Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]

compose a reply
Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 3, 2024 11:26:52 GMT -5
oriko
"Why struggle against death? It comes for everyone."
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday June 16th, 1005 rank Adv. Genin occupation
Oriko finally arrives at the training center, having had to walk through the ubiquitous rain that the village itself is famous, or infamous, for, though his biotech bodysuit kept him mostly dry, since it was made from a material that wasn't nearly porous enough for water to seep through. Such a feature was important for the healing process, as leaving the burn wounds exposed to the rain water might have caused them to become septic when the burns had been fresh. Of course, that wasn't as much of a concern recently, as most of his physical wounds had healed, but Oriko still preferred the feeling of his body staying dry. His golden eyes peer over the indoor training facility that Amegakure ninja had access to, feeling quite happy with such a facility for his purposes. Although he'd rarely come to the training building before, now he was interested in trying his hand at more melee combat training. His mission with Yuudai had proven to him that he needed to become more accustomed to close range combat.

He approaches a standing effigy of a human, padding over its extended arms and its body to ensure that basic practitioners wouldn't be hurt too badly by the wooden core of it. It was a little demeaning, but it was probably best for the nubile shinobi to start with the basics, since he'd only gotten rudimentary training in Taijutsu at the Academy, and that had been years ago, before he'd even become a medical ninja and joined the medic corps, much less before he'd been returned to the team-based genin system. Oriko throws a basic punch, but pulls his hand back after a direct strike is met with an equal and opposite force of the padding pushing back on his fist and his wrist. He shakes his hand, though he knows it's not really going to make it hurt any less, and he instead tries a faster jab with his left fist, though if one expected much power from the medical shinobi, they'd be sorely disappointed.
Babs has written 37 posts
Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 3, 2024 18:20:37 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Life is only as good or bad as you make it.
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday July 19 1006 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 3 Member
[nospaces][break][break][break]

Life is what you make it.

[break] WC 291 | TWC 291

[attr="class","nicotemp"]

After another successful mission Yuudai decided that it was time for him to get a bit more training in. He had made his way to the training facility within Amegakure with the intent of hopefully finding someone he could spar against. However he would sadly not get his wish as the gym seemed mostly empty besides a few people here and there, but nobody was interested in sparring at the moment.
[break][break]
With no interested sparring partners Yuudai would decide to make his way to the weight room, hoping that he could at least get in some good lifting. He would start off with the bench press, preparing the weights at 250 lbs. While that may seem like a lot it wasn’t for someone who trained their physical strength more than anything else, and that’s what Yuudai did. As he was lifting the weights he would notice someone enter the facility, someone that was very familiar to him.
[break][break]
The person that Yuudai had saw was in fact Oriko, the genin he had just completed a mission with recently. He would place the weights back on the rack, before wiping the sweat from his forehead. He would look to Oriko and think to himself *I wonder what he is about to do here…* With that thought he would begin to watch the boy as he began to throw punches at a practice dummy. Going off of the looks of it everything Oriko was doing was wrong, and his lack of taijutsu skill began to show heavily.
[break][break]
Yuudai would get up from his seat and begin to walk over to Oriko. As he approached he would yell out "Yo Oriko! What’s going on dude? Trying to get some training done like me I see.”

[newclass=.nicotemp b]font-family:bitter;color:#838996[/newclass]

[Googlefont=Playfair Display]
Jordan has written 79 posts
Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 4, 2024 13:34:50 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko had been so focused on training on his use of his fists as weapons that he actually jumps when a familiar voice calls out to him, by name as well. But immediately after he recovers from his surprise, he instantly recognizes Yuudai from the mission he'd done just the other day for the parade in the Daimyo's honor, the one that had called him "dog" in such a friendly tone. He gives the other man one of his unique mouthless smiles, all in the eyes and the expression as he asks with what sounds like real interest what he's doing, and then surmising that he's doing some training.

"Yeah. Yes. Skrk, skrk. I'm trying to train my body to- skrk- become more capable and competent- skrk- in melee combat."

