compose a reply
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 15:09:24 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
[googlefont=Comfortaa|Josefin+Slab|Special+Elite|Amatica SC]
[newclass=.mvulainsp]width:440px;border:1px solid #eaeaea;padding:30px;background:#fff;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-seadark]width:400px;padding:20px;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/a2kAR9Z.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-moon]width:350px;background:#fff;margin-top:20px;padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:20px;border:1px solid #aaa[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-singto]font-size:30px;margin-top:10px;color:#005a8f;padding-bottom:20px;border-bottom:1px solid #dcdcdc;width:180px[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-lyrics]width:180px;text-align:justify;color:#005a8f;font-family:Special Elite;margin-top:8px;letter-spacing:2.5px;font-size:11.5px;margin-left:5px[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text]width:240px;line-height:1.1em;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;font-family:arial;font-size:11px;color:#111;padding:20px;[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text b]font-family:Tahoma;color:#8a69f1[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text i]font-family:Tahoma;color:#6e52c4[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_credit]text-align:right;width:300px;font-size:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_credit a]text-decoration:none!important;font-size:15px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background:#ececec;[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#005a8f[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","mvulainsp"]
[attr="class","mvula-seadark"]
[attr="class","mvula-moon"]
[attr="class","mvula-singto"]
[attr="class","mvula-lyrics"]
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

[attr="class","mvula-text"]

[break][break]
Down went the finished shot. Were his lips growing bigger? They were feeling numb. Tingling. Akira was just better at hiding the fact he had also been drinking the same night. That was good. But he doubted that sat where they were now, to hear much otherwise. It was reassurance, all the same. Akira caught Yoko's line of sight and he himself turned to see the bartender. "Another round of shots." Akira would offer him a few more notes. Another six this time would come sprawling their way.

[break][break]
When he'd made his little gesture and comment he'd hoped that the tone would lighten but it made no difference. He was half smiling at her, the corner of his mouth turning but it faded away as he listened to her half drunken rambling until an empty set of blue orbs stared at her.

[break][break]
She'd given him a lot to unpack with her statement. First confusion, understanding. But Akira was giving some space and thought than trying to think in the moment, so that he could really understand what she was saying. As a whole, and in part. Firstly, was she trying to say that half of the reason she was into Akira, was because she was like his ex? 'Again.' he was conflicted.

[break][break]
Then, what had happened on that trip that made her weighed down? Hurt, tangled. Akira hadn't been surprised to know she was going on the trip in the first place because it was away from him. But to not find any relief from that trip... it had to mean something else. Was it because of that person? That fire was lit again, but it wasn't for an arousing reason. Akira watched her talk, and she was still making sense in her mumbling from the booze.

[break][break]
"...what is that supposed to mean? What happened on that trip?" It wasn't accusatory. Hurt. 'Justifying her behaviour. More manipulation. More lies for you.' but he did the same thing himself. It was right. All she was trying to say was how bad it was for her. But he was the one on the receiving end of her inability to choose.

[break][break]
'She's doing it again to you. End it.' and perhaps he was right in his thoughts. One slow blink, gathering his feelings and the thoughts welling in his chest. Trying to justify how she could love him and someone else. 'Slap her, even.' Akira withdrew his hand from her, so his own hands came underneath the table and laid on his knees.

[break][break]
'Just shut the fuck up.' and his inner voice was silent. For now, it seemed his better side had won. How else to derail it? Change. Be honest. "I need to tell you sorry before I get upset. It can't wait." One more shot: this time Akira placed a hand over his mouth, taking a moment to keep it down in the way it burned, and made him want to make a sickly face. Akira was changing his own emotions one by one. One small step at a time to carve his own path, like how Yoko had alluded to. But his face defaulted afterwards. "..I...should never have hurt you. But none of that means anything if you can't trust me to back it up. I ended up being like the man you loved, like history is repeating itself. And.. I'm scared of doing it again." His head fell in shame. There was so much in his head that conflicted all of this. Telling her in the first place. The fact that he was even still considering her. Conflicted.

[break][break]
"There are so many things that tell me to keep away from you." But she would understand him saying it even if it hurt her because he was sat right there. And he would get there - but now really wasn't the time. If he did speak about that, he would get upset. And he was scared of that situation unfolding again. But he wanted to give her a chance to remedy it. And it wasn't something that wasn't going to happen on his end because as far as he'd known, he hadn't done anything wrong on the emotional front. Physically? Oh, so wrong to her. But this clusterfuck inside her heart was her problem that weighed them both down, and Akira would be ridding himself of it tonight no matter the outcome. Even if it didn't feel like it.

