Round Two Exams: Yellow Team

fallen blades
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJun 15, 2020 21:43:49 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
age birthday rank occupation
Fallen Blades' Eighth Semiannual Chuunin Exams!
Round Two: Cooperation Portion

Through a perilous journey through sixteen varying biomes, you've managed to succeed at round ones test! The room you're in goes completely dark, as the very ground shakes to life. A stone path forming from your position to the opposite side of the biome from which you'd originally entered the exam. A new door opens and the artificial sky creates a line of lights leading down the new stone path. A green light over the new door, as a voice announces "Proceed to the exit of round one, through the door lit by the green light." This would be the fastest way to the door with the least energy spent. Simultaneously, an odd sound would come from the other side of the room. A red light over the door they'd originally entered, with those who could see it would be the faint sight of animal shadows leaving the biome. Granted there were animals in the present Biome.

Upon reaching the door presented under the green light, a proctor would lead the shinobi and company down a winding path. It'd take them deeper into the earth, which would provide a nice moderate temperature to the hall. At the end of the path would be a yellow door, it'd be opened for those taken to it and upon entering the shinobi wouldn't find themselves alone. All the contestants who'd made it this far in yellow uniforms originally would find themselves now in a room, it was a very empty room with stone floor and walls. Two chandeliers lit up an otherwise empty room. The doors the shinobi entered the room would be lined up next to each other on one side of the room. The opposite side of the room had one set of two doors sealed presently.

There'd been five doors next to each other on the side they entered, but one would remain shut hinting that one of the contestants hadn't made it. "Welcome contestants of this years chuunin exam, we're proud to see you've made it past the first round of the chuunin exams. Ahead of you is the door to your next round; a challenge which will test your wits, skills and most importantly teamwork. In order to allow for a more cohesive team, you'll be given as much time as you need to get to know one another. Once acquainted and ready to begin, you'll merely need to all exclaim ready! One at a time to trigger an announcement of your specific challenge, after the announcement it made those doors will open and you'll be timed on your execution of the task. You cannot use this time to rest, if anyone attempts to do so they'll be disqualified." After pointing out the door and explaining these initial rules, the proctors would leave the room allowing the team to get socializing.

Rules to Round Two

• No Summons can be used, if caught you'll be disqualified.
  • No Unsanctioned Equipment, if caught you'll be disqualified.
  • No Unwarranted Travel, restrictions will be made clear, if caught you'll be disqualified.
  • No Unsanctioned Animals, purchased and natural animals only, if caught you'll be disqualified.
  • No Outside Assistance, if you befall an injury, sickness or worst you must rely upon yourself and team.
  • Quitting is Allowed, but you'll be disqualified from further performing in this exam.
  • If you fail to post here, by the end of the 22nd, then you'll be automatically disqualified.
  • You'll have a week to 'get acquainted', if you all are ready prior, you'll still be forced to wait until the 22nd for a reply.
  • There maybe more rules to come based on the specified challenge, do make sure you check this list the next time it appears.

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GANGNAM STYLE

[/quote]
last edit by Yoshiko on Jun 15, 2020 21:55:57 GMT -5
has written 687 posts
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJun 16, 2020 6:25:28 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Don't hunt what you can't kill
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 14 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1
// Zakku //

There's a reckonin' a-comin'
And it burns beyond the grave
Lead inside my belly
'cause my soul has lost its way

@tag .

Zakku held his left arm with his hand and stared at his new 'Teammates'.  He reached instinctively for a smoke that wasn't in his pocket.  Letting out an irritated grunt and grabbed his bandaged up arm.  "So."  He finally said not releasing his arm.  "Who's specialty is what?  I'm more of long distance fighter."  The Adv Genin said as he looked between his teammates.  

He didn't respect any of them but he was willing to give the benefit of the doubt just for the sake of making it through the Chuunin Exams.  He was tired and more than wanting to sleep.  He yawned and shook his head trying to keep himself awake.  

Duh Dood has written 541 posts
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJun 16, 2020 15:35:44 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday OCTOBER 12, -13SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation WAR COUNCIL
After four days of being stuck in the whole survival round Issei was glad to know that he managed to make it through without dying. He might have been exhausted and tired beyond anything he experienced prior, but it was worth it so long as he'd get the chance to be promoted. When he arrived his presence would be met with the sight of others who managed to get through the first round.

A head nod followed as he quickly examined the group with his eyes. They were all tired and pretty beat up like himself, and if any of them had to downgrade their clothing toward the end like himself he'd notice they were all in yellow. Issei also took note of the fifth door that was more than likely meant for someone else who couldn't make the cut. He hoped the managed to get out of it alive before anything gruesome happened.

