Yutakako Ryuu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yutakako Ryuu Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank Chuunin occupation
You'll never get away
when you're running
from the past

Ryuu sighed as it seemed not many people even bothered to listen to a word he'd said... The slowly rising temperature did nothing to help his growing ire towards the other Genin either. The boy stood in front of the south wall, his arms crossed, and waited for people to say their peice once more. Then, there was mention of the one boys eyes and he simply shook his head. "I'm not surprised you weren't able to deduce much of anything in that manner... They were given a list of applicants well in advance... It makes sense they would have taken measures to stop us from using abilities such as those. This is a test of the mind first and foremost... I wouldn't be surprised if the walls were even able with stand my abilities..."

With that the young Yutakako shook his head once more and turned to look at the wall behind him. He had considered using his Bakuton jutsu on the wall to just move them all along but he had also considered the possibility that he walls were designed with someone like him in mind. The chances of there being an adverse effect to him attempting such a thing were high enough that he did not wish to risk it unless it was absolutly needed. Turning back to look at the group he looked over at Sanosuke and nodded once more. "He has a point... Relying on our respective clans techniques or our own jutsu will not be enough for this test... We will need to rely on our wits and intellect... With that in mind, I still have heard no one else give a viable answer to counter my own on the riddle... So, shall we cease the prattle and at least attempt to do something?"

Ryuu was slowly beging to show signs of his aggitation. The normally calm and stoic nature of the boy being roasted away by the ever increasing temperature. Still, he attempted to maintain some semblence of composure and attempted to stear the group back towards the topic at hand. They needed to do something, and fast. "As it stands, my vote is for the south door. If no one else has any counter options... Shall we?" He would then turn and move once more towards the south wall and prepare to push upon it. Either someone would stop him, or they would join in. Either way, they needed to do something and if words were not enough, he would force them to act by making moves himself.

YUTAKAKO
RYUU
has written 53 posts
Chamber D-6 Jun 13, 2018 7:29:50 GMT -5
ura
ura Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

While Ura couldn't sense anything from any of the doors it seemed like the ability to move the iron sand became slightly easier the closer ho got to the south door. He wasn't sure what it meant however with the room heating up quickly he knew they didn't have much time. His temporary teammates agreed that the South door was the one to pick but no one was making the move. 

Being right at the door, Ura was the closest to the possible exit. With a quick push he opened the south door and entered through it hoping it was the right choice.

It was a bit of a gamble however the entire team agreed upon it it just seemed no one had the balls to do anything hence he was the first to go through it. 

last edit by ura on Jun 13, 2018 7:30:37 GMT -5
has written 74 posts
Chamber D-6 Jun 13, 2018 13:01:24 GMT -5
Masahiro Kaiya
Masahiro Kaiya Avatar
groupnull

With Life There Is Always Another Chance

In The Light There Is Always Darkness

Little blonde would observe the others. Give them their time to use their abilities. But like the youth that had been pulled from the door, she too was growing warm… Used to the frozen tundra of Yukigakure, dressed no different than there. Armor and full suit beneath was quickly allowing her to become much beyond warm, sweat lining her face and small droplets gliding down her the edges of her hairline. Nodding quietly, she too agreed. Soon they would need to do something. At the very least, she’d let the two boys complete their investigation.

The larger boy would speak up, the one with the odd eyes. More rooms? A labyrinth? With clues set in each one. If they were timed… they’d need to be much faster in the rooms to come. Taking this much time would have them overheating for sure. And for the little Masahiro… that might have been more of a problem than what it was for others. The heat was already reaching beyond bearable for her… Perhaps it was the length of time they were in the room. Perhaps not. Hands moving to her armor, the seal still glowing upon her hand, she’d be careful… she didn’t trust the one waving black particles around them, but she loosened clasps upon her armor. Some of the seals loosening and providing a bit more room and breath. Maybe she’d have to remove it…

The little blonde had her doubts about what the boy beside her said. Sure, they had the applicants names. But that wasn’t about to give a large group the intricacies of everyone’s abilities. That was silly… Her clan’s abilities were new, not even a generation old. And villages had Bingo Books that had less information than this boy was implying. No. The boy with the eyes had seen plenty beyond what could have been prepared against him. He was just weak. They all were, they were but merely genin. Fighting to become more.