[break][break]
"I need to admit some things to you," There was reason, to carry on what he'd been saying. But this wasn't how he had pictured it. Inside her home, some music playing: in the quiet. Under the stars and solace of the warm night. There was a tear that fell from his eye - dropping on to the bar counter. He shakily went for another shot.

[break][break]
"But I can't say it right now..." Akira refused. Both concerning himself and her. Later.
[attr="class","sacred_credit1"]
last edit by Deleted on May 29, 2020 15:10:23 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 15:34:50 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

He wanted to know what happened. The trip. The trip. The trip. No, she couldn't think about it anymore. She'd come out here to forget! Yoko shook her head. "I'll tell you later. I can't get into it. Not with this." She lifted another shot to her lips, hesitated, then downed it.

What came next was...surprising. Truly surprising. He was apologizing for hurting her--for being like the one who'd hurt her before. And not only that, he was afraid of hurting her again. He was acknowledging it as a possibility. And she...

Stared.

What was she supposed to say to that? They were new words to her ears, and she felt something stir in her chest. ...Hope? Relief?

She turned away, green eyes following the grain of the wood of the bar top. "Thank you," she mumbled softly. She couldn't find any other words--none that felt right. It was odd to be apologized to. Usually she was the one saying sorry. But at the same time, it felt strangely reassuring.

There was more. He wanted to say more. But now wasn't the time nor the place. She sighed. "It's okay. Later then." That was fine--it could wait until they were both more sensible, whatever those things were he wanted to be admitting.

The pinkette slowly leaned her head down atop the bar again, turning it to look over at him as she traced random shapes against the bar top with her fingertip. "You don't have to worry about it. The trip. I didn't go bed-hopping if that's what you're thinking. And it wasn't a repeat of Water Country. I just... It was stressful. And frightening. And..." She trailed off, forcing the thoughts away and sitting up again, grabbing another shot.

And down it went.

"I, um... I know you have reason to stay away from me, but I..." She finally met his gaze again. "I hope you don't. I'm afraid and upset and hurt, but none of that's enough to make me feel like I don't want to see you. I still do, and I..." She sighed. Words left her again. She was dizzy again. Her heart was hurting again.

So much for numb.

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Enhanced Chakra Control
❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES/TOOLS

❤ NOTES: No notes!

has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 15:55:07 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[newclass=.mvulainsp]width:440px;border:1px solid #eaeaea;padding:30px;background:#fff;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-seadark]width:400px;padding:20px;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/a2kAR9Z.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-moon]width:350px;background:#fff;margin-top:20px;padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:20px;border:1px solid #aaa[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-singto]font-size:30px;margin-top:10px;color:#005a8f;padding-bottom:20px;border-bottom:1px solid #dcdcdc;width:180px[/newclass]
[newclass=.mvula-lyrics]width:180px;text-align:justify;color:#005a8f;font-family:Special Elite;margin-top:8px;letter-spacing:2.5px;font-size:11.5px;margin-left:5px[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text]width:240px;line-height:1.1em;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;font-family:arial;font-size:11px;color:#111;padding:20px;[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text b]font-family:Tahoma;color:#8a69f1[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text i]font-family:Tahoma;color:#6e52c4[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_credit]text-align:right;width:300px;font-size:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_credit a]text-decoration:none!important;font-size:15px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background:#ececec;[/newclass][newclass=.mvula-text::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#005a8f[/newclass][nospaces]
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

She took it well.

And she also thought of him enough to address the immediate and underlying concerns that he had. But that was like him and he knew where he'd seen it: he knew she wasn't sleeping around. It was about what was in her heart that had upset him at the core of his heart.

[break][break]
And she had things she wanted to say as well. That relieved Akira for the sole purpose that neither one of them would be pressured to seek an answer there and then. But both having identical reasoning.

[break][break]
And she wasn't in the same state as when coming back from Mizu no Kuni. But she needed the comfort as much as Akira did. Even she knew he had reason. Of course he fucking did.

[break][break]
But all he seemed to hear from her was that she still didn't want to be away from him even when he'd been like the monster hiding in her closet. But he needed it more than he needed to be mad at her.

