Alias SuggestionJul 14, 2016 19:52:22 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
we don't take pictures, when you're rich you just see it again

Aliases Suggestion

So, as it so stands the use of the "Other-Alias" in that I see through many character profiles is that a lot of people have them, including lower ranked people like Genin and Chūnin. Seeing them, people with aliases of varying colors and importances but they don't seem at all justified and while I can see the reasoning (an extra usage of customization of a character) I've rarely seen them in actual usage in IC threads.

Canonically, only the very best had them. (e.g. The Yellow Flash, Ōnoki of Both Scales, the 9 tails Jinchūriki.) So, to bring back a little importance to them, I have two possible suggestions that could be both used or altered. ^_^

A) That aliases should also have a corresponding important of how well that they are known:

[Global], [Village], [Country/ies (Tsuchi, Kaminari, etc)] or [Friendship Group] (Friendship could be changed) and so people would be able to identify them without knowing them depending on the scale of the person in question (actual information such as techniques, etc, would still remain anonymous unless specifically stated)

B) Shinobi below Special Jōnin rank desiring aliases are to be earned IC  with evidence with the name usage and then branded with the appropriate tag.

Ultimately, I understand the change is pedantic and not really required, but I think the result of which could actually improve some small quality of life for threads, as well as making characters feel important, as to distinguish the good from the great, the all powerful Kage from the Genin.

What do you think?

Akira~
LAIKA OF GAGNAM STYLE
last edit by Deleted on Jul 14, 2016 19:54:09 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Alias SuggestionJul 14, 2016 22:45:34 GMT -5
Natsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Natsu Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
I actually think your suggestion is pretty neat.

I very much like the idea of labeling so readers of the profile would know how well known they were. If they were used by friends/family/villages/etc.

As for the second part, I see your reasoning to gain the nicknames/aliases IC, especially from a young age. I wouldn't totally mind that, other than some names might be pre-plotted. I have to admit that some of my genin have random suggested names that I didn't need. But some of them came from plots or relationships that were supposed to have been already incorporated. Like my genin Keiko's adoptive mother calling her the Lizard Princess. It turned into something she even calls herself.

As always, a simple appeal can add names that are given from threads no problem. But I think you're two-fold wanting to restrict the usage of willy nilly names and make them important. There's merit in that and I find it interesting.
has written 786 posts

quick reply

compose a reply