raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 13/10 rank Jounin occupation Being Awesome
To: Yukikage
Yukigakure
Yuki no Kuni
The Yuki Office.

*Random scrawling as she ponders why they like the world Yuki so much..*

Hello. Sorry, this letter might seem really unformal, or informal, or however. But I can't actually find anything around as to how to refer to you. So, insight on that matter would be appriciated.

Also, hello. This is a different hello to the other hello. This is more an introducing hello than a hello to start a conversation with. I'm Raimaa Futago, head of the Futago clan and Lady of Kusagakure. There really isn't much about you at all around the office, and short of writing to the Hokage, who is a little bit scary and already seems to be staring glaring at me through a letter, I can't go off much.

I did, however, hear from some. Well, people, I guess. Friends would be a lie. You have a cool metal, Ranmantaru steel, and that you have people willing be mercenaries. I, have need of both, and would like to come to your country and talk to you personally about procuring them. And do some talky thing, maybe have some tea.

Finishing this rambling mess of a letter, so yea. No more letter-torture. I hope to hear from you soon.

Raimaa Futago
Kusagakure Lady
Nohara no Kuni.

By Sega of Nowhere and Everywhere

last edit by raimaa futago on Feb 28, 2016 13:53:56 GMT -5
Lilly has written 881 posts
Letter to the Yuki...kage?Feb 28, 2016 7:43:36 GMT -5
Saya Yoi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Saya Yoi Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
It has been a while since Saya had received any correspondence from other ninja villages.

With the situation across the sea, on the mainland, being volatile and uncertain, with leaders swapping left and right, it was hard to maintain any lasting relationships with the countries, through letters. So, at some point, Saya just stopped trying. It was after Konoha had changed 3 of their Kages in a row. But today was an unusual day. When she walked into her office, early in the morning, there was a scroll waiting for her at the table. Saya had recognized the seal too - it was the seal of Kusagakure - its emblem etched on the wax. Curious, and intrigued, the Invisible Hand of Yukigakure sat in her chair, and gently broke the seal. Unfolding the parchment, and glancing over the message. 

- They allow just about anyone to be the village leader these days... - she said to herself, while reading the message, an incredulous smirk on her face. It didn't look like an official message from one leader to another. It looked like a scribble that academy students passed between one another, during a boring class. And yet ... this scribble was written on an expensive parchment, with Kusagakure's official seal, too... Finished reading, Saya stopped for a bit, to consider the offer. This woman wanted to make business, particularly in terms of armaments and mercenaries. Although Saya despised the idea of her village being viewed as a source of exotic mercenaries, she could not turn away such a profitable source of income just yet. The woman, Raimaa Futago, also offered to come to the village herself, to personally seal the deal. A brave move... And foolish too. Reaching for a pen, and parchment, Saya began writing her answer:

- To the Lady of Kusagakure, leader of Futago clan, Futago Raimaa.

Greetings, Futago Raimaa. May your village know success prosperity for one hundred years, under your leadership. 

You may address to me as Yoi Saya, third Lady of Yukigakure. I appreciate you taking interest in two commodities our village could provide - excellent weapons and skillful warriors. We take pride in them, and I am glad someone on the mainland has an eye for quality. If you wish to visit our lands, we would welcome you as an honored guest. 

As a token of our goodwill, I send a small present along with this letter. The quality of our Ranmataru steel is legendary, and I would like to give you a chance to experience it firsthand. When time comes for you to arrive, give us a word in advance, so that we could prepare a proper welcoming committee.

Signed: Yoi Saya, Third Lady of Yukigakure, leader of the Yoi clan.

