Once Dwelt in that Annihilated Place [Aiya, Shodaime]

compose a reply
Once Dwelt in that Annihilated Place [Aiya, Shodaime]Mar 26, 2024 3:15:41 GMT -5
Ishikawa Ren
Do every act as though it were the last.
Ishikawa Ren Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday November 23rd rank Chuunin occupation Lord's Assistant
     The incessant patter of rain upon the hospital windows did not reach through to him, despite being the tell that he was home. Ren still laid silent, motionless. The room was grey, dark, illuminated only by the overcast cloud-shrouded sunlight that pierced through the curtains.

Overhead medical lights fluttered to life, bathing the comatose Ren in white. The newly-christened Chuunin's face was blank, remaining eye closed - the left was a ruined wreck, the lower lid shredded, the eye itself utterly destroyed. Dried, caked blood coated his cheek and ran down to his split and torn lips.

The young man's chest was a tapestry of cuts, the skin painted red and black and blue. There were deep stabs, crevice-like slashes, and most predominantly, a large brand of Jashin burnt deeply over his heart. A larger version had been savagely cut into his back.

His arms and legs were likewise ruined - the right leg in particular was shattered, mangled, only held together by a simple splint. His toes and some of his fingers were missing entirely - those that remained had had nails driven into them, as other parts of his body had as well. The blood loss alone was quite bad, and though he'd been stabilized on the way to Amegakure, it was almost a miracle he was even alive at all.

Whatever raucous noises filled the surgical room or the hospital halls, he could not hear. The Sixth's protege and assistant had retreated into a world all his own, pursued by a revenant he knew as Jashin.

Phantasm has written 210 posts
Once Dwelt in that Annihilated Place [Aiya, Shodaime]Mar 26, 2024 13:37:49 GMT -5
Takehara Aiya
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Takehara Aiya Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 31 years old birthday rank Elite Jounin occupation Head Medical Operative
O nce Dwelt in thatAnnihilated Place
"Ah ...and so our new champion comes to death's door ..."

Aiya would look over the wounded shinobi with a calm expression, allow a smirk to cross her face as her hand rested at her side. Looking at what had to be done, he was indeed a wreck of a young man. Even most newly christened Chunin returned from the exams with no more than bruises and battle scars. While perhaps not to prettiest gifts for victory, they were none so intense at what laid before her on the operating table. Perhaps it was the boon of his God that he had made it here at all with the lack of true medical care that came from those who attempted it's practice in the exams, but his sedation was likely the only thing preventing him from feeling the full impact of his injuries.

"Quite the little mess you are..."

Leaning over him, she'd then cup her hands beneath her face, smiling as she gently stroked his head with her hand, tussling his stray locks before then grinning as she looked to the side.

"Still...I imagine the other looks just as well off as you...take comfort in that...as much as you can..."

Experience at taught her that those that hung to life in such dire moments were capable of hearing the voice of those stood close. In that, her hope was at least to raise a small bit of his spirits, for he'd need it if he were to make it through this.

"Oh dear....unless they don't...in that case...I imagine that would infuriate you to some measure..."

As her smile faded at this possibility, she'd then sigh before shaking her head.

"In the end...take heart in knowing that should you perish on my table it will be with some comfort...unless you hold ill will against having a foreigner aid in your recovery..."

The Hyuga would be here soon she imagined, but it was hardly a question of if she needed her skills. A traitor walked among them, and while she was cleared to serve in the village, Aiya was never one to forget those that betray their own. If nothing else, it just made her a good liar and just as easily able to stab another in the back.

"Only time will tell...though before we begin...I do wish to tell you that should you fall...you will be remembered as all shinobi are...poorly...but I'm certain that Jashin will forgive you.."

In a mocking show of prayer, the dark haired woman would then begin to make her way toward a bowl of water and cloth, taking the liquid into her hands as she began to scrub them and make ready for what was to come.

