Purple Princess' First Dance [Training]

compose a reply
Purple Princess' First Dance [Training]Apr 9, 2024 1:13:37 GMT -5
Hisana
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hisana Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
The sun was still low in the sky, but Hisana was already set to working. Diligent in her training, she had already left the village. She’d not gone far, just a mile or so into the woods that surrounded the great hidden village. Out amid the trees she felt more at peace, and lost among the leaves she felt free to practice her craft in private.

She was an early morning windstorm in the area, her martial training punctuated by sudden and violent outbursts of wind. Amid the morning din of songbirds and insects, the sudden gusts would shake and creak the trees around her, permitting a moment of stunned silence in their aftermath.

While she was still only a genin, she was new to this sort of practice. She had been doing this routine for years, as often as she could. She missed a day here and there, but as often as she could she found herself in some imaginary battlefield practicing her tessenjutsu.

It wasn’t just the wind, there was a whole martial side to her weapon. A wave of the open fan could shock the forest to life with her sudden gales, but the steel edges of her fan were a weapon themselves.

Out in the woods she was practicing her martial jutsu, and she was doing to with gusto.

Hisana did not hold back, her motions as quick as they were powerful, and every bit as fluid. She seemed to dance upon the air as she moved, sliding forward across the packed earth below her. She was still on the defensive, though, her fan in her right hand as she practiced her evasion. Swipes of her fan allowed for parrying or blocking, while impressive speed and grace carried her quickly across her little clearing.

She was doing well! … but that was to be expected against imaginary foes.

last edit by Hisana on Apr 9, 2024 2:19:11 GMT -5
has written 26 posts
Purple Princess' First Dance [Training]Apr 9, 2024 22:20:36 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

Kazuto watched on the distance as the young woman would carry on with her exercised. He wasn't an expert in tessenjutsu and with his sword he could barely be counted as proficient, but there was fluidity and beauty as she moved. It was a war dance that went through its first stanzas with a practice ease as waves of wind escaped the prompt of the war fans grasped in her hands. She was blade being honed against a whetstone. He approved of all she did to improve, but felt that perhaps it would be good if she had someone to spar against. Someone to test her mettle against.

Exquisite movement." The Son of the Forest said, as he made his presence be known. "Artful economy. You have improved." Kazuto said in appraisal of the skill and abilities that she had shown from the distance. He allowed his words to reach her, for her to bask in his opinion about her improving skills. Still he knew that she would need to improve. "I do think your form would improve if its tested against a foe." He suggested, allowing her to decide whether or not she would take the implicit offer. "I hope that I'm not bothering you."

He said, raising his hands in an apologetic manner. After all, if this was a form of ritual for her, if he was intruding he would be content on departing and leaving her to do be on her own.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 2,156 posts
Purple Princess' First Dance [Training]Apr 16, 2024 1:34:02 GMT -5
Hisana
Hisana Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
She turns her head at the sudden intrusion, not expecting the visitor but less surprised by who it was. Between her routines she’d paused to drink some water, and she looks back down to the water skin as she set it down on a stump.

Her eyes narrow some at the positive feedback, though after a moment of dusting off her kimono she only seems to be at her normal level of irritation. She opens her fan gently and gives it a little wave, before settling it casually before her. She fans herself to cool herself down some as a soft breeze picks up steadily in her clearing.

"It’s fine. I don’t mind guests so long as they are not many in number, or very loud. If that is your way of offering to spar with me, then I’d happily accept. I was just thinking to myself how easy it is to defeat imaginary opponents.

She sizes Kazuto up again as she rests some, blood hued eyes sweeping over him from head to toe. She judged him not imaginary, and thus pretty dangerous for a genin. That seemed acceptable.

"I don’t ask that you exactly take it easy on me, but somehow I think you should still take it a little easy on me. I am not exactly unpracticed, but I am a bit inexperienced. If you understand my meaning.

