Requested Conversations

compose a reply
Requested Conversations Apr 8, 2024 0:44:36 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

Yakitsukeru had very little that she actually did for others just on random request. However, Kazui was someone that she willingly made exceptions for when push came to shove. Share some insight in exchange for a new observation to her log into the craft of Raiton. Simple enough request even if it did mean getting dangerously close to that god awful village. Wanting to be done with this for the long journey back north, Yakitsukeru had paused at the meeting location just south of the border. The seldom visited clearing that led back into non-Hi no Kuni lands a not often used passage, but it did make for a good rest and training area.

Having arrived early enough Yaki unloaded most of her weight back off herself. Her scroll racks un-holstered and a hand seal removing the weight on her haori that she had grown used to walking around in. Having time to prepare, she pulled out a few brushes and ink, but otherwise focused on a different task for the moment. Taking jade green ink and painting the pigments overtop her eyes in the pattern of the seal she had been working on immortalizing to herself with sage mode. A feeling like the natural world drawing closer to her a mark of the completion of the task. Leaving only the peaceful wait for a certain Uchiha to make it to the meeting place.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts
Requested Conversations Apr 8, 2024 15:50:05 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Team 1
Kai didn't meet people often on the outskirts of his home, and when he did, it was typically because he was going on a date with them. So when he was asked to venture out by a young woman to the edges of Hi no Kuni, Kai was already worried the allegations would continue.

It was surprising how many women Kai knew in his life, in truth. He knew a lot, and was good friends with many of them. Maybe that was part of what made him so good with Sachi? Who knows. What did know was that he needed some guy friends, ASAP.

But that was for later. For now, he eyed the woman... Painting her eyes? Kai had to blink twice to make sure he wasn't seeing things, but no, that seemed to be what she was doing, just... Sitting there. Menacingly. It reminded him idly of something, but he couldn't place a finger on what.

Snake lady. What was her actual name again? Yakitsukeru? What a mouthful. He wasn't going to say all that, was he? Like, he wouldn't have to say that every time he needed to contact her by name, no?

...Whatever. He stepped forward and cleared his throat, before speaking clearly.

"Yaki...?" She had a nickname, if he recalled it, but he couldn't recall at the moment. Kai was standing dressed in his rather casual garb, and a cigarette was hanging out of the side of his mouth. A whiff of the smoke, one would expect a rather undesirable smell, but in fact it was hinted to be Cinnamon... Which had an oddly calming aura to it.

"You wanted to trade information, correct?" He kept it short. As he often did, with strangers, hands in his hoodie pockets.
Caelum has written 214 posts
Requested Conversations Apr 9, 2024 0:12:05 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
groupLeaf Shinobi

Scarf hiding the almost immediate look of disgust with the voice calling her name in such a casual manner, Yaki blinked and turned her eyes over to the young man. Already regretting agreeing to do this for Kazui, Yakitsukeru would stand back up with little more then a glower piercing back at Kai. Glancing him over with a stare that spoke of little other then judgement, a silent kind of anger already sitting in the air between the two.

"You would do well to learn to addresss people with more ressspect then nicknamesss you have no right to ussse. Tateyama, it isss my family name. It isss what you will ussse," The girl would speak with a great amount of venom to her tone. It was a hope that Kazui had warned him that she was not one to play games with others when it came to address especially. Her attitude seemingly no nonsense hopefully conveying that the use of her name casually was a mistake.

"I wanted nothing, I wasss asssked to asssissst you with sssomething. Though I am confusssed why the girl with knowledge on usssing Raiton the bessst likely in Konoha would asssk me to do ssso. I will trade notesss and pointsss on the conceptsss of the nature to the bessst of my ability while you train though. I will be obssserving your attemptsss at the elemental nature change at the sssame time. Did Kazui really sssend you all the way out here without at leassst giving you the bare minimum information?" Yaki would ask her last question with some level of aggrivation, but her otherwise placid tone of voice was clearly business. Her almost hissing slur over the letter S a part of the almost meticulous pace of her words, like they were somewhat measured to try and counteract it.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

Requested Conversations Apr 9, 2024 5:21:42 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Oh goodie. She was one of those types. Yeah, Kazui didn't give Kai a ton of information, and as his eyes drifted away, towards the side, he tried his best to ignore her funny way of speaking. Really living up to the snake like name, huh?

"Right. Sorry, Tateyama." He just gave an apology and left it at that. No point dwelling on it- It didn't do either of them any good if they ended up just fighting about around here. Instead, he puffed at his cigarette, taking a folder out of a satchel at his side as he flipped it open.

"I got some footnotes. But nothing super helpful. A few handseals for some real basic level raiton..." He flipped through them, before glancing back up at the woman. Her hostility was noted, but rather then recognizing it or calling her out on it, or sucking up, he had a certain hunch that if he simply regarded it as natural and moved on from it, they'd both be better off.

"This is a good open area, though. It should do the trick. I suppose I should ask you then- Could you lend me some knowledge on the general aspects of Raiton? Things that, maybe, I wouldn't read in a book?" He tried to ask in a casual way- Non condescending- As he looked back and over towards some nearby rocks.

Those would make a good target, he figured, as he tapped his smoke a few times.
Requested Conversations Apr 27, 2024 12:03:08 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

An apology and the correct name immediately took him off the instant hate list, and immediately wanting to get to business went a long way as well for Yaki. She could appreciate someone who knew what they wanted and grasped for it, after all selfish behavior was the core of her own Nindo. She encouraged that kind of hungrier behavior. Pulling out her notes she pulled it out to the section that was marked with a yellow ribbon of sorts. A brown/grey, blue, green, and white ribbon accompanied it. The ribbon wrapped as if binding sections of the book together.