[break][break]
His hand would finally, come over the top of hers to where he could wrap the extremities around and inside to touch her palm. Now that he'd thought about it, he hadn't actually really held her hand.

[break][break]
And his thoughts had a lot to say for him as well. 'So if this ever does happen. It needs to have the emotion. She joined that train in the memories I gave her but it feels like she thinks she knows me more than she really does. It's building it from the ground up. Properly.' it couldn't be something so intimate and close to his heart formed from the basis of a sexual relationship, where his heart had been elsewhere.

[break][break]
In a world of wrongs recently it had felt like one of the few right things to do. He didn't regret it. Even still they weren't quite doing it properly. Akira was still deeply hurt and upset by what she had said to him, but her feelings had remained unchanged toward him. So he couldn't imply a way for her to lace his fingers with his. Couldn't bring it up and have her actually do it, because he wasn't ready for that yet.

[break][break]
"I'm Satori Akira. You are?" It was delivered somewhat meant to be comically and just ended up being flat, a really soft chuckle rising from his chest.

[break][break]
"If you want to spice things up. I know a place that lets you throw axes and projectiles at targets and drink alcohol?" He offered. It seemed like they could offer a common enemy in planks of wood, burn some anger and get re acquainted in one another.

[break][break]
Like meeting all over again.

has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 16:15:47 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

There wasn't really the reaction she'd been expecting. Akira didn't actually address what she'd said, instead placing his hand over hers atop the bar. She tensed again, but his touch was gentle enough that she didn't pry her hand away, instead watching in mild confusion as he kept it there and then...introduced himself?

Yoko squinted, clearly too drunk for what he was going for. The chuckle confused her further. Was this some kind of weird mind game? "And...I'm...Yoko...?" she answered, very obviously missing the point. She was too drunk to catch on.

But throwing axes? She could do that. Yes, that sounded perfect. The woman perked up at the suggestion. She could throw things AND keep drinking??

"Yes!" she said firmly, excitedly. "Let's do it. Let's go now. Can we go now?" Maybe she was misunderstanding the suggestion--maybe he meant a different day. But it certainty sounded like a "right now" type of thing. It was late but they were a ninja village--things were open at different hours.

A little voice in the back of her mind chimed in that it was a dangerous thing to agree to, submitting herself to a room full of weaponry while intoxicated in the presence of someone she was still afraid of and didn't trust fully. But...

God, it would feel so amazing to just sink an axe into something. She already felt like screaming and crying and punching things. Maybe throwing a few heavy things around and breaking shit would alleviate that.

If Akira agreed to leave then, Yoko would finish off what remained of the shots and throw a tip down. A generous tip, but she didn't care. Money was just money, and she'd been lucky the man had served her at all with the state she was in.

Would she be able to throw in a straight line even if she couldn't walk one?

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES/TOOLS

has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 16:52:11 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

Okay. Not drunk enough to have a deep conversation but too drunk for a mild joke and re-... Reengagement? But she moved on quickly at his suggestion. Much too quickly. "Great."

[break][break]
That had definitely tickled something in her gut so it was something that Akira knew he would enjoy, be good st: and that would be something that he thought would help ease the tension between them.

[break][break]
But he hadn't anticipated for her to quite so literally stand before him. Akira would quickly stand, leave a few notes as a tip the same as her and not finish his last drink. They could get more!

[break][break]
"N- not that way!" Akira took into a half step and canter as he went to keep up with her. Then, toward a new direction and away from the light.

[break][break]
But where they'd move to there would be no such stopping in sight. Heavier, metal music playing into the building they stepped into fifteen minutes later, into a black door in the middle of a street that looked absolutely unassuming but when opening the door, changed entirely.

[break][break]
It was a bar, first and foremost. But at one end of the bar: was a see through mesh of metal accessible by walking past a bouncer and one of those doorways you could enter from the left or round to move around it. Lines and rows of rooms, where people could be clearly seen throwing weapons at targets.

[break][break]
"Let me just go and get us a ...'room'." Akira would walk up to the bar, one that had been marked separately from the rest of the bar. Akira would whisper over it (normal talking) and would explain his situation and leaving the woman to quickly look around if she so desired.

[break][break]
She could quickly peruse as she liked but Akira would've waved her over. "Yokooo." His voice shouted through the noise of people. Just getting lost along with other people and their conversations. They were walked through by somebody, past the bouncer and into the mesh cage.

