Ikkitousen no Jutsu | Universal

compose a reply
Ikkitousen no Jutsu | UniversalMar 13, 2024 22:02:29 GMT -5
Waruichi Hagoromo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Waruichi Hagoromo Avatar
groupnull
age 60 years old birthday June 21, 964 rank Elite Jounin occupation Waruichi Main Branch/Clan Leader | Ops Team 2 Leader | Suiryū Ryodan: Gensui-kaigun-taishō

universal

NAME: Ikkitousen no Jutsu [Matchless Warrior Technique]

CHAKRA USAGE: High [initial]; Medium – High [to maintain]

CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu

ELEMENT: N/A

HANDSEALS: 30

REQUIREMENT: Konbi Henge no Jutsu [Combination Transformation Technique], Kage Bunshin no Jutsu [Shadow Clone Technique]

DESCRIPTION:
While 3 Shadow Clones are present, the user will temporarily alter one's body by merging with them, resulting in 3 extra faces (each one representing anger, joy, and sadness) and 4 additional arms. These temporary new extremities possess the same physical capabilities as the original user, granting an increased experience of the world around oneself. The user is able to experience all 5 senses via the new faces while the additional arms are an additional means to channel chakra (such as chakra-based Bukijutsu or Taijutsu for example), but are unable to perform handseals for techniques (Fuuinjutsu, Genjutsu, Ninjutsu, etc). The extremities do possess specific weak points as a result of originating from Shadow Clones: the entirety of the user's crown (top of the head) becomes a blindspot as the eyes are unable to look up past 150 degrees, while the arms can be destroyed with multiple direct hits to the shoulders they're attached to. However, if the arms are dispelled before the technique's time frame is up, the user can effectively "reconstruct" new arms as long as Shadow Clones are still available by performing the hand seals for the [Combination Transformation Technique].

For a [High] amount of Chakra, the user can reinforce the weak points of the arms and one's head, allowing the areas to take multiple powerful strikes without being dispelled. Due to the strain this technique puts on the user's body, it is limited to [10 rotations] and [1 use per thread].
last edit by Waruichi Hagoromo on Mar 21, 2024 16:19:01 GMT -5
Sunshine has written 0 posts
Ikkitousen no Jutsu | UniversalMar 21, 2024 11:34:45 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age 31 years old birthday January 30th rank occupation
Hand seals: 30 hand seals and remove the 'kage bunshin hand seal' the three bunshin should already be present prior to this technique being activated.

So this technique combines the user with three shadow clones. Unable to perform techniques aside from elemental taijutsu. However it applies more or less three extra SAs to the person - strength, durability and mental acuity. I might be okay with a little extra strength and durability, but the clones are not any smarter than the original so I'm not certain how someone with a basic amount computing strategic skill would significantly improve with having to adjust to being attached to several other brains.

I don't fully understand the point of this technique in essence, could you please clarify what it is meant to do exactly?

Rotation wise the 1 use per thread is fine. However 20 rotations is an entire B-Rank mission... For a high initial cost and a high cost to maintain + very high for doton (which is unclear as to why it is optional or what it does specifically in this jutsu) this would most likely not be sustainable for even ten rotations in truth.

Han has written 492 posts
Ikkitousen no Jutsu | UniversalMar 21, 2024 19:34:36 GMT -5
Inōe Josuke
Inōe Josuke Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday 13 April, 996 rank Advanced Genin occupation Apprentice to the Lizard Sage

Hand seals: 30 hand seals and remove the 'kage bunshin hand seal' the three bunshin should already be present prior to this technique being activated.

Edited.

So this technique combines the user with three shadow clones. Unable to perform techniques aside from elemental taijutsu. However it applies more or less three extra SAs to the person - strength, durability and mental acuity. I might be okay with a little extra strength and durability, but the clones are not any smarter than the original so I'm not certain how someone with a basic amount computing strategic skill would significantly improve with having to adjust to being attached to several other brains.

I've changed a fair number of things. I removed the enhanced strength and durability of the arms as well as the enhanced mental acuity of the new faces. I also clarified that this isn't just for elemental Bukijutsu/Taijutsu, but those 2 specializations in general.

I don't fully understand the point of this technique in essence, could you please clarify what it is meant to do exactly?

So my primary intent with this technique was for it to be a means of giving Bukijutsu and Taijutsu users a bit of an edge against users like Fuuinjutsu/Genjutsu/Ninjutsu, specifically as a means to either wield more weapons or have more limbs to strike with.

Rotation wise the 1 use per thread is fine. However 20 rotations is an entire B-Rank mission... For a high initial cost and a high cost to maintain + very high for doton (which is unclear as to why it is optional or what it does specifically in this jutsu) this would most likely not be sustainable for even ten rotations in truth.

I've reduced the duration to 10 rotations and removed the doton aspect as I think it was making things more convoluted. As well, I also changed the maintaince cost to a scaling Medium to High cost: the medium is the basic form where a powerful strike to the head or arms will cause them to poof, while the High cost reinforces the new extremities and allows them to withstand strong hits without poofing at the cost of requiring more chakra in general to maintain. If that makes sense.
last edit by Inōe Josuke on Mar 21, 2024 19:35:21 GMT -5
Ikkitousen no Jutsu | UniversalMar 27, 2024 9:28:41 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age 31 years old birthday January 30th rank occupation
Unfortunately if the intention is specifically to grow extra limbs to allow individuals to have more striking capacity / power this would creep into several clan territories - including but not limited to Mayonaka and Oorigami. These clans specifically have the ability to have extra arms and this is what makes them unique so a jutsu that would be capable of replicating what makes them unique would not pass.

This COULD potentially pass as a clan technique for one of those clans as a combo tech but as it currently stands as a universal it would infringe on clan powers.

I will let you decide whether you would prefer that I deny the technique and let another mod take another review (which could be an approval or a second and final denial) or if you would prefer to reorient the technique entirely and I can continue reviewing it as a fresh technique.
Han has written 492 posts
Ikkitousen no Jutsu | UniversalMar 27, 2024 21:47:56 GMT -5
Inōe Josuke
Inōe Josuke Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday 13 April, 996 rank Advanced Genin occupation Apprentice to the Lizard Sage
Spoke to Han via Discord DMs regarding taking this off notify for now to consider revamping to fit the Mayonaka or Oorigami at a later date.