One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]

compose a reply
One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Mar 30, 2024 0:43:22 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes

The sun rose over Konoha, and drove Miroru from her bed with relentless predictability.

Maybe it was because her parents had deliberately given her a room with an east-facing window to ensure the bedbug would be too irritated by the morning light to stay in bed all day. Maybe it was coincidence. But regardless of the true reasons, all lost to time or parental secrecy, Miroru shot out of bed with the dawn and pushed herself through her morning routine with a rising sense of excitement.

Today, she was gonna try to teach Itsuki her personal special technique!

Showering, dressing, eating, all flew by in short order. It felt like hardly a breath taken before she was on the rooftops, and making for the Yamanaka compound, flanked by a couple tiny foxes keeping pace with her as she shot across the roofs of the village, already considering the best way to "infiltrate" the compound today!
"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,172 posts
One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Mar 31, 2024 23:27:07 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday 9/18 rank Chuunin occupation Barrier Corps
Yamanaka Itsuki

Ever since his grinding training to get out of the academy, Itsuki had been sure not to slack on his training anymore, he couldn't afford to if he wanted to keep up with Miroru... not that he was ever going to be able to. But he would try to make sure that she didn't get so far beyond him that he was a burden at the least. That meant being up before the sun to get his basic physical conditioning out of the way, then he could make more progress on whatever skills he intended to work on at that point in time.

Today he wasn't quite sure what he wanted to do as he finished the last bit of his conditioning, the sun beginning to peek over the horizon and casting an orange light over the village. Wiping his face down with a towel, Itsuki drank from his water bottle as he considered what he wanted to do before he had to go in to work for the day.

Something seemed to be shifting within the clan itself too, almost like they were shaking off their own sort of complacency as more of his kin were going beyond their usual routines. Perhaps the changing of the Hokage had kicked things into gear. That meant when Miroru showed up on the edge of the Yamanaka compound she would be greeted with more of the clan than usual out and about than usual. She'd have a bit harder time 'infiltrating' them than she normally would, ignoring the fact that Itsuki would be aware of her long before she showed up.

That wasn't the point after all.

Word Count: 275
Training: 1/9
Tags:
last edit by Yamanaka Itsuki on Mar 31, 2024 23:28:03 GMT -5
Eleri has written 409 posts
One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 8, 2024 21:18:00 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
Miroru paused on the edge of the homestead- and finally opted to clamber down to street level instead. Seeing the increased activity, modest though it might seem in general, still communicated a change of some sort, and Miroru's respect for the Yamanaka went deep enough not to write off a change in the clan's behaviors as unimportant enough to continue with her shenanigans without even a conversation.

So it was that for the first time in what must be remembered history, the petite redhead approached the front gates of the Yamanaka compound not in some mode of trickery or playful evasion, but simply as herself, waving respectfully as she came to the gate, and speaking with care as she did.

"Hello, Yamanaka-san! It's me, Miroru! I'm supposed to train with Itsuki-kun today, and normally, I'd "sneak"-"
she said, with full air quotes, well aware that she was fooling nobody. "-into the compound to meet him, but everyone looks... I dunno. Extra purposeful. Is everything okay?"

One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 9, 2024 5:52:08 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Yamanaka Itsuki

The young man at the southern gate this morning couldn't help but raise his eyebrow as he leaned against the little booth that served more as an info guide to the 'public' side of the Yamanaka compound. Uchiha Miroru, walking up to the gate like a normal person? The others were not going to believe this. 

With his blonde hair and blue eyes, he might have looked like any other Yamanaka, but this morning's 'guard' was less androgynous than many of his kin, and perhaps one of the physically largest members. The red tips of his hair also helped him stand out from the crowd of mainly blonde mindwalkers of Konoha, being none other than Yamanaka Daisuke.

"You know, I think someone somewhere just won a bet with long odds," Daisuke said with a snort, "Uchiha Miroru coming through the gate like a normal visitor was not on my bingo card. It's nothin' serious, just opened up some of the apartments for the village to rent, so we gotta be around for the future newer residents who might need help."

The three storey apartment complex was the newest and largest building in the clan compound, and really at this point in time the clan itself wasn't big enough to need them all, the project had been a future proofing initiative. But renting them out would help recoup the funds lost in building it, plus it would bring more income to the clan stores as well. Not that Daisuke cared too much personally, not like the old folks did.

