compose a reply
On One Hand [Training/Tokaku]Mar 24, 2024 17:48:59 GMT -5
Uchiha Izusa
Duty. Always.
Uchiha Izusa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday January 15 rank Chūnin occupation Academy Instructor

Turn if you may, from

Self-improvement, both mentally and physically, was a gradual, often difficult road for one to tread.

Genuine effort was important, but even the most motivated person couldn't force themselves to simply become better. It took practice, time, and most importantly of all: a capacity for reflection to achieve true progress.

Izusa had always been introspective, and he had the will to train and experience under his belt. Still, he'd hit a roadblock in his own development. "I've been so focused on my students that I neglected my own training." He thought, standing alone at one of Konoha's many training grounds. It wasn't an excuse— only an explanation.

One that he would need to rectify immediately. Opposite him, a wooden dummy many meters away was riddled with shuriken and kunai. His shurikenjutsu was fine... but what he really needed was a partner. Someone to test his own reflexes against to really drive his training home. The Sharingan granted him superior perception already.

Now, he had to make sure his body could keep up with its enhanced sight. "The last time I rigged launchers I almost ended up at the hospital..." Bloodied, full of holes, the works. Izusa wasn't against extreme measures if the situation called for it, but he preferred more reasonable methods. Safer, less foolish ones if at all possible. "I would ask Reiashi... but he's probably too busy these days to spar." He mused to himself, whipping a shuriken at the target.

It struck near the center with a dull thud and sank in. "And Sagara's away on a mission." A small frown crossed his face, then he closed his eyes and sighed. It'd been too long since he cut loose fully in a match. He needed a challenge.

A proper one, and soon, to make sure he'd not lost his edge. "Hm..."

Yenga has written 121 posts
On One Hand [Training/Tokaku]Mar 25, 2024 8:36:08 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team Member

Tokaku needed more partners to test and work her new ability on. She required perfection in this aspect, as she did with any of her other skills. This skill as her others, present and future were vital to her overall strategy and skill set. Being able to cast jutsu with one hand gave her many options in combat, such as being able to cast jutsu less obviously for example. Like using her long sleeves that covered her hands to hide her seals for sneak attacks.

Or, if her hands were occupied she could still cast jutsu as another example. As she searched for a proper opponent, she’d find a certain someone, a blush creeping on her face when she did. She shook her head to clear her head. That was a weird sensation. She’d have to think about it later. He was practicing his shurikenjutsu on a dummy. Of course he needed a friend to spar with, that much was obvious.

Walking up closer, she would approach from behind with her hands in her pockets. "Looks like you could use someone to train with, Izusa-san.” She said in a nicer tone than she usually did, trying to drop her monotone voice a little bit more. She found it was easier with Izusa. He seemed to get her unlike many others. Probably why she could drop her guard down around him so easily.

He made her feel comfortable, which was nice.

TAG: @
HEX: #b54a50
NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]
The girl unlocked her Sharingan after teammates died in the last chuunin exams she was in, her mother died after the chuunin exams ended. The trauma has given her One Tomoe in both of her eyes. They allow her to see chakra in color, although not as good as a Byakugan. It also gives her a better view of the actions of her opponent, although not as good as a Two or Three Tomoe Sharingan. It can help her keep track of movements well enough to aid her in combat, nonetheless.

Chakra Control
Tokaku always had good chakra control and only perfected it as she’s now gotten older. It helps her keep up with the toll of jutsus, by using almost just the right amount of chakra.

Kenjutsu Princess
So she could handle close range and also so she could eventually learn how to use a White Chakra Blade which her other clan is infamous for– Hatake Toshizou taught her how to use most types of swords in spite of her true skills in genjutsu and ninjutsu. She has been training for a few years nearly nonstop in practicing kenjutsu since she was first taught. Currently, her overall physicality and skill for using kenjutsu is boosted enough to where she is more than capable of keeping up with most other kenjutsu practitioners

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

Ember has written 177 posts
On One Hand [Training/Tokaku]Mar 26, 2024 13:10:51 GMT -5
Uchiha Izusa
Duty. Always.
Uchiha Izusa Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday January 15 rank Chūnin occupation Academy Instructor

Battles never done, I call

As he stood there, seemingly deep in thought, a familiar voice brought his attention around.