The instructions that were given to the group were clear. The proctors did not want them to get any degree of rest which meant they were more than likely going to go through another survival task once they opened those doors. When one of the ninjas begin to talk first about what they sort of specialized in Issei almost wanted to crack a smile. It was uncharacteristic, but he could tell the guy had to be tired.

The guy was probably just trying to do what he could to get promoted like all of them. Whether they were apart of allied nations mattered very little to them if they got the chance to pass, but Isseis mindset was operating a bit differently. They weren't allowed to rest, but they were allowed to talk and get to know one another? Funny. This entire task was built on pushing ones self and seeing how they would operate in certain situations.

The "idea" was that they were getting a chance to know each others skills before going into the door, but why was it suggested now? Issei believed that something else was going on, and if his thoughts were correct he'd be on the positive end of his calculations. When they got through those doors either they would be forced back out into similar Biomes, but tasked with working together with help, or they were going to be force into fighting one another. The latter seemed more likely, so he'd keep his answer pretty short.

"I'm more of a uh... Tactician? I'm ready either way."

A shrug to the shoulders was given as he looked to see what they others were going to say. He thought about saying something else, but now was not the time to be an edgy Uchiha. He was just going to size everyone up, and if he was wrong he could always fill them in on his abilities on the way. There was absolutely no need to rush and reveal any of his skills to them now.
last edit by UCHIHA ISSEI on Jun 22, 2020 17:55:49 GMT -5
| AP has written 653 posts
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJun 18, 2020 9:35:24 GMT -5
Asuka Waruichi
Asuka Waruichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday Febuary 20th rank Special Jounin occupation

Asuka had finally made in through her body was wet from the slippery rain she had to wade through and her muscles were bound to be sore. But finally part 1 was over. She made her way into the room and saw the two shinobi before her. "Huh...who’re these guys…?” Asuka didn’t know what was going on but figured that the next phase of the exams may be some sort of team based section and the announcement over the loud speaker would confirm her thoughts. "So a team based round, interesting, I wonder if combat is involved!”the youth would suddenly perk up.

It seemed like everyone was going over their specialties and Judging by the muscles on the girl one might be able to infer that she’s a taijutsu practitioner. "Oh specialties? I'm a Taijutsu practitioner. I'm one of the strongest genin in my village." And she wasn't wrong the girl had very defined muscles that weren't just for show she could move fast and hit hard. "I'd like to consider myself the Iron Fist of the Hidden Mist. I hope to prove it to you all in the field." The polite bruiser would then bow to the others in the room. "Pleased to meet you I’m Asuka, Waruichi Asuka. Shinobi of the Hidden Mist Village! And you are?”

Asuka would then feel a rumbling in her bad and would laugh a bit and set it down and as she opened out the zipper out would pop a small dog would begin running around the room and barking "And this is Shin’yuu. He’s a rental dog I picked up before the exams started. How’s everyone holding up, I've got a little bit of water I saved up anyone need a mouthful?” Sh'ed then pat her knees, and her dog would heed her call, but not before sniffing the feet of the other shinobi in the room and then running back her way. "Good boy." she'd say kneeling down to pet the dog. She'd then take out her canteen an offer it up. "We'll all need to be at full strength before the next phase of the exam." It must be the second wind kicking in because the last time the girl ate was some 18 hours ago, so surely she was hungry if not starting to get there. But she did manage to get some rest so she has some energy to spare but also needed to make sure that her team was at full strength as well a small sip from her canteen might do the trick. Let's just hope no one could hear her stomach quietly growling, because despite her chipper nature she was running purely on adrenaline at this point thank god for physical fitness. After their conversation she might take a seat somewhere and maybe see if she had some spare rabbit meat in her bag that she might've forgotten about.

TAG: No one but me
HEX: #1c578c
NOTES: Here!
MeepX#7355 has written 1,098 posts
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJun 21, 2020 1:10:45 GMT -5
Yuki Nagisa
Yuki Nagisa Avatar
groupnull
age 16 years old birthday Nov. 24 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2
Resting that last hour after dragging himself from the rapids had done him no favors, it felt like every part of his body was bruised. Nagisa didn't even want to begin to imagine how black and blue his skin was going to look in a day or two. Pain lanced through his muscles as the young Yuki staggered through the final door and was surprised to see he wasn't all by himself. Three others stood in the bare room, only one of which was familiar to him. Instructions for the next step were given out and then it was a simple waiting game...but they weren't allowed to rest...the hell?