"Kiddo's prolly at the training grounds right now,"
he jerked his thumb in the direction of their clan's personal training area, fully expecting Miroru to take off in her usual fashion now, "though if you could draw a mustache on one of the fox statues in the maze on your way, that'd be great. Will win me a bet with Hayate."

In the training grounds, Itsuki paused as he felt a familiar burning chakra approach, his attention turning towards the south gate of the compound while tugging on a forelock in thought. He could try and come up with a prank for Miroru for when she got here, slow as she seemed to be going for some reason, but the question was what?

Eh... it was too early in the morning, and Mi-chi was usually the best source of their pranks anyway, he couldn't out trick Tricky Mikki unless he brought his A game. Instead he folded himself up on the nearest large rock and focused on the flow of his chakra for a bit, waiting to see what she would do.

If he can't outfox her, he could at least be ready for whatever she had ready.

Word Count: 457
Training: 2/9
Tags:

One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 9, 2024 8:06:11 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"Hey, when it comes to Tricky Mikki, the ONLY play is to bet the long odds! You know I'm never gonna take the obvious route- right up until it stops being obvious!" The redhead smirked up at Daisuke and flashed a thumbs up as he teased her. "Okay. Just wanted to make sure. Back home, if things got serious, it'd usually be because someone got their dander up and were prepping for a blood feud or something.

That or their undying rage for dust bunnies had sparked a massacre. And that DOES usually happen in springtime..."

Shrugging, she nodded at the explanations. "Okay. Training grounds it is. And hey, if any moustachios appear on any noble fox statues, you can be sure I wasn't the one doing it!" She winked, then ran off as directed.

Sure enough, someone WAS spotted drawing a moustache on one of the foxes...

Daisuke~

Not long after, Miroru scampered over into the training grounds, in an inexplicably straightforward manner that, to Itsuki, almost surely said she'd already committed mischief and was trying not to be obvious. "Heyyyyyyyyyy, buddy! How's it hangin'~?"

One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 9, 2024 10:17:24 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Yamanaka Itsuki

"There might be a blood feud, you never know with the old folks," Daisuke called back as Miroru left, amusement clear in his voice, "although a war on dust bunnies might be it with how much cleaning we've had to do recently..." he sounded thoughtful at that last part.

He didn't know it now, but he had a bit of an argument in his future when he tried to claim that particular bet. Especially when it would turn out that Itsuki would refuse to confirm or deny whether he was telling the truth about not drawing the mustache himself.

Prepared as he was for mischief, of course Miroru would come to him without any mischief of her own, instead she had the attitude and feeling of the cat that ate the canary, and considering the fact that she had lingered a bit elsewhere... well, he figured he'd learn what she did sooner or later.

He did however give her a patented 'look' that said he knew she was up to something and he wasn't fooled by it. Folded up as he was in a meditative pose, it would have been very authoratative and severe... if he weren't thirteen years old.

"Just a bit of training, gotta try and keep up with you somehow," the Yamanaka stated, getting to his feet and stretching out any stiffness that he had picked up during the brief period of rest, "thought it would be easier with the promotion but they do like to keep us busy with other things ne?" Missions, paperwork, and in his case long stretches of time working within the barrier room just focusing on the village. Then there was the part he wasn't supposed to talk about, the missions he did for ANBU and the training he had to do with them.

"Besides mischief, whatcha doin here?"

Word Count: 307
Training: 3/9
Tags:
last edit by Yamanaka Itsuki on Apr 9, 2024 10:22:27 GMT -5
One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 10, 2024 0:16:22 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"So that'd make it a dust feud, then, right?! Dusty wars for dusty old farts!" Miroru yelled back as she darted off, snickerin, safe from her irreverent comment by virtue of not being near anyone she was referring to, with her entire clan back at HER compound! Checkmate, oldies!

The "I know what that look means" look just made the petite redhead grin wickedly as she pranced over to her friend, throwing herself over his shoulders in an unannounced hug, smothering the somber out of the boy! "Keep up? I only JUST figured out one handed seals, you little punk! You're over there with super chakra sensing, and mind control, and genjutsus, and you've got the nerve to say you need to keep up with ME?!"

Miroru huffed in faux irritation. "I only stay ahead if YOU stay all confident and lazy in your natural talents!!! You can't DO this to me!!!"

