Here I Come! | Round 1Jun 2, 2021 5:49:00 GMT -5
Hisakawa Yamato
Preparation, and good comrades, are the keys to victory
Hisakawa Yamato Avatar
groupnull
age 23 years old birthday rank Sp. Jounin occupation Kusagakure Lord

2 Clues Found

@all
Night fell as Akihiko departed from Hohei-chō, but with his time limit reset, there wouldn't be much difference between resting before heading to the forest or not. Once again, the genin would be treated to the pleasantness that was Nohara no Kuni, potentially passing past the village of Kusagakure or Izumizaki on his way to his destination.

Arriving at the edge of the forest would reveal that, as far as appearances went, it wasn't all that unique. However, there did seem to be a special serenity that emanated from these woods, a serenity that was heightened by the gradual appearance of beautiful hummingbirds the deeper Akihiko went. Provided the Kumo genin was alert, he'd soon realize that he wasn't the only human soul in the forest, potentially spotting the person that was tailing him. The person didn't seem to be hostile, and a sharp eye would be able to spot the band on the stranger's arm, matching perfectly with the one on Akihiko's. If he chose to approach, the other genin wouldn't bother moving away, apparently having noted their matching armbands himself.

A closer look would reveal that the stranger really was about the same age as Akihiko, if not just a tiny bit older and a whole lot taller, just a bit shy of 6 feet from the looks of it. A sheathed katana hung from his hip, with Kirigakure's symbol displayed discreetly from his headband tied around it. On his other hip was another katana, though it looked to be in far worse condition than the other one.

Extra notes;

Chou
Yamato has written 544 posts
Here I Come! | Round 1Jun 7, 2021 11:10:01 GMT -5
Omori Akihiko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Omori Akihiko Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday July 2, 1006 rank Chunin occupation Operations Team 1 (Member)
 i am a red fire quickly rising 

In hopes of making his traveling a lot easier - Akihiko would morph his Tennogan into its second stage, it put the use of his eye into overdrive and his entire eye would turn black, but it would allow him to note things in greater detail, and see chakra at great distances. So, if the clue emanated any kind of chakra he would be able to see it. It seemed like a good idea as he skirted on by all the way to the forest. He would pause only briefly on the edge of it noting how serene it was, it would be nice to hang around in it and explore it but he had a mission!

And for once in his life, Akihiko wasn't totally distracted from the task at hand.

Aki kept moving along, eventually jumping into the trees and hopping from one to the other trying to get further in, in what he assumed was the right direction of the clue.

Though something didn't feel right and with his eyeballs cranked up as high as they were, it soon became rather obvious that there was the presence of another chakra. Especially with how Aki kept his head on a swivel with every leap he made. Left, right, back... The chakra was inevitably obvious.

He paused then and stared towards the follower, he was a lot taller and had katanas. Why was he following Akihiko though?

The boy pursed his lips and then gave a wave from a few trees away.

"Er, hi! What's up?" He noticed the band like the one he had, so... Hopefully, the other boy wasn't hostile?
272 | | notes
ulla

Special Ability #1
Tennogan | Dojutsu | Kekkei Genkai
Gifted with his clans dojutsu, even among clan members Akihiko can be seen as quite skilled with it, capable of utilizing both states of the dojutsu - sealing techniques within the four orbs that reside in his eyes, and seeing chakra from great distances (20m passively | 100m actively). At his level he is capable of sealing jutsu that top out at 'medium' in chakra usage, anything above this puts a high strain on him as he continues to work minimizing the strain his eyes put on his body and chakra supply.
Han has written 326 posts
Here I Come! | Round 1Jun 18, 2021 19:24:58 GMT -5
Hisakawa Yamato
Hisakawa Yamato Avatar
groupnull

2 Clues Found

@all
The stranger paused when Akihiko waved to him, hesitating for a rather awkward amount of time before returning the wave. Just for good measure, the other male pointed directly at his armband before speaking himself.

"How many clues do you have? I have two."

If there was any doubt left that this stranger was also a contestant, it most likely was dispelled now. Provided Akihiko didn't run away, the stranger took a few tentative steps forward, gesturing in the vague direction of the center of the forest.

"I imagine you're also heading to the center of the forest. Why don't we travel together the rest of the way? If I recall correctly, there isn't anything in the rules stating contestants can't work together."

It seemed to be a genuine offer, open-ended enough that there was no real pressure for Akihiko to accept, though if he did the stranger would do his best to keep up with the Kumo genin as they continued their search. Regardless of whether or not he chose to travel with the mysterious genin, it would take another hour or so to reach the approximate middle of the forest, giving ample time for conversation and/or thoughtful silence. Arrival at the destination would reveal a small, natural clearing, filled with a stunning assortment of flowers and the densest population of hummingbirds thus far, their feathers and colorings just as varied as the flowers'.
Extra notes;

Chou
Here I Come! | Round 1Jun 27, 2021 12:55:48 GMT -5
Omori Akihiko
Omori Akihiko Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday July 2, 1006 rank Chunin occupation Operations Team 1 (Member)

Initial vibe would tell Akihiko that the other boy wasn't hostile, just older and a little less cheery than Aki. But, this was a competition, an exams so anything could potentially be a test? Unsure, yet, unwilling to make an enemy so early on the boy smiled at the stranger and nodded.

"I have two as well," He responded willingly, the other had given him the information so easily, so he decided it was worth his time to be just as easy going about the clues.

The suggestion that they work together had Akihiko pause and then he would think the proposition over. After only a few beats, the red head would nod and grin.

"Sounds good. Two set of eyes is better than just one!"

After that, the two would turn and begin travelling towards their goal in the center of the forest which was about another hour. Akihiko was usually quite a chatter box, but he was clearly keeping to staring and keeping an eye on his surroundings more than talking his head off. They would have time to get to know each other later once they were out of the first round.

Once they reached the center, Aki would come to a stop and look around. Hummingbirds, flowers... Aki looked for something that might signal at a clue. He moved towards the center even more so of the clearing.

"Hmm... Pretty... But what's the point...?" He scratched at his head, having never been the brightest his guess was as good as anyone else's.
256 | | notes
ulla
Here I Come! | Round 1Jul 10, 2021 13:39:48 GMT -5
Hisakawa Yamato
Hisakawa Yamato Avatar
groupnull

3 Clues Found

@all
The other male nodded his head when Akihiko returned his open invitation, the slightest hint of a smile on his face when the Kumo genin obliged by also sharing the fact that he had 2 clues to his name.

"Yes, I'm sure we'll succeed with our combined effort."

The other boy had a strange, flat way of speaking, but still there was no hint of hostility in his voice or posture. Nothing too out of the ordinary happened when the duo reached the supposed center of the forest, at least not right away. A few moments after Akihiko's comment on the beauty of the place, two hummingbirds made a beeline for the two genin, one for each. And to their surprise, the hummingbird's would suddenly speak upon hovering in front of them.

"You have done well to find this place! You are nearing the end of the first stage of the Chuunin exams, but now is a time for evaluation and appraisal, please come with me!"

The hummingbird that relayed this message to Akihiko seemed quite anxious and excited, a stark contrast to the reserved bird that was speaking to the other genin. However, the main point of the message remained the same, though the hummingbirds began leading them in opposite directions. As they parted ways, the other male dipped his head in Akihiko's direction.

"That was a rather short-lived alliance, but I wish you luck."

The hummingbird assigned to the Kumo genin would wait for him to catch up before continuing to lead him to the edge of the meadow, well out of earshot of the other genin before settling down onto a nearby flower. Even while perched on the plant, the hummingbird seemed anxious, twitching this way and that, but eventually it began speaking again.

"Once again, I must commend you Akihiko-san! We've been watching you fromthe beginning and,Ihavetosay I'mquitepleasedwithhowyou'vehandledyourself!"

As the small bird spoke, her speech began to speed up, some of the words flowing together until she was back in flight, hovering just above the ground. This use of her energy seemed to help her gain control of her speech though, and her next words were far more intelligible.

"You have seen the people of this nation, and even lent a helping hand, even knowing there was the possibility that you might not benefit from it. There was a bit of a stumble in the second leg of your journey, but you recovered quickly, finding your way to Hohei-cho and then finally, here." She paused momentarily to fly a lap around Akihiko's head before hovering just in front of the boy's face.

"As a reward for your exemplary work, I shall allow you to choose from 3 gifts that will aid you in the second stage of the exams! You can choose from... One chakra pill, a set of kunai AND shuriken, or... insider information on the next round itself!"

Extra notes;

Chou
Here I Come! | Round 1Jul 15, 2021 19:17:50 GMT -5
Omori Akihiko
Omori Akihiko Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi

Akihiko almost seemed to fall back when the hummingbirds showed up and started to speak to them. That, after all, wasn't exactly all that natural and he was bewildered and shocked at the very idea. His jaw had dropped wide open and he was starting with a most distinct shock.

That was until he was started to be pulled away from his new ally. Apparently, they didn't need to have been allies at all as the last leg of the journey was a lot more simple than the ones before. He gave a wave once he came back to reality and nodded.

"You too!" He would respond in kind.

Now, back to the bird. It was incredible how it was able to speak, and Aki was still quite amazed, but a little less so from his initial shock. Now, he just stared with a wide smile, the bird speaking so quickly... Yet, Akihiko didn't seem to have any troubles keeping up with its speech, being prone to speaking that fast all on his own.

When offered an option between three options the boy put a hand to his chin and looked up to the canopy.

A chakra pill, that would be nice... But he had plenty of chakra, and he wasn't sure if it would ultimately be all that handy...

Kunai and shuriken. Did that mean he couldn't take his own? That must have been the case. But, perhaps he wouldn't need it.

Information on the other hand? That could be valuable. It wasn't items or stuff and whilst Akihiko was, once again not the smartest cookie, he knew well enough that this was the chunin exams, he couldn't rely on the most obvious. Intel could be more important than anything else! So, that's what he would side on.

"Alright... The info! Spill on the info lil bird!"
308 | | notes
ulla