compose a reply
Notes to the Wise[Solo]Apr 18, 2024 4:30:50 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Date:XXX

I'm tryin to be careful as this could just as easily become some whiny diary...but I figured that since I don't talk a lot on what I'm dealing with...not that I could...it might help to just write it down. Hell if I know anymore...

It's crazy how I can claim to be smart when I don't even know half as much as what I think....

Anyway...the documents I've found in relation to Lady Sumiye record her birth as....well...its unrecorded....same with history of origin save for Kaze no Kuni and parentage being just as mysterious. I swear people live off mysterious backgrounds....

The map Lord Kiyoshi gave me brought me to a ruins in the Lands of the Fallen Star. The same name as that was recorded upon Sumiye's tomb when me and Dad found it all those years ago. I figured it was a connection between myself and Sumiye herself, but I think its her birthplace...it would make sense that she'd have it written somewhere...can't prove it though...

There are still four other locations that I need to investigate in order to piece the rest of the Oonakayama family line and perhaps even discover just who her parents were...

It was always assumed that her parents were Oonakayama, but I've been thinkin on that lately and maybe that isn't true...or at least..not the whole story....

-Example 1: Shippai Guardian: Enemi-

Found within Workshop unearthed within Sunagakure Outskirts: Dated activation somewhere between Sumiye's rise and fall.

Based on what accounts they gave me, I know that Sumiye had a Shippai bodyguard...considering what Shippai are made of, that meant that it was likely someone who was greatly trusted. In the end, I couldn't exactly confirm who that person was. Dead end there...but after thinking on that, it lead me to believe that perhaps Sumiye had found interests in the usage of Puppets. But there were never any stories or recovered objects that showed her using them in combat or in any form.

Enemi story is valid enough to prove that she had one at her side during the war, but after which there was never any other accounts of it being of her own design.

Meaning someone else had been it's creator...or there was more going on than described in the clan texts...

-Example 2: Bunpuki: First Jinchuuriki-

100 years is a long time to live in a kettle...personally I would have settled for just a mountain side if I was goin to isolate.

Still, he had managed to live so long due to this process and likely extended his life because of limited access or usage of Shukaku's chakra. Based on my previous conversations with them, I've basically halved my shelf life. Not that it matters, just kinda puts a lot of things on a time crunch...

Point being...it was long rumored that Bunpuki had possibly been the child of Sumiye and that he was given the position of Jinchuuriki due to both having similar Chakra frequency. Similar to me and Dad....

It would make sense considering that it does take a lot to be a Jin, more than that, it takes even more strength of will to ensure ya don't go crazy because of it. With my family's history in this department...that ship has set sail and ported more than once. My namesake included...

In any case, must consider the possible father being a wandering monk or perhaps someone who held enough influence to lull the Kage into a relationship. No record of it is shown, but clearly something happened to create the next generation and the one after that.

By Sega of Nowhere and Everywhere
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Apr 18, 2024 4:31:55 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,683 posts
Notes to the Wise[Solo]Apr 19, 2024 5:11:11 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

Mom always said I thought too much.....she wasn't wrong....

I thought I was getting better at being able to express myself and talk about what I was feeling...it was getting easier...especially with Asahi and with my friends....

Now I feel like....I have this...pit....in my stomach...and it hurts...each time I try and say something about what I'm going through....

It just...feels like I'm hollowing it out more and more and I don't even see an end to it...

I don't know why its so hard to say it....maybe its cause once I do....I can never take it back....

It becomes real.....it's a fact...its out there...even though everyone knows now....

Maybe writing it down will do it....it should be enough just reading it...

My mom is dead.....and I miss her...

---------------------

Research notes #2

-Example 3: Ornate Dagger-

It had been a prize to foreign samurai when it was reclaimed....not used and seemed mostly for decoration. It was gifted to Sumiye by her father, but it was interesting due to the fact that it was the first real clue that she had any solid familial connection. Every account of the First Kazekage give no indication of Sumiye having any relatives to speak of. Save for the rumor of Bunpuki being her son. At the end, it could be that this is whats driving me to look more into it.

I said before that the connection between myself and Sumiye is more or less just theory. Even if I did believe what I saw, no one else would take such an account into consideration. I don't even know if I'd take it seriously had I not seen it...twice...

Bunpuki and Sumiye left "echo" of their chakra within objects containing seals...

I've dabbled with the concept myself, but even with all my knowledge, I don't know how they managed to prompt them to react in a way that reflects conscious thought. Its possible that their chakra is the key, but I can't say for sure. In the end, they aren't there anymore...

The Kettle in which housed Bunpuki is no more than a relic, and even if I did want go back to the Tomb of the First, it's likely that all I'd see is a well preserved corpse.

No answers there....so I'm on my own for the rest...but if I'm right...then her father was some kind of craftsman...

Notes to the Wise[Solo]Apr 26, 2024 5:20:47 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

Its strange when you consider how much life can move onward and then suddenly pause in a single second....

I should be writing my notes down, but all I find myself doing is drifting and considering a concept...

Surprising right? Me gettin on philological...if ya haven't figured it out yet...I do that...alot...

Probably cause I always think I'm smarter than everyone else...most of the time thats true...

Anyway...

I guess where I'm going is the thought of memories....

Everyone has them...and they can be considered personal or shared experiences between more than one person.

Example...I remember my first family vacation to an Oasis close to the village...

I remember the smells, the sounds and even the look on Dad's face as Set managed to keep himself afloat in the water long enough before Mom reached up and scooped him into her arms. I remember thinking how I thought I could swim back then too...

Big mistake...

Anyway...I recall those memories vividly and yet if I asked Set...he'd say that he barely remembers it....of course...he was only two or three...

Though memories and history...differ due to the context in which it is recorded...

I can say that the world was round....but only because someone long ago thought of the idea of trying to prove that to be so. They traveled from one corner to the next and eventually proved it. No falling off the edge...no magical dip into the endless abyss...just a long trip back home...

Memories are different because you can recall something and someone can have been there as well but see it completely different.

Can ya guess where I'm goin with this?

History is documented by not just shared experience, but collected information to prove it's truth. When more details are shared and are similar...that makes it fact and hence...history...but what if those thoughts aren't lining up? What if there are pieces left out? Do we ignore them or simply erase them completely?

Sumiye's father was someone....they existed...that is fact...but no trace of the man existed until now...so that means...that someone told a story about the life of Lady Sumiye...and never included anything else save for that...

Was it intentional...or out of desired focus of the narrative?

History is written by the victors...and in the end my Clan was on top...but why hide this?

Clans....what a drag...