[break][break]
"Someone's about to bring us some drinks along in a sec..." Akira walked alongside her, ocassionally brushing up against her. "I explained we were shinobi... so, I think we got you off easy..." And into the mesh cages. Which, opened up into more rooms and ranges of people throwing shit at things than they both would have initially realised. Each one of them, completely open: workers from what Akira assumed by their uniform walking up and down the walkway above them, so Akira noticed by the sound of their boots clacking against metal.

[break][break]
Each room on the left hand side between 'rooms' was a small arsenal of weaponry. Boxes of Kunai by their feet, and then the bigger stuff. Javelins. Axes. Anything that could be reasonably thrown! It was glorious. In the middle of each of the rooms, before the clearly marked 'danger areas' by the floors was a square table, where people were leaving their drinks. A small area in itself. But their throwing area?

[break][break]
Lots of different things. There were so many targets. And this would be so much fun. Akira found himself grinning at, or with Yoko. They would step in, and someone would come in with a tray shortly after - a couple of shots, a cocktail in a cocktail glass. Sweet, as he remembered. His in a tumbler. They would have to stand there for a quick safety instruction, but otherwise would be left to it.

[break][break]
Akira would throw his hand out there, toward the range. "First shot?"

has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 17:44:50 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

Yoko was so set on getting to it that she just started walking. This would have being corrected down another street, and then they were on their way. Her gait was uneven and she stumbled a bit, but they made it. The music of this new place was horrible but she tried to tune it out.

Yoko wandered around while Akira went and got them set up with a room. She went up to one of the bouncers, standing on her tip-toes to compare their heights. She was dreadfully shorter than him--but that didn't stop her from jumping once to see if she could get to his height. She couldn't. He snorted back a laugh at her attempt.

Then her name was being called. Yoko turned and trotted over, narrowly avoiding a collision with a chair in the process.

The two were led into the throwing area by one of the staff. Yoko wouldn't seem to mind the casual brushes against her--mostly because it didn't seem intentional. She sounded a quiet "Uh huh," to his note about what he'd told the staff. What did that mean, "got her off easy"? She could definitely handle sharp objects while drunk--she did it enough sober to not kill someone by accident.

The pinkette explored a bit while waiting for their drinks to get there. And she had hers in hand before the server had even left the hall, already sipping it as Akira was gesturing to the range of targets of their room. Did she want the first shot?

Yes.

She set down her drink with a "Yeah," and grabbed a few kunai to test the water. She threw them one by one, sinking 3 into the target. None of them were dead center--the target was moving around in her vision too much for that. But she did hit it. Maybe the knives were too easy.

She grabbed one of the axes and threw it over her head. It missed the same target by a huge margin, embedding into the wall with a hard thud.

And Yoko exploded into a fit of laughter. "Oh my GOD, that was terrible!"

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES/TOOLS

has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 18:13:13 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

So she would. He hoped that would all go fine, and he watched her. This was... nice. A warming feeling rose throughout and around his chest as he did, and the raw joy in her face actually gave him shivers. That was quickly replaced with a sudden shinobi-esque movement as he watched her throw: and being the Bukijutsu expert he was was certainly displaced by the idea that it could fly out of her hands. But... it had hit something, right?

[break][break]
Visibly grimacing at the miss. Wondering if it was going to bounce back and hit at him, teeth showing and everything. "ooooooooff...." his mouth formed an o-shape while his eyes squinted at the projectile. "Points for style?" Trying to be redemptive.

[break][break]
Akira was slightly better at it himself, and he, like her: took to the easy stuff. So he picked up a javelin from the arsenal stand, moved into the warning area and wondered. Where to first? Now. It would've been a great shot. But as he arched his back backward to get the necessary lean for the forward thrust - he lost his stance, and would fall backwards and onto his ass.

[break][break]
Drink, indeed.

[break][break]
Had it been a more dangerous situation, his adrenaline would've taken care of most of it for him. but around her, around fun? No. He could afford to let loose. Akira laughed, standing himself back up. "Yeah... I'm gonna put this back..." Akira would quickly re-position the javelin and picked up a few kunai. Throwing them out with relative ease, he hit the inside two rings. But no bulls-eye: to the back boards containing three rings.

