[Question] Concerning THE Juin Jutsu

compose a reply
[Question] Concerning THE Juin JutsuJul 29, 2015 18:50:27 GMT -5
Tantetsu, Kosuke
Alive
Tantetsu, Kosuke Avatar
groupnull
age 61 years old birthday January 25th rank Elite Jōnin occupation Jōnin Hanchō
CLARIFICATION Leading this off, I want to point towards the title. THE Juin Jutsu. Not Juinjutsu, the category of techniques falling under Fuuinjutsu. Just want to make sure anyone involved gets that.
Alright, so. Everyone who's read Naruto to like, chapter 200~ or watched the anime to a certain degree knows what Orochimaru's Juinjutsu is. Its what the Sound Four, Sasuke, and Kimmi had. Weird stuff, gave them power, yada yada. Anyway, it turned out how it worked was absorbing Natural Energy through a gland of Jugo's Clan, which, for pretty good reasons, isn't on the site. Coming from that, we have the jutsu for the Juinjutsu here on the site. Restricted, yes, but that's probably because no one has a way to have created it, AU and all. Why?

Because no one can create it with the Natural Energy.

I get that an underpowered Sage Mode is still a really big problem, especially if it causes growths on the body that just make you uber. It's also really hard to balance for a site. That's where my question comes in - would the existence of the jutsu on the restricted list prevent anyone from creating something similar, to where they could mark characters and give them power through some means other than natural energy? I know I've personally conflicted with the staff before because of jutsu coming to what was considered too close to canon techs, and yeah, I get that.

And, as a follow up for my question, I have a suggestion.

What about instead of that juinjutsu, we have it as a slot for someone to try and create a similar juinjutsu, just without Natural Energy? Unless, of course, they wanted to. That's just an idea, anyway.
Snake has written 40 posts
[Question] Concerning THE Juin JutsuJul 31, 2015 18:21:54 GMT -5
Sega
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Sega Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
I would like to think that the answer to your first question is a yes, it would not be allowed because we generally try to avoid techniques that essentially do the same things as our SAs even through different methods. HOwever, I think you seem to be catching onto something with your second. Although this is only my opinion and I will have to double check with other staff, but I see no issue in it being on option in which they can create a similar technique to replace Orochimaru's Juinjutsu on the SA list.
has written 514 posts
[Question] Concerning THE Juin JutsuAug 15, 2015 19:08:31 GMT -5
Haru
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Haru Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
Well the whole point behind Orochimaru's Juinjutsu was because due his swapping of body, he didn't have the ability use natural chakra due the levels of the host bodies he had. I suppose that if you wanted to make one, you could theoretically make them. But they would be underpowered, in comparison with the canon ones.
last edit by Haru on Aug 15, 2015 19:08:52 GMT -5
has written 164 posts

quick reply

compose a reply