"If you wish to grow the heat of the room in anger, then continue your mild insults. Consider us standing with you.”

The soft voice of the blonde near him came, bright blue eyes upon him and simple face of the young girl. There was no harshness there, nor was their comfort. A soft settling as the snow was one Kaiya often wore, a calm expression that didn’t linger into much else if it didn’t need to. Turning with him and hand upon the door, the one with her seal prepared and ready. For if danger came upon them from that door, she would not be left unaided… Boy with black particles also opened upon it, not saying a word. Appearing as if he were the only one close to a wall two of them were already standing at. Three of the five, for better or worse, to that South door.

Masahiro Kaiya
MADE BY VEL OF GS
has written 179 posts
Chamber D-6 Jun 15, 2018 11:54:20 GMT -5
LazyNeko
LazyNeko Avatar
groupAdministrator
Modding is so troublesome
But I guess I’ll do it.

Amidst the arguing and finally coming to a decision numerous hands pushed open the door of the south wall. In the now opened chamber the group would be treated with a same outline of a room but the murals on the wall were different. Instead of depicting different stories they would expend on the one that had been on the south wall in the previous chamber. The door directly in front of them from the entrance would be etched with the image of the merchant holding hands as if to scoop out water to drink but instead of the liquid it was the sands of the desert in his palms while the oasis around him was half formed and blurry.

Through the door would be a set of stairs that led up into another specious chamber of similar design as the previous one. Group D-6 would find once more a scroll placed in the middle of the room and the walls painted with murals only now telling completely new stories.

An artist locking away his greatest treasure in a room to keep it safe only to be found later by shinobi in the room laying on his bed dead with lipstick on head and a puncture in his neck was painted on the south wall.

An artist locking away his greatest treasure in a room to keep it safe only to be found later by shinobi on his bed starved to death was depicted on the north wall.

An artist locking away his greatest treasure in a room to keep it safe only to be found later by shinobi dead filling a glass with red from his neck was engraved on the east wall.

An artist locking away his greatest treasure in a room to keep it safe only to be found later by shinobi running away from the trees on the bed was painted on the west wall.

Should the scroll on the pedestal in the center be opened the following would be written on it "It whispers in the night but only cuts the soul and brings the cold. Its touch unseen as it’s undoing drips with despair and rolls heavy in the air.”

OOC Note: Room temperature 35°C, 4 rotations left to escape
Posting Order: , , , ,
has written 155 posts
Chamber D-6 Jun 17, 2018 1:39:08 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Tetsuya
Mikatakujira Tetsuya Avatar
groupnull
It seemed like they managed to pick the right door and soon found themselves locked in a similar room as before. Hopefully this one wouldn't take as long as before. As soon as the genin crossed into it Tetsuya hurried himself over to inspect the scroll containing their next hint out of here. Looking it over at least twice however he frowned as he couldn't quite place what the answer to this one was, it had him stumped!

"Um...anyone know this one? I think its about the one with the lipstick on the merchant's head but...I don't think there's anything about that in here?" Whoever wrote this was pretty good at being vague about it all so he had to give credit to that. Even if they were willing to expose genin to crazy conditions like this one.

99 genin on the wall.
LAIKA OF GS!

has written 52 posts
Chamber D-6 Jun 17, 2018 14:51:23 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 24 years old birthday JUNE 6TH, -15SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation AMELORD
After spending most of their time going back in forth it appeared as though the masses were beginning to come to a conclusion on which door should be open. After everything he saw with his own eyes he didn't have much of a choice but to go with the group with the hot hand. After all, he wasn't the only one that was doing his own form of examination. After deactivating his Byakugan for the time being Sanosuke proceeded to walk over to the south door to see what kind of fate awaited them. Nothing was guaranteed, but if this door was indeed the correct one then he'd have to find out how that they came to this conclusion. If it could work one time, it could definitely work another time.

