[S Rank] Setting the StageAug 17, 2015 20:21:01 GMT -5
Nara Shikaru
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nara Shikaru Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

setting the stage

MISSION RANK: S
NPC REQUIRED?: Yes. Someone quite active and consistent (and willing to plot out the general plot points with team beforehand). 

PARTICIPANTS

Squad Leader - Tantetsu Amatsumaru

Squad:
- Yutakako Kaito 
- Hisakawa Ryuunosuke 

DESCRIPTION:
Iwagakure has been militarizing, nationalizing a strong idealistic image of themselves, spreading military propaganda throughout Earth Country, and taking aggressive action and stances on the national scale. However, the Daimyo - Nagao Haruhisa - has been vocal of his negative stance towards the direction Iwagakure is taking. He has visited village leaders and has given public opinions on the matter. In areas surrounding his stronghold, local support for Iwagakure has been diminishing.

Simply put: Iwagakure cannot have a Daimyo who so vocally opposes Iwagakure. It's time the village makes a statement... It's time we assassinate Nagao Haruhisa. Due to the nature of this mission, it must be a covert operation. No one must know Iwa is behind this. Nagao has locked himself in his stronghold tower and is protected by ten thugs with shinobi training who are willing to give their lives for him. The objective is to go in and not only kill Nagao, but any witnesses to the attack. Leave as little evidence as possible.

If successful, Iwagakure will install a new Daimyo they have in place that is pro-Iwagakure and supports the Tsuchikage. If you fail, blame will be placed on you. Iwagakure will mark the squad as missing-nin, condemn you, and claim you acted of your own accord. You will be viciously hunted and eliminated. No one must know this was Iwa, and Iwa cannot face international humiliation. Come back successful or don't come back alive at all...

last edit by Nara Shikaru on Aug 18, 2015 20:16:02 GMT -5
has written 16 posts
[S Rank] Setting the StageAug 20, 2015 21:47:24 GMT -5
Nara Shikaru
Nara Shikaru Avatar
groupnull
I am not trying to be argumentative at all, but I thought that this would be something ultimately within the scope of the "GM" of the village (whoever owns the Kage RP Position) with approval from the admins/mods of course. Now, before I drafted this mission, I searched the canon material on this forum and found nothing mentioning Tsuchi's Daimyo. 

- Can you point me to where it describes the standing of the Daimyo for the site's background/history/plot/canon? I simply want to see what/where I was missing this. Also, how long ago was the Second Tsuchikage alive and could this then be a successor to the Daimyo at that time? 

Also, if there is no mention of said Daimyo on this forum's back log, then where are you drawing this information? Naruto canon? If so, it should be irrelevant as this site is AU. And regardless, if this information is not readily available to any user through use of the forum then cant it be easily changed if it creates a community-built plot that contains a certain "awesome factor"?

The only mention of this support is on the wiki, which states: "The Daimyo himself has raised taxes within the country in order to put his full support within Iwagakure." However, this states that he only supports Iwagakure generally. This is obvious as a Daimyo and does not imply that he supports the specific, and most recent, actions/direction of the village. 

Excuse me if I am wrong, but I see a logical disconnect and potential for a semi-global plot arc that could be quite cool.
has written 16 posts
[S Rank] Setting the StageAug 21, 2015 18:29:55 GMT -5
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
groupnull
He was alive for 104 years ago, to the current year of the site, but the second Tsuchikage just recently died, and the most recent daimyo was the one backing his conquest, Sorry it isn't listed anywhere as I have yet to add it in, but I got the information from the player of the second tsuchikage, pre his death, also I'm sorta the site loreboss so like, it's my job to memorize all this junk. And honestly given it was integral to a lot of Background info IE, the reason the current Tsuchikage is in place at all. Honestly it's a real easy easy easy fix. Instead of them going to assassinate the Daimyo to put in a new daimyo, couldn't they assassinate a powerful noble lord who has raised an army to ursurp the Daimyo and who had sympathies towards the loosing side of the civil war? And given I'm in the mission I'd suggest that the Ursurper if you care to use it, I'd suggest Using Ishigakure nin and Tanigakure nin, as they both have a chip on their shoulder over their past subjugation by Iwagakure.

Edit, FYI the Second Tsuchikage's conquest was gonna be Iwa's village plot I believe I outlined it on the wiki.
last edit by Wraith on Aug 21, 2015 18:33:44 GMT -5
has written 29 posts