. "May I please have the records of the person who passed away? Did any family members come and claim the body?” She inquired more from the desk person despite knowing that it might be futile considering.

Bright blue eyes glanced at the other Genin that she was working with today as she quickly greeted him in almost whispers, "Good day to you, Sensei. Thank you for taking care of my younger siblings in the academy.” Siblings was a loose term, the Futago twins being only slightly younger and far distant relatives but she considered them akin to such.

–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

last edit by Kisei Sachi on Mar 12, 2024 20:01:37 GMT -5
IntrovertedRabbit has written 186 posts
The Path of Heritage (M)Mar 11, 2024 18:25:18 GMT -5
Jūryoku Azusaki
Jūryoku Azusaki Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
    Before he could speak, not that he was in a hurry to do so, Sachi spoke up, which he was more than happy to let her do. He looked to her as she spoke then back to the one behind the counter, waiting for a response. He watched them grumble to the point of making it a facial expression, before holding up a finger and walking away with a piece of paper in hand. They could both hear them going through papers and cabinets in a room just out of sight, as Sachi spoke up, grabbing Azusaki's attention.

Hearing her call him sensei immediately caused his brow to raise, still not used to that from the students in the academy, let alone someone outside of it. Hearing that he had been teaching some of her siblings lowered it, replaced with a smile as suddenly made sense, giving her a light bow.

"Not an expected profession, but glad I can help."

He was most certainly soft spoken, not quiet, but a voice that was hard to believe came from someone leading or teaching anyone. His hand raised as his lips parted, about to ask her something, but the shuffling feet and sighing distracted him, as the man had returned, laying a piece of paper down on the desk and sliding it towards Sachi, then picked up the locket again and held it out much more impatiently this time, giving it a shake.

"Information is on the paper. Full name, where they were found, the locket they handed off."

Flipping it over he pointed to a specific line, tapping it a few times.

"This is where it was purchased just a week ago. The clasp it stuck closed, so perhaps taking it there can allow them to open it without damaging it and see if there is anything of note inside. Now then-"

Making a dismissive gesture, he tried waving them away, still waiting for one of them to grab a hold of the locket, as Azusaki finally reached out and did, taking it and pocketing it with a soft nod.

has written 34 posts
The Path of Heritage (M)Mar 12, 2024 20:08:18 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

Sachi blinked twice, tilting her head as she scanned the paper's content. The limited information provided was a bit of a head-scratcher, but Sachi found it intriguing, drawing parallels to the mysteries she had encountered in various texts. Well-versed in literature and stories that money could buy, she approached the situation with curiosity rather than dismay.

Furthermore, the fact that she had never seen the person described added an extra layer of rarity to the situation. Despite her occasional absences due to travel, it seemed unlikely that she wouldn't have encountered the person if they were a resident of the village. With the pair now dismissed, Sachi delicately handed the sheet to the older genin, exhaling a puff of sweet-smelling smoke as she muttered to herself, "Quite the mystery~"

Offering a small bow, she introduced herself in a polite tone, "It's nice to finally meet you. I'm Kisei Sachi of Genin Team 1. I look forward to working with you today." As she approached, she flashed a bright smile toward Azusaki, heading towards the exit. "I've never worked on a mission quite like this, to be honest. My first thoughts were to interrogate family members of the deceased, but if he brought it to shinobi instead, perhaps that wouldn't be such a good idea. What do you suppose, Senpai?"
–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

The Path of Heritage (M)Mar 12, 2024 22:56:13 GMT -5
Jūryoku Azusaki
Jūryoku Azusaki Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
    As much as Azu was up for doing this mission, he was mostly smiling and faking understanding what exactly he was supposed to do here. The literal instructions were fine, but no one would confuse him for a detective, so having to go around looking for the owner of some jewellery wasn't his first choice in missions. This is why he needed to rank up, at least then he could start taking missions that didn't feel like something passed up by others that couldn't be bothered. Looking over the locket, he nodded as they were clearly being shooed away and looked to Sachii, who unlike himself actually seemed interested in all of this.