[break][break]
"Tell you what would be fun... we do a throwing competition. I'll use my non-dominant hand, only because I do this stuff all the time, loser of each round takes a shot and answers a question?" Akira would offer sweetly to her, both to make it interesting and to fufill his heart's desire to get more of her. Yes, it was an effect of his jealousy at work that he wanted to have her, and her be his. But, at the moment: it was being moderately tempered by the alcohol, even if subconsciously there were other things at work.

has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 18:29:11 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

Points for style, there was a thought. There was little stylish about sinking an axe into a wall but maybe she'd looked better throwing it than she'd thought. "Sure," she agreed, flashing an awkward smile.

The javelin proved too much for him with his own intake and Yoko watched him put the thing back. He chose a few knives instead, which for him, she imagined, was like child's play. She knew him good with weapons--throwing them and using them--in and out of combat.

So his proposition was interesting. He'd use his weaker throwing arm and they'd turn it into a competition. That sounded fun. She nodded. "Sounds like a good time." She sipped at her drink again. It was good. Raspberry something. He'd remembered her tastes...how sweet.

"What's the first round?" she asked. "If it's axes, you can just ask your question now." It was possible she'd get a lucky shot in, but Yoko wasn't feeling all that lucky tonight. Just drunk. And dizzy. And very, very warm.

At the very least, though, her nervousness was fading a little with this little trip. The focus on something physical was helping her be more at ease. Not truly at ease, but not thinking constantly about the dozen other things she could've been dwelling on regarding her safety around him.

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES/TOOLS

has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 18:44:25 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

And Akira who was trying to be considerate was going to avoid anything that made either of them uncomfortable. Especially him. "I'll take that mercy. What's the most you've ever spent on a shopping trip, or item of clothing?" Akira knew a lot about the woman, and one of those things were on her appearance.

[break][break]
Akira had bought a nice suit once or twice, he had. But he'd never spent a huge deal of money on it, much less on stuff. So, being able to afford a house was the bigger payment that he had to contribute toward. But, he was more or less not strapped for cash. Yoko, he wondered - how much she spent on... stuff.

[break][break]
Akira would take that moment to choose their first weapon of mayhem: shuriken. Nice and easy. Akira quickly went for a sip of the whiskey he'd chosen, a much sweeter variety that reminded him of tea. It was very herbal-y and wonderful to drink. A bit more on the expensive side, but as it had been established: wasn't an issue.

[break][break]
"Okaaaay..." he would line up his left hand - drink in his other hand while he closed one of his eyes. Changing the positions in his hand as he figured out the best way to throw. "Point out three targets for me?" Akira would ask. And from that, he would try and do it as quickly as possible. There were a manner of things: dummies, the back boards - metal rings (which you'd aim to throw things through) both from the walls and the ceiling. Random items, too. It was all fun!

[break][break]
Whether or not that was going to work? Another answer entirely.

[break][break]

has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 19:04:52 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

The most she'd ever spent? That was a tough question to answer. Yoko spent a lot of money on a lot of things over a lot of years. Trying to recount the absolutely most expensive item? That was...not easy. Especially when drunk.

Thinking back on it, though, she had dropped quite a bit on updating her wardrobe after Ryota had moved in. That trip was astronomically pricey. "I updated my wardrobe a few years after buying my house," she said. "That took me a few months' salary and then some. The best thing in that batch was a bright red evening dress. It's one of the prettiest things I own. Worth every coin." She didn't wear it often, but she did love it.

Akira went first and chose shuriken as their first competition. That was fair enough. Yoko pointed to three targets--one on the far left, another two pieces over, and then the third was a ring suspended from the ceiling.

For throwing with his worse arm, he did better than she thought he would. He made the first two targets--the first hitting with enough force to embed easily, the second nicking the edge with just enough pressure to stick, and the third hitting the ring instead of going through it. It was much better than she could've done, by miles.

"Two out of three is great for your weaker arm," she noted, taking another sip and then grabbing a few shuriken for herself.

"Choose for me? We'll see how I do." She was sure the answer would be "not good" but it was worth a try. It was all for fun, and it wasn't as though the questions asked were going to be mega invasive or weird.

Well, she hoped.

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES/TOOLS

has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 19:30:23 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

So not just a single thing but an entire updating of the wardrobe. "You know, after meeting you I've not worn as... blanket orange." Akira noted. It was true: he wore a lot more variation in his colors. Still, generically quite the same in the actual styles, but much better than the get-up he'd once had.

[break][break]
So with the three in mind his hands would flick in three separate directions one after the other in attempt to make them fly. Akira was trying, not that he'd admit it to her. So, two out of three hit. This was fun. He would smile. It wasn't bad. Not good, not bad. Akira would accept his drunkenness and chuckled at it. Not bothered, but enjoying the spirit of competition against her.