Uchiha Tokaku, a pleasant surprise if he'd ever seen one and just maybe a solution to his problem. "Tokaku-chan." He greeted the girl with a smile and a nod, "Is it that obvious?" Izusa asked, raising a hand to rub his chin bashfully.

Like most of his outward gestures, it was a mere pantomime, but the act of expressing such emotions to put others at ease had become habit by this point. "I could use one, though." He admitted, taking in her appearance. She seemed... stronger, like she'd been putting in more work. Which made sense considering recent events. "Care to oblige?"

The instructor's right hand moved to grip the tsuka of his katana, slowly drawing it like he had the last time they trained together. "If she really has grown..." He thought, his gaze sharpening. "...then I won't need to hold back as much this time around." While it was true he'd hit something of a brick wall in regards to development, he was himself on the cusp of improving. Soon enough he'd be up for a promotion, and from there... "Upwards, it seems."

Not simply for power's sake, but to better serve Konohagakure. To aid his clan, as well. "I saw your bouts at the Chūnin Exams." Izusa said, spacing his feet apart and lowering his center of gravity just slightly. "You've improved."

Just as she'd said before, this time around had been different. No debilitating injury, no great loss, just gradual progress earned through the sweat of her brow. Pride, among most other emotions, wasn't something he typically experienced... but when it came to his students, or the people he cared about, he couldn't help but feel a tinge of it.

Izusa's smile faded just slightly as he readied himself, tightening his grip on his sword. "Ready?" The girl's blush didn't go unnoticed, and he had an inkling as to why... but he couldn't be certain, so he chose not to acknowledge it.

If his suspicion was right, he'd only disappoint. He was too hollow, too burdened by duty for that sort of thing. 

Yenga has written 121 posts
On One Hand [Training/Tokaku]Apr 14, 2024 1:34:02 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team Member

Tokaku simply nodded when he asked if it was that obvious that he needed a sparring partner. "For someone who knows you, yes, it is.” She replied honestly. She wasn't that bad at reading people. It was easier than it was for her to express her emotions properly. When he asked if he wanted to be his sparring partner she nodded with the slightest smirk creeping up her lips. "Of course. Any time, any place.” Tokaku replied before pulling out her katana, twirling it in her hand before activating her Sharingan. She noticed he also had activated his Sharingan, from the start of the battle at that. This meant he was going to be taking this seriously. Good, she needed it.

"I know I've improved. However, I wish I was given time to recharge my chakra in order to be at full strength when I fought Shinde-chan and then the second battle. I could've easily won both. Especially during my match with Ataru-kun and Uriko-chan. I know for sure I could've beaten them both on my own in fact. Not many genin are even close to my level.” Tokaku explained nonchalantly. "Why I hope I get my promotion. I'm tired of being treated at a rank I surpassed long ago. It's embarrassing and an insult to my skills.” Tokaku added, annoyed with Kizumi-sama seemingly treating her like a child because she couldn't fully understand her.

"Ready when you are…” Tokaku said, getting in a slightly different stance as she held her blade in only one hand and had her other hand free to try and make handseals.

TAG: @
HEX: #b54a50
NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]
The girl unlocked her Sharingan after teammates died in the last chuunin exams she was in, her mother died after the chuunin exams ended. The trauma has given her One Tomoe in both of her eyes. They allow her to see chakra in color, although not as good as a Byakugan. It also gives her a better view of the actions of her opponent, although not as good as a Two or Three Tomoe Sharingan. It can help her keep track of movements well enough to aid her in combat, nonetheless.

Chakra Control
Tokaku always had good chakra control and only perfected it as she’s now gotten older. It helps her keep up with the toll of jutsus, by using almost just the right amount of chakra.

Kenjutsu Princess
So she could handle close range and also so she could eventually learn how to use a White Chakra Blade which her other clan is infamous for– Hatake Toshizou taught her how to use most types of swords in spite of her true skills in genjutsu and ninjutsu. She has been training for a few years nearly nonstop in practicing kenjutsu since she was first taught. Currently, her overall physicality and skill for using kenjutsu is boosted enough to where she is more than capable of keeping up with most other kenjutsu practitioners

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

Ember has written 177 posts