"Oh right, yes, I'm Jūryoku Azusaki."

Giving her a quick, somewhat nervous bow, he smiled, rubbing at the back of his head. He had seen her around before, and he had remembered her face at least from the academy, but given he was never officially assigned a Genin team, he hadn't worked with her directly before until now.

"You can call me Azusaki, or just Azu. I hear my name isn't easy to say, quite often, so whatever works."

As she started heading for the door he stepped up beside her, letting her exit first as he looked over the paper she had handed him earlier, handing her the locket as he read.

"Yeah, me neither. This isn't exactly my, what's the word, forte'? I'd like to head to this place on the paper where it says that locket was made first if possible. If they can open it, maybe even tell us about the person who ordered it, might be a good start. I don't do so good with grieving families."

Holding the paper towards her and pointing at it, he obviously looked confused.

"Problem is I don't know where this is. I don't exactly buy much jewelry."

has written 34 posts
The Path of Heritage (M)Mar 17, 2024 17:13:14 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

"Likewise, you can call me Sachi, Azu-senpai," Sachi smiled warmly, clasping her hands together. "My clan has a forever-growing number of members, so most call me by my name anyhow."

As they stepped through the doors, Sachi listened intently to Azusaki's words, her curiosity piqued. "Rather than grieving, if the family lived close by and wasn't ultimately entrusted with the locket, or maybe they didn't know about it, which is why I'm a little wary. I wish to know why the family didn't decide to look into it themselves," she mused, a hint of curiosity coloring her tone. It was a shame that delving further into the family's involvement seemed like a bad idea.

"Interestingly, I've never heard of this jewelry shop before, but I think I know one of their potential suppliers," Sachi continued, tilting her head as she examined the locket in her hands. Anything new always intrigued her, rare as it was to encounter something truly novel thanks to her near-perfect memory.

"Yasuha-ojiisan receives information like that regularly, such as new businesses popping up in the area, simply because he's elderly and his business partners are quite gossipy," she chuckled, reminiscing about the helpful elderly man. "He's the owner of that traveling goods shop in the business ring. Ojii-san has helped me quite a lot within the last 5 years living in Kusagakure. Hmmm, I wonder if he has any inside information…”
–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

last edit by Kisei Sachi on Apr 11, 2024 17:42:50 GMT -5
The Path of Heritage (M)Mar 17, 2024 22:04:27 GMT -5
Jūryoku Azusaki
Jūryoku Azusaki Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
"You don't have to call me Senpai, just Azu is fine."

He still wasn't used to his students calling him sensei, so having someone barely a year younger calling him senpai was certainly not something he was going to know how to handle. If she had to it's go along with it, but he just didn't want her thinking she needed to.

"My clan is a bit mixed on how we refer to each other, but my direct family are very strict about using my entire name. I'm just not used to all these new formalities that have come with being an instructor."

He rolled his neck as he looked around a bit, trying to regain his bearings of where they were in relation to where they needed to go. In truth his sense of direction was poor at best, which for all he hoped to make a good leader one day for a shinobi team, well it wasn't a great trait to have. Turning back to Sachi, he contorted his face a few times as he didn't have a good answer for her response. He was not exactly a top notch detective either, and was finding his set of skills didn't fit too well on the whole, but was trying his best not to let it show how much that worried him.

"I'll go along with whatever you think is best. If you want to talk to them then I'll go with it, as long as I don't have to question them. I'm no good with this kinda stuff, talking to families about serious topics. I get awkward."

It seemed unfortunately that neither of them had even heard of the shop let alone where it was, which was certainly making her idea of talking to the family the easier of the two options. 

"Well, maybe talking to the family is the best place to start after all. Seems it's a good thing I ran into you for this mission. I'd be standing in the street scratching my head at this point. Even sounds like you have a good contact that might help. I'll have to keep you in mind for all my other missions."

has written 34 posts