[-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Tag: | Words: | Notes:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
last edit by Takehara Aiya on Mar 26, 2024 13:38:56 GMT -5
Kaze has written 53 posts
Once Dwelt in that Annihilated Place [Aiya, Shodaime]Mar 31, 2024 22:32:35 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
I will protect everyone, no matter the cost!
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 38 years old birthday 09/22 rank Jōnin occupation Head Medic
Shodaime had been brought back into action right as she arrived back in Amegakure after the Chunin exams had concluded. She was informed to head to the hospital immediately to help in assisting Aiya, the head medic, with the injuries that Ishikawa Ren had sustained. It had been a long long time since she had seen taken care of someone with such serious injuries. The last serious injury she remembered taking care of was when she was still the head medic of Konoha, having to deal with a rapidly learning poison that would continue to spread through the body. Funny enough the poison had originated from near Amegakure. Maybe it had always been faith that had brought her here because of that. It wouldn't be long before Shodaime walked through the doors of the hospital and enter where they wanted her to assess the damage that had been done to Ren. Though she had been approved by Sansosuke to properly serve the village, she still felt wary of what people around her thought. She knew that Sanosuke was fine with it because he trusted her, but Aiya looked like she never trusted her from the moment she arrived in the village. She wanted to prove to everyone to trust her, like she had to do in Konoha. Shodaime would arrive to where she was needed and immediately begin to examine the situation using her Byakugan. Multiple deep cuts in the chest, a multitude of stabs all over, a branding on his heart that she had never seen before in anyone and a similar branding cut into his back. All of his bones in his legs and arms were broken, with some missing fingers. It was a wonder how he was even still alive.

"I've never seen anyone this bad before, what the hell happened to him?"

Shodaime would ask Aiya as she, finished looking over what they were dealing with.
Shodaime has written 355 posts
Once Dwelt in that Annihilated Place [Aiya, Shodaime]Apr 4, 2024 2:51:52 GMT -5
Takehara Aiya
Takehara Aiya Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"Ah ...Truly?...I'd imagine someone of your Former position would be used to seeing patients in such condition...a pity..."

In seeing Shodaime approach the table, her question of what happened to to boy was answered in the woman's usual tone of discontent, of course, it wasn't something that she need worry over. Often when it came to matters related to the injured or the dying, she wasn't exactly cheerful or content. Still, considering the woman's position in being somewhat of a den mother to the Hyuuga, there was a bit of snark in her voice as she scuffed slightly.

"The boy had a harrowing experience on his return from the Exams....I had hoped that perhaps you'd been previewed to it...extensive damage the body, torn ligaments and muscle....surgically done...I'd be impressed if it were done on a model..."

Gesturing to the side, she'd then close her eyes before cupping her hand beneath her face...

"Jashinist attacks usually don't linger on suffering for long and in the end...they often put the victim out of their misery as a sacrifice...he's fortunate that he had help...still. Much of the damage is excessive..."

Ren had literally been butchered to a great degree and it was as if the assault had been similar to a mouse playing with their prey. It was interesting...that much Aiya could agree with, reminding her similarly of something she might consider doing to someone in the past. Still, to wish was only to waste.

"I would advise we save what we can and piece together what we have in order to provide stability and at least some semblance of life. In the end, he can at least be half of himself...much of it would need to be grafted on from skin tissue and donation we have in stock...do you agree?"

Glancing toward Shodaime, she'd then raise her brow as she awaited her response, prompting her to begin preparing to begin as she nodded her head to the sink.

"Hope you enjoy standing...we will be here for some time..."

[-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Once Dwelt in that Annihilated Place [Aiya, Shodaime]Apr 7, 2024 0:13:40 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"What I mean was I'm not used to people coming back with Jashinist markings and such precision done in their injuries of another person. This feels preplanned, like they really wanted him to suffer completely and not have any chance of recovery."

Shodaime would say to Aiya. She knew that Aiya was being her usual uncheerful self and that was something she grew to learn about and understand about the woman. Ever since she first arrived in the village in a hospital bed, did Aiya have the attitude with Shodaime.

"There's so much damage, limbs shattered, fingers and toes completely blown off. Eye destroyed. I'll do everything I can to help him, but I don't even know if I have the expertise to deal with the Jashinist Brandings. I've never seen anything like those, but I wouldn't want to tamper with something like this if it would compromise the health and safety of him."

Shodaime would say as she moved to the sink to sanitize her hands and begin treatment to help Ren out. She then would go over to Ren and begin to work, reattaching whatever remaining toes and fingers they were able to recover and using Accelerated healing to allow Ren's body to work to help him heal a little bit faster. She would also have a nurse bring over blood bags to begin a blood transfusion for him to regain some of the lost blood.