"If you require a target I can procure quite the number of logsss. Asss for the information that you are asssking for I will give you piecesss and collect your own thoughtsss asss you attempt to produce the element. That way I can take my obssservation notesss and you can concentrate on learning in the sssame frame of time," Yakitsu would begin before taking her gigantic scroll off her back and setting it beside her, using it as a stool as she spoke back up, "Asss you know Raiton isss one of the two core elementsss mossst known for itsss raw dessstructive capabilitiesss alongssside Katon it hasss a wide range of effectsss and can be fairly freely molded, however itsss basssic property of piercing isss a potent one that threatensss mossst individualsss when it isss combined with the natural ssspeed at which the element excelsss at utilizing."

"Itsss ability to pierce mossst likely comesss from itsss capacity to condenssse mossst of itsss force into very thin areasss, making it one of, if not the mossst, denssse of the elementsss in termsss of your chakra being presssed into a shape. Doton and Sssuiton usssually require sssubssstance, and are almossst never in a condensssed form asss sssmall asss raiton can be. In other wordsss the key to massstering the element most likely liesss inssside your ability to condenssse your chakra no matter how deep your pool isss."
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

Requested Conversations Apr 28, 2024 1:50:38 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Kai would listen carefully as she began to explain her notes, her thoughts and ideas on how exactly how Raiton worked... How it was utilized. It gave Kai a lot to think about as he stood there, smoking away as his eyes wandered over his own notes to compare.

"Piercing." That made sense. "Density. So it needs a degree of Chakra control then." He guessed as much, but it was good for it to be confirmed. At least he had already had that down.

"I'm sure there are plenty of powerful, forward striking Jutsu that use Raiton. Do you know of any Raiton that can be used with a weapon, perhaps?" A simple question, it seemed, as he looked back at the glaive hefted over his back. Of course, with her words, he was already writing them down on a paper pad- It seemed he was smart enough to take notes- Nothing that the woman said would miss his ears.

"I believe I have the idea of control down. I'd be a rather abysmal Uchiha if I didn't." He explained calmly, outing his clan just like that. She probably already knew that though, didn't she? I mean, he was wearing a giant symbol of his clan on his back.
Requested Conversations Apr 28, 2024 7:05:13 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yaki would listen to Kai's reply as she recorded his response. The fact he had come with notes was a further note in his favor with keeping Yaki's mood in one of the tamer moods that the young man could have seen from her. As moody as a rattlesnake Yaki had very little in the way of hate for those that actually sought out higher knowledge.

"All elementsss require sssome level of control. After all, control isss a component even for thossse like myssself with a oni'sss worth of chakra when molding it into a technique. Ssso it isss easssy to asssume that the ability to compresss and convert your chakra isss of more importance here," Yaki would reply to his statement of his own ability of chakra control. She had been Kazui's best friend for quite the time now, and perhaps it was that fact that skewed her to never comment on the Uchiha's comments in any relation to their own clan - it never ended well. Lifting an unamused look up to Kai the girl tilted her head to cock it at the young man as he was an enigma before continuing, "If we go by my sssage companion'sss own ussse of the techniquesss then yes mossst any I have ssseen are powerful, forward ssstrikesss. However, you are related to likely the village'sss two bessst usssersss of raiton... Have you never interacted in a training capacity with Uchiha Miroru or Uchiha Kazui? I would have asssumed you had at leassst done so with one of the two."

"Both utilize raiton alongssside weaponry to create a compounded effect to clear the path to sssuccesss. I am a fundamentalissst at my core ssso my persssonal departing of anything Raiton is knowledge I have learned in my own journey to learn it. With it I would have jussst one element left to sssolve. Knowing how different chakrasss feel and what to imagine, as well as the data I have isss what I have for you. I sssuppossse I am rambling though, draw your glaive Uchiha. We will begin your practical attemptsss to the transssformation, and do ussse your eyesss if you have them. I know little of your clan's dojutsssu's capabilitiesss, but I do know you can sssee chakra in colorsss. It will help show you when you did sssomething right."
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

Requested Conversations Apr 28, 2024 14:35:24 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Listening carefully, Kai made no notes to her unamused expression. He knew his words ran dry on a lot of people, especially those of his own clan. When she brought up him speaking to other members of his own clan, he bit his tongue for a moment, clearly dissatisfied with the question.

"I have a rocky relationship with my clan and family. Not... Hostile, but..." He took the cigarette stump out of his mouth and crushed it in his hand idly, before placing the now put out butt in his snack pouch. He didn't litter. At least not here.

"I don't talk to my cousins as much as I should, probably." He took a step back when she asked him to present his glaive, however, nodding once at the woman. Compression, conversion... In a thankful sense, his weapon was built around such aspects, being chakra conductive- Though only to Katon. Raiton... Well, he hadn't tried it. He had no idea.

Still, he prepared himself, waiting for her to make the targets, as his eyes spun into the ever so elusive single-tomoe sharingan.

"Alright." He would have said something about not relying on his Sharingan for combat, but truth be told... He already got a talking too, and a stern one, about actually using the gifts given to you. Don't hold back what you have unless you can use it as an advantage, and this was a training field- So using them to train would be incredibly important to further his mastery of his own reaction times.