Having finished writing the message, Saya had sealed it with her own, official seal. Stamping the wax, it was done, and ready to be sent out. However, there was one more thing to be done. Opening one of her drawers,  she pulled out a knife. A very thin knife, made to cut paper. It was of greenish color, with an elaborate etching on the blade. It was one of the gifts from Ranmataru Empire, that she had received over the years. Made of Ranmataru steel. Saya had no use for it, but even something so 'harmless' was able to cut into most swords, made of normal steel. Both were soon picked up, and sent out, towards Kusagakure.
has written 718 posts
Letter to the Yuki...kage?Feb 28, 2016 13:53:08 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
To: Yoi Saya, third Lady of Yukigakure
Yukigakure
Yuki no Kuni
The Yuki Office

Thank you for your friendly praise, or though I think I'll try get out of this year without getting kidnapped or dying before I got for a hundred. There's sort of a pressidant with short-lived leaders right now.

And thank you for your mini-stilleto, I have never really used one of them, the smallest blade I have is my Punch Knife, but I can see it's potential in a heated fight. I'll have my blacksmith appraise it when she....recovers. My ability in that field can be seperated into 'cuts someone's head off' and 'doesn't cut someone's head off'. You may be curious to know what a Punch Knife is, so I sent you one. The knife part is in a sheath, so it doesn't accidentally cut someone on the way there. It's pretty sharp.

I'll be sure to tell you when I have a more exact date, but there is some preperations first. Village needs to settle a little, and I need some winter clothes. Being in a forest, surrounded by two really hot countries doesn't make for winter clothes very often.

Wonderings may also be had about the blue ink, but I decided to use it to make you feel more at ease, since you are surrounded by ice, and ice is blue, so this letter should be one that makes you feel comfortable reading it. 

Raimaa Futago
Kusagakure Lady
Nohara no Kuni

P.S: I like you. Either being very polite, or dealing with a lot of bad letters, you didn't bring up the fact that it was as far from formal as you could get with a letter, like most people would. I'll bring tea, and some cakes. It's good to have a friend, person, rather than a friend leader.

Letter to the Yuki...kage?Feb 28, 2016 14:32:25 GMT -5
Saya Yoi
Saya Yoi Avatar
groupnull
Another letter from Kusagakure had arrived within days. 

Saya was expecting it, with a bit of curiosity as to what would be in it. She had been trying to guess the content of the message she found at her table this morning, before opening it. Some platitudes, no doubt, written in the familiar, informal manner. It had reminded the Lady of a friend she had in Iwagakure, named Amaterasu. That one too, acted very ... un-ninja-like. Much unlike Saya, who was a strict by-the-book shinobi. This one seemed to be of the same kind, and the lady wondered just how old she was.

Without further hesitation, the letter was opened. 

A smirk appeared on Saya's face, as she read about the color of the ink, chosen to make her feel more 'comfortable'. It was considerate, even if misplaced - Saya didn't care much about the color of the ink. But ... she didn't like the ice and snow she was surrounded with, all of her life. It was lifeless and cold. Her favorite color was green. Just like her armor, made of ranmataru steel. 

With the letter came a gift too - an odd-looking knife, which combined both a knife and a brass knuckle. It looked like a very ... crude weapon. Made for brutal close-quarter fighting. Lacking the finesse and elegance of a sword. Saya would have little use for it ... But it would find a suitable place on her shelf of gifts. Twirling it in hand, she found a trigger, and pressed on it. The blade was fired out of the handle, and embedded itself into the ice wall. Saya blinked, smirking again. It was a neat toy.

I thank you for your gift. It is of an unusual design, such I have never seen before. I will need to fix the hole it made in the wall of my office. 

We shall be eagerly waiting for your arrival, but we understand that matters of home must come first. It is unfortunate that the mainland has to go through a dangerous stage of uncertainty, and I wish you to go through the first, hardest year of your reign, with dignity. 

The lands of Winter will be waiting for your arrival. I am looking forward to an age of friendship and prosperity between our people.

Saya had sealed the letter, and placed it on her table. Thoughtful. There was a reason she avoided a direct answer for the offer of becoming a friend, by this ... Futago Raimaa. The Lady of Yukigakure was painfully aware of the position both of them were in. The needs of the village had to come first, always. She doubted that friendship between the two would be possible. For some time the needs of the villages might collide one with another, forcing the two to cross blades. 