He's a bit breathy, thanks to the effort of having to breathe through the filter of the oxygen mask, which would likely mean that Oriko is actually getting in some very strong cardio, and it's probably improving his stamina a little, though with the thinness of his body, it might not be doing very much to increase his musculature. But it was at least a good show of effort that he was putting up with. He'd even started to wrap his hands and his wrists with boxer's tape; being a medic, he'd actually had to learn how to fix the common boxer's fracture on multiple ninja that had only started to learn how to fight, and the last thing he wanted to do was cause serious injury to his own fingers and wrists. In the time it takes for him to wrap both of his hands, his breathing has relaxed more, and he turns his head curiously in the direction Yuudai had approached him from, seeing the weight he'd been lifting from the rack.

"Ah, you must be doing some strength training of your own. Skrrk. I suppose if I'm going to be involving myself in some melee training, I might need to work on my strength, too. Skrrk."

He didn't sound so sure of it himself, though. Perhaps he thought he could get by with speed and agility.
Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 4, 2024 18:52:28 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday July 19 1006 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 3 Member

[break] WC 276 | TWC 567

Yuudai listened as Oriko would speak on training to be more capable of melee combat, and also sayin how he might benefit from some strength training as well. It was at this moment a light bulb would go off in Yuudai’s head. Yuudai would eagerly say "Well if ccc training is what you want I believe I’m your guy. There’s probably only a few people in the village better than me when it comes to everything close range and taijutsu.”
[break][break]
The statements Yuudai made were bold but for the most part very true, as he has been remarked as a soon to be taijutsu master by many of his superiors. His skill in taijutsu even earned him the name of Demonic Boxer not long ago during his times in the churning exams, though he did not think Oriko would know of his slight reputation.
[break][break]
"Hmm I was watching you a bit from across the room before I walked over, and no disrespect but I think we need to start at the basics.” Yuudai would said rather bluntly, his usual airy and cool demeanor being replaced with a somewhat serious one. "For starters you need to focus on a fighting style that synchs with your body type. You see how when you were punching the dummy earlier you were hurting your wrist and hand? Those type of punches are made for someone as small as you. Come let me show you.”
[break][break]
Yuudai would then make his way towards the padded dummy, holding his fist up in front of his face. Yuudai would then unleash a volley of strikes very quickly; left jab, right hook, straight right kick.

Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 5, 2024 9:35:15 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko is looking at Yuudai with wide eyes as he talks about how he's one of the best close range and Taijutsu practitioners in Amegakure, and he has no reason to disbelieve it and plenty of reasons to actually believe that he was highly skilled in that type of combat. Yuudai wasn't quite boasting, he was almost certainly one of the physically strongest he'd ever met, particularly if judging by the weight he'd been about to lift when he'd approached Oriko to start giving him some instruction. Oriko is at least wise and smart enough to know that if he wants to learn more about Taijutsu, he'd do well to learn about it from a highly skilled fighter, and particularly someone who was a higher rank than himself.

"Ah, I see! I'd be happy to learn, although I don't have a lot I could teach you in return..."

He follows Yuudai over to the padded dummy himself, feeling a bit down that he clearly needed to start at the very beginning, since he'd only had rudimentary training in Taijutsu many years ago while he'd been in the Academy, and had done almost nothing to improve upon this skill since then. He watches as Yuudai strikes hard and fast at the padded dummy, and he realizes he'll likely need to dedicate most of his training to even get close to the level of ability Yuudai has for the fighting style, and he's already far behind. He did mention that he would need to focus on a fighting style that works well with his body type, and he wonders what fighting style might do well with such a thin body as his.

"Perhaps... Skrrrk... Perhaps there's a fighting style that I could make use of my medical knowledge with..."

He balls up his fist again at first, finds it uncomfortable, then relaxes his hand and lifts his fingers instead to smash the heel of his hand into the dummy. It certainly feels a lot more sturdy to him, but he's not sure such an attack would have as great an effect as Yuudai's strikes that left deep divots in the padding protecting the wooden core of the training dummy.
Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 6, 2024 15:08:38 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