Icy-blue eyes glancing warily over at the Leaf and Sand shinobi, Nagisa made his way over towards Asuka's general area. He let the others do their introductions, but he had other things to worry about at the moment. His arms had taken the most obvious beating, getting scraped against the hard rocks within the rapids. He needed to stem the slowly oozing blood before any infection could set in. Taking the seat and pulling the sodden cloak from his shoulders, Nagisa used a kunai to shred the clothing into thick makeshift bandages. He wasn't resting, he was preparing.

As he wrapped the black cloth around his arms he realized that several pairs of eyes were on him. Ah, guess the other people had finished their intros and were waiting on him. Did he have to?

"Nagisa. I'm a medic, but I'm pretty versatile as a fighter. Mostly close range, but I can do long range if needed."

He brought his arm up and bit at one end to the cloth and pulled the other with his free hand, creating a tight knot, and did the same with the other arm. Once his wounds were all taken care of, he hauled himself to his feet and turned to face the others full on.

ooc: Sorry for the lateness. I had a hectic week with my doggo getting dental surgery and me having to work nonstop to pay it off. I should be faster going forwards, but feel free to poke me.
apalooka has written 116 posts
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJun 23, 2020 20:56:48 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
Fallen Blades' Eighth Semiannual Chuunin Exams!
Round Two: Cooperation Portion

Upon the shinobi getting to better know each other, as well as any cheaters or quitters being dismissed. The group would claim themselves to be ready and thus the second round would begin. An woman's voice would come over a PA system in the room's roof. "Thank you all for accepting the teams you've been given, as this next round they'll be your best resource for completing the task at hand. Consider this round a placement exam for your final round, as you'll be graded in large not just by completing the task at hand, but in doing so faster than any other team." This would be a race of objective completion on top of a team activity, but the doors hadn't opened and the challenge hadn't been explained.

"Ahead of you is a small obstacle maze, but inside this maze is no exit and it's a separate maze from the other contestants. However you won't be alone in the maze, as you're given the task of catching Jack our friendly jackalope! This will be no easy hare to catch, as it was specifically trained to evade shinobi like you. The maze is littered with paths only the rabbit can take, as well as threats which will only be activated by you the contestants." A simple goal of retrieval, it'd of been likely an annoyance to all, as surely they'd all at least once had that annoying retrieve the animal mission for some rich villager. How a D-rank mission could be an exam would likely become clear within the maze itself and the obstacles it provided.

"There will be important new rules on top of which you had to handle in the previous exam, firstly; you're not allowed to kill Jack! He's a good rabbit and his demise would be your disqualification. Secondly; you're not allowed to kill each other, if your teammates aren't helping that's their choice to hinder themselves and not your job to punish. Thirdly, no jutsu can be used directly upon Jack, if jack is inhibited by any active chakra a seal will go off on him designating your team in last place. Finally, you're expected to not dally, you won't know when your competitors complete their test, but if you're unable to catch Jack in less time than the other teams you'll receive a failing grade in this round specifically."

Upon finishing the narrative the double doors would open on their own, as they did so a freezing breeze would enter the already cool room. Peering into the 'maze' everyone would see a completely iced path. The walls, roof and floor were all ice. There'd be somewhat like tiles designated by the path ahead, each was 10ft by 10ft, there'd be three of these walled off at either side, before the fourth had no walls providing a split in the path. Beyond this point are three more tiles of 10ft with walls on either side until the third, which has a back wall as well providing a dead end of sorts. Center of this tile stands a small rabbit dressed in tiny deer horns. The walls enclosing these three tiles each having a small whole at the floor for the rabbit to traverse.

Familiar information:
Name: Jack
Race: Rabbit
Nature: Wind
Description: Rabbit with tiny antlers, if you want a clearer image ask your assigned proctor.
SA's: (Unknown; defined by proctor)

Maze Information:
Mostly undiscovered, there's the rabbit at a dead end, but thirty feet prior is a path both left and right undiscovered.

Specialized SA's:
Based upon your performance in the last round, you'll be 'awarded' SA's of varying degree's.

Injury SA - a certain amount of weathering to your body due to past environments, it'll cause mistakes to be more painful and concentration to be weakened.

Fatigued SA - A certain level of famine, tiredness or thirst hindering your present state. Decreasing awareness, physical stamina and concentration to a lesser extent.

Low Reserves SA - A certain level of chakra drain based upon how much chakra was spent and whether or not any would be recovered. This'll effect the chakra cost of techniques you can cast as well as how much you can use jutsu this round.

These will be assigned to you by your proctor, so make sure your first post is rather short and keep in mind. YOU'RE setting your posting order, as soon as everyone posts once this'll be the order. At this point on the 48hr rule will be in full effect.

Rules to Round Two

• No Summons can be used, if caught you'll be disqualified.
  • No Unsanctioned Equipment, if caught you'll be disqualified.
  • No Unwarranted Travel, restrictions will be made clear, if caught you'll be disqualified.
  • No Unsanctioned Animals, purchased and natural animals only, if caught you'll be disqualified.
  • No Outside Assistance, if you befall an injury, sickness or worst you must rely upon yourself and team.
  • Quitting is Allowed, but you'll be disqualified from further performing in this exam.
  • No killing the rabbit, it's death by your actions will be disqualification.
  • No casting jutsu DIRECTLY upon the rabbit, if caught you'll be disqualified and your team will be considered last.
  • No killing each other, if you're caught killing each other in this portion you'll not only be disqualified, BUT based on your leaders opinion and the Yuki Lady's advice, you can be put on trial for war crimes and punished up to the maximum charge of murder.
  • Your equipment counts as you, so those of you with dogs, if your dog kills the rabbit you'll be equally charged with killing it and thus disqualified.

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GANGNAM STYLE

has written 687 posts
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJun 24, 2020 14:33:38 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Lead inside my belly

@tag .

"Jackalope?"  Zakku asked aloud.  As the door opened he looked through them continuing to speak.  "There's no way that it-YUDA NO SHISAI IT ACTUALLY EXISTS!?!"  Zakku couldn't hide his surprise at actually seeing one.  "I  need to pet it!  Look at it's wittle face!"  Zakku gushed over the animal.

He looked at the others and regained his composure and coughed into a closed hand.  "I'm sorry."  He apologized stuffing his hand into his pocket.  He started to study the animal wanting to know more about it and if the antlers were real or just a costume.  He had to know.  What he did know is that he was getting tired of the cold.  

He was used to tracking wildlife in the abandoned part of Suna but this was different.  A new environment and new animal meant this was a new game entirely.  Zakku was going to have to work with these people whether he liked it or not.  He zipped his jacket back up and flexed his hands moving his injured arm slowly.  He was ready for this new challenge.  

last edit by Zakku Burokon on Jun 25, 2020 16:20:44 GMT -5
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJun 24, 2020 21:58:06 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday OCTOBER 12, -13SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation WAR COUNCIL
This portion of the exams was already looking to be much difference than the first part. As silly as it sounded initially Issei was glad. He was worried that they were either going to be forced to fight one another, or worst they'd be face with having to go back into all those difference natures of land to survive. There was no telling how much longer either of them had before they slipped up and had to quit.

For this round they were going to be tasked with catching what he believed to be an advance animal, or familiar. The area they were going to be heading into was going to be filled with different kind of mazes. Initially the Uchiha felt like there wasn't going to be much of a challenge to this portion. The latter left him to believe that it was probably an animal that possessed some sort of deadly power.

However, his opinion immediately shifted once the rules were given. At no point were they allowed to use any sort of chakra on the animal. It was an annoying, but clever way of challenging them as for him a simple Genjutsu could be used to put it down in an instant. So for once they would be nothing more than normal everyday people trying to capture something they needed to maintain, or eat for survival.

Fortunately they were not allowed to harm one another which was good. This made it easy for them to focus on the task rather than having to worry about someone killing them, and although that did not mean any of them had to listen it would still leave the opposition with much to think about. Once all the information was given the doors would open revealing a terrain they were all too familiar with at this point.

For himself he'd have to put on the rest of his winter gear ( Snow pants, winter jacket, boots, gloves, and both scarfs ) before entering. There he'd hear one of his temporary teammates getting excited about what they were trying to capture. The animal looked rather odd and there was nothing to be excited about for him. This animal was nothing more than a mission.

"I'm glad this.. Jack thing has reinvigorate your strength.... Also... Eh, my other skills revolve around long range techniques, ninja tools. I can also um... Use fire." Issei added on now that he knew that for the most part he was in the clear.
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJun 25, 2020 8:53:06 GMT -5
Asuka Waruichi
Asuka Waruichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

As Asuka heard the announcement over the loud speaker she pieced together that the next portion of the exams would be team based. This is where Asuka shined and what she had made certain she specialized in. "Okay...everyone, we’ll have to use our advantages to work together.” as the door opened Asuka was able to feel a draft and caught a glimpse of the floor. "Ice…” she’d whisper to herself.

"Hey Nagisa-kun? you’re good at traversing on this stuff right. Good to see you by the way. Think you could use some of that navigational prowess to scope the area out maybe and look for traps, freeze whatever you find.” She’d then look towards Issei. "Issei-san, how good is your fire? Maybe we could use some of it to scare the jackalope and lure it towards one of us?” finally turning her attention to Zakku noticing his rather enthusiastic reaction to learning about the Jackalope.

"Uhh, Calm down there Zakku-san, if you can run long distance maybe you an Issei-san can do the same thing try to keep the rabbit at bay.” Asuka would then point to herself. "I’m pretty quick so I’ll see if I can pin it down, just try sending it my way.” She’d look to her teammates and pound her hand into her fist. "So, sound like a plan?” she’d say wondering if her cohorts were ready for the task at hand. "Osu! How exciting!” she’d say.

TAG: 
NOTES:Confrontation
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJun 26, 2020 20:22:03 GMT -5
Yuki Nagisa
Yuki Nagisa Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont="Open+Sans|Old+Standard+TT+Yantramanav"][var name="font" value="#000000"][var name="accent" value="#0f77bb"][nospaces][newclass="#washi"] width: 480px; display: flex; flex-direction: row; flex-wrap: no-wrap; background: #fff; border: 1px #e5e5e5 solid; font: 13px 'Yantramanav'; color: #000; margin: 20px auto 0 auto; overflow: hidden; } #washi .colorblock { background: [var="accent"]; width: 50px; transform: translate(35px, 50px); } #washi .textblock { width: 300px; text-align: justify; white-space: pre-line; border-left: 2px #000 solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 50px; transform: translate(11px, 0px); } #washi h1 { font: 30px Old Standard TT, serif; padding: 0; margin: 10px 0; } #washi h1 a { font: inherit !important; color: inherit !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; } #washi a { font: inherit; color: inherit; text-decoration: none; } #washi .textblock a { font: 14px Old Standard TT, serif; line-height: 13px; color: [var="font"]; } #washi .stripeblock { background: repeating-linear-gradient(45deg, #000, #000 5px, transparent 5px, transparent 10px); width: 30px; height: 120px; transform: translate(10px, 0); } #creds, #creds a, #creds a:hover { width: 100px; font: 10px 'Yantramanav'; text-align: center; color: #000; margin: 0 auto; padding: 2px 0; [/newclass]

[attr="id","washi"]
[attr="class","colorblock"]

[attr="class","textblock"]

Arms wrapped up tightly, Nagisa had turned to face the other competitors but there had been little time for them to continue conversing. Almost immediately, another door opened and a gust of frigid air blew into the waiting space. Not that it bothered the young Yuki any. Quite the opposite, in fact, the sight of the vast icy hall spreading before them actually brought his mood up.[break][break]

Ice was his element. He could do ice.[break][break]

Nagisa flinched minutely as the Suna ninja began yelping in excitement about rabbits before trying to regain his composure. His blue eyes immediately looked up to the ceiling making there were no icicles that could come crashing down upon their head at too loud of a noise. Luckily, that wasn't the case and he breathed a sigh of relief. The last thing this group needed was to get skewered before they started. The others immediately began conversing amongst themselves, coming up with strategies. More Asuka than anyone else, but that was unsurprising, she had always been the leader. [break][break]

Nagisa was given the role of scouting it seemed. To venture into the unknown and...freeze things. He huffed out a breath, only barely misting in the cold air, and nodded. Ice was his specialty after all. He pulled a couple of shuriken from the item pouches he still had and started to move lightly down the hallway towards the start of the maze.[break][break]

# # # #

[attr="class","stripeblock"]
[attr="id","creds"]lumi of pp
last edit by Yuki Nagisa on Jul 6, 2020 12:42:13 GMT -5
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJun 29, 2020 17:09:27 GMT -5
LazyNeko
LazyNeko Avatar
groupAdministrator
Modding is so troublesome
But I guess I’ll do it.

As soon as the doors opened the horns on top of Jack’s head would vibrate filling the vicinity with a slight ringing echo due to it. Moments after doing that his head would turn directly towards where the group of shinobi were standing. It seemed this was to be the group he would be facing. Jack was ready for it though after all he practiced inside this maze diligently until he knew it like the back of his paw. He was going the give this group the greatest chase ever.

Looking them over the rabbit would turn around and show them it’s back briefly before turning its head to them and giving off the impression like it was smirking and looking down on them. The idea of that of course being reinforced by the brown orb the rabbit had just left behind after that and clearly in an attempt to mock them.

Right after that he would dash thought the passage way in front of him and right though the next one as well making him exit right onto the iced center of the maze. Thankfully Jack had practiced and that was why he didn’t stumble or lose his balance as he traversed the ice path instead he would plop himself in the center and wait to see how long it would take for the genin to catch up. His leisurely pose being deceptive of his coiled and ready to move body.

Zakku SA:
Weathered (Minor) SA: While not Debilitating the injure would get a bit in the way of Zakku and impact his performance somewhat meaning he would have to keep it in mind and account for it when planning and acting.

Nagisa SA:
Weathered (Minor) SA: May have not suffered an injury but certainly pushed his body and will be feeling the effects of that. Should be able to operate as normal but exhaustion could catch up quicker and make him hits his limits earlier than usual.

Issei SA:
Low Chakra Reserves (Minor) SA: While it hasn’t fully drained him Issei might be noticing the beginning of strain from all the chakra usage in the previous part. Should be careful to not overdo it too much and risk running on fumes if it that happens.

Asuka SA:
Fatigued (Moderate) SA: Heavy activity in the last part should have no doubt taxed her body. Asuka would probably find herself not that well rested, tired and feeling that she might be reaching her limits if she doesn’t pace herself well.

Low Chakra Reserves (Minor) SA: Plenty of gas left in the tank but chakra usage in the previous part would have no doubt left a mark. Should be careful of how far she is willing to go when it comes to utilizing her chakra for techniques.

, , ,
has written 156 posts
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJun 30, 2020 15:29:13 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Lead inside my belly

@tag .

Zakku watched Jack hop away after leaving something for them.  It was tiny and round and this rabbit hybrid was already taunting them.  Zakku let out a irritated grunt.  "Well then."  He was a little impressed but he could barely feel it over the impatience that was building in him.  

"Alright then Issei-san.  Think we can lure him back this way?"  Zakku asked as he slid onto the ice his good arm flailing to keep a balance.  "Cause I think this just got a whole lot more diffiCULT!"  Zakku's legs slid out and he hit the ground and grunted.  He stood back up and worked on the proper sliding technique to move.  He wasn't willing to go barefoot just yet.  "Anybody have any tips for first timers on ice?"  

Zakku hated this.  Suna had sand that was it and it was easy to walk on but this was bullshit.  Zakku already hated the snow and cold and it kept giving him more and more reasons to keep hating it.  The ice wasn't easy for Zakku to figure out or work with but he was trying his best to stay up and keep his injured arm safe.

Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJul 1, 2020 0:19:30 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
Issei was surprised that Asuka begin taking charge of the group so quickly. He didn't mind anyone trying to take point so long as they had an idea of what they were talking about. Plus it gave someone a reason to quickly brain dump their ideas so that the rest of them could copy, edit, and then reply with modifications of their own, or simply to just go along with whatever was acceptable.

The plan was to use their abilities to get them an advantage. It was an obvious move, but still important to point out just in case some of the members of the team weren't on the same page. Asuka seemed to be familiar with Nagisa based on how she communicated with him. Whether they talked before the exams, or were apart of the same village didn't matter to Issei. The only thing that mattered was that the two of them had a degree of chemistry.

With that, adding himself and the other guy into his scheme of thinking would lead to a more natural transition with adjusting to each others abilities. Issei listened to Asuka clearly as he begin to note some of Nagisa talents. His ability to travel on ice, to navigate, and if his ears didn't deceive him the ability to use Ice. The latter of which he never heard of before.

Nagisa wouldn't have to be alone in alerting the others of traps as his own natural reflex abilities in combination with his Sharingan gave him a leg up over most people. Afterward, Asuka asked him how proficient he was with his use of Fire to which he'd immediately answer as to not waste any more time than he needed to.

"Very.. The only downside would have to do with how we utilize it.. Seeing as nothing chakra related from ourselves can harm the animal we need to be extremely careful with how its used. In other words our plans need to be 'heavily' calculated without relying on the use of randomness, and luck."

Issei was already thinking of a way he could use it that could sort of keep the animal in line, or trapped in a certain area. Asuka noted how she was a Taijutsu practitioner, but the first part of the exams appeared to be taxing on her so if she was as physically gifted as she spoke then they were going to need to use it sparingly.

When Asuka addressed Zakku her words revolved more so around what he was already thinking. To sort of keep it at bay while giving Asuka the chance to catch it. Good plan, now they just needed to fill in all the middle details.

"Sounds like a plan to me.."

