Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Obsession in Denial

TAG.

WORDS. 500

NOTES:

Research into activities or events had never been much of an issue for Arashi during much of her life. In fact, while reading was a passion of hers, it often came with a sense of calm in being still and allowing her mind to do most of the heavy lifting. It kept her sharp and in itself, was a form of training. More than anything, it was a distraction...one that she needed...

While things with her family weren't the greatest, especially with the loss of her mother, she was doing everything within her power to keep herself from thinking on it. She'd been allowed some semblance of grief, but she wasn't willing to allow herself to completely slip into it. Not right now.

So falling back into old projects aided in keeping her mind at bay...and it was a break compared to most possible things she could be doing with such free time. Sleep certainly wasn't an option...

Set thankfully was with her brother and father tonight, allowing for the time to slow down and take some time for herself, yet she honestly didn't trust how long she'd be able to remain absent. Still, the night came with it's own release as she laid across the small sofa in her office, book in hand as she examined the text to it's completion.

The current investigation of interest was in that of the missing historical accounts in relation to Lady Sumiya and her father. The ruins listed on the map given to her had prompted some interest, but they had been put on hold in light of recent events.

Yet, with what she thought was a clear mind, she imagined the connection came from a possible link between the events of nearly six years ago. Granted, it was a stretch, but as she further researched what she had seen from the emblem of a man now dead, she considered the connection as a possible certainty.

"Still...I wouldn't go on that just bein it....I gotta head to the other five locations on that map.."

Glancing down at the glass plate, she'd frown before then pulling the book back in front of her, looking over the details of the page before then recalling the emblem with a wave of her hand. As dust formed based on memory, the indications of the insignia continued to plague her thoughts.

Better that than...other things...

It was the mantra she was going with these days....focus over grief was a better pill to swallow...

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Mar 28, 2024 6:01:17 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,690 posts
Obsession in Denial[C.A/Open]Mar 28, 2024 0:58:10 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obsession in Denial

TAG.

WORDS. 500

NOTES:

While she imagined getting to the next site would not be an issue, the time for such things was limited and currently impossible. If she was racing against another group trying to look into this, that meant that they could have gained some information that she didn't know about and have a clear idea of just what they were seeking...

Something even Arashi had no real way of knowing...

She was just searching for a record or perhaps just another treasure to prove that perhaps Sumiya's father had reason for being erased from history completely. If nothing else, the closure would give her some peace that he wasn't hiding some kind of weapon that could be used if left in the wrong hands.

Of course, that could entirely be possible...

Lady Sumiya was a capable craftsman in her own right, having created her own Shippai at one point that had been a guardian. It was a shame that Arashi couldn't go to it for answers, but it had long since lived it's final moments at his master's side. Arashi had made sure of it...as a last gesture to a dying protector of Sunagakure. Though she imagined that any knowledge of the woman's grave had been completely wiped from existence due to her father's influence. That was the catch to protecting something that held information that could shift the balance of power.

With her having the last trace of that power and the knowledge to make it...not that she used it often enough for that very reason...

Auramite couldn't be the goal in this group's venture...but then...what were they after?

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obsession in Denial[C.A/Open]Mar 28, 2024 6:05:52 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obsession in Denial

TAG.

WORDS. 500

NOTES:

Lady Sumiya's father had to be the link in all of this....but all she had was a dagger that was custom made...

Rising from the sofa, the young Jounin would then make her way toward her window sill, retrieving the box that rested on it. As she opened it, she'd see the dagger and the inscription once more.

"Ain't much to go on...just a gift..."

Cross her arms, she'd release a breath before then holding up the book once more, checking the designs listed within it.

The Dagger itself, while original, had no record of every being made. Of course, she was trying to find something that was crafted before better record keeping was a thing. Not to mention, as she said before, it was a gift. From a man that was never spoke of in any circle she'd heard of...

Seating herself upon her desk, Arashi would then cup her hand beneath her face before considering what else she knew of the Oonakayama.