[break] WC 262 | TWC 829

Yuudai had given his demonstration to Oriko, trying to show him proper stance when fighting. Looking over to his now student he would hear his words and see him trying to come up with a style that would work for him. Yuudai being a well versed fighter knew of moves and techniques from many fighting styles, so he had an idea on what would work for someone on the lower end of physicality. "Hmmm, have you ever heard of the Hyuuga? They use a fighting style called Gentle Fist, while we could never truly copy that because of their eyes we can copy what they do with their body. More specifically how they are striking.”
[break][break]
Yuudai would then motion for Oriko to watch him yet again, as he would reproach the padded dummy. Yuudai would take a stance similar to before, but this time with both of his hands open the flats of his palms facing outward. He would then perform another 3 strike combo as an example for Oriko to potentially follow. The first strike was a simple straight palm towards the center mass of the target using the right hand. The second strike was more akin to a karate chop aimed at the target’s throat. The final strike being a solid palm to the face using the left hand.
[break][break]
"See with a style like that sure you sacrifice some power from impact, but you gain comfortability in your strikes. Not only that but you attack way faster like this. You take a try now! Remember hands up and palms out.”

Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 8, 2024 12:45:04 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko clearly wasn't as adept in combat as Yuudai, so he pays careful attention when he mentions the Hyuuga. It wasn't a clan he was particularly familiar with, but he listened attentively regardless, eager to find out just how the fighting style might function. The one the older shinobi has in mind seems to work based on hitting a target in the body's natural weak points; the solar plexus, a point without defense from either muscle or bone, a neck strike, which is filled with sensitive nerve endings, and a face attack, which is both disorienting and painful. The strikes are still done with more power than Oriko normally has, but he recognizes that a great deal of force isn't necessary for such attacks to have a great deal of impact.

The smaller young man eagerly takes up a position with his own padded training dummy, mimicking the stance that Yuudai had taken, although his positioning was a bit off. It was to be expected for a new practitioner, but he was a little off-balance. Still, he takes up a stance of knees and elbows slightly bent and with his palms out before he advances on the training dummy, striking in the solar plexus, under the armpit, and sliding the hand from the first strike up towards where the dummy's chin was. Such attacks would likely have been fairly debilitating, although the armpit strike was actually somewhat interesting; Oriko had had enough training with the human body's nervous systems to be aware that underneath the armpit was hidden a very debilitating bundle of nerves that could make an arm next to useless in combat; with the nerves of the arm going into shock, even making a fist would be next to impossible, should such a strike land. Of course, the attacks were somewhat slow and unsure, but Oriko does them to the best of his ability.
Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 8, 2024 18:48:55 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

[break] WC 235 | TWC 1064

Yuudai would watch as Oriko would make his attempt at attacking his dummy. The first thing the chunin would notice is that Orin’s footing was off just a little bit, but such a thing could easily be adjusted with the right instruction. Yuudai would then watch Oriko as he attacked the dummy, the blows the young man used looking similar to Yuudai’s own but with less power behind each strike. Although the power behind the strikes would not matter much with a style of fighting such as this, as the main focus was hitting vital points and the speed at which you did so.
[break][break]
"Nice! Not bad at all. I think your footing and positioning can use a bit of work but that was good.” Yuudai would then place a hand on Oriko’s shoulder and smile at him. He was happy he could be teaching someone something, especially when that something was such a big part of his life. He would then distance himself from Oriko before saying "Alright now in order for me to train you further I need to know how strong you really are. Now I want you to hit me! Don’t worry about hurting me or anything like that, I will be fine. Just take all the power you can muster and strike me as hard as you can right here.” Pointing to his chest as he said the last sentence.

Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 9, 2024 10:07:46 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko seems to have performed some of the strikes accurately and quickly enough to make a good impression on the other shinobi, and though the compliment was tempered with some much-needed criticism for an improvement on his form, it felt good to be complimented on his skill with picking up such a fighting method. The hand on his shoulder only increases his mood of accomplishment, and he turns his face towards Yuudai, giving him another of his eyes-shut smiles to show his happiness at the compliment before he watches the Chuunin walk away from him in order to put a little distance between the two of them. He suggests learning to see how strong he actually is, and he feels a bit embarrassed, scratching the side of his head with a finger from the sense of unease he feels at the foreseen chagrin this request would have.

"Ah, well... okay... Skrk. You might be a bit disappointed..."