In the meantime he'd proceed to travel up the stairs and into the new look alike chamber just like his eyes were able to spot. The only difference was that the mural being depicted were completely different which meant they had to discover a new riddle. It was as if he was inside of a Genjutsu with the exception that everyone wasn't waking up from knockout gas. The kid from earlier wasted no time going to grab the scroll just like he did in the beginning. At least this time he had a slightly better grasp on what to look for.

"Hmmm, let me take a second look at it."

Sanosuke asked politely before taking a few times to read over what was on the scroll so he wouldn't have to come back to look at it again. So far it didn't seem this riddle was going to be any easier than the first was. They couldn't even get the first one right, if it wasn't for a hunch from one of the other people stuck in the room they probably would be on their way out. Out of the exams that is. "Who came up with all of these?" The Takeda muttered to himself before he begin to immediately start examining the many murals being depicted on the doors. A sigh could be heard from the Takeda before he addressed the rest of the room, or at least to those who might be willing to take the time to listen. "I suggest everyone build up their own cases for which one they believe to be is the correct one, and then we all explain why we feel that specific mural is correct, and which ever one we feel the most comfortable with is the one we choose I guess..... Or we can just let the person who correctly guess this room WITH reasonable cause to see which door is correct... In the meantime I'm going to take a peak into all these to see if the next level of the same crap."

Based on what happed the first time he was almost certain that he'd see the same thing as last time, but he couldn't let such an assumption keep him from peeking anyways. Who knows, he could actually find something new in each of these doors. Plus what the guy spoke of earlier was definitely a load of crap as no one in his village knew of his Byakugan other than his own mother, father, a select few others, and anyone out of this group who actually knew what his eyes were. So as he went through each mural he'd activate his Byakugan to seek what was beyond the doors.

Alright.... I think I know what my answer is going to be for this room.. Hopefully people are able to understand where I'm coming from, and even if I'm wrong bring something to light something I might have missed.

"I think its going to be the north wall... According to the scroll it whispers in the night, but only cuts the souls and brings the cold. It then saids its 'touch is unseen.' This leads me to believe that the cause of death wasn't self inflicted, or even inflicted by someone else as the touch is 'unseen.' This seems to further back up the notion that it whispers in the night. Sort of like that feeling you get when your hungry. Its not loud, and slowly but surely you feel you life force being 'cut' by something going on within. Probably your body latching on to whatever reserves it has store. The latter part says its undoing-meaning a persons downfall to the best of my knowledge-drips with despair and rolls heavy in the air. The heavy in the air part i don't understand, but the term despair seems to be fitting for the picture I'm building as the moments leading to his death feels like he's lost all hope and thus is the reason why he's locked his treasure."
[image]
tag:------

[image]
words: ------

[image]
mood: ------

[image]
note: ------
S A N O S U K E - T A K E D A
| AP has written 801 posts
Chamber D-6 Jun 19, 2018 7:08:37 GMT -5
Yutakako Ryuu
Yutakako Ryuu Avatar
groupnull
You'll never get away
when you're running
from the past

Ryuu had been right on the first door, as he had somewhat expected. The riddle, while crude, wasn't all that deep. He moved through the door with the rest of the Genin in his group and began to look at each of the murals. Another set of dead men found by shinobi and, of course, another riddle. This one, however, was a bit more difficult than the last, even if it wasn't any less crude. He walked over to the pedastal in the center and looked at the scroll. He couldn't help but read the riddle out loud, maybe for those that hadn't made it all the way in yet, maybe just to help himself think, who really knew. "It whispers in the night, but only cuts the soul and brings the cold. It's touch unseen as it's undoing drips with despair and rolls heavy in the air... Interesting..." He listened to the one boy, Sanosuke, speak his thoughts on the riddle. As he looked at each mural he couldn't help but want to agree to some extent.

He sighed once more and turned to face the boy, his arms crossing over his chest. "I tend to want to agree with your thoughts. The riddle seems to point to a silent death. That, by default, eliminates the south and east walls... That only leaves the north and west... In this case the west wall doesn't seem to fit the narrative at all. This means the north wall, the starving man, is currently our best option... Though I'd hesitate to make a final call on that one. If anyone else has any ideas I would much like to get everyone's thoughts on this... However, the faster we make a choice this time around, I feel the better off we will be... I don't know about you all but I do not wish to feel the temperature raise up any more than it already has." With that Ryuu turned and looked to the other genin. He wanted to figure this out fast and move on to the almost certain next room. He needed his team to do well and that mean cooperation, but in a timely manner.