"Oh, me? I'm just sabotaging your efforts to put in actual work so you'll go back to settling for being naturally amazing and leaving me my whisker-thin margin of victory. What're YOU doing~?"

One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 10, 2024 2:50:23 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Yamanaka Itsuki

"Oof" Itsuki didn't really protest as he was smooshed under Miroru's weight, because at this point he wasn't exactly unable to lift her around if he so desired, instead simply leaning back into the hug coz it was nice. That said, he couldn't help but snort at Miroru's protests, shaking his head in such a way that the fluffy little tail would end up tickling her nose, "if you're not close to Jounin level already I'll.... I dunno, wear a maid outfit or something," he declared, not entirely sure of what would make a suitable penalty for being incorrect.

"And I don't doubt you could beat me by any metric, nerd," he declared as he began to poke her in retaliation, aiming for whatever ticklish spots she might have left. There wasn't bitterness in his voice, he was simply stating fact in his own mind, Itsuki had decided a while ago that he didn't have an issue with her outshining him, he just wanted to be powerful enough to be by her side.

"Besides, can't let you get lazy and complacent either, how else are we supposed to live up to the names we've been given? It's a heavy mantle to bear, being compared to elemental kami...I probably should learn more Futon jutsu I suppose..." he pondered, still not breaking free of the hug as he considered his skills with elemental ninjutsu. He hadn't focused much recently, which had been good for diversification but it did mean not delving as deep as he could have.

Word Count: 255
Training: 4/9
Tags:
One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 10, 2024 7:42:29 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
Miroru wiggled idly to drive home the smoosh Itsuki was subjected to while they spoke, snorting and finally backing off to sneeze and sparing Itsuki a hairdo full of phlegm in the process! "I mea- e- ACHOO! I mean, I could ask to be promoted, and I'd... PROBABLY get it, but I wanted to wait for you. You're pretty close too, aren't you?"

Miroru wilted a little at Itsuki's insistence she could beat him at anything, shaking her head. "You're better at both Ninjutsu AND Genjutsu than I am. You've got tactical jutsu that I can't even approach, thanks to your clan's hijutsu, you pick up technical skills way faster than I do- aside from the obvious," she said, leaving the Fox and his cheats unspoken, "-the only thing I do better is hit things and not get tired."

She cheered up a bit and scoffed at his latter comment. "Well, -I- happen to know a LOT of Raiton techniques! Gian, Short Circuit, Grind Wire, plus I have all the different variants of the Shock Fist! So YOU just need to learn more wind jutsu so you can Fu things up!"

One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 10, 2024 8:15:54 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Yamanaka Itsuki

He almost wanted to scoff, him? Close to Jounin? He'd barely just made it to Chuunin, there was still so much training to do, skills to learn, missions to complete. "I'll be lucky if I make it to Jounin in the next year," he stated, "and I seriously doubt that I'm better than you at ninjutsu right now, I've only got a few techniques I can use after all. I might be a bit better than you with the gunbai, but that's it," he stuck his tongue out slightly at that, having worked really hard to learn the weapon effectively.

"Mi-chi, you're the most clever person I know, you could easily be Hokage one day," he murmured, repeating the belief he'd held since they were in the academy. Once he'd thought that Shigure-sensei would take the hat first and then leave it to Miroru, but then he'd vanished.. but he was sure his friend would make an excellent village leader, and always had felt that way.

"Futon seems to be pretty rare in our village, it's hard to find any good jutsu for it. I'm working on something but not sure how well it will turn out. Oh, speaking of raiton, look,"
he said, flipping through a number of seals before holding out his left hand, unleashing bolts of electricity towards a nearby boulder as he utilised Raiton: Jibashi [Lightning Release: Electromagnetic Murder]. "We talked about me learning to use it before, so I put the work in too," Itsuki said with a crooked grin, shaking his hand to alleviate the last little sparks that danced across his fingertips. 

Word Count: 269
Training: 5/9
Tags:

One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 10, 2024 9:31:29 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"I dunno, Itsi. I'm pretty sure you could probably pull it off as is," Miroru asserted again, shrugging and letting him set his own limits. "But clever's not what makes a good leader, you know? Hokage's gotta make rough decisions, wise planning, that sorta thing. Being a sneaky trickster isn't the same thing."

She DID immediately freak out and applaud at the blast of lightning! "YOOOOOOO! You did it!!! That's so cool! I'm proud of you! So proud... perhaps... it's finally time..." She turned away and performed a jutsu of some sort, poofing some smoke as she did- and as she turned back, she sported a long, wise beard she made a point of stroking.