[break][break]
In the wild, male pups let the females win, despite knowing they were physically stronger. It was happening in action as well, when Yoko asked him to select three targets he stepped back out of her firing range. "Ring on the left hand wall. Ring in the centre. Middle backboard." and she would hit all three of them. Akira gave her a bit of a break. He knew that he could handle it.

[break][break]
Maybe she would call him on it. Maybe she wouldn't.

[break][break]
But he did turn expectantly at her. What question would she want to throw his way? But through the time, Akira perused the weaponry they had. They were decent cases of stuff - but worn out. Nicks in them, scratches across the metal. Though polished, Akira could see the craftsmanship was good, and then had been used excessively since they had been open. Affecting the flight patterns a little bit. Not enough to make a huge difference, if you chucked anything hard enough it would go somewhere.

[break][break]
But his hands fell on thin throwing knives. Black: sleek, with no hilt. Just metal - curved endings and intended to be light as possible. These types were used with sweeping movements, or as a flourish in a curved range. These would do nicely.

has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 19:41:59 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

Two rings and the back target? That seemed easy enough. Their positioning was a little closer than the ones she'd pointed out for him to strike, though. Was that on purpose? She threw each shuriken and to her own surprise she managed to get all three.

"Wow," she said softly, her eyebrows shooting up. She hadn't expected it, but...great.

She would think back on it later and decide that the targets he'd chosen had been easier than the ones he'd received. A small mercy, really. Maybe he was trying to level the field further. Or he was just being nice.

Regardless, since he'd lost, he had to answer a question for the round. Yoko eyed him as he sorted through the weaponry, taking another sip of her drink. It was half gone, now--and would've been fully gone had she not been nursing it.

The pinkette would hand him one of the shots--per his own rules--and then deliver the question. He could choose to answer before or after downing it--didn't matter to her.

"What's your favorite memory of us so far?" she asked, trying to hide her smile behind another drink of liquor.

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES/TOOLS

has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 20:00:15 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

True to his word she had won - and had a question. It was a more personal question. More focused on them. Akira didn't mind. He hadn't expected to hear it from her either way and he would move back toward the table in their little mesh cage/range. But the nervousness from before was subsiding among the music and the time he spent with her, even though they had to have a talk at some point. One that didn't include head smashing or crying. But, the more time he spent with her the easier he was finding the words. Good and bad.

[break][break]
'I see what you're doing, so we're going down that road are we?' the voice in him spoke up again, quietly assessing the situation. Akira had intended on trying to avoid those sorts of subjects but if she wanted to bring it up - then, it was fair game now. She was the one setting the boundaries at this point. "Uh...." the sereness came to mind. 'I think?- yeah. Yeah that feels about right.' Akira would go to the table - putting down the throwing knife and taking a shot. "Agh..." he grimaced, tongue rolling out of his mouth. It was strong. Always strong... but his mind was in a different plane.

[break][break]
"Strangely, you might've thought it to be eating those sweet things together on valentine's day, or our Safari - which is a very close second. But it was the time after you used the mind altering toxin - we were sat in your living room, I was on the floor and working. You were reading on the sofa. It was quiet, but I had your touch and a drink. Certainly not the most... active of things. But for me, I was at peace in that time. Ignoring... what happened prior." Why was that the particular thing? Not sitting in a club and laughing with one another together, and not getting a massage, or playing some fucking idiotic card game (which Akira had finally learned was Akira's way of avoiding awkward topics, using his hands.) but because for him, there had been no outside world, nothing to care or worry about. Just him and Yoko.

[break][break]
He tapped the knife on the table with an index finger: and like drawing a pattern in the table he used that little bit of momentum to swing the 'hilt' of the blade toward her so the knife's edge was facing him. "You first. Dummy centre left, the difficult ring on the right-" he pointed it out. That was one that would require either moving to the far left of the warning and throwing area, or some curvature (most often used by shuriken) because it was centre right, but facing parallel to the wall. "Aaaaand. The back left backboard."

[break][break]
As she went off, Akira hollered. "I believe in you! Wooo!"