YUTAKAKO
RYUU
has written 53 posts
Chamber D-6 Jun 21, 2018 8:38:14 GMT -5
ura
ura Avatar
groupnull

Unlike the other people stuck in the room with him Ura focused less on the actual riddle and more so on what worked for him the last time. As he was listening to the rest of the group stating their cases he walked from door to door with Iron Sand slowly revolving around him trying to see if there was any difference magnetic field. The last time the door that appeared to be correct had a peculiar way of making his sand easier to control hence this was the exact thing he was looking for again. He took particular focus on the North wall as it was pointed out by the seemingly smart Genin, however he still decided to check out the other doors just in case.

If such a change did indeed occur he would simply share what he found out with the rest of the group. It was true that it wasn't just a test of brain power but also different ways of observation and Ura seemed to be the only one capable of feeling it out this way. Ura wanted to move on as quickly as possible as the room was getting hotter and hotter once again. He was pretty used to the heat unlike the rest of the people he was with however even for him it was still rather uncomfortable.

has written 74 posts
Chamber D-6 Jun 22, 2018 23:36:50 GMT -5
Masahiro Kaiya
Masahiro Kaiya Avatar
groupnull

The door was a success. And while Kaiya was glad for such a thing, it seemed still more remained. The chamber it opened up into would complete the picture. A better interpretation of the room they had just left. And with a slight bit of hesitation, the child would look back. Each mural had been a story, but only one was the correct one. Water appealing… this man died of lack of water, even while trying to drink. What might the others have been?

Her pause was only a few moments, then the girl would turn. Following through the new chamber and then up stairs into a further chamber ahead. A scroll in the middle, murals around it just like the first. If Kaiya knew anything, it was that the murals were most definitely part of the riddles. It wasn’t a guessing game, but a story. One that was told in cryptic words.

The new room was ahead. Nothing abnormal about their walk to it. And when they got there, one after another would go for the scroll in the center of the room. Kaiya would let them have their time, being sure to listen in case someone wished to read the scroll aloud. One by one, she would go to observe the murals.

Death by the press of lipstick to his head, a puncture to the throat. A lover of sorts?

A starved to death man on his bed.

A man bleeding into his cup from his neck.

And Then a man running from trees upon his bed.

All peculiar.. She didn’t know what to make of them completely. But some story was to be told. Their story was apparently one that was lacking help… Two of them had gotten the scroll and neither decided to read it aloud… Kaiya wouldn’t pay it mind, not right away. Examining the walls, she didn’t feel the need to gain access to the words quite yet. But she would find it peculiar… Especially when the one young man was beginning to give orders to them without even laying out all the pieces. The one who would eventually read the scroll would be the one that had been losing patience with all of them. The blond shinobi, he provided her the riddle.

The one young man spoke many words, she listened as everyone else did. Then the blond took his turn. He agreed it seems. Similar logic to both of them. And once more, Kaiya also found herself agreeing. She’d merely nod quietly as they spoke, even if they didn’t’ look to her. A whisper that cuts the soul. Implies no physical damage. So neither of the cut throats. That left terror in running from something and the one who died of starvation. Or… maybe she didn’t agree… A touch unseen, with despair and weight. Unseen would still imply not physical damage, but one could see starvation. As one could also see terror. A tightening of the young child’s lips would have her expression shift. No longer carefree, but contemplative.

"Why not the one of fear? Starvation and terror are both not readily seen unless one is paying close attention. But running from something, fear and terror, hang much heavier on the heart. And despair is among the feelings of being afraid. Fear whispers to many most strongly in the night. Something that cuts the soul more than it might cut the body, terror makes the blood run cold.”

Looking to the other boy who hadn’t spoken, he was walking about. Did… he have some secret? His sand he was manueveirng about, that which she didn’t trust. Did it tell him something?

