A Letter to a Lord [Ichi]

compose a reply
A Letter to a Lord [Ichi]Apr 12, 2024 17:42:48 GMT -5
Kyodai Utsuwa
O, Jashin-sama, pray, guide these unworthy hands!
Kyodai Utsuwa Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
age 36 years old birthday February 29th rank D-Rank occupation Pilgrim
The letter, rolled into a scroll and sealed with the symbol of Jashin, a triangle within a circle, is written on paper of poor quality. Regardless, the calligraphy of the characters is elegant and artful, and a lot of care was clearly out into every stroke.

To the chief of the blasphemers residing within this sea of grass, Nakahara-sama,

As the seasons turn, the land and her people sigh in gratitude of new life, and brace for the birth of new pain. I pray that thee and thine find each in ample measure.

The procedures and arts of ye heathen art passing strange, and yet compelled am I with a request of surpassing strangeness. Pray thee, hearken unto mine words, and grant them due consideration, if naught else.

I claim not the title of ‘genin,’ as thee and thine name thy footsoldiers. And yet I occupy that selfsame role within mine own order, after a fashion. A lesser prophet, a feebly grasping hand for Jashin-sama’s use. Full desire doth I to strengthen mine grip, and give unto the heathen evidence of the magnitude of the providence that dwelleth within mine breast.

For these reasons and others I petition thee: pray, permit me to participate in these so-called chūnin examinations. I come to thee to represent the temple of Jashin-sama, else the Country of Law, should the former be unacceptable to thee.

Ere thou raise thy suspicions, know that I shalt submit to any law or restriction for the duration that doth not violate sacred dogma. It is not out of malice or desire for harm that I come to thee. Despite the barbarity of these examinations, I shalt not render death unto any present. Of this, thou hast my most solemn vow. Full willing am I also to give proof unto my abilities. Though I wield not thy blasphemous arts, thou shalt find in me a combatant of adequate virtue.

I shalt await thy reply. Pray, let it be favorable.

May suffering guide thee and thine into Jashin-sama's embrace,

His unworthy vessel,
Kyodai Utsuwa
Boats has written 79 posts