Which surprisingly...was starting to feel like very little....

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obsession in Denial[C.A/Open]Mar 29, 2024 2:07:02 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obsession in Denial

TAG.

WORDS. 500

NOTES:

In an effort to narrow it down, Arashi would consider the main focus of her hunt....Oonakayama Sumiye...

The First Kazekage had attented the First Kage Summit and in a way was the creator of Suna. She had made her bones in the First Shinobi War and had connected the various clans of Kaze no Kuni through conquest and negotiations. Yet before that...nothing....

It had always been her assumption that the woman had come from a line of nomads, similar to those for other clans that had long since been forgotten to time. Often, that was the case in early civilization. Those that didn't hold strength were conquered. It was the way of things. But her father seemed to have some great skill and her own blood line and ability to manipulate Iron Sand proved to be a foundation that held up to this day as a staple of the Oonakayama. Granted, there was the other side of that coin.

Auramite...Gold Dust...a resource she had used during many of her defining moments and history had recorded it as valuable and powerful. So much so, that any other known means of replicating it had been hidden until she and her father discovered her actual resting place.

Now, along with that, she had also created a Shippai that had acting as her guardian for many of her battles save for the last one. In which, she left it buried within a workshop that in itself had been hidden away...

Connecting that to her father's work, was it possible that perhaps the Shippai hadn't been a creation of Sumiye at all, but that of her father? That being the said, did that mean that also Sumiye mother was perhaps the one of Oonakayama lineage and her father of Chikamatsu?

It was out there...but it would make sense in the long run and perhaps even explain why she'd have a Shippai guardian in the first place.

So maybe...what this group was after...was perhaps blueprints...maybe to Shippai creation?

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obsession in Denial[C.A/Open]Mar 29, 2024 3:28:50 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obsession in Denial

TAG.

WORDS. 500

NOTES:

It was a sound enough theory to be true...sadly...that meant that it was possible that information on the creation of Shippai were out there...or at the very least, one very old record of one's formation.

Arashi was aware of the process and how delicate it was. She had experience in dealing with the horrors of what one might go through, and in truth, while she didn't agree with it, could understand the need for them. They were the remains of warriors that had lived in defense of Sunagakure and what they were in their past lives had all but been forgotten.

294 and Tsuneo-sensei were prime examples of this, each with different stories behind them...

Another being Enmei....the one she had found in Sumiye's workshop....

Considering the vast difference in designs, the oldest being Enmei, it was likely that they were attempting to try and find it. Or at least any kind of possible record in relation to the creation of such beings. Thankfully, such secrets were held by the Chikamatsu and them alone...but Enmei...that was a different story.

His history dated back long before such secrecy and sadly....she and Zak had never come upon finding the schematics to their creation. Worst than that...their discovery of the ancient Shippai had been over five years ago. Long enough for any attempt at looking back into the workshop as being a waste of time...

"Still..its a startin point....not to mention it gets me outta this room..."

Rising back to her feet, she'd make her way to the door as she exited, leaving her office as she began to make her way to the old workshop.

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obsession in Denial[C.A/Open]Apr 4, 2024 6:58:40 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obsession in Denial

TAG.

WORDS. 500

NOTES:

Coming back to this place...it brought many memories of clarity and understanding of the difference between herself and her ancestor. Despite popular theory, she certainly wasn't Sumiye. The woman was an icon and a legend at that. Arashi was lucky enough that people considered her as the Desert Rose. Not that she was seeking a title....or was she?

Often it was hard to remove yourself from the shadows of those that had far more skill and clearly more experience in life. Though such a shadow of the First Kazekage wasn't what loomed over her now. Even if she couldn't sense her or feel their presence, they were there...just not in a supportive way in which she might want them to be. Which was even stranger considering...

Pushing such thinking aside, Arashi would continue to examine the workshop and find herself at a loss. There was nothing here...save for what pieces of Enemi remained and it was very little. The village had been thorough in combing this place after they had notified them of what they found. Save for mention of the Ancient Shippai. But there were no documents...no replicas...nothing but old tools and tattered cloth.