"It may be good to share all as one, if it means our survival, Suna Shinobi.”

Her voice was… quiet. As always. In everything she spoke, it was calculated cool and calm. A soft cooing dove that didn’t wish to tip the boat, merely help and present. The snow lily precious even in the blistering heat and trial.

Masahiro Kaiya
MADE BY VEL OF GS
has written 179 posts
Chamber D-6 Jun 24, 2018 16:43:48 GMT -5
LazyNeko
LazyNeko Avatar
groupAdministrator

But I guess I’ll do it.

The Takeda would be treated by the same sight he had seen the first time he utilized his eyes to peer beyond the walls and into the other chambers, blurry walls where the murals should be. As for the suna shinobi while he wouldn’t sense anything form the north wall he would be able to notice the slight difference of control coming off from the southeast corner. The heat was not high enough yet to make an obvious difference but perhaps if it was hotter?

OOC Note: Room temperature 40°C, 3 rotations left to escape
last edit by LazyNeko on Jun 24, 2018 16:44:06 GMT -5
has written 155 posts
Chamber D-6 Jun 25, 2018 9:57:03 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Tetsuya
Mikatakujira Tetsuya Avatar
groupnull
As Tetsuya listened to the other boy's suggestion of everyone putting in their opinions on what the correct door might be he thought about the riddle again. Something unseen? Cuts the soul? It certainly wasn't a pleasant thing...whatever that man had meet with anyway. And while the genin who suggested they share their thoughts did make a good case about starving to death the girl's answer seemed a little more fitting. The riddle was pretty mysterious and reminded him of horror stories and the one with trees was certainly something out of one.

"I kind of have to go with her answer...its well-it sounds kind of more fitting for this one. I mean it is kinda creepy right? And having trees suddenly on your bed out of nowhere is pretty scary if you ask me. Think about it, how would he see them growing there? Oh no I mean, if they just popped out of there then that's pretty surprising right? I vote for that one." He felt pretty useless in this one, even more so when he just kind of piggybacked on someone's choice instead of really making his own detailed thought but he really wanted to get out of here as quick as possible.

99 genin on the wall.
LAIKA OF GS!
has written 52 posts
Chamber D-6 Jun 25, 2018 22:48:38 GMT -5
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
TAKEDA SANOSUKE™ Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 24 years old birthday JUNE 6TH, -15SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation AMELORD
Sanosuke was feeling pretty confident about his answer so far based on the opinion of others. It wasn't so much about him looking intelligent and being helpful more so than the fact that he felt he might have been on to something that might get them out of these hot ass chambers. However, his luck appeared as though it might fall short based upon the words of one of the five people in the chamber he hadn't heard too much from. At the very least he was happy to see that she was finally putting major input into their situation. After all, she was here to be promoted just like the rest of them so surely she must have had something to bring to the table just like the rest of them.

Nonetheless, her point brought up another way to interpret how the scroll should be taken into account, and all of a sudden he felt as though they were back at square one. "Crap... Her point is just as effective as my own, and in some parts even more effective." And with someone backing up her explanation he was certain the rest of the room would go with her answer. Fortunately there was a lot on context to her point so if the majority of the room went with hers he'd gladly accept as well. However, after her speech she mentioned something that weighed a little heavy on his mind from when they were in the last chamber, and something he mentioned upon walking into this room. It was apparent that someone in here had a general idea of which room was the better option based on some factual context outside of the guesses they were making.

Looks like the quiet girl has been doing so analyzing of her own.

As it stand it look as though even after we get through here theres gonna be another door we have to get through.

