The Second Meeting: A Father-Daughter Conversation

compose a reply
The Second Meeting: A Father-Daughter ConversationMar 13, 2024 15:50:26 GMT -5
Akimichi Keihi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Akimichi Keihi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 24 years old birthday April 9th rank Adv. Genin occupation Academy Instructor
She had been in the village for roughly two months and she had only met the dream-shattering heathen once so far. Something that did not go well by her incessant need for data collection that had come from years in a research lab. Keihi's current state of opinion was that he was just as awful as she was figuring he was. A womanizer first, and little else - though this seemed more and more to be caused by her own childish image of the man being shattered on the revelation of who and what he was. A kage in the land of wind, the, sort of illegitimate, sone of the current reigning Daimyo, and a skilled shinobi. Yet a womanizer, a man of little responsibility, and most likely still to her a man-child.

Walking up the stairs of the building that was his common residence for work, Keihi found herself standing just before the door the was going to enter. A blank expression on her normally mischievous face, her eyes curious but notably cooler then normal as she inhaled and exhaled a breath. Making sure not to drop the boxes in her hand. If she wanted a relationship, even if strained and estranged, she would need to make contact at least a few times. Though her goal here already stayed the same: making sure her siblings grew up safe and while only dealing with what good the man had in him. No kid deserved a deadbeat dad, and it was only in her age that Keihi believed that she was able to cope to any degree.

When she was finally waved to enter she would call as she turned pushed the door open with a foot after opening it with one of her occupied hands, "Otou-San, I will be coming in now."

Keihi would call before walking to just beside the man's desk where she would set down what was easily recognized as a massive bento box that was easily thrice as large as a normal box. Her expression unchanging as she gave a curt bow and moved back to the far side of his desk, "I figured you likely hadn't eaten given how long you seem to hole up in here, hopefully some of it is to your tastes."

Little was he likely aware the entire box was an experiment of knowledge for him.

tag

Toffee has written 7 posts
The Second Meeting: A Father-Daughter ConversationMar 14, 2024 2:09:23 GMT -5
Chikamatsu Kiyoshi
Your worth is measured by the worth of what you value.
Chikamatsu Kiyoshi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 43 years old birthday July 2nd, 980 rank Jounin occupation Godaime Kazekage
     While he barely considered it much of a toil, Kiyoshi was glad he now had Koki to help with some of the more mundane paperwork. Allowed him to focus on things that he was better suited to, more skilled at: digging through old treaties, exploring history. He had lists of old incidents upon his desk - bandit attacks - though he'd filed those away already - and mercenary attacks, missing-nin spottings, and the like. Much pertained to the west - to Hoki no Kuni, Na no Kuni, and Moku no Kuni.

Kiyoshi looked up towards the interruption, initially expecting the delivery of correspondence from the Tanjo, only to hear his daughter's voice instead. "Keihi-chan!" he called with a wide smile. "Please, come in." He moved some of the papers to one side, turned his chair to face her as she came up beside the desk.

His amber eyes almost went wide at the sight of the over-sized bento box. "All that, for me?" he asked jokingly, grinning as he looked up at his daughter's freckled face. That's enough to feed all her brothers and sisters as well, he almost thought. Well, perhaps not.

"Good thing I just came back from training, then!" he lied, flexing a bicep, so she wouldn't feel bad. "You're right, I've not eaten in a while though. What've we got?" he asked as he set his elbow back down on the desk, leaned back in his chair. "I'm not picky, and your cooking is sublime besides."

Not strictly a lie, though as the bastard son of the prior Daimyou, Kiyoshi was used to delicacies of all sorts - the highest-quality food money could buy. Typically, it came in much smaller portions than this though. He awkwardly smiled as he wondered if he'd be able to fit all of it in.

| 299 words
Phantasm has written 115 posts