And besides... Saya did not count out the possibility this friendliness was but a ruse. An attempt to play the fool, in order to lull her into a sense of false security. Saya was vigilant like that. And maybe a bit paranoid.
has written 718 posts
Letter to the Yuki...kage?Feb 28, 2016 15:00:10 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yukigakure
Yuki no Kuni
The Yuki Office

I spilled the blue ink....I could probably have used black ink, but that'd be boring. So, instead I used green ink. I know it's pretty opposed to your land, but maybe you'll find interest in the colour, or something.

Also, very sorry for forgetting about the trigger mechanism. I have never actually shared my weapons with anyone besides the person who makes them before, so it never occured to me to actually explain how they work. I hope you like it though, it's not awesome like the Ranmantaru Steel, and it isn't elegant or beautiful like a sword. It is a Shinobi Weapon, because it's greatest asset is what it hides, and the lack of flash that causes people to over-look it, or underestimate it's abilities. Like a good Shinobi.

But, I get rather caught up in weapons, sorry. I will admit there is little call for another letter like this beyond apologising for your wall but it is nice to trade letters with someone who doesn't see, or at least doesn't point out, my lack of Ladyness. As if I was meant to sprout it overnight or something.

A question you can totally ignore, but...how do you Lady? I  have been telling people it's like running a clan, just with a bigger hat, but that's a lie, and I don't think I can lead Kusagakure like people expect me to, espeically with all the unwarranted grudges and roiling mainland problems. Sometimes I think it would be best just to pull Kusa out of the ground, and drop it in the sea somewhere, so we can float alone on our little island.

Never really done diginty either, just, did whatever was needed to get something done. And said something was usually icky and not very nice. So, it might be fun to learn how to diginty from you, when I come to visit.

Raimaa Futago
Kusagakure Lady
Nohara no Kuni.

Letter to the Yuki...kage?Mar 1, 2016 15:00:38 GMT -5
Saya Yoi
Saya Yoi Avatar
groupnull
Another letter came from Kusagakure, unexpectedly soon.

Saya had been anticipating one much later, she had worded her last one as 'end of conversation', so to speak. And yet, another morning she found another letter at her desk, with a familiar seal. Wondering what it could be this time, the pale female broke the seal, and read through the letter.

The first thing she noticed was the bright green color of ink, which made things hard to read. Still, Saya was able to do so, another part added to psychological portrait of the new ruler of Kusagakure. She was ... clumsy. Or at least, seemed that way. Losing her ink bottle like that. It reminded Saya of a child at school, that came to a writing test without a quill, or ink. 

The questions that followed had reaffirmed Saya's impression. This ... Raimaa, whoever she was, was likely young, and confused about her role as a village leader. Why else would she ask a leader of a distant frozen world, for advice on how to lead her village? The Lady of Yukigakure tapped her finger against the surface of the table, listening to the tap her sharp nail made every time. She was in this position ... 5 or 6 years ago. When, unexpectedly to all, she became a head of both clan and her own ninja village. 

She contemplated, recalling the life she had, and comparing it to existence she had now. A sour smile appeared on her face, as she reached for the paper and pen again. Writing a message to the person so far far away.

Greetings, Futago Raimaa. 

I understand that it is a hard time for anyone to ascend to the throne, as the situation along your borders remains fluid and unstable. I will try to answer your question about reigning the village, to the best of my ability. I hope my insights will be useful to your cause.

Being the Lady of your village is not some sort of reward, but instead a great burden, due to things that come along with the position. It is a hard and thankless job, as I have myself discovered. A good ruler puts the needs of the village before her own, and must be ready to sacrifice everything, including one's life, for its sake. 

The shinobi world, as you already know, is ripe with conflict and strife. Every village looks out for itself. Alliances are fragile, and often broken. They exist like spiders in a jar. Friendships will be used against you, family might be abducted to force you into an action unfavorable to your village.

As your village's strongest warrior, you will be prime target for assassinations. Without you the defense of your village will be compromised. You might be forced to do things that are against your sense of honor, better judgment, in order to have your village prosper. Expect most of your effort to be left unnoticed, and even those who knew you before slowly distancing due being on a different level from you. 