"After all this time, perhaps it's finally time to train a successor..."

One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 11, 2024 4:55:23 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Yamanaka Itsuki

He couldn't help but start laughing at the transformation, the sight of regular Miroru with just a giant white beard was both unexpected and amusing enough. "All this time? You are only a year older than me you giant nerd," he declared, casually tossing a handful of dirt in her direction just to emphasise his point.

He had decided not to continue to push his beliefs on her capability just as much as she had decided to do the same for him. They would both likely have this battle once again another time, over and over, until they were able to succeed in convincing one another of their value and skill. Not that Itsuki was at a stage where he was thinking of such mutally assured encouragement.

"And a successor in what? I can't sign your fox contract you know, I got my own summons," he teased, mostly just trying to heckle her lightheartedly to make up for the more heavy topic of conversation a moment ago, "and while I'm sure I'd look great in a miko outfit, I'm not doing that full time either". He was half tempted to joke about her furry little problem too, but that felt... too sensitive.

Word Count: 202
Training: 6/9
Tags:
One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 13, 2024 6:59:28 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"That's like eight percent of your life! It's a big deal, whippersnapper!" Miroru protested, allowing the jutsu to release as she's comically bonked by the clod of dirt! "And you say that like I'm not the progenitor of many venerable jutsu styles! You'd be privileged to inherit any of them, my boy!" The redhead shook her head sadly. "As a genjutsu student, I'd expect you to be more familiar with my school of deception and trickery... but then again.

That isn't what I wanna share!"

Miroru bounced over and flicked him on the forehead. "I wanna teach you my personal ace in the hole. Now that you know how to use Raiton, you can become...

A disciple of the Zap Fist!
" Miroru thrust a hand into the air like she was holding a baton or saber proudly aloft. She froze, staring up at her empty hand a moment, then muttered, "Wait, hold on, do over..."

Again, but this time making a quick hand seal or three behind her back. "A DISCIPLE OF THE ZAP FIST!" This time, as she thrust her hand upwards, a lance of Raiton chirped into being, crackling as she waggled the rod of VERY dangerous electricity above both their heads.

And then much more responsibly released it before she could hack anything in half.

"Whaddya say?!"

One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 15, 2024 7:45:39 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Yamanaka Itsuki

A raised dark eyebrow was what Miroru got in return for her declarations of seniority and cleverness, a flat look of teasing disbelief and doubt that was meant to indicate how little he agreed with her declarations of age and wisdom. That eyebrow was joined by its twin as she made her offer, hand shoved in the air with the chirping raiton technique he had helped her train with some time back... Dodging that thing had been a total pain in the ass, which meant it wasn't a bad thing to learn...

"If you want me to ever take that thing seriously, we're gonna have to call it something better than 'Zap Fist'," he declared seriously, a deadpan expression on his face as he stared at his friend. It was powerful, destructive, and pretty scary to be on the other end of, but he was not calling it Zap Fist except as a joke.

"It'd be pretty cool to learn how to use it, it'd certainly surprise anyone I was facing, but did you manage to work out the kinks of it? It was definitely giving you some trouble when you showed it to me last," he asked, head tilted to the side as considered the crackling lightning technique before it faded to nothing in the name of safety.

He still wasn't calling it Zap Fist though.

Word Count: 227
Training: 7/9
Tags:

One Thousand Magpies [Training, Itsuki]Apr 19, 2024 0:13:31 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"Why?! It's a great name! Evocative! Succinct! Nobody will ever hear it and think "gosh, I wonder what that does"! It's all right there on the tin!" Miroru protested the genius name of her perfect technique!

"Kinks..? Oh. Uh. Well. Nnnnnnno. I couldn't really work the kinks out of it at *all*. Instead, I sorta... learned to bend with the kinks?" Miroru let a touch of chakra flood her eyes, and her pupils narrowed into vulpine slits. "I just use this, and it improves my sight intake to the point I can react normally to my own movements. For you... hm... maybe we can get some spectacles with big swirly lenses..."

At the very least, Itsuki could tell there was no fox chakra in her eyes. That was a Miroru trick, through and through. One more clever adaptation to an obstacle that she'd sidestepped.

last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Apr 19, 2024 0:13:59 GMT -5