The smile that followed was supposed to be friendly but it holds a condescending edge to it that easily grated on the nerves. Arms crossed and fanning herself she easily came off as a little too posh.

last edit by Hisana on Apr 16, 2024 1:39:47 GMT -5
has written 26 posts
Purple Princess' First Dance [Training]Apr 17, 2024 0:41:54 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The Senju kept his silence as she would look at him, seizing him as if he were some sort of apparition, trying to guess the strength that he could wield in the midst of battle. It felt strange to be analyzed in such manner but he didn't raise his opinion for it. But he would heed her request about having said spar. "I will do my best to restraint myself." He would reply, nodding as he would take a few steps back, stretching as he would do so, taking a deep breath.

He went through his own list of techniques that he had learned and mastered, keep his sight on the young woman as he would allow her to come to mind on what to do. He would merely defend himself, seeing that it was likely better to see what she could do and how she had improved since their first meeting. Then he would be able to accurately decide what kind of strength he could use to meet hers. It was at the very least the plan that he had to work with. "Whenever you're ready, Hisana." He said, holding the seal of confrontation to begin this friendly spar.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Purple Princess' First Dance [Training]Apr 18, 2024 1:53:37 GMT -5
Hisana
Hisana Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Advancing on a stronger opponent was always difficult. It wasn’t just the skill difference, all of Hisana’s instincts told her not to charge in after the Senju.

"I appreciate that”, she says as she assumes a defensive posture for just a moment. Her eyes and mind work together, searching the jounin over and seeing no logical means of attacking him. Of course, that was sort of the point of fighting someone so much stronger. After a moment Hisana breaks her stance and straightens once more.

She tucks her fan under her left arm and says quietly. "I see no reason that I should hold back, however. I am going to begin with as much of my strength as I can muster.

As she speaks she forms a pair of hand seals to quickly finish a very useful jutsu. It is hard to notice but wind walking was such a common jutsu a jounin would surely see her feet lift slightly from the ground below her. She gathers up her fan again, shifting it to her left hand as her right reaches behind her and draws her wakizashi from the scabbard at her back.

Properly armed she assumes no real defensive posture. Instead she stands tall with a weapon out to either side, and a small smile on her lips. "Alright. Let’s see how I do, then..

She lifts her sword arm about her head a flash of steel before the girl gives a small twirl. Dancing on the wind, as she was, there was little friction to slow her turn, as she she faces Kazuto once more her left hand quickly rises.

A blast of wind comes suddenly from the fan, though it was not overtly destructive. The woods around them would flex at the great gale, though most sure footed humans could at least brace against it.

Hisana leans into the winds and races forward, gliding along the wind pads below her feet in a surprisingly fast dash from her previous place and in a slight left leaning arc around into Kazuto. She leads, perhaps predictably, with her wakizashi, a rapid slash leading the sharp, but unenhanced, edge across Kazuto’s torso, a slash quickly followed by a sound thrashing with the solid frame of her fan.

Jutsu used: Gale
Wind Walking
last edit by Hisana on Apr 18, 2024 1:59:49 GMT -5
has written 26 posts
Purple Princess' First Dance [Training]Apr 18, 2024 17:51:20 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"No, you shouldn't." The Senju would agree. He observed her as she began to wind up for her attack, the motions she would use whilst he felt the tension of coming battle. Her movements were, for a genin at the very least, fluid, well practiced, honed against invisible enemies. He noticed the technique that allows her to levitate barely above the soil, a jutsu he himself knew. And yet he would remain firm, waiting for her strike, crossing his arms before his chest as she makes her move. He felt the wind against his flesh, unperturbed as he watches her approach.

Kazuto sees the steel in her hand flashes under the sun light. The strikes descends down at a painfully slow speed, he felt his body move on his own, the muscle memory of countless training sessions and missions acting as a reflex as he would drag his feet, his boots scrapping the soil of the training area as he would begin to rotate on his own axis, the wakizashi slicing little more than just the very air of where he used to be, making her spend all her momentum as he would create room to escape.