[break][break]
Akira had done some stupid things in his life when drunk. And those shots were reminding him. "dY'a thing that I should sell my house? I'm thinkin of moving to an apartment. Somewhere spacier - mind." He was letting out what was on his mind. "It means not having a garden, if I did, though..." her advice was mostly up there. So, he'd see what she had to say on the subject.

has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 20:21:33 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

@akira
#ef6799

So it wasn't the super romantic stuff he'd thought of first, but the quiet time alone with her while he was recooperating from training? That was all? It was sweet, for sure, but not what she'd expected. They hadn't even been doing anything particularly exciting at the time, either.

"Because maybe he just enjoyed your company with no expectations attached to it?" a voice chimed in her head.

She smiled at him. "That's really sweet." A part of her almost blurted out her own response but she held her tongue. That defeated the point of the game, right? They had to take turns losing, which was...okay, a weird way to think about it. The goal was usually to win, but the stakes here weren't very high and it was just for fun.

The pinkette flinched the smallest degree when he swung the knife up to hand to her. She took the knife's handle and gave a nod to the instruction. Her turn. He pointed out a dummy, a ring, and a target at the back. These were a lot harder than the first few, that much she knew right away.

Stepping up to aim, she took out the dummy first. The knife sank in just below the very center of the target on its chest. Then the ring. She missed it--by a lot.

It was about now that Akira asked about moving. He wanted to leave his pretty house for a larger apartment? She turned to look back at him with a suddenly playful smile. "Did your neighbors try to drive you out?" she asked. "I'm sorry. I can't help being loud sometimes..." She shot him an innocent smile to pair with her joke and turned back around to aim the last throw.

The last target she also missed. One out of three? Ugh. That was so much worse than the first go. She grimaced at the sight, mourning her loss. There was no way Akira would do worse than her unless he missed every single target. And even with his worse hand in use he'd still proven he was a pretty good shot. The odds were not in her favor.

She turned around fully now to address his question in earnest. "I wouldn't sell it, but I think it's quite pretty. You've put a lot of time and effort into making it your own. But you should do what makes you happy." It didn't make a huge difference to her. "You could live in a box and I would still come visit you." She shrugged, walking over to the table and grabbing her drink again.

Looking at the knives, she gestured with a strong flourish to the range. "You're up."

OOC INFO
& NOTES!

SPECIAL ABILITIES

❖ Medical Training
❖ Poisons
❖ Evasion
❖ Heightened Speed
TECHNIQUES/TOOLS

has written 0 posts
A Different Cure [Akira]May 29, 2020 20:50:53 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
⠀⠀⠀HOW COULD I
[break]
NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN

It didn't lose on him that she flinched when he passed her the knife. Things like that weren't overcome immediately or easily.

[break][break]

[break][break]
An excited grin passed by his lips at her words and cute grin. Partially because she knew she was charming him and he wouldn't fall for it that easily, and partially because yeah she'd hit just the right spot in knowing where to press. He, however, was scarcely different from the other men who would feel good for the same response implicating that he was a good lover. "Yeah. With tar and feathers, but they stopped because they must've thought I would like it." sexual, too. Well... she was still a woman, and she was still his woman in a manner of speaking. That was how their current predicament had even come to pass in the first place.

[break][break]
But, advice he'd asked for - advice he'd received. Akira was only gathering money at this point and to sit on it for some time was a non-issue. It was him she'd come to see. Making sure that she input her place there like she deserved to be. Only time would tell at the moment. It wasn't out of the question.

[break][break]
"Alrighty then~ point them out." he would stretch out his arms as he walked to the rack, picking up some more throwing knives. Yoko would pick out three targets and Akira would hit three out of three. Not bad at all.

[break][break]
Definitely there was a pettiness in him that wanted to go 'why did you choose me over someone else?' but right now he wasn't even sure she had. It was kept locked in the back of his mind. Maybe that too would answer itself in time. "Are we going to need more drinks?" He was buying himself a bit more time.

[break][break]
But eventually a question would come. Slightly non-committal but running on the same track that Yoko had put them on. "What's one thing you would change about me, about you, and about us?" it was a difficult question. Maybe even slightly uncomfortable! But there were worse ones out there and she'd gotten off scott free. He would end up next to Yoko, elbow on the table and laying his knuckle into his temple as he leaned similar to how she hand. A smile on his face - mischievously so as he wondered what she would have to say about it this time. Though, he was prepared to keep it up even if it was something he didn't want to hear.

[break][break]
She'd put them on the track, he'd sped up the train.

last edit by Deleted on May 29, 2020 20:51:38 GMT -5
has written 0 posts