Issei noted before focusing his attention over to Nagisa. "Hey Uh, Nagisa right?" The Uchiha spoke trying to get the attention of the guy before he continued. "Feel free to cut me off if you need to, but are you any good with those?" Issei asked while nodding his head toward the Shuriken Nagisa pulled out. "I only got a couple myself, and using them is kind of uh? My clans thing."

Issei noted before activating his clans famous Sharingan. "Having a few more, and using that in combination with my ninja wire would do well to help me in creating an opening for Asuka to catch our friend in front of us."

To which Issei nodded in the direction of the animal that appeared to be sort of taunting them. In the midst of waiting on that he'd be faced with the reality that the floor was beyond anything he could walk on. Even the water walking technique did little to help him create friction as he sort of slid to the ground a little.

"Fine.."

He'd speak before pulling out his two Kunai which he'd use to sort of navigate himself around the terrain by piercing them into the ice to stop any momentum he had going forward. "Yeah.. I know we can do it.. Unfortunately, we are pressed for time in terms of determining how vast this maze is.. However, I did hear Asuka note something about Nagisa being able to navigate through it using ice?"

Issei pointed out hoping that they could get as much out the way this time around before they had to perform these ideas of theirs. "Also.. Asuka, it is extremely important that you use your physical abilities only when we need them. The fact that they have us chasing a rabbit like this in the Ice means its agility and ability to navigate this terrain is probably well above our own hence the rule against using Chakra against it."

SA ACTIVE:
  • E.P.T. | SOLE REFLEXES | HANSHA 反射 - Fighting up close in combat with Issei will prove difficult to opponents seeing as his ability to see others movements almost before they even fully develop puts them at a disadvantage. This ability isn't however, made to be an excuse for god modding, instead, it is used as a measure to separate himself from those who have not devoted a prioritized amount of time into that area of training.
  • SHARINGAN | 1 TOMOE KG - Through birthright and blood Issei has access to the Uchihas legendary power, the Sharingan. With it, Issei can do a number of things starting with his enhanced perception of movement. While its abilities are not on par with the second and third tomoe eyes its visual prowess is still strong enough to just barely slow the movements of others, and when used in conjunction with his reflex ability it makes it harder for others to get to him, hit him, or even just get closer to him in general without Issei spotting them. The Sharingans most popular skill stems from its ability to see Chakra in physical form. With it Issei can not only distinguish what is being used based on its color, but its visual prowess allows him to see through Genjutsu making it easier for him to Kai out of it. SN: Kai is still limited to what the chart says.
  • LOW CHAKRA | MINOR | RESERVES - While it hasn’t fully drained him Issei might be noticing the beginning of strain from all the chakra usage in the previous part. Should be careful to not overdo it too much and risk running on fumes if it that happens.
POUCH ITEMS
  • 2x KUNAI
  • ----
JUTSU
  • --
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJul 1, 2020 21:15:27 GMT -5
Asuka Waruichi
Asuka Waruichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Asuka had looked to each of her teammates seeing as they all knew their roles. She was set and ready for anything. But she was feeling rather fatigued at this point. Tired and somewhat worn out. Zakku nearly slipped on the ice as he walked. "Zakku-san be careful, I’m not as familiar as Nagisa but both he and I have walked on Ice enough times to say, watch how you move your heels if you try to be too quick you’re bound to fall.” Issei had commented on his ability to utilize fire jutsu and Asuka nodded as he made his remarks about her needing to act only when absolutely necessary. She noted his eyes. "Whoa...that’s some Dojutsu.” she’d say remarking on the ability.

She then headed in. "Man Nagisa-kun, I owe you thanks big time for showing me how to walk on this stuff, back at your place.” She’d say keeping her footing and then looking to Zakku with a thumbs up. "Zakku-san, Issei-san. remember the plan." She’d stay behind the group and watch the pesky Jackalope hide within the corridors it was able to scurry into. "We will catch you yet…” she’d think to herself. The environment would make it tricky and the bevy of traps that existed wouldn’t make these things any easier.

The girl was exhausted from everything she went through and was low on chakra so she needed to keep her wits about her and be at her absolute best she couldn’t afford to over exert herself. "Remember guys we can’t hurt the animal. So we have to be careful, when you guys get it in a safe spot Zakku-san Issei-san gimme the signal.”