He takes a deep breath as he focuses intently on the center of Yuudai's chest, bringing his right arm back, then slowly moving it down to his waist while his left arm is raised to have his palm pointed towards that same chest. He then suddenly steps forwards, pulling back his left hand so he can thrust his right palm forwards to the center of Yuudai's chest, turning his body to be able to generate at least a little more power in his attack, but even if it would land, his wrist would hit and then simply stay there, not really able to push hard enough to throw Yuudai off-balance, even, at least not with just the pure force of his strike. At best, he might make the spot bruise and sting a little, but he certainly wouldn't be able to beat down the higher ranking and more skilled shinobi.
Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 9, 2024 17:50:24 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

[break] WC 283 | TWC 1347

Yuudai would prepare himself to be met by Orin’s strike, bracing for the powerful impact that he was sure to get. Even though Oriko had specifically said that Yuudai may be disappointed, Yuudai simply took the genin for being modest in his power. The strike would fly forward and Yuudai would instinctively reach his hand forward to grab the hit but would stop just slightly short. While to most it would looked as if he was too slow to stop the strike from landing, in reality he allowed the strike to hit him because that was his original intent. The momentary lapse between self control and instinct being the sole cause for why he moved at all.
[break][break]
Lowering his hand he would smile after feeling the attack hit him. He much taller and more fit shinobi was not bothered in the slightest by the attack causing him to say "Yeah my friend you need some weight training haha. Your form is getting better though.” Yuudai would then point towards the assortment of weights within the facility, trying to get Oriko to go and try his hand. "While you don’t need to be anywhere near as strong as me, you need to be strong enough to actually do damage. Besides that from what you told me such training would probably help with the speedy recovery of your body.”
[break][break]
Yuudai would then move over towards the bench press, setting it way down to a mere 80 pounds, believing that would be good for Oriko, using his strike against the boxer as a gauge for strength. Taking his ‘spotter’ post behind the press he would patiently w=await the genin and provide him any assistance needed.

Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 10, 2024 10:28:46 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko isn't much surprised at the fact that his attack seemed to do absolutely nothing to Yuudai, although he feels a bit of disappointment in himself. He takes at least a tiny bit of solace that it looks like his attack was fast enough that Yuudai hadn't managed to catch his hand before it made contact. He brings his hands back again when Yuudai explains that he's going to need some weight training in order to do much damage at all. He's at least aware that if his attack had much more strength behind it, a direct strike to an opponent's exact center of their chest can potentially shatter the sternum, which isn't actually made of bone. But the Chuunin is correct that his strength isn't nearly good enough to do that kind of damage.

He follows Yuudai over to the weight that he'd been about to lift, only for much of the weight to be removed from the bar, and he feels a bit embarrassed that the higher ranking shinobi has to interrupt his own workout in order for him to do some weight training instead. But he knows that if he refuses, even if for no other reason than a feeling of guilt for intruding on his own workout time, it would be even more of an insult to the other man. Instead, he moves down into position, putting his shoulders just a bit lower than the bar so he can reach up and push the bar off the holder and have the bar in line with his shoulders instead when he brings the bar forward. Oriko lets the bar down until it meets his thin chest before he pushes back up, squeezing his very small chest muscles together in order to bring the bar back up, with his arms pressing the bar back up into the air. With the first one done correctly, he continues, breathing heavily through the mask.
Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 10, 2024 18:55:11 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

[break] WC 236 | TWC 1583

Yuudai would watch as Oriko would begin to lift the weights, a grin hitting his face as he did so. Yuudai while not older than Oriko was a higher ranking shinobi, he got some type of enjoyment from watching others under him grow. As he thought about Oriko and the bond they were slowly forming, he would think about his old genin team who had died years ago. The thought of his old friends began to rattle his mind, making the grin he just had slowly fade away.
[break][break]
Regaining his control of his own thoughts he would look down to see that Oriko had completed his first rep. Yuudai would yell out "Nice dude! Now lets get a few more in! I feel like you can make it to 5, what do you think?” He would wait for Oriko to reply but in the mean time Yuudai would also get a workout of his own in. The chunin would drop down to the floor and begin to do push ups next to the bench press Oriko was currently using.
[break][break]
With his arms spread evenly apart, Yuudai would push himself up and down at a great pace. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5,6… hey Oriko I bet I can do 50 push ups before you can finish your set.” Yuudai would say jokingly, but with the speed at which he was currently going the joke was likely true.

Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 11, 2024 10:00:57 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko lets out a little grunt through the gas mask covering the lower half of his face as he's suggested to give it five reps before he can re-rack the bar, and instead of giving a verbal answer, which might have been too much for his gas mask to be audible, he gives a single, curt nod before he continues the motion he'd done before. He builds it into a rhythm after the third, pushing up another two times before raising both his arms so that the bar clatters against the metal towers, and then letting the bar fall back onto the rack so that it stays up. Then the smaller young man lifts his head to watch as Yuudai starts his own workout with push ups instead of the bench press.

When the challenge is given, the smaller shinobi's face both lights up with the desire to at least try and beat the other man at this challenge, and also with the knowledge that Yuudai expects him to provide a challenge in this kind of a race despite his physical weakness. He drops back down to the bench, swinging his arms down on either side of the bench until his hands brush against the floor, just to stretch his chest before reaching his hands back up to grip the bar, lifting it back into starting position again. Oriko is sweating by the time he's brought the bar back down to his bird-like chest for the third time, but he pushes the bar back up another two times before wracking it again. He can still hear Yuudai counting out his push ups, but he still needs to rest between sets, stretching his chest out once again by dropping both arms, causing his back to lift up off the bench as his hands once more brush against the floor, and he mentally prepared himself for the final set of five reps.
Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 11, 2024 10:31:08 GMT -5
Shiba Yuudai
Shiba Yuudai Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

[break] WC 219 | TWC 1802

Yuudai would look up to see that Oriko was done with his 5 reps, however Yuudai had just got to 40 push ups. Thinking to himself *The guy has determination, I pray he gets better. He reminds me of you…* Thoughts taking him to the memory of his old teammate and the bond they had. Yuudai had several memories of days just like this, with him and his teammate training in this very facility.
[break][break]
Yuudai would make his way to his feet before looking to Oriko and saying "Nice job. Now what else should we work on? Or do you wanna call it quits for the day? Im down for whatever but if we keep going I might go get a protein shake or something. Maybe we can take a quick snack break and talk?”
[break][break]
Yuudai did not have many friends due to his closed off personality, however he felt like he could connect with Oriko more than others. Two people who were seemingly initially connected through pain of life. Yuudai did not expect much of this bond but he did that as to not get his hopes up. He knew that when you expected things and didn’t get them you were far more hurt, and so he chose to not want anything when it came to other people.

last edit by Shiba Yuudai on Apr 11, 2024 10:31:39 GMT -5
Training, Mind and Body [T | Yuudai]Apr 11, 2024 10:46:10 GMT -5
oriko
oriko Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Oriko is certainly feeling pretty proud of himself when Yuudai comes back up to his feet and gives him some encouragement again, and he gives the other young man one more of his mouthless grins as he sits up from the bench, putting his palms on the matted horizontal board between his legs. The taller shinobi asks him what else they should work on, or if he wants to call it quits for the day. It seems Yuudai was ready for whichever option Oriko would go for, and he feels quite a bit of kinship for the Chuunin, despite their significant differences. Oriko certainly feels like he should keep training, but the suggestion of a snack break and a bit more conversation certainly sounds good for now.

"Skrk, skrk... We should probably take that break... Skrk, skrk..."

His hard breathing gradually calms, as the exertion of the workout drains from him even as he's just sitting on the bench for now. Oriko pushes himself up off of the bench and onto his feet, so he can go and see what his options were for a snack. Where Yuudai might have felt a desire to distance himself from others, Oriko had a somewhat different approach to his own trauma, wanting to form bonds, but his awkward nature often making those bonds unreachable, so his new friendship with this higher ranking shinobi was making him more hopeful. He decides on a yogurt and oat with a bit of blueberry and strawberry for sweetness. He mixes the blueberry and strawberry and oats before using a straw to connect to a port for his gas mask. He looks at Yuudai with a look of pride as he eats the yogurt snack through the gas mask; not having to remove his gas mask was certainly helpful for the Genin, who might have been using the gas mask to cope with his trauma.