SA Used:
Kekkei Genkai: Byakugan
Shodaime, being a member of the Side Branch was born with the milky white eyes her clan was famous for. Like others of her clan, the Byakugan granted her enhanced vision.

This vision is telescopic, allowing users to see through solid objects such as Smoke screens and walls. Arguably its greatest ability is to see chakra in all its nature, including its flow and the circulation system inside the body with great detail as well as the colour of chakra; giving them the ability to discern clones from the original. Like the Sharingan and Rinnegan, the Byakugan can detect chakra sealed barriers as well as determine when genjutsu is being used.

Having lived and trained most of her life, her byakugan allows her around 7-8 km range wise.

Enhanced Chakra Control
Having been born into the Hyūga clan and trained in medical ninjutsu, Shodaime has shown to be proficient in controlling her chakra. Whether it be used in gentle fist techniques to disable opponents or in medical procedures to save a person's life, she's able to use her chakra more efficiently through this. Her ability to control and execute techniques with limited resources have proven to display an understanding of control over her own supply of internal energy and granted her the ability to make each strike count, knowing full well that it might be her last attempt at making an impact against a pressing opponent.

Adept Medical Training
Every since her accident in her first Chunin Exams, Shodaime had made a commitment to become proficient in medical techniques. Not only to help herself from getting harmed in battle, but to help everyone who needs it. This knowledge allows her to use many medical ninjutsu and techniques effectively that can save lives on and off the field of battle. Though she may have been training in the field for about 20 years, there are still things she has to learn to become even better.

Justsu Used:

NAME: Hayai Chiyu [Accelerated Healing]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [Medical]
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 2
REQUIREMENT: Chakra Control SA, Medical Training SA
DESCRIPTION:
By imbuing acceptable portions of their own chakra into healing chakra, the user is able to increase the rate in which blood platelets travel through the bloodstream to arrive at a damaged area, quickly clotting the wound to lessen the amount of blood lost. However, it is unable to completely mend severe injuries and only provides a temporary solution until professional aid is located.
Once Dwelt in that Annihilated Place [Aiya, Shodaime]Apr 11, 2024 1:48:18 GMT -5
Takehara Aiya
Takehara Aiya Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"The symbolization of Death and Destruction...Kali I believe...I did always find it amusing that they celebrate their god with a circle and a triangle...I do have to ask the inspiration for such a calling card when I have an opportunity to meet such an individual. Granted...I assume such a chance would be rare as they hardly ever see an operating room. Immortality is such a boon for health care..."

Aiya would look over the diagram across Ren's chest, her expression remaining unphased as the Hyuuga began to work toward putting the pieces together of what remained. While Shodaime was concerned with working towards healing the branding, Aiya would begin to examine the marker and shake her head before then placing her own palm against Ren's chest. Releasing a pulse from her chakra into that of the boy's body, her expression remained the same as she spoke.

"The marker isn't by any indication harmful. If nothing else, it is defining the level of sacrifice our patient is classified. No harm should come from touching it...per say..."

Even Aiya would admit that this was an area she had limited exposure to. In fact, save for random knowledge of the group, their history was still somewhat of a mystery. They were a cult by no limit of definition, but aside from that, they were still a conflicting abnormal display of humanity. The ability to have eternal life, usage of blood offerings. All quite seemed extortionary in all sense of the imagination.

As the two work toward mending the boy, Aiya would stop briefly as she could see the branding slowly start to heal over, but more remained.

"Grafting skin tissue to area of infliction...are you able to extract a thin layer of skin from the leg?"

[-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-
The Soothing Touch[Medical Training S.A]
Having a natural affinity toward healing, Aiya has gained insight into the human body with years of study and experience from the field. This gives her a comprehensive understanding of Medical Ninjutsu, allowing for the effects granted by them to be more potent and largely successful. This grants her access to techniques that are more so complex and enable her to further increase her understand of these techniques to better use them in aid and service of others. This knowledge has given her aid in not only developing treatments, but also effect poisons in which to cause various effects on a group or a single individual to hamper the effectiveness of their bodies and minds.