"If you got something that might help us get out of here again I'm all for it. The only information left I have to provide is that whats beyond these doors are no different than the last. So regardless, we wont be home free even after figuring this out. Hopefully three times the charm." With that the Takeda waited to see what the rest of the room had to say. He wasn't some sort of leader or anything, but he did want to help make sure they avoided the incident they had in the previous chamber where they were all at odds with each other. Everyone was needed for them to get through this. So hopefully for now people could put their egos away in favor of the chance to show their villages what they were made of.
| AP has written 801 posts
Chamber D-6 Jun 28, 2018 7:09:59 GMT -5
Yutakako Ryuu
Yutakako Ryuu Avatar
groupnull
You'll never get away
when you're running
from the past

Ryuu sighed as he dropped into a squated position. The room temperature hadn't risen yet but he knew it was only a matter of time before this room followed the pattern of the previous one. Still, he cracked his neck and closed his eyes as he began to rethink the riddle. This one really wasn't as obvious if you were simply going by the words and the murals. There was a hidden meaning, which was obvious as it was a riddle, but finding the key that would unlock the full meaning and match the mural was the hard part. Even for his all his intellect, he was having difficulty with this one. He sighed and finally decided to speak out again. "Let us say, for a moment, that the starved to death mural is not the correct one. By simple process of elimination, judging from the words of the riddle, we can eliminate the south and east walls. Those two are obvious signs of foul play from an outside source."

He slowly opened his eyes and looked around the room. Unlike before, his tone was not high and mighty, or talking as if he were the smartest kid in the room. Instead, he was doing his best to spur on thought within the other Genin. He knew that between them all they could figure this out without picking a wrong door, as he didn't want to think what would happen if they picked a wrong door. Still, he slowly stood up and crossed his arms over his chest. "So, with those two taken out of contention, that leaves us with the North and West walls... We don't have time to really argue about which to choose but I also feel like we shouldn't just pick one at random. There has to be something we can gleen from the riddle itself that will help us pick between the two." With that he returned to the center of the room and began to read the riddle one last time in hopes of figuring out a way to break it down even further.

"It whispers in the night but only cuts the soul and brings the cold... Most likely this means death itself, at least in this case, that's obvious... Its touch unseen as it's undoing drips with despair and rolls heavy in the air... The last line, I believe, may hold the key as I think it's talking about the manner of death. Which still doesn't help us on the surface but there must be some meaning we can get from it..." With that, Ryuu once again looked around the room and waited for the others to take the baton and run with it. He'd done his best to get them thinking and he only hoped that they could all figure it out together before too late.

YUTAKAKO
RYUU
has written 53 posts
Chamber D-6 Jul 3, 2018 2:22:22 GMT -5
Masahiro Kaiya
Masahiro Kaiya Avatar
groupnull

After presenting her idea, the young genin would at least find some comfort in someone agreeing with her. At least she hadn’t offended everyone… Looking towards the youth that first openly agreed, she’d give a soft nod. A thanks and appreciation. But not voice anything more. She could be wrong, afterall. So many things could make sense…

When she commented on the Suna Shinobi opening up to share his opinion, she hadn’t expected another to jump on as well. The one who seemed to study the same arts as her, the one build for physicality and weaponry, he would continue her thought process. If the Suna had something to help, he should share. She… didn’t quite need details, she wouldn’t have been pleased to share her own if forced. But opinion and sharing knowledge was important. It was useless to discuss between them if he had means of knowing without all their discussion.

And he would remain silent. Uncomfortable, the genin didn’t have anything else to offer. The one who spoke with confidence last time was now less so. Offering up his viewpoint but no decision was made. Kaiya… could not make one. She would not. The girl not feeling it her place to choose a door when two of them obviously had not agreed with her. Why was the Suna Shinobi not revealing information? With a bit of worry in her expression, she’d begin to study the murals once more. What secrets could they hold? What touch unseen? What would hand heavy in the air?

Masahiro Kaiya
MADE BY VEL OF GS
has written 179 posts
Chamber D-6 Jul 5, 2018 20:23:38 GMT -5
LazyNeko
LazyNeko Avatar
groupAdministrator
But I guess I’ll do it.

There were many considerations but no action taken in the effort to locate the right door. Despite the silence of the Suna shinobi those more observant of the group would have probably noticed the pattern of him fiddling with his iron sand before moving through the correct door in the previous chamber. While he hadn’t found it yet in this new one the shinobi had been lingering in the southeast part of the room with metal sand floating around him. Meanwhile the temperature in the chamber continued to slowly rise.

OOC Note: Room temperature 45°C, 2 rotations left to escape
has written 155 posts