As Arashi prepared to chalk it up as a loss, the distant sounds and smells quickly entered her nose, prompting her to frown as she moved into the shadows.

A sudden drop, followed by a single set of footsteps prompted the girl to remain silent. As the figure began to move in the dim light of day, Arashi would move in behind them, her hand extended as a sand blade appeared close to the stranger's neck.

"Don't move...I wouldn't wanna miss..."

Though in turning the figure around, she'd see a face that made her wish she had simply struck.

"Oh come on..."

Releasing a breath, she'd stare at the figure before then hearing a familiar voice speak from their lips.

"Ahhh...the Princess of Suna....we meet again...."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obsession in Denial[C.A/Open]Apr 4, 2024 7:22:04 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obsession in Denial

TAG.

WORDS. 500

NOTES:

"Ahhh...the Princess of Suna....we meet again...."

"Noji Genikuma...."

The young man would look toward Arashi, examining her up and down as he then allowed a smirk to cross his lips as he spoke.

"I imagine you were expecting another perhaps...I am more than happy to leave you to your devices..."

"Nice try..."

Shoving him against the wall behind him, Arashi would continue to direct her blade in his direction, narrowing her eyes as she held a calm expression.

Noji had been an...associate of sorts....

His work within Sekara had allowed for a clearing of her own name when it had been labeled as a murderer and also helped to secure a steady, though unstable, taxing arrangement within the outlaw village. Of course, such a tie had been less than lasting as eventually people began to create their own line of currency and began over looking such an arrangement within the area. Not to the fault of Noji, but it could be the sign of a stronger power than even he could oversee.

Still, seeing him here meant nothing but trouble from the outlaws, and that was enough to make her cautious....among other things...

"Come now...we had left things on such a good note Arashi....can we not at least show some semblance of trust?"

"No...what are ya doin here?"

"Clearly not...I am here on a job...I would not leave home for anything else..."

Noji would frown as he brushed the dust from his jacket, allowing himself a brief moment to collect himself as he began.

"My employers hired me to look into this place for blue prints...granted..I would have considered otherwise had I known they were occupied...You must be on hard times your family..."

"Cut the shit...who hired you?"

"Now now...I would be a poor smuggler if I gave away my employer...and besides...it isn't as if I would lose anything in being in your company for a while longer..."

"I can think of a few things ya could lose..."

Arashi would then click her tongue as she spoke again. At the very least, Noji was under the assumption that she might have what he's looking for. Despite her lacking it, it could be the opening she needed to get more information if she pretended she did. It was worth a shot anyway...

"Those blueprints are important...so I wouldn't go hoping that I'd just give em to you..."

"Of course...of course...I would never expect as such...but...my employer would not be so keen on me returning without them..."

"Sounds tough...not my problem though..."

Noji would then pout before holding up one hand as he continued to speak.

"Fine...I see...you are upset...I remind you that you were the one to wish me to silence after our last meeting..."

"What last meeting?"

"It is okay....do not speak more on it...I understand your hatred...the passion of a kiss goodbye is one that lingers on from a lover such as myself..."

Arashi's face would show clear distain for a moment, realizing soon after whom he was referring to before then shaking her head. After all, the last time they had seen each other was in Sekara. If there had been another encounter, it wasn't with her...but with the Damiyo's daughter...who was now engaged to be married.

"Hate to break it to ya....but whoever ya kissed is currently engaged to be married so...yea..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obsession in Denial[C.A/Open]Apr 5, 2024 7:20:34 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obsession in Denial

TAG.

WORDS. 500

NOTES:

While Noji seemed to give off an expression of disbelief in what he was hearing, upon realizing the seriousness of the woman's own expression, he'd finally relent in a less than mature way.

"Hmph...well..I guess I meant nothing to her then...though I never knew you had a sister..."

"I do...not that you'll see her...."