NAME: Myakudou [Pulse]
HANDSEALS: 0
REQUIREMENT: Chakra Control SA, Medical Training SA
DESCRIPTION:
The user sends a pulse of healing chakra from his/her core outward through the rest of the body. This pulse reads thoroughly one's entire body, detecting any harmful statuses and foreign substances present--whether it be a poison that was drank or a simple flu virus newly acquainted with the lungs--regardless of the user's realization of any symptoms. The pulse used requires perfect knowledge of one's own body--hence why it cannot be accurately used on another person. If a harmful substance or chemical is deliberately crafted to mask its presence from a human's immune system, it is possible that more than one pulse will be required to detect it and pin down its exact location. The user's background and study of poisons will determine the detail that he/she can glean about what the substance/entity is and its effects as well as how to best remedy it. This technique is notably handy on the battlefield given that it doesn't require handseals to execute--just a bit of focus.

NAME: Shuuwai no Jutsu [Grafting Technique]
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Ninjutsu
REQUIREMENT: Perfect Chakra Control SA, Medical Knowledge SA
DESCRIPTION:
The primary use for this technique is that it allows a skilled medic to replace limbs or organs with medically engineered biological prosthetics. This technique utilizes medical chakra to connect the nerves of a limb/organ to the rest of the body and forces the body to accept foreign tissue. This allows medics to create biological prosthetics that can enhance the body rather much like the artificial prosthetics that exist.

This jutsu can also be used as a combat replacement for Hitode Zōki Fukkō [Starfish Organ Rebirth] and Sanshōo no Shishi Tanjō [Salamander Limb Regrowth], primarily because it's less costly to transplant an organ or limb from a corpse than it is to create a brand new organ or limb. The only true challenge is removing the donor limb or organ from an appropriate corpse, which requires the corpse be fresh enough that rigor mortis hasn't set in yet. While the jutsu can be utilized in combat, this isn't the jutsu's primary purpose.

Note: A set of special limbs or organs that provide abilities, are applied for just like typical prosthetics; and they count as medical items when it comes to the Weapon Rules/Restrictions. The only difference is that instead of being made out of metal or some other material, these prosthetics and enhancements are created in a lab, acquired on the battlefield from corpses, or taken from a cadaver contained in a corpse scroll.

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
last edit by Takehara Aiya on Apr 11, 2024 1:48:46 GMT -5
Once Dwelt in that Annihilated Place [Aiya, Shodaime]Apr 16, 2024 1:20:57 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime would nod at Aika as she began to cut a small layer of skin from Ren's leg to be able to graft onto areas that had been branded by the Jashinist. It would take sometime but eventually she would be able to take just enough skin to be able to graft onto those areas affected carefully and thinly slicing thin slayers of skin with a chakra scalpel. Shodaime would eventually move on to work on his completely destroyed eye. Sadly, there was no way of saving it, it had been completely destroyed and had to be removed. It seemed that Ren either had to wear an eyepatch or a glass eye for the rest of his life. Using what she had, Shodaime would severe the damaged eye and the optic nerve and remove it from Ren's eye socket using a pair of forceps. She then would bandage the area where his eye used to reside.

"A shame that the eye was too damaged, looks like he will have to train around a lack of depth perception." Shodaime would say as she finished bandage up Ren's eye socket. She would continue to monitor that he was getting enough blood from the transfusions, putting him back at normal levels before the attack.

SA Used:
Kekkei Genkai: Byakugan
Shodaime, being a member of the Side Branch was born with the milky white eyes her clan was famous for. Like others of her clan, the Byakugan granted her enhanced vision.

This vision is telescopic, allowing users to see through solid objects such as Smoke screens and walls. Arguably its greatest ability is to see chakra in all its nature, including its flow and the circulation system inside the body with great detail as well as the colour of chakra; giving them the ability to discern clones from the original. Like the Sharingan and Rinnegan, the Byakugan can detect chakra sealed barriers as well as determine when genjutsu is being used.

Having lived and trained most of her life, her byakugan allows her around 7-8 km range wise.

Enhanced Chakra Control
Having been born into the Hyūga clan and trained in medical ninjutsu, Shodaime has shown to be proficient in controlling her chakra. Whether it be used in gentle fist techniques to disable opponents or in medical procedures to save a person's life, she's able to use her chakra more efficiently through this. Her ability to control and execute techniques with limited resources have proven to display an understanding of control over her own supply of internal energy and granted her the ability to make each strike count, knowing full well that it might be her last attempt at making an impact against a pressing opponent.

