Hanging Around

compose a reply
Hanging AroundMar 10, 2024 7:40:17 GMT -5
Hono Kin
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hono Kin Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 6 years old birthday January 7 rank Academy Student occupation Academy Student
Considering Kin's relatives were assigned to be gate guards, it wasn't really a wonder that Kin would come around quite often, bringing food and other things for them, and considering the circumstances, Futago Kumori as well. Why, she'd just come today to give the three of them lunch! Futago might find resting along her stall by the gate was a bento wrapped in purple cloth that when opened would reveal a black lacquer box. Inside there was rice, mixed with sesame seeds, taro potatoes that have been seasoned with soy sauce, as well as bits of roasted sweet pork that had onions, spring onions, and some pickled radish to cut through the fat. A hearty meal.

For drink, there was a bamboo canister which held barley tea.

Kin didn't really want to run all the way back home at the moment, as it was around noon. Instead, she wanted to train, but also see the busy work that the gate guards did. Mainly because she suspected that Koji was hiding how awesome their job really was. Standing along the sides, she finds herself weaving a few short handseals, channeling her chakra within herself as she calls out. "Bunshin no Jutsu!" Focusing on dividing her energy, there laying along the floor was a deformed and half dead looking clone. Pale and it's eyes dishplate like as it lays flat along the floor. Kin sweatdropped as she rubs the back of her head.

"Are you okay?" She asks, only for it to poof away.

"Gomen!" 
dandead10 has written 63 posts
Hanging AroundMar 11, 2024 13:35:12 GMT -5
Futago Kumori
"Walk tall and carry a big sword."
Futago Kumori Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday September 16th 1005 rank Adv. Genin occupation Gate Guard
Kumori finds herself looking down at the young blonde girl that had so kindly delivered them some lunch. It was a slow day anyway, and the ravenette was carefully eating from the bento box, gingerly keeping her white cheongsam clean. It wasn't easy when it was almost completely white, with the eye-catching pinkish peach color of the lining of her clothes being more eye-catching, as well as the armor over her arms, shoulders, and her hips and waist. Although her greatsword was nearby, she hadn't needed to use it at all today, and it was already noon. Instead, she was alternating between eating from the delicious food in the bento box and fanning herself to keep herself cool. Their country was known for getting warm quickly as soon as spring hit, and staying somewhat warm and humid for a lot of the summer and most of the fall.

She notices from the corner of her eye that little Kin is trying to teach herself one of the simpler techniques that she would have been learning in the Academy, and she smiles a little when she sees the little blonde girl struggling with it. Kumori herself had needed a lot of extra training to be able to use Ninjutsu as well. She needs a little something to pass the time, since nobody is currently in the process of being let in through the gate, and so she stands up from her watch position to move closer to Kin, observing the corpse-like clone and tilting her head as it poofs away.

"Well, it's close."
Babs has written 73 posts
Hanging AroundMar 11, 2024 16:19:54 GMT -5
Hono Kin
Hono Kin Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 6 years old birthday January 7 rank Academy Student occupation Academy Student
Small kindnesses were nothing new to Kin. After all, she liked to be noticed and do things for others, distinguish herself a little considering the swathe of siblings she had. Something that was odd about this day and era was that everyone was in a rush, they were a bit less communal, and tended to become somewhat numb to the situations of others. Kin finds herself slowly turning to her side as she hears Kumori speak about the clone being close. "I don't think so..." She says with a small nervous sweatdrop. Looking up at the gate guard before her, she speaks almost in a soft whine.

"These jutsu are a lot harder than the others. This and the Henge." Not that she was meaning to complain or anything, but it was prettu rough. Performing the handseals again, her hands moving through the seals, she calls out again. "Bunshin no Jutsu!~" She winds up forming what was evidently some form of distorted visage of a clone, looking more deflated and wobbly as it slumps along the floor. It wasn't quite what she imagined, and with it, she imagined that there was more to it. She didn't really have an idea if she was doing it right. Putting in too much chakra. Too little. After all. This was her first time really working with chakra to create an actual illusionary effect. She needed a lot of work. Cutely, she smiles upwards towards Kumori.

"Is the food good?~"
last edit by Hono Kin on Mar 12, 2024 15:06:45 GMT -5
Hanging AroundMar 11, 2024 17:02:44 GMT -5
Futago Kumori
Futago Kumori Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday September 16th 1005 rank Adv. Genin occupation Gate Guard
Kumori blinks as she watches the little girl try again, and although she gets a little bit closer, it's not quite to the level of a successful use of the Academy technique. She takes a deep swallow of that barley tea, looking at the blondie when she states that the Bunshin and the Henge are harder than the others. She considers it for a moment, but doesn't think they were so hard for her. No, her difficulties were in Kawarimi, mostly. Having to be able to mark and prepare a log or other piece of equipment and then switch places with it was hard to keep track of, and there were a few times when she hadn't prepared it correctly and failed to swap. Perhaps it was easier or more difficult for other children; she hadn't paid much attention to the other children other than Kojirou and Saya when she'd been involved in the Academy.

"It's closer than some people get. It'll improve, and as it does, so will you."

After the most recent failed attempt, she pats her lightly on the top of her head as she looks upwards at the much taller kunoichi, and she nods with delight as she slips another strip of the roasted sweet pork, along with a bit of the onion into her mouth with the chopsticks. She makes sure to chew and swallow to show that she's definitely eating it.

"It's delicious! Did you make it yourself?"
Hanging AroundMar 12, 2024 15:18:36 GMT -5
Hono Kin
Hono Kin Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
"Thank you for saying so!" She said cheerfully, showing off the whites of her teeth as she closes her eyes. When she feels a pat along her head, she stands on one leg, the other folding backwards as if she were a heron, to try to make herself a little taller. "Hehe!~" When asked if she made it herself? She shakes her head no. "My Okaa-San made it. But I helped! I got to cut the onions." Twiddling with her fingers, it was wild. Living in a family of ten, with her being the youngest child to date.

Tetsuo helped their father butcher. Aiko made the rice. Kin gathered and cut the onions, and Roku seemed to eat for most of them. Ferocious appetite of his. Weaving through her handseals, she tries the jutsu again, focusing on herself. "Bunshin no Jutsu!~" A poof of smoke, before a duplicate of herself stands to her right, but looking sickly and pale. It's knees wobbling and shaking as if it were a senior or something. Poofing out of existence before it was hardly formed. So. Kin was getting an idea of what she was doing now. She was putting way too much chakra into the technique to make it work. She might actually have an easier time making multiple clones if that was the case.

"It's really nice to get to get out of the house. And spend time with other people like you! Your clothes are really pretty!" She says, looking over the pink and white color scheme. "Prettier than mine." She says, looking over at the poncho that she currently draped herself in. Though it was free flowing and she didn't mind it getting dirty.
last edit by Hono Kin on Mar 12, 2024 15:19:07 GMT -5
Hanging AroundMar 13, 2024 10:32:34 GMT -5
Futago Kumori
Futago Kumori Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kumori blinks in surprise at just how adorable this little girl is, and she wonders if the Hono clan has been trying to secretly hide her cuteness from the rest of the world. She's certainly precious enough to deserve that level of protection. But no, she's decided to become a shinobi. The older Genin still feels a sudden and intense desire to be protective of the young blonde child who helped her grandpa to cut the onions for the bento box.

She watches another attempt at making a clone, though this one looked far older and frail, not to mention ill. She's glad that at least it disperses quickly, so she doesn't have to keep looking at it. At the very least, it's definitively improving, despite her earlier dismissal of Kumori's own previous statement. Kumori then can't help but to blush a bit when she's told that her clothes are really pretty and that she thinks it's nice to get out of the house and spent time with people like her, and so she feels a bit guilty when she compares what the Futago is wearing to her own rather shabby clothing, and Kumori lightly brushes the blonde's little shoulder.

"You're a big girl helping your Okaa-san to make food for us. And big girls get paid for the work they do! So let's go shopping so you can have some new pretty clothes, too, sometime. It'll be my treat."

The normally very severe Futago gives Kin her best smile, lips furled upwards and making her eyes close while she lifts her hand to gently ruffle her blonde hair. This feels... nice. It's hard to explain, but she somewhat hopes that she can have a child of her own like this someday. When that might be, she's not sure, but she hopes to see it someday soon.
Hanging AroundMar 14, 2024 8:37:20 GMT -5
Hono Kin
Hono Kin Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
She looks upon Kumori with a loving and bright smile as she sees the happiness she creates. Though is surprised and shocked when she is offered to be paid. Pretty clothes. Her smile is practically radiant as she blushes pink.   "Yes please! Thank you miss! My name is Kin! Hono Kin. What's yours?" She asks curiously, hugging around Kumori's waist as she has her hair ruffled. She was very pleased at being called a big girl. Her heart flutters with pride as she was validated, not realizing how adorable she must have seemed as she looks up from her cuddle with a proud expression. 

"I'm training so I can graduate from the academy and become a real ninja! Then I can help my family at home and make a little extra money too!" Separating off, she forms a small series of handseals and molds her chakra. "I'm really grateful. Most of the clothes I get are hand me downs from my older sisters.  So it's really nice to have something for myself." The sentiment or thought was touching for her. Considering the fact that she had seven other siblings and she lived within a somewhat small home, it seemed like a dream come true. Her eyes shined with youthful innocence and love that only a child could really give. 

last edit by Hono Kin on Mar 14, 2024 10:33:29 GMT -5
Hanging AroundMar 14, 2024 10:15:52 GMT -5
Futago Kumori
Futago Kumori Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kumori smiles brightly as Kin fully introduces herself and even says please and thank you, which similarly makes her quite happy to have even made the offer in the first place. She certainly thinks the offer was worth it, even if her meager pocket book would probably cry. She could eat more lean for a little while.