Quickly, the Jonin would forge a single seal, feeling how his chakra began to course through his body as he would raise his hand, air began to coalesce in his palm and as his fingers opened the Senju would aim down, using the blast to strike at the genin, sending him flying away but not seeking to harm her. As the blast of air created a gale of its own, a cloud of dust would appear and then begin to settle. "As attacks go, that wasn't half bad." The Senju replied. "Perhaps a little bit too direct."

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS

Jutsu used:

NAME: Kuikkurōtēshon [Quick Rotation]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0

DESCRIPTION:
Utilizing chakra in the feet, ankles and legs specifically. It is a small amount of energy, but used precisely on reflexes and timing. This technique is gauged this way. When timed, the user can twist themselves abruptly out of the way of an attack. Like a speedy side-step, but a rotation of one's body to the side. A spin-move. This is only attacks in an immediate vicinity(three meters) anything else is too big an attack. Usually Taijutsu, but sometimes this technique is effective against close-range ninjutsu.

NAME: Fūton: Reppūshō [Wind Release: Gale Palm]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Fūton
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:
After charging Fūton chakra into one's hands, the caster will clap their hands to initiate this technique. The clap causes the Fūton to compress and transform into a powerful gale. The gale itself has enough force to knock a human off of their feet; however, this technique's true power shows when used in correlation with shuriken, as it increases the wounding, piercing, and killing potential several times over.
Purple Princess' First Dance [Training]Apr 21, 2024 2:47:51 GMT -5
Hisana
Hisana Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
She did not expect her sword to connect, they were only just getting started. Following through with her fan she notes the single hand seal before she can truly defend herself.

She levels out the iron frame of her fan defensively at the jutsu, though it is thankfully not very harmful. On cushions of air as she was she slides back easily with sudden gust. She rises up gracefully as Kazuto pauses to talk, her defensive posture vanishing in favor of her normal casual stance. Her fan opens and waves gently before her.

"I assure you that was just a hello.” she says, fidgeting for a moment with her fan before she reaches back and gives it another wave. Another blast of wind erupts from the fan, shaking the forest behind Kazuto. It was a subtle ruse though, a hand behind her fan taking the settling jutsu to sneak a smoke pellet from inside her sleeve. She kept it hidden carefully in her left hand for when she might need it. "It is not as though I thought I would land my very first attempt. Even if I don’t intend on slowly revealing my strength, it does not mean I can simply skip past the getting to know you phase.

Her fan remains idle for a moment at her side as she spoke to the jounin, though when she was done. She flexes her fan, bending the ribs some and making an arch to gather up her chakra in. Then she gives her hand another wave, and another blast of wind follows.

This one was a little different. Though a weaker breeze did come from the fan, the jutsu it made was instead compressed into a roiling ball of pressurized futon chakra. It flies away from Hisana rapidly and straight for Kazuto, threatening to consume him, and likely do more than her more casual gusts.

SA of note: Excess Chakra Supply
Jutsu used: Gale again. And also
NAME: Kyōfū Suiryoku [Gale Thrust]

CHAKRA USAGE: Low

CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu

ELEMENT: Futon

HANDSEALS: 0

REQUIREMENT: This jutsu requires a folding fan.

DESCRIPTION:
This technique requires that the user open their fan only a few inches, and bend it slightly to create a shallow arch of the fan's spines. Futon chakra is poured into this space before they quickly swing their hand forward, unleashing a powerful blast of wind in whichever direction they wave their fan.

This jutsu quickly condenses into a single pressurized sphere of visible wind chakra about three feet across which will travel about as quickly as an arrow towards the destined target. When the jutsu reaches its maximum range of 30 meters, or strikes anything be it target or otherwise, it will burst into a swirling vortex of chaotic wind chakra that is about 2 meters across. Those caught in the blast might receive some minor superficial lacerations from the wind chakra, but will all but certainly be knocked off their feet and sent tumbling on the ground a meter or two.

The force of this wind is sufficient to break normal windows, snap limbs off large trees or completely uproot much smaller ones.

has written 26 posts