Arashi would clearly be showing signs of annoyance at this back and forth, finally drawing the blade closer as she narrowed her eyes.

"Name...now..."

"Fine....ugh...They are a group know by the Jade Vipers...small time really...just a bunch of old men who wish for relieved glory....though one seems to be familiar with the concept of dealing with hawks..."

Raising her brow, Arashi would sigh before reeling back as she began to shift the shape of the blade and creating the symbol she had found in the ruined village.

"Did any of them wear something like this?"

Noji would closely examine the design before him, shrugging his shoulders before then releasing a breath of his own.

"Perhaps...though I imagine something like that is more so connected to monks or a sect of some kind...I would not know anything of that...but the Vipers...they are the ones seeking your blueprints...now then...."

In saying this, he'd draw his weapon before looking at Arashi with a small smile.

"I do apologize Princess...but I will be needing those blue prints...I'd be happy to simply trace them if they are of such value..."

Seeing the weapon, Arashi would keep her gaze set upon him as he began to move forward.

"I advise handing them over...my friends are waiting above...and I imagine they would notice if I do not come about with them in a few moments..."

"Fair point...guess ya win..."

In holding her hands up as if in surrender, the young woman would wait for Noji to draw themselves in closer, allowing them to be inches away from her. Yet as they reached in towards her waist, he'd find a heavy strike meet the side of his head, knocking him unconscious as he slumped against the ground.

"Ya lucky I owe ya one..."

Looking his frame over, she'd hear the noises coming from above and began to quickly bite down into her thumb.

She wouldn't be able to pull off such a move on her own, but she knew someone who could. She just hoped that they could answer her summons in time.

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Stray Pack

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obsession in Denial[C.A/Open]Apr 6, 2024 5:02:08 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obsession in Denial

TAG.

WORDS. 500

NOTES:

There was rarely a moment where Arashi felt that she needed to call upon the Tanuki group for assistance. In truth, often involving them in anything usually led to one form of trouble or another. Still, their abilities were unmatched when it came to transformation and infiltration. Not to mention that they held other gifts that made them valuable as aids. Though in the end, they weren't exactly the most reliable. Or at least, some of them weren't. So it was her hope that in reaching out, she'd possibly get one that could very much be of assistance in this moment.

Though what she got was perhaps more than she bargained for...

As she placed her hand down upon the surface, the summoning circle would flare into view before fading quickly, releasing a puff of smoke and causing a large creature to appear. As the seven foot Shinko looked to her, she'd recognize the elder of the creatures, hearing him laugh loudly before she quickly reached up to cover their mouth.

"SHH!"

"Hmmm? Oh...I see you've managed to reach a point where you are in need Lady Arashi..."

"Sorta...Can you pretend to be that guy over there?"

As she pointed toward the unconscious Noji, the Tanuki elder would nod as he focused his sights upon the young human. Within moments, Shinko's features and body began to shift and change, prompting him to appear now as if he were the original. Even his focus seemed to match perfectly.

"So...what am I doing?"

"I need you to pretend to be a smuggler...say you have the blueprints, but their locked away on me so I have to be taken with you..."

"This seems like a long way to get information young lady..."

Narrowing her eyes, the older raccoon would sigh as he then began to make his way toward the opening, yelling out toward it as if to speak.

"Yoohoo! I have what we're looking for...only theres a problem!"

Looking back toward Arashi, the young female would allow her appearance to shift as well, her Sand armor taking on a new shape around her as it appeared as if nothing more than a frail dress and nothing more. Removing her shoes, she'd then take off her tiara and place it upon the work bench, messing up her hair as she nodded back toward the creature as they began to move back to the surface.