"You're so very welcome, Kin. My name is Kumori. Futago Kumori."

She was a bit hesitant to use her real clan name, since Raimaa was somewhat infamous in Kusagakure, and that might reflect poorly on the rest of the clan and its members, but Kumori was looking to make her own name, anyway, and bring the clan back up from its somewhat betrayed position to something great again. She listens intently to Kin's desire to become a real ninja in order to help her family and make some money for herself besides, and she can't say she really knows what that's like; she's an only child from her mother and father, and so did not get hand-me-downs. This wasn't to say she was spoiled, either, but she certainly thought that it must be hard to split attention between too many other siblings.

"We'll have to make sure the clothes you get are pretty enough to make 'em all a little bit jealous!"

She smiles proudly down at Kin, but then watches as she starts to try the Bunshin technique once more. The look of pure childhood love was certainly getting to her; if Kin didn't already have parents, she might have offered to adopt the little thing. She was almost certainly far too young to actually be a killer, in her view. It really was a good thing that crime and violence was so rare in Kusagakure, but even so, the life of a ninja was one of strife and combat. Kumori could only hope that Kin didn't learn that lesson too soon.
Hanging AroundMar 14, 2024 10:36:56 GMT -5
Hono Kin
Hono Kin Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
"Bunshin no Jutsu!" She finds herself casting her jutsu, and with it, she extends her chakra outwards, making a balance. Her chakra disperses and forms now two duplicates. One after the other, and this time, the clones are now balanced. Forming along organized forms, the three of them look at one another and then come together in a triangular formation, putting their heads close together. All of them smiled prettily at Kumori, and were vibrant like sunflowers. Before one of them remains neutral faced, and one of them pouts and crosses their arms along their chest.

"Kai!" She says, forming the ram seal before the jutsu disperses. "Thank you so much miss Kumori!~" She finds herself blissfully unaware of how much of an impression she had over the older woman, but with a bright little smile, she spins in a pivot along her heel, and hops up in the air. "Yatta!~ I got the jutsu down and I get some pretty clothes!~" Taking the liberty to reach out, she'd take Kumori's hand and slowly interlocks their pinkies together, before then shaking their hands.

"Pinkie promise! When I become a ninja, I'll take good care of you too! Hehe!~ I need to grow up big and strong so I can take care of others."
Hanging AroundMar 14, 2024 11:11:30 GMT -5
Futago Kumori
Futago Kumori Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kumori watches as the young girl then makes not one, but two perfectly good clones, which she can recognize as being only the illusion form because of their lack of shadows in this bright sunlight. She considers warning her against this for that very reason, but then decides she'll learn that more from someone else, and she giggles a bit as the three cute little girls turn to face her to smile at her before two of them change their expressions, and Kin ends the clone technique and she's thanked, though she's not sure what for; it's not like she directly helped her with training the jutsu, but she enjoyed being thanked all the same.

"Any time, Kin!"

At the very least, it seems that her clan name didn't make much of an impression on the young girl; she might not even be aware of the politics at play. Of course she wouldn't be aware of that, she's far too young to care much about the intervillage or inter-family politics of Kusagakure. She's worried about pretty dresses and not having to wear hand-me-downs and about taking care of her family, a worry that she's also too young for, in Kumori's estimation. Still, she firmly locks their pinkies together, smiling brightly down at the blonde and agreeing just as firmly with the pinkie promise.

"Pinkie promise! I have no doubt you'll be a really strong ninja."
Hanging AroundMar 14, 2024 15:55:33 GMT -5
Hono Kin
Hono Kin Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Of course she didn't know anything about politics or anything along that line. Kin was instead too busy with the simple things in life. Too innocent and soft to think about such affairs. Instead, she thought about how to become a proper ninja. Thought about how to help her family, and indeed, those pretty clothes that Kumori promised. When she was told she'd be a strong ninja? Her eyes widen and light up with stars. The hope and faith that Kumori put in her was heartwarming, and it made her want to try harder. Little Kin would leap up and hug Kumori around the neck, giggling happily at the declaration.

"Thank you so much! I'll try my best! And it's a promise!" Flushing, she steps back and looks over at the horizon. Realizing it was getting a little later than she thought. It'd take her some time to run back home to her clan compound. "Oh...I should get back home before anyone worries about me. Bye bye! Have a good day Miss!" Kin says, waving her hand over her head in an enthusiastic manner, before she turns and walks away, taking the liberty to turn back and look at Kumori and give another wave. Before walking off in the afternoon towards the Hono compound.

She was sure she'd be back. To spend time with her cousins and by extension Kumori again. Frankly, considering how wonderful the day had been? She couldn't wait. For now, she had plans to continue training the Bunshin jutsu on her own time when she got back home. After all, she was planning to become a Genin this year after all!
last edit by Hono Kin on Mar 14, 2024 15:56:00 GMT -5