TAG: 
NOTES: Here!
Round Two Exams: Yellow TeamJul 3, 2020 1:06:57 GMT -5
Yuki Nagisa
Yuki Nagisa Avatar
groupnull
[googlefont="Open+Sans|Old+Standard+TT+Yantramanav"][var name="font" value="#000000"][var name="accent" value="#0f77bb"][nospaces][newclass="#washi"] width: 480px; display: flex; flex-direction: row; flex-wrap: no-wrap; background: #fff; border: 1px #e5e5e5 solid; font: 13px 'Yantramanav'; color: #000; margin: 20px auto 0 auto; overflow: hidden; } #washi .colorblock { background: [var="accent"]; width: 50px; transform: translate(35px, 50px); } #washi .textblock { width: 300px; text-align: justify; white-space: pre-line; border-left: 2px #000 solid; padding: 20px 20px 20px 50px; transform: translate(11px, 0px); } #washi h1 { font: 30px Old Standard TT, serif; padding: 0; margin: 10px 0; } #washi h1 a { font: inherit !important; color: inherit !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; } #washi a { font: inherit; color: inherit; text-decoration: none; } #washi .textblock a { font: 14px Old Standard TT, serif; line-height: 13px; color: [var="font"]; } #washi .stripeblock { background: repeating-linear-gradient(45deg, #000, #000 5px, transparent 5px, transparent 10px); width: 30px; height: 120px; transform: translate(10px, 0); } #creds, #creds a, #creds a:hover { width: 100px; font: 10px 'Yantramanav'; text-align: center; color: #000; margin: 0 auto; padding: 2px 0; [/newclass]

[attr="id","washi"]
[attr="class","colorblock"]

[attr="class","textblock"]

He had all intentions of following the annoying rabbit's path so they could get this thing done, but just as he was about to turn the corner deeper into the maze, the Suna started making loud noises again. It took a lot of the Yuki's self-control to not roll his eyes at the other genin having trouble with ice walking. At least Asuka wasn't making an utter fool of herself. And she was also saving him from having to explain the basics of walking on the slippery surface, easily taking charge of their little group.[break][break]

The Konoha decided to show off his fancy eyes. Nagisa blinked. Okay. So what? Unless the red and black irises had a way of hypnotizing the jackalope into standing still, he didn't see the appeal. He kept his face blank and offered up the shuriken to the boy, although part of him didn't want to. It wasn't his fault the Leaf hadn't prepared better, but this was supposed to be a team exercise. Anything to get out of here. And he could always make more, if needed.[break][break]

The plan the other three (two really, all the Sand had done was yell a lot) had come up with was basic, trap the rabbit somewhere Asuka could hopefully catch it. Nagisa looked right and left of the halls. They had no clue how big the maze was, nor which ways the paths went.[break][break]

Plus, the rabbit had holes he could use to go through the walls and avoid them. Well, Nagisa could take care of that much, no sweat. A simple couple of hand seals and a stomp of his foot, blue ice crackled over the floor before sealing up over the near eastern rabbit hole. He still had plenty of chakra left and could make sure he wouldn't waste any while setting up Jack.[break][break]

To conserve his chakra for freezing over the holes, Nagisa unwound his rope from around his chest, tied his kunai to an end, and used it to test the length of hall before walking down it, either for motion sensor traps, or treacherous floors.[break][break]

# # # # [break][break]

Inventory:
  • x1 Rope [30m]
  • x1 Belt
  • x1 Sash
  • x1 Canteen [full]
  • x1 Compass
  • x3 Ninja Wire [30m]
  • x5 Shuriken
  • x4 Kunai
  • x1 Poison Mushroom
  • x1 Flashbomb
  • To Issei: x4 Shuriken
[break]

Jutsu Used:[break]

SAs Used:
  • Weathered (Minor) SA: May have not suffered an injury but certainly pushed his body and will be feeling the effects of that. Should be able to operate as normal but exhaustion could catch up quicker and make him hits his limits earlier than usual.
  • Ice Prince Nagisa [Kekkei Genkai]: Nagisa is a genius with Ice Release. Though he is not yet aware of the extent of his own talents, his ability to comprehend and learn Ice Techniques may perhaps be the best that has appeared for quite some time. His use of Ice in his techniques would be more aptly described as a sort of command over the element rather than the simple use of it. Is almost as if it is an element which he can someday come to rule and use as freely as his own body. His chakra is so in tune with the nature of Hyōton that it is chilling in of itself as if imbued with the ability to freeze anything. There is no question that his chakra is more potent and stronger than even some of the greatest Hyōton users.

[attr="class","stripeblock"]
[attr="id","creds"]lumi of pp
[break]

**edited to add the spoiler at the bottom
last edit by Yuki Nagisa on Jul 6, 2020 12:48:35 GMT -5