You will also need to learn to speak sweet words when people expect to hear them, to tell lies when staring peoples in the eyes, to shake hands while preparing a dagger, and be prepared for the other to have a dagger in turn. It is called 'Diplomacy'. 

You will encounter all this, as time passes by. I imagine your task being harder than mine. Yuki no Kuni is a frozen wasteland in the far north, while your country is trapped between many larger ones, and in case a war breaks out, yours will be the battlefield. But you understand this already, I would imagine. I foresee your need for mercenaries and weapons to be motivated by such. 

If you could move your country to an island and live there, prosperously, I suggest you do not delay doing so.

last edit by Saya Yoi on Mar 1, 2016 15:02:21 GMT -5
has written 718 posts
Letter to the Yuki...kage?May 17, 2016 12:50:29 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yukigakure
Yuki no Kuni
The Yuki Office

*The letter is headed by a small, strange looking drawing, to small and strange to be evident what the drawing actually is*

This, is the Man of Irritation. He is present in all letters that are of an irritating nature. And this letter is so irritated it would have burst a vein in it's forehead, if it had a forehead.

The reason for the irritation is that, when I got home and started making prepration for the Bijuu, so it would stop gathering dust in the basement and actually be useful. But no, my friend that was meant to come along but couldn't because she thought getting drunk every day was the anwser to all life problems was ag--*The word ends in a scrawl that was obviously the quil snapping from to much force being applied*

Anyway. She said I'm not allowed to do anything with the Bijuu, and even said there would be bad things happening if I did. So, buggerations. I gave her a month to find a Jinchuriki and prove to me that the dam thing is worth all the hassle, but as of now, selling it to you is not really an option. Sorry. 

Raimaa Futago
Kusagakure Lady
Nohara no Kuni.

last edit by raimaa futago on May 17, 2016 12:51:02 GMT -5
Letter to the Yuki...kage?May 17, 2016 14:09:26 GMT -5
Saya Yoi
Saya Yoi Avatar
groupnull
Saya had been expecting a letter from Kusagakure to arrive ... eventually.

The visit of Futago Raimaa was a very strange, and unusual one. Saya had thought that she had made a lasting impression on the young pink-haired woman, both with words and skill. Enough to actually talk her into selling her Bijuu over to Yukigakure. She couldn't believe that it was possible. It seemed... surreal, almost. Almost like wishful thinking, or a fantasy. So, the letter was anticipated with vigor and interest. And when it came over, Saya had almost torn the envelope asunder, like a child too eager to receive a present. But ... the message contained inside, was not what the Lady had been waiting for. She stared at the words, for a little while, before a small, disappointed smile appeared on her face.

Just as I expected... It was too good to be true. 

Pulling out a clean parchment, and a pen, she wrote her answer.

Greetings, Futago Raimaa.

It is most unfortunate to hear you back away from the deal that we have agreed upon. In the world of diplomacy the certainty of one's word dictates how trustworthy they are, and one should always take care to make sure their reputation does not have any stains on it. 

It saddens me to hear that your word is not treated with respect and authority it deserves, even within your own village. You should make efforts to consolidate your rule and authority, and have none question it. Lest you wish them to question your orders and decisions time and again, until there is no decision left that you will be able to truly call your own. 

However, I do not wish this incident to hamper the relationship between both our villages. I remember that you expressed desire to procure a deal between our peoples, and purchase our Ranmataru steel, as well as our specialists. I will be sending an emissary to Kusagakure, to speak in my name, and deliver the conditions of the deal. I am sure we could forge a mutually-beneficial trade agreement, that neither would want to back away from. The next letter will be delivered by my emissary. 

P.S: I will leave the offer of the Bijuu on the table. Feel free to return to it, once you acquire more weight within your own village.

Letter to the Yuki...kage?Jun 27, 2017 20:42:59 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki no Kuni
The Yuki Office

"Coming over, much to discuss. Put the kettle on"

Crazy Cat Lady