Adept Medical Training
Every since her accident in her first Chunin Exams, Shodaime had made a commitment to become proficient in medical techniques. Not only to help herself from getting harmed in battle, but to help everyone who needs it. This knowledge allows her to use many medical ninjutsu and techniques effectively that can save lives on and off the field of battle. Though she may have been training in the field for about 20 years, there are still things she has to learn to become even better.

Justsu Used:

NAME: Chakura no Mesu - [Chakra Scalpel]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low [Continuous]
REQUIREMENT: Enhanced Chakra Control
ELEMENT: N/a
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:
After forming the needed handseals, the ninja will focus chakra to his or her hands. When his or her charged hands reach the body of the target, the user can use it as a normal scalpel or even extend the chakra internally into the target's body to cut and neatly slice the target's muscles and blood vessels without harming the surface skin. This technique can be used in battle, but because of its hectic nature, the fine precision required for an instant kill is not feasible. Damage can still be done to the vital organs, but the technique should be used carefully in battle.
Once Dwelt in that Annihilated Place [Aiya, Shodaime]Apr 16, 2024 23:24:58 GMT -5
Takehara Aiya
Takehara Aiya Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"The lack of clear sight was likely his undoing...I imagine this loss will not impact him as much as what counts more...his life will continue..hampered as it may be..."

Critical as her comment may have been, she would remain her usual self in seeing the picture of life and it's renewed health as a far greater gain than what was sacrificed to keep it. Though she was certain that the boy would not see it that way, considering the amount of pain he had gone through in such an experience.

"The young was so quick to see little importance of such things...if it bothers him so much, I imagine he will find a way to remedy it..."

Glancing over as she saw the thin layer of skin offered to her, she'd nod her head before accepting it and finishing the grafting process of placing it over the marked area across Ren's chest. In truth, the recovery of such a deep impact would be swift, though the matter of his pride would likely be the key factor in the full removal of such a reminder. Though medicine was not an area for such theoretical thinking.

She had yet to see a scar that was mentally removed by will-power alone....

As it appeared that the frontal sections of the youth had started to reach their mending point, Aiya would then place her hand gently upon Ren's shoulder, turning him ever so slightly as she noted the damage on his back healing as well.

"Recovery is nearly complete....how does his level of fluids in regards to self-consistency?"

Raising her brow, the dark haired woman would then prepare for what she'd have to do next, her eyes seeming focused as she began to focus chakra slowly into her core as she turned his head over so slightly to the left, looking toward his neck.

[-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-
Having a natural affinity toward healing, Aiya has gained insight into the human body with years of study and experience from the field. This gives her a comprehensive understanding of Medical Ninjutsu, allowing for the effects granted by them to be more potent and largely successful. This grants her access to techniques that are more so complex and enable her to further increase her understand of these techniques to better use them in aid and service of others. This knowledge has given her aid in not only developing treatments, but also effect poisons in which to cause various effects on a group or a single individual to hamper the effectiveness of their bodies and minds.

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Once Dwelt in that Annihilated Place [Aiya, Shodaime]Apr 18, 2024 22:18:42 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime would observe as the last blood bag was taken off as the blood transfusion had completed. He was in the clear for now in terms of blood.

"He should be fine for now, we should clean him up and then let him rest on his own, he needs to get his strength back."

Shodaime would say as she took a damp towel and began to wipe off the dried blood from the wounds that the have healed and any that was there when he was first brought in. It was the least she could do to make sure he was presentable looking even if he was going to be in a hospital bed for the next few weeks. She would continue to wipe the dried blood up until it was all gone, only leaving the bruises Ren had sustained during his encounter with the Jashinist. He was far from perfect, but he should be able to make a full recovery.
Once Dwelt in that Annihilated Place [Aiya, Shodaime]Apr 19, 2024 1:28:50 GMT -5
Takehara Aiya
Takehara Aiya Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"Indeed therefore we should ensure his best chances...."