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-
NAME: Kuchiyose no Jutsu [Summoning Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low - Very High depending on summon.
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:
One of the most common and beneficial techniques in the known shinobi world. Simply drawing blood and releasing a mass of chakra from one's extended hand is capable of calling an animal or otherwise to one's location. As a Space-Time Ninjutsu, this technique is capable of instantly displacing an intended summon from wherever they may be to the requested location, though there are obstacles that can prevent this. To use this jutsu, one must first make a contract with whatever they are summoning, living creature or not. Both the size and the stamina of what a shinobi calls upon increases the demand of chakra they must spend to perform the jutsu.
X-Shinko

NAME: Suna no Yoroi [ Sand Armor]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Jiton
DESCRIPTION:
Using this technique, the user can cover himself in a compacted layer of Sand, providing an additional physical defense. Though quite effective, maintaining the armour requires a large amount of chakra and stamina. Not only this, but it is nowhere near as resilient as the sand shield, since it easily breaks away upon impact, indicating that the sole purpose of the armour is to absorb impact channelled unto the user's body during battle. Another weakness is the additional weight of the sand which leads to decreased levels of speed and mobility

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Obsession in Denial[C.A/Open]Apr 7, 2024 4:10:26 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Obsession in Denial

TAG.

WORDS. 500

NOTES:

What awaited Arashi at the surface was a similar band much like the scavangers she and Ameko encountered days ago, only much more uniformed in their appearance. As they were stamped with the symbol of a snake, Arashi came to the clear conclusion of their relation to the Jade Vipers. Of course, it wasn't much of a mystery to begin with considering Noji's employment.

As Shinko moved his disguised form into formation with the others, he'd gesture toward the poorly dressed Jounin and indicate what he meant.

"See...this girl happens to have the blueprints, but the problem is that they are now sealed in her...scary stuff huh?"

While one man looked toward him, the other would frown before approaching Arashi with a serious expression.

"Poor mistake girl!"

"It....it wasn't my fault! I was told that it was important!"

Arashi would allow herself to appear small and weak before the man, her head turned as her hands close to her chest in fear.

Appearance was everything in attempting infiltration, and if she looked and acted the part of someone who was defenseless, it was far easier to get pulled in. Especially when the opposition wished to display itself as the stronger party. With a heavy slap crossing her face, the young woman would fall over to her knees, reeling slightly from the blow before feeling her arm being pulled upward.

"Ain't got time for this shit!"

"Whatcha wanna do?"

As he turned to look toward his men. The group of twelve would appear silent as the large man would seem to effortlessly lift Arashi up by her arm, shoving her forward and to the ground opposite of him.

"Let the boss decide....we gotta move before the militia shows up! Move!"

In feeling herself dragged up to her feet, she'd look back as the man gave Shinko a bag of ryo and then began to follow after them, leading to her narrowing her eyes as she felt herself being pulled away.

While certainly not the first time she'd been kidnapped, it was one of those rare occasions where she felt in control of the situation. After all...they were going to be guiding her right to where she wanted to go.

With the figures seeming to disappear further into the desert, Shinko would wait until they were fully out of sight, his body transforming back into that of a large Tanuki before releasing his breath.

"I best inform someone of this..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-
NAME: Kuchiyose no Jutsu [Summoning Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low - Very High depending on summon.
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:
One of the most common and beneficial techniques in the known shinobi world. Simply drawing blood and releasing a mass of chakra from one's extended hand is capable of calling an animal or otherwise to one's location. As a Space-Time Ninjutsu, this technique is capable of instantly displacing an intended summon from wherever they may be to the requested location, though there are obstacles that can prevent this. To use this jutsu, one must first make a contract with whatever they are summoning, living creature or not. Both the size and the stamina of what a shinobi calls upon increases the demand of chakra they must spend to perform the jutsu.
X-Shinko

NAME: Suna no Yoroi [ Sand Armor]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Jiton
DESCRIPTION:
Using this technique, the user can cover himself in a compacted layer of Sand, providing an additional physical defense. Though quite effective, maintaining the armour requires a large amount of chakra and stamina. Not only this, but it is nowhere near as resilient as the sand shield, since it easily breaks away upon impact, indicating that the sole purpose of the armour is to absorb impact channelled unto the user's body during battle. Another weakness is the additional weight of the sand which leads to decreased levels of speed and mobility

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS