Question re. Technological Advancement

compose a reply
Question re. Technological AdvancementAug 15, 2016 8:14:39 GMT -5
Mizushima Momiji
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Mizushima Momiji Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
I know that we're an AU site, but I'd like to clarify on something; specifically the state of the technological advancements each village has. I couldn't help but think about the "highly industrialized" line that's in Amegakure's village description, so I'd like to know:

With the way that Ame has amassed their wealth and taken strides in industrialization, is it a bit of a stretch to assume that they have technology there (like personal computers, mobile phones, that kind of stuff)?

The same way, does this apply to the other villages too? I ask this because by the time of Boruto the manga, the kids of the next gen already have handheld video games; while that of the Naruto verse only had (as far as I remember) the radios that allow one to keep in contact with a team over long distances.
last edit by Mizushima Momiji on Aug 15, 2016 9:38:20 GMT -5
has written 72 posts
Question re. Technological AdvancementAug 15, 2016 10:29:56 GMT -5
Sega
Sega Avatar
groupnull
Highly industrialized more of in the mechanical sense.

They have more developed architecture and highly trained technicians. They are able to use steam power effectively and probably rival the Tantetsu when it comes to Iron.

Pre-Boruto, the shinobi world had limited amounts of computers, and others personal technology. I would argue as a result of long peace, they were able to put focus on things other than war technology.

Our site isn't at that level yet. Pre - Boruto world had working television and radio and for the very few, computers (medical record storage in hospitals, Lords of the Countries, and perhaps state sponsored researchers /scientists).

To simplify Ame would have the things mentioned above, but slightly more in abundance. Those not in the elite, but the upper-middle class may have computers, but I think cellphones are a bit of a stretch. Mobile devices other than radio would be limited.
has written 514 posts
Question re. Technological AdvancementAug 15, 2016 14:18:09 GMT -5
Mizushima Momiji
Mizushima Momiji Avatar
groupnull
Aha, there we go. I needed to make sure that I was on the right track when it came to the technology level that Ame has, considering how it's basically the site's equivalent of the Industrial Revolution. ouo

That answers my question, to a degree! (Maybe keep this around for reference down the road too?)

Thank you for getting back so quick, Sega! :D
has written 72 posts

quick reply

compose a reply