In saying this, Aiya would bite down into the boy's neck, allowing her chakra to flow directly into his body as she influenced it with a direct method. Granted, an extreme measure, but considering his odds of survival even with their best merits, a boost to increase those chances could be afforded this once. With this act completed, she'd allow for her head to raise itself before then reaching over to her gown, lifting it's edge to her lips as she wiped them gently.

"Such is the gift of medicine...we defy the death god of yet another victim..."

That said, the dark haired female would smile before moving toward the sink as to aid in cleaning Ren and they would soon begin to move him into the recovery room close by. It would take some time before he was fully himself, but it was no longer within their hands in how he accepted this victory.

Once settled, Aiya would then look toward Shodaime with a calm expression, her brow raised as she then looked to the side with a frown.

"I am a big enough woman to admit when I see good work...I do not judge individuals solely on their past...but I am mindful of their influence toward their future..."

Closing her eyes, Aiya would then begin to make her way out of the room.

"Do not waste the chance you have been given here Hyuga Shodaime...for death waits in far more closer regions than your previous homeland..."

[-Jutsu Used-
NAME: Kami Kizu o Iyasu [Heal Bite]
CHAKRA USAGE: Self: Medium | Others: High
REQUIREMENT: Chakra Control SA, Chakra Ijou no Jutsu [Chakra transfer Technique]
DESCRIPTION:
Kami Kizu o Iyasu can heal life-threatening injuries and restore the chakra of those healed through simply biting the user of this jutsu; since the medical chakra goes directly into the patient's body, it heals quite a bit faster than Shousen Jutsu [Mystical Palm Technique]. This technique, however, rapidly depletes the user's own chakra reserves as it simultaneously heals and reinvigorates whoever bites them, leaving them with a bite mark after each use that can take weeks to fade; when the user bites their own body they only receive the healing of the technique, which causes the jutsu to cost much less than it does to heal other people.

Other jutsu cannot be used at the same time as this jutsu.

-S.A Used-

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
last edit by Takehara Aiya on Apr 19, 2024 1:30:05 GMT -5
Once Dwelt in that Annihilated Place [Aiya, Shodaime]Apr 19, 2024 2:22:27 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"I shall take advantage of the opportunity I have been given, Aiya and I won't waste the kindness that Amegakure has shown me."

Shodaime would say as she nodded at Aiya's words. She knew she was given a second lease on life after being saved by the Ame nin during her escape from Konoha. She used every opportunity she could by giving back to the people of Ame by helping those in need at the hospital. It was the least she could do given her talent for medical ninjutsu. Shodaime would continue to clean Ren's wounds and wrap those that needed to be wrapped with bandages. She wanted to make sure he had every opportunity he could to make a full recovery. After doing this, Shodaime would continue to monitor Ren's vitals, making sure nothing bad happened to him during his recovery.
Once Dwelt in that Annihilated Place [Aiya, Shodaime]Apr 23, 2024 5:52:19 GMT -5
Ishikawa Ren
Do every act as though it were the last.
Ishikawa Ren Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday November 23rd rank Chuunin occupation Lord's Assistant
     Was he still himself? Ren felt himself a revenant: a white-bordered shadow lingering on some long-forgotten plane, wandering. When he'd begun to wander, his spirit had been missing parts, now restored - but still, he wandered, unable to return.

Had he died? And been rejected from any sort of peace? He'd thought he'd spotted the Shinigami in the vast darkness, but when he approached, it'd just been the Thing that he'd mistaken as Jashin, and he walked away disappointed.

Was Ren the black, and Kyodai the white? Or the other way? Who'd been the inside, who'd been the outside? Things seemed to move at a snails pace, and then all at once. While he'd not been conscious, still he seemed to skip around in time - the cabin, here in the surgical room, then finally he was in his hospital bed.

While he'd been saved, he couldn't help but feel everything of worth had left a long time ago. Ren'd gone off in the cabin, walked out the door into some blindingly bright heaven - Kyodai'd followed after his God, to serve him inside some kind of black box that seemed a continent away. 'He' was simply what was left, he decided then.

The conclusion that this was his place, his purgatory, seemed forgone by now - that he'd remain here and his body would wither away, until the clink of a glass upon the bedside table sent cracks of white light shattering through the darkness, slowly spreading.

Thread End
| 244 words
last edit by Ishikawa Ren on Apr 23, 2024 5:54:09 GMT -5
Phantasm has written 210 posts