Puppeteers Reacquainted

compose a reply
Puppeteers ReacquaintedMar 10, 2024 13:48:45 GMT -5
Tantetsu Tsusho
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Tantetsu Tsusho Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 27 years old birthday 3rd of January rank Jounin occupation Operations Team Leader
    Going from Iwa to Ame was a bit of a trek, but one he had done more than his fair share of times over the years. It wasn't so much the distance as it was the terrain, which the land of Earth was to be blamed for more than anything. Having sent word of his arrival ahead of time, he was to meet Yeui Tsuki, who he considered a teacher and perhaps even a mentor in a sense, though it had been some time since the two had seen each other. 

Instead of heading into the village itself, they had decided to meet somewhere between Assabu and the village proper, as Tsusho was looking not just for a casual meeting, but for further training that he had put off for longer than he likely should have. He had been busy with his clan, the forge, traveling into more Northern countries, but was finally able to more south into a much more hospitable Ame. Passing the familiar areas, in the same route he always took over the years, he stopped for the same momentary greetings in Otobe, took his long way around route passed Assabu, finally arriving at what he assumed to be the meeting place. 

Setting up a small equivalent of a camp, he set down his pack puppet and started to pull out pieces of metal pole it looked like, attaching a piece of cloth to one. After a few moments there stood a makeshift flag pole along with what looked like a crude drawing of his own face blowing in the wind, hopefully high enough that Tsuki would notice to spot where he was. With one hand on the flag pole and his other on his four-legged puppet next to him, he looked out towards Ame awaiting her arrival.

Sprinkles has written 66 posts
Puppeteers ReacquaintedMar 18, 2024 18:56:44 GMT -5
Yuie Tsuki
Yuie Tsuki Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
Tsuki was a special type of paranoid, she wouldn't plan a meeting and not be prepared. Hiding away weaker puppets and small traps, there was a hidden concern all around her informants camp. It'd be amusing the flag he rose to call her attention, despite her having known he'd arrived hours ago. She had a bit of travelling to get to this location from Amegakure, so what she knew was from a feed through her camera and antenna system.

Unwilling to have herself or her secrets 'watched', the woman would arrive after her ninjutsu. Specifically she'd use a keepsake from once being a 'kirigakure shinobi', the hidden mist jutsu specifically. A fog of incredibly thick mist would seemingly roll in from the direction of Amegakure. Following a bit after was the strange sound of Tsuki's omni-directional equipment, as it'd help her cover the distance in the best time she could imagine. She'd fling herself from a tree-line to the rough opening in which Tsusho set up their camp.

Standing still a moment, the surrounding mist would soon populate. Red glowing dots loomed in pairs all around the camp, as Tsuki would bring her puppets to life. At first just ten at a time, they'd set up to surround, but also to look out. It'd be a bit of a process allowing Tsusho a moment to either clean up or try to welcome the very serious and menacing Kunoichi. She in this preparation slumped herself in an almost inanimate fashion. It was always hard to tell with her if it was a puppet or the master.

Tsuki was in her normal JiTe attire, a cloak of raven feathers and a pale mask shaped like a grotesque bird beak. The point on the peak would aim towards the flag before she'd speak. "Nothing escapes my many eyes Tsusho, flagging me down was truly unnecessary." She'd shift her mask to look the man dead on, it was impossible to truly know where she was looking though with the mask on. Walking slowly towards him she'd add in a plain tone. "I hope your trip was uneventful. I'd imagine passing Arashi no Kuni's border was a slight sigh of relief." Despite her words it was likely just as possible the anxiety of her potential ire was far more concerning than less secure roads of a non-shinobi nation. Especially for a shinobi of Tsusho's skill.
has written 207 posts
Puppeteers ReacquaintedMar 18, 2024 19:17:08 GMT -5
Tantetsu Tsusho
Tantetsu Tsusho Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 27 years old birthday 3rd of January rank Jounin occupation Operations Team Leader
    It had been quite a while since Tsusho had any contact with anyone from Kiri, but when he saw the mist rolling in where it wasn't exactly a natural occurrence, his mind went on alert. The last thing he was thinking was that it was Tsuki, and that someone had come to dramatically start trouble far from home, but what he didn't want to do was seem like a threat in case it was someone simply trying to get a look at him before he had one in return. Worst case, if someone was coming to start trouble, they would have to deal with two Shinobi by the time Tsuki showed up.

The relief washed over him fairly quickly as he heard was a familiar sound, just barely, but his eyes narrowed looking around, until he spotted an equally familiar figure, and sighed, leaning back against his puppet. Regardless of his relief that he wasn't being ambushed, he was still at least a bit on edge, as he always was, around Tsuki, because quite frankly she made him nervous. In Iwa he was one of very few true puppeteers, but standing here next to this woman he felt like he was little more than a novice. He was more than aware of her skill, and though he wouldn't admit it to her, it intimidated the hell out of him as equally as it motivated him to improve. 

Their use of puppets however was about where their similarities as shinobi ended, even if he looked to her as a teacher over the years, reaching out to try and learn from her directly, he took very little from her actual style of puppetry. For their difference however, they both certainly stood out with him looking like a gleeful mummy, and her some type of bird related death deity. When she finally spoke he grinned so wide his sharp teeth showed as widely as his eyes closed in response, giving a heavy shrug.

"I thought you'd find it amusing."

Turning to quick the flag over, he turned back and gave her a slight bow as she started walking closer.

"It was pretty boring, honestly, but it was nice to get back here. As much as I love the physical village of Iwa, the country outside the walls is really really dull. I can only look at so many damn rocks."

Pointing around him a bit, he finally opened his eyes as he grin faded back to normal.

"Your mist scared the hell out of me for a sec. Nice touch. Oh and uh, I missed ya, good to see you safe."

His words were genuine, but it was clear he was trying his best to say it casually, like it was no big deal, just part of the rest of the conversation thrown in. 

Puppeteers ReacquaintedMar 24, 2024 10:12:42 GMT -5
Yuie Tsuki
Yuie Tsuki Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
"Hmm... Amusing... I'd say it makes me question if today's lesson should be on Puppeteering or Blueprint drawing. Let me guess, you've got a knack for making puppets without a drawn out plan first. Saves on secure filing or destroying ones work for security sake." Tsuki would speak in a very normal tone, which was a bit of an oddity for her. She often liked twisting her voice to those who're friends or family of her targets. Luring them in with false comforts or making them question those people's safety. There wasn't as much to draw upon for her Iwagakure 'student', but maybe that's what'd make her voice the most chilling. Honest judging and contemplation.

"I do pride myself in the security of this nation, but this spot really isn't hidden enough. The mist is a necessary pre-caution, if you're to be my pupil, then you must never forget how important our secrets are..." She'd speak frankly and make her approach all the way up to the man, her beaks point shifting around Tsusho's face and neck. As though she could smell directly through it and if she had the intention to see if she could smell any fear. A hiss coming from her back, as the odd metal pill like backpack hidden under her cloak opened. A bit of steam releasing in the process.

Similar to a beetles, shell the odd backpack would open up over either shoulder. Seals all written up these odd wings would burst with a quick release of smoke. Over a couple dozen arms appearing to further emphasize the wing like shape of these appendages. Those arms waving as though a living part of the woman's body, the arms closest to Tsuki and thus Tsusho would reach out. As though multiple people were extending a 'caring touch' to his bandaged features. They're cold in their artificial fashion and clearly inhuman. "Aww... how touching... Worrying of my safety will keep you in my... good standing. Though you need not worry, I was born and raised in deaths clutches. I know his many tricks and with hands so close, I've strung them up and now I pull those strings."

Her statement ended with her giving him a peck on the cheek with her pale mask. The recorded sound of a kiss smacking played through the masks speaker. An audio buzz of distorted white noise following, before all sound seeming to fade.
has written 207 posts
Puppeteers ReacquaintedMar 25, 2024 0:40:01 GMT -5
Tantetsu Tsusho
Tantetsu Tsusho Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
"You want me to craft some armor, a good weapon, I can show you art. You want me to draw a good picture, well let's hope my life isn't on the line."

Reaching his arm back he connected a chakra string to the puppet behind him and yanked open a compartment on the front leg. Reaching in he pulled out a hammer and spun it in his hand a few times before standing up straight and pointing towards said puppet.

"I'm a Tantetsu; we create, we craft. It's in our blood as deeply as our kekkei genkai. Not like I haven't sketched before, I just like to grab the metal and start working and see where it take me, ya know?"

Placing the hammer back in its place, he shut the compartment once again as the puppet dropped back to a neutral stake with the chakra string disconnected once more. He was used to her words, her meanings, her tone, and even if he wasn't, in truth it likely wouldn't have bothered him much. For all he took his roles and jobs serious, he was fairly laid back and easy going. At her words of security, he gave a bit of a laugh, looking her over for a moment, then a raise brow that was nearly impossible to see, despite the movement of his bandages. Shrugging, he sighed as he looked around at the dog still thickening around further, waving his hand a bit dramatically in front of is face as if it was going to make any difference.

"Anywhere we go that you'd consider hidden would likely be a small room with no windows, and can't see that going so well for training, do you? Not that you don't have a'good point."

As she got closer, to the point she made his personal space hers, as the arms moved around, he didn't move, showing that he trusted her implicitly. If she wanted to hurt him he knew well enough he would have never seen her coming let alone the mist, and if she wanted to do him harm, it wasn't like he could do much to stop her anyways. It was strange though, unfamiliar, but oddly comforting.

"What can I say, I don't give a damn about many people outside my clan, and you happen to be one of them. How strong you are isn't gonna make me worry any less. You'll have to get used to it eventually ya know."

Reaching out he lightly poked the tip of her mask with a wink, as spun away and began looking around, for what he could see through the mist, specifically at her small army. He was always curious about her puppets, fond of their craftsmanship, in the differences in hers and his own, but it was so rare he got to see other puppets besides his own. 

"How long do I have you for this time?"