TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
he subtle transition of power was already underway before the Chuunin Exams, but was not properly announced until afterwards. This meant that the handing off of power took place over the course of a particular window of time: a window in which the resident Jinchuriki of the village, Kouki, was in a coma. Deep in a slumber, resting up in the hospital. The governance changed hands and soon he was Shuka's problem instead of Emiri's.

She checked in as frequently as her role would allow, checking the strength of the seal that kept the beast inside him. It was important to make sure he didn't pass, but also that the seal didn't weaken. When she was told that he had finally started to awake, she made the trip to the hospital to do the same sort of routine inspection. She needed to reintroduce herself to him as well. She was the new Yuki Lady, and he was to be her assistant.

They'd met before, of course. Shuka spent too much time around the leadership for them to have avoided each other. But it certainly wasn't in much detail. Now was as good at time as any.

She sat in a chair beside the bed, hands folded in her lap, waiting for him to awaken.

ISHY of THQ & ADOXOGRAPHY
has written 436 posts
out of hibernation - [kouki]Feb 14, 2021 1:52:29 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday Dec 14 (World Monkey Day) rank Adv. Genin occupation

I More often then not, the boy was seen as tranquil as he ever could be in a deep slumber, but within himself was quite the different story. It was as if the boy was in some sort of mental stasis within himself. He was reliving the events of the chunin exams over and over, yet was not aware that he was existing within a loop of time. Over and over he experienced the same sensations: The stab he received from his little tyke of an opponent, the beast in a dark red silhouette, and the burning rage that engulfed him and then…darkness…rinse and repeat. Viewing the boy from reality, he was seen twitching and moaning in pain and in a cold sweat now. The doctors were understanding this to be a sign that the jinchuriki was slowly but surely regaining his consciousness. There had been reports that Kouki sprang from the waist up in jolt with eyes wide open, only to immediately slump back into his hospital bed. The medical professionals were looking for when the boy would simply stir himself awake in a calmer fashion, and it had been anticipated that today would finally be the day that he would awaken.

It had been a few odd weeks, but just because the boy was in a coma did not mean that the world, especially Yukigakure, would come to a screeching halt until the boy came to. It was time that Kouki would open his eyes slowly and finally see the real world again. As his vision went from blurry to clear, he slowly turned his head to and fro to survey the room he was in. He slowly came to the realization that he was most definitely not still in the arena with his foe, but instead in a warm lit hospital room. A couple of doctors and nurses were standing over him and muttering medical jargon that the boy would not have understood even if he were completely lucid. The one thing…or person rather that caught his eye was of an older women. It was a familiar face, but his brain still felt too fried to completely connect the dots. He instinctually knew in that moment that this women was at least a friend not foe. His head turned to face her and his glossy eyes meekly met and locked with hers.
"Shu…Shuka-sama?” The boy spoke in a hushed whisper…the wiring in his brain slowly catching up to what he was observing.

⚬ Notes

Cosmic has written 128 posts
out of hibernation - [kouki]Feb 15, 2021 10:53:15 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
here was, she understood, every chance that she would remain here for a long time waiting for him to awaken. There had been reports of him tossing and turning, sitting up, clearly restless and ready to break from his coma, but it could take quite a while. She waited patiently.

Eventually, it seemed that he was stirring again. Shuka held the scroll in her hand carefully, ready to flare out the bijuu seal in case it somehow escaped. Hopefully the coma would not put that much strain on his body, however. Things seemed stable for now. She was no sensor, but even still, she felt no cause for concern, no rippling on the air. The doctors gathered around him, muttering and taking notes and checking vital signs as he began to open his eyes. Those eyes locked on her, surprisingly, and the first thing he muttered was her name.

"Good morning, Kouki-san," she greeted, bowing her head just slightly, though she remained seated. She may be the village leader now, but she had always been one to be respectful. "You have been asleep for a long while. I'm certain it's good to be awake again. Try to take it slow," she instructed. "I'm sure you have questions about what happened. And what has occurred since the chuunin exams."

has written 436 posts
out of hibernation - [kouki]Mar 6, 2021 22:15:59 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Though he had only just woken up, the dulcet tones of the woman’s voice could have lulled him back to sleep. Truly, Shuka was a sight fir sore eyes for the troubled lad. Where lady Emiri seemed hot to the touch and one needed to walk on eggshells, Shuka was the opposite, at least to Kouki. The two were acquaintances at best, but Kouki always appreciated the calm energy the older Kunoichi had always to a room. Suddenly a flash from the from the past had hit his mind of the boy from the waterfalls sinking a kunai deep withing his chest. The memory caused the lad to clutch at his chest almost expecting a deep wound but only found the textures of medical wraps meeting his fingertips.

"H-…How long was I out?” From what he could sense the wound itself had healed a considerable amount. He would not have the knowledge to realize it but part of his fast healing factor had in part to his biju most likely not wanting to die with him. He made a faint smirk and chuckled meekly. "Damn…Lady Fourth is going to pissed at the mess I made, huh?” He felt his chest have a shot of pain run through it so he gently lowered himself back into his hospital bed as he awaited for Shuka to help him understand what had transpired.

⚬ Notes

out of hibernation - [kouki]Mar 7, 2021 0:25:49 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
he boy clutched at his chest, clearly still feeling pain from the injury. There was a lot that medical shinobi could do to help heal a wound, but sometimes rushing the healing process was worse than the alternative. Allowing the body to slowly heal itself and handle the process naturally could avoid scar tissues that could lead to complications later. Still, it was uncomfortable to have to deal with the pain of recovering from that sort of wound.

"It has been a few weeks," she informed him. Not an especially long time, but still long enough for it to be considered a brief comatose stint. Everyone had been quite concerned about him in that time. Things could change very rapidly. Even though it hadn't been too long, he had much to catch up on after being asleep for so long.

"And you don't have to worry about Lady Fourth," she assured. She would keep her explanation vague on that end, but... No one was quite sure where Emiri had disappeared to. There were search parties out right now, looking all across the country for her. Shuka's interim stay as leader had become permanent as a result.

"In the time that you have been asleep, there have been a few political changes. The council decided to elect me as Lady Fifth. So that is one of the things you missed out on."

has written 436 posts
out of hibernation - [kouki]Apr 3, 2021 23:10:57 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

One of the most puzzled looks draped across Kouki’s face as Shuka-sama explained the change in power. The notion that Lady Emiri would give up her title and power seemed…perplexing to say the least. Wrapping his head around that idea took enough focus that the lad untensed his body knowing that the flaming battle axe of a woman no longer had command over him. Instead, it would seem that the gentle older lady that he knew during his tenure as assistant would be his new commander-in chief. Kouki then proceeded to ask the most obvious question, "Whoa…what??” He raised himself back up with each question. "What would make Lady Emiri lose that position? Why were you picked? Not that you aren’t qualified I mean- agh!” Moving his body too quickly upright caused a sharp pain to zap through his torso and then boy plopped back into bed hard enough that he bounced slightly. The boy winced and was annoyed that the simple act of moving his torso seemed to be too much. He made an exasperated sigh as he allowed himself to sink into the bed once again. Exerting himself was not getting himself anywhere and he was truly at the mercy of the sad state of his body. All he could really do was focus on the words Shuka-sama would have to say.

⚬ Notes

out of hibernation - [kouki]Apr 4, 2021 15:55:32 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
he truth of the matter was honestly quite strange. Emiri had... vanished. The transition to power had only properly taken shape now and council had decided to instate her as the leader while the searches continued. All of that was probably too much for the recently awoken Kouki, though, so she would attempt to keep it relatively simple.

As he got too enthusiastic, he winced down in pain. Shuka frowned and leaned in, hovering a hand over him. If only she were a medic and she could ease the ache. That had never been her area of expertise, though.

"Don't strain yourself so much," she chastised. "You've just woken from being out for quite a long time. You are going to need to take it slow until you properly recover." She stood and grabbed a glass of water for him, bringing it over and offering it tenderly. "Drink this and take a moment to calm yourself."

When she was sure he could handle further conversation, she said,

"There was simple some council discussion and it was decided that I should take up the leadership position, at least for the time being. Emiri has done nothing wrong and there was no major overturn in your time unconscious, I assure you."

has written 436 posts
out of hibernation - [kouki]May 5, 2021 22:55:30 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

The boy was feeling slightly embarrassed. There was nothing to prove to the new Lady Fifth and yet he felt himself wanting to show her that he was strong and capable. Perhaps it was his experience with lady Emiri that had him in the habit of wanting to prove himself at all hours of the day. Lady Shuka was different. There was an aura around her that seemed to give of a more maternal energy than Lady Emiri ever could. Even so, Kouki has always been a bit of a showboat and is someone who never likes to show that there is a problem…until there’s a problem.

His face flushed a tad as Lady Shuka chastised him and brought water to him. It was like getting scolded by the grandma he never had.. Reluctantly, Kouki took the glass of water from the elder, he pursed his lips to allow the cup a place to rest on his mouth, and took a few sips. He did not drink the whole cup in a subtle attempt to prove he was "tough”, but realistically he needed it. After his drink, Kouki raised a bushy eyebrow up in mixture of confusion and disbelief. Regardless of assurance, the explanation just did not seem satisfactory to Kouki. The boy was also feeling a bit cheeky as well and wanted to test the waters.
"So…what do you have planned for Yukigakure’s human weapon?” A question he had always wanted to ask Emeri but never did, the boy was curious at what his new leader had in store and what did she see him as? A young lad…or a weapon?

⚬ Notes

out of hibernation - [kouki]Aug 26, 2021 13:25:30 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
B
razen young boy that he was, she was not particularly surprised by the question, though she did find it an interesting one. Perhaps if she was someone with more war-like ambitions, she would have grand, sweeping plans for a power like Kouki's. Many leaders throughout history had trained their jinchuuriki to be the most powerful of soldiers. The deadliest, the most fearsome. It would do Yukigakure well to have someone of equal strength, but she desired the bijuu more as a defensive presence than as a weapon of mass destruction.

"So businesslike. Is this how you always greet people after waking from comas?" She asked, mildly teasing, though the humor in her voice was minimal. "I believe it would be appropriate if we made certain nothing like this happened again, at least. I would not like to see you harmed, so helping you to develop your control is the first order of business. For both your safety and the safety of our nation, of course. After that, I suppose it will depend largely on your developing skills as you better learn to manage your manage."

has written 436 posts
out of hibernation - [kouki]Oct 2, 2021 0:19:02 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Kouki’s heart had beaten a little faster after Shuka’s business-like comment, perhaps he had pushed his luck too far? "It’s just….that’s what I was to Lady Fourth. Never really had much faith in authority figures treating me any different…” That sentence caused Kouki to have a quick tour through memory lane. He quickly remembered all the times he perceived shinobi older then him treating him as nothing more than a weapon that only happened to have feelings, eat and sleep. Kouki darted his eyes away from Lady Fifth after that comment. He had felt himself stepping too far out of his comfort zone emotionally with that statement. He had already felt vulnerable due to the nature of barely being able to lift himself from a hospital bed, so it didn’t help that another layer of himself was becoming observable and at risk of judgement from others.

Even though he was looking down towards the bed as she spoke, it would have been somewhat plain to see that he was still listening as he made slight nods of acknowledgement with the statements and suggestions Lady Fifth expressed. With every further elaboration of her ideas, Kouki was making mental notes in his head to see if she was going to be any different than Lady Fourth. There were the obvious mentions of his control becoming better, but what stroke him the most was her mentioning of his safety and not wanting to see him harmed. Those mentions of concern were not typical verbiage he was used to hearing. A tiny glimmer of hope glistened in him. Perhaps…this was going to be different. Kouki looked towards Shuka’s general direction but made it a point to look below her eye level so as not to make direct eye contact.
"I know I don’t look it…” He winced as a shot of pain ran from his chest down his back. "but I would honestly like to get stated on that sooner rather than later.” He pointed to his chest with his thumb. "I’m really tired of this asshole monster giving me such a hard time…Ope-!’ Realizing he just cursed in front of Lady Fifth, Kouki bit his lower lip and awaited nervously at how the older kunoichi would respond.

⚬ Notes

out of hibernation - [kouki]Oct 16, 2021 17:33:02 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
he life of a shinobi was a complicated and often disappointing one. He was not shocked that Kouki's perception of authorities figures was thus. Many people in the world treated one another in that way. If one thought only of themself, or even only of the concept of their "nation," it was very easy to see other people as mere weapons. Wasn't that what shinobi were, to an extent? They were alive. They had beating hearts. They had families and opinions and feelings, all which mattered. And at the end of the day, any of them would be used as cannon fodder to feed the beast of war if it were necessary. This was true even of Shuka. She had seen it. Lived it. Perhaps that was what gave her her compassion to the troubles of others.

When Kouki cursed, she gave him a rather stern look, but it cracked quickly into a soft laugh. "You act as though I've never heard someone use an expletive before. I was a soldier before I was a diplomat. I assure you I have heard worse. Be careful what words you use in polite company, though. Others might not be so forgiving of it," she chastised.

"Do you feel as though you are able to stand?" She asked. "I do not want you to push yourself and I do not believe training should begin instantly, but any amount of recovery you can begin to accomplish will be good for you."

has written 436 posts
out of hibernation - [kouki]Oct 19, 2021 23:18:09 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

He let go of his bite on his lip and could feel his face become hot as his face switched to a hue of red as Shuka lightly scolded him. Although he was embarrassed, there was an air lightness in the whole experience. Kouki was used to cold and calculated responses…responses that were meant to tear him down a bit with each utterance. Shuka did not seem to have that same bite in her tone. He could tell that she meant what she said, but there was also a warmth about it as if she would forgive him after the moment was over.

"I’ll try to remember.” Kouki scratched the bag of his head with a nervous smile. His face went back to a look of focus as Shuka asked about standing. "I mean…I can try? I think I’ve only been awake for about fifteen minutes now." The boy began by shimmying his torso up higher on his pillows. He was very stiff, and overall he was quite achy, but he was powering through. He used his hands to help guide his legs off the bed as he pivoted his body to a sitting position as his feet met with the floor. Kouki took a deep breath as he hoisted himself up, winced in pain, and immediately plopped back down on the hospital bed. "If you give me a little time I should be able to.” A feeling of wanting to impress Lady Fifth was palpable in the air. He didn’t want to let her down already.

⚬ Notes

out of hibernation - [kouki]Nov 5, 2021 18:56:15 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
E
ager child. It was clear that he was trying to push himself beyond what he was truly prepared for in the interesting of impressing. Was he afraid she would leave if he failed to stand up now? Dismiss him? In many ways the life of a shinobi could feel that way. You were valuable for your body. Those who lost that mobility often lost their careers and felt tossed aside for it. Did he think he was a failure if he couldn't wake from a coma and instantly move around?

"You're trying a little too much too quickly," she decided. "You haven't had weight on your legs in quite a while. They might even still be slightly asleep. Try doing exercises to wake them up and get your mobility back first," she suggested. "Like the ones you're meant to do if you're stuck out in a snowstorm and your limbs start freezing. Circulation is important to mobility," she said. She did a brushing motion, trying to urge him to lie back down.

"Cycle your legs. That should work best." She was no doctor, but she had a decent amount of field experience.

has written 436 posts
out of hibernation - [kouki]Nov 26, 2021 23:15:40 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Disappointment was the last thing that he would want Lady Shuka to feel in this moment. It had seemed that in recent times Kouki was only procuring failures in not just the chuunin exams but even being able to leave a hospital bed. He was frustrated. He felt that he should be able to get back on his feet more quickly. He was a young, fiery, spry young man ready to take on the world, and he was also the last to admit if he was biting more off than he could chew.

Kouki let out a loud sigh as his superior began to list off reasons why he could not get up and gave him instructions on how to fix it. It was not that he was ungrateful, but it was embarrassing to have to be told all of this. It was as if right before Lady Shuka would finish a sentence, Kouki finished it in his head. He recognized what the solutions were he simply wanted to get on with it. Without eye contact, Kouki muttered a small
"understood” before meekly lifting his right leg slowly to meet with his chest. There was a slight tremble in his leg as he went through the motion. As his right leg flattened back to a resting position, his left leg immediately rose to copy that of the other leg which as much trembling. Kouki winced mildy as he did it. It was a dull pain that he could muscle through but it was still uncomfortable especially as he was being watched by his leader. "I just…wanna be done in here already.”

⚬ Notes

out of hibernation - [kouki]Dec 9, 2021 20:23:00 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
R
eluctantly, the young man listened. She could tell that he was not particularly enthused about having to do so. No one enjoyed physical therapy or having to get back on their feet after a long stay in the hospital. It was grueling, boring, made one feel like they'd lost significant progress.

"I understand completely," she said. "I've always hated being bedbound. It's a sad fact that recovery is one of the most important things you can do for your growth, as impatient as it can make a hardworking shinobi." She had been in the game a long, long time. This meant she had dealt with her fair share of injuries and was very well familiar with this process.

"Once, when I was only a little older than you, I sustained a pretty severe injury and was in bed for a week. Even that was difficult to get up from, so trust me when I say I comprehend your frustration. I was overseas at war at the time." After a very exhausting and ruinous battle where several of her friends died. That was the way with this career, sometimes.

has written 436 posts