Just B-Cuz [Training]

compose a reply
Just B-Cuz [Training]Apr 20, 2024 21:32:17 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes

Hark, Uchiha Kai
Train with me, local fox Sage
This was a Haiku

The scroll was "delivered", if it can be called that, by what was clearly just a Miroru clone Transformed to have a long white beard and bushy mustache. She delivered a forcibly wavery, "Now don't keep the sage waiting, whippersnapper!" before discorporating in a burst of smoke.

Thankfully, it did also include a listed training field and a time to show up if he felt like it. And not JUST the haiku.

Though that would have been hilarious.

By the time Kai shows up, Miroru is already there, early and warming up. Her gunbai is set to the side, leaving her to do stretches and such on her own... while yet another Miroru lounges off to the side, plunked against an absolutely MASSIVE... fox..? with odd bony protrusions like featherless wings. They both look quite comfortable and far less serious than the Miroru warming up.

"So how come I have to do all the training?"

"Because you're not gonna dissolve into smoke with one hit. It's fine, you'll remember cuddling all the same later."

"It's not the same as actually cuddling!!!"
"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
Just B-Cuz [Training]Apr 23, 2024 8:57:30 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Team 1
Kai read the note given to him awkwardly as he sighed. It was quite obviously Miroru, didn't take much detective sleuthing to figure that one out, though one had to question why she was calling herself a sage. Weren't sages very specific forms of training? He didn't know her too well but he did know she didn't seem like the kind of girl to have the patience for something like that.

Not that it mattered. Kai had spoken a bit to a few different people, and realized he hardly spent a lick of time with his cousins. Indeed, it seemed as though he distanced himself from the rest of his family. Not that it was his intention, though one could easily see how it would be, considering how his family treated him- But to him, it was more so his focus on his Shinobi duties and balancing that out with trying to leverage his love life with Sachi.

So with that said, he felt a little inspired to reach out to this "Fox Sage" and seek a bit of training. If he recalled, the last time he saw this girl he was hitting on her to distract them when they were at the Chuunins. It was a good strategy, even if it did get some odd side-eyes his way.

Not his fault. He stepped up to the training area, as the scent of cinnamon was deliciously in the air- All signs pointing to a single Uchiha, dressed in his usual black zip up hoodie, with a cigarette dripping out of his mouth.

"Miroru-chan. You called me here for some training..." He glanced over at the lazing about Miroru before he turned towards the stretching one. Kai had already done his stretches before he got here, but regardless, his Glaive hung over his back rather awkwardly as he puffed away at his cigarette. Speaking of...

"Want a smoke?" He offered the pack forward, a cinnamon flavored cigarette inside. They were already child soldiers, what was on extra life shortening trick to add to the mix?
Caelum has written 214 posts
Just B-Cuz [Training]Apr 24, 2024 3:23:19 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
On the one hand, Kai was exactly on the money in his analysis of Miroru's usual behaviors. Patience for the intense discipline and control required of a sage wasn't something that came to her even close to naturally.

But then, neither did the self awareness, emotional control, or chakra control required of a Jinchuuriki.

The redhead groaned as the version snuggled with the fox started to snicker! "SEE? He won't use any honorifics either~!" "YEAH! I noticed!" The one who'd been stretching threw her hands up. "How come?! You won't, Tokaku won't- nobody in this clan wants to show me any respect! I'm starting to feel like that chubby shinobi with the funny eyes, the one that's always messing with his forehead protector and muttering "No respect!"

It was... MOSTLY goofing. She didn't care MUCH, though the fact it wasn't just Tokaku stung a WEE bit.

"Oh, um. No, but thanks. I'm supposed to avoid stuff like smokes and liquor. That does smell nice though... how come yours doesn't smell like vanilla, like Grandpa's?"

She shook her head a bit to refocus. "But- yeah! I wanted to offer to practice with you a bit. I don't get to see my cousins as much as I'd like." She laced her hands behind her head, relaxing her arms to let them dangle there. "I know you graduated and are just sorta waiting for the promotion to come through officially- you working on anything I can help ya train for in the meantime?"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
Just B-Cuz [Training]Apr 24, 2024 10:38:05 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Team 1
Kai bit his tongue for a moment as he pulled the smoke out of his lips. Honorifics... His weakness. He glanced off to the side as he untied his tongue as he spoke.

"I'm not very good at them, that's all." He shrugged. "It's not a respect thing, I promise." He smiled as he placed the cigarette back into his mouth. He listened to the small girl continue to bicker with herself, a small chuckle released as he puffed away.

"Nobody respects me either. You know I was considered the second child in my family? The look on their faces when the deadbeat they barely kept fed ended up unlocking their fancy special dojutsu before their prodigal daughter..." He sneered, but he seemed rather over it. Either that, or he was good at hiding the more emotional side of that pain.

"These? Ah. My girlfriend got me into smoking while I was in Kusa. I picked up a flavor from them that doesn't make me smell awful. They are pretty good at making smoking products over there. Just a shame I have to travel so far to buy more..." He grumbled, rubbing behind his head.

"Anyways... I figured I should hang out with my cousins more as well. So here we are. As for what I need..." He pulled the glaive off his back, slamming it dull edge first into the ground.

"I'm trying to figure out a way to use handseals while I'm still wielding my weapon. It's not exactly one-handed seals... More like... Two half seals created in each hand, making one full seal. It's tough, but if you want to help, I'd appreciate it." He shrugged, as he knew it was rather complicated.

Probably more complicated than it should have been, but, that was neither here nor there.
Caelum has written 214 posts