Quest for Discovery[Open]

compose a reply
Quest for Discovery[Open]Mar 16, 2024 2:27:49 GMT -5
Hana Chieko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hana Chieko Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 31 years old birthday April 15th rank Civilian occupation Black Smith/Merchant
Quest for Discovery

"I gotta hand it to you Mino...you always pull through..."

Looking over the new stock of materials brought into the shop, Chieko would grin as she continued to check the inventory for anything she'd need to replace.

It was just as important to make sure that she didn't run out of anything basic. While custom materials were much harder to keep in shop, the important stuff such as ore, leather and animal hides was constantly in need of replenishment.

"Never a doubt Chieko....oh...and um...you might wanna check this out...I found it while at the mines. Miner said it could be pretty good building stuff if someone can figure it out..."

As he held the composition in front of her, the dark haired smith would blink before taking hold of it. It was certainly light, but the surface was rough and dense by touch.

"Seems hollow....though I can't make heads or tails of it myself..."

Raising her brow, the young woman would begin to look it over closer as she then returned to finishing up her inventory check.

"Probably nothing but junk if I'm giving you my first impression..."

"Still...it could be worth making something out of it right?"

In hearing this Chieko would then sigh before glancing at the young man with a calm expression.

"Not everything out of the dirt can be made into something great....I'm not a wizard..."

tag || || notes || here ||
Kaze has written 175 posts
Quest for Discovery[Open]Mar 16, 2024 17:31:20 GMT -5
Uzumaki Kenshin
Uzumaki Kenshin Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday August 7th rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1
UzumakiKenshin
It was pretty well known around the village by this point that the young Kenshin was... averse to violence. A strange place for a shinobi to be, and yet none the less, there was Kenshin. Focusing on jus fuuinjutsu so that he could do whatever possible to simply stop people before they got violent. But, even he knew that there was a value to having the proper tools for a shinobi. The young boy wasn't an idiot, he had seen combat, that was precisely the reason he wished to avoid it so. 

Chieko's shop was always a good place to go when one needed new tools. The woman was known for her great crafting abilities. Kenshin had always wondered about how making weapons like these worked. He had never been part of that process, always just a purchaser of it's results. And that was the current plan for today. Get in, get some kunai and shuriken, see if she has any blank scrolls he can pick up as well, go home.

But, Kenshin was always a curious boy. He always wanted to learn more, so when he stepped into the store and heard of some mysterious element pulled from the mines, the young one couldn't help put poke his nose in.
"Can I take a look at it!?" 
Puppers has written 4 posts
Quest for Discovery[Open]Mar 18, 2024 0:15:03 GMT -5
Hana Chieko
Hana Chieko Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 31 years old birthday April 15th rank Civilian occupation Black Smith/Merchant
Quest for Discovery

In any aspect of business, you always made sure to recognize a customer that was familiar. Kenshin did frequent the shop from time to time, but it was mostly to resupply on tools. Of course, the fact that he was curious about the mineral within her possession was a bit of a surprise to say the least. Still, considering the lack of any real value it held, it was harmless to let him take a look for himself.

"Good morning Kenshin....if ya looking for tools to restock, I'll be with you in just a moment...though I'm telling you...you probably won't find anything much from this..."

As she handed it over, she'd continue to go down her list before then closing her eyes as the mineral was still on her mind. It was the curse of being savvy with metals. Honestly, if she wasn't careful, she'd start actually consider it being worth something.

"Basically hollow materials like that are no more stable than paper. At the very least, the best Mino here will get out of it is some costume jewelry and a door frame..."

That thought alone stopped her for a moment, prompting her to rub her hand beneath her face as she then looked upward.

"Costume Jewelry......nah...not worth the marketing expense..."

"Oh come on! At the very least pretend that it could make something legendary..."

With Mino seemingly upset, the dark haired woman would sigh before then making her way up a ladder to check one of her shelves.

"If I was some shaddy businesswoman, I would...but since I'm not...I won't...besides you said you found it with a lot of other minerals...its probably nothing more than a fluke of nature...ores that are hollow within them aren't exactly common..."

Quest for Discovery[Open]Mar 24, 2024 9:34:25 GMT -5
Uzumaki Kenshin
Uzumaki Kenshin Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday August 7th rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1
UzumakiKenshin
"Maybe it's a geode?" Kenshin would happily take the material when it was handed to him, doing his own examination of it, though he didn't really have any skill in smithing, or mining, or anything that would let him be all that useful in figuring out what it was. He was mostly taking a shot in the dark with his questioning, but it did seem to track with what he knew. "If it's hollow inside, a bumpy rough outside like this could be hiding some really pretty gems or crystals. Even if those wouldn't be the best for actually hitting stuff, maybe they could be used to make something basic look pretty. an ornamental piece instead of a functional one." 

Kenshin was at least pretty familiar with the concept of ornamental weapons. The Uzumaki clan had a couple of their own. Either gifts from other clans in times far past, or gifts between clan members. Wedding presents, ceremonial acts. There was always a reason to have a weapon that wasn't really much outside of a pretty center piece. 

"I almost forgot why I was here though. I need to get some new equipment before going out on any new missions. Some shuriken and kunai. And I wanted to ask if you had blank papers on sale here, or if you just have the finished explosive tags. I need to make some special fuin tags. If not I'm sure I can get some down the road." the boy was a bit of a rambler, but he was clearly happy to be there, happy to be making conversation. 
Puppers has written 4 posts
Quest for Discovery[Open]Mar 26, 2024 13:57:47 GMT -5
Hana Chieko
Hana Chieko Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Quest for Discovery

"Nice...love a customer with know how..."

Chieko would nod as she'd then looked back toward Mino, her expression calm as she then glanced once more at the small mineral, raising her brow before preparing to ask just where he managed to get that kind of knowledge. But before she could, it appeared that he had come here for service, leading to him asking for just a few tools. Sealed explosive, kunai and shuriken. The latter ideas were things that she often kept in stock, the first was a bit more tricky in truth.

"Can do the paper, shuriken and kunai....the explosives are another thing..."

Walking toward him as she gestured for him to follow, the smith would then begin to pull out her display of such items from the counter, placing them in front of him as she continued to speak.

"Sadly, I haven't been able to get those in yet...Mino's working on that..."

Pointing her thumb back to her suppler, the young man would grin sheepishly as he then laughed lightly.

"Yea...well...I got the rest right?"

In hearing him, she'd draw out the scrolls used for such methods, indicating the paper's design and placement as she continued to speak.

"I can make em for ya if you want...and since this is a bungle on my side, I can give ya a discount on it...Getting the sealing done is the issue since ya need someone skilled in it...which I'm not..."