Dangoing, Dango

compose a reply
Dangoing, DangoOct 19, 2021 22:18:53 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday Dec 14 (World Monkey Day) rank Adv. Genin occupation

This woman was on another planet at all times as far as Kouki was concerned. He stuck out his tongue on her comment about dying in worse ways. What an odd women to do something like that to an acquaintance and laugh Kouki had thought. A concerned look washed over his face as he saw the woman turn around. He could not see what she was doing and hoped it was not going to be something filled with debauchery yet again. Luckily, she was just making more dangos as she passed over to him another order of red bean dangos. He made a slight sigh as he took the treat from her hands.

"Ok sure they can be cumbersome, but it’d also help with my strength training ya know? I just wanna be more well rounded in some aspects…was thinkin’ bout learning some simpler genjutsu as well.” Regardless of how it came across, Kouki was serious. It would be fun to learn various other avenues of jutsu as fists and kicks can get….stale from time to time. Kouki began to munch away on his dangos as Raimaa went on another tangent. He was more focused on the sound of his own chewing than what she was saying…something about dogs as weapons. "So uh….you free to train me or something…?”

⚬ Notes

Cosmic has written 127 posts
Dangoing, DangoOct 20, 2021 7:36:07 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 13/10 rank Jounin occupation Being Awesome
"You free to listen to what I am teaching you?" Raimaa replied, taking a bite of the Dango and spinning the stick around her fingers in an unconscious fiddling manoeuvre. "You've zoned out twice in as many minutes, and that doesn't bode well for your ability to take in what I say. Take it from a woman who's clan has been using swords and bladed weaponry since before the First Shinobi War; half of all martial arts is theory"

Raimaa would polish off the rest of the dango and then flick the stick into the bin, chucking some money into the till for the food and then looking to Kouki. Why was it that the only kid around here that ever listened to her was Kaiya?
Lilly has written 881 posts
Dangoing, DangoOct 27, 2021 20:30:23 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

"Oh I mean…uh…” Kouki didn’t really know how to answer. He KNEW what his decision was…he just wasn’t sure how to word his response. Kouki never really did well with just not moving and listening for long periods of time. One could call him a kinesthetic learner. It would make much more sense for the genin to practice swordplay than just talking about sword play. He felt that bukijutsu was in the same realm as taijutsu. He would rather watch Raimaa perform her bukijutsu than just sitting here with some dango talking about.

"Quite honestly I’d rather see some examples than just hearing about them. I kinda get lost with too many words and not enough action.” Kouki scratched the back of his head and chuckled meekly. He was hoping Raimaa may agree. Nobody wants to just stand around at a dango shop all day. There are things to do and people to see. "What if I just meet you after your day job?” The boy gestured to the dango stand as he asked.

⚬ Notes

Dangoing, DangoOct 28, 2021 5:22:43 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
"A habit to get out of. I can't exactly show you the dangers of what could happen if you do it wrong, now can I?" Raimaa would ask. And then, thinking another second, she'd shrug and turn to the door, opening it and shouting into the house.

"Jii-jii, I'm leaving early! I got Ninja Stuff to do!" Raimaa exclaimed, and then grabbed her wooden sword and moved out from behind the counter, waiting only long enough for the middle aged man to come and man the store.

"So, how durable are you? If I hit you with my Bone Erosion Sword, are you going to have an arm left?"
Dangoing, DangoNov 22, 2021 1:37:03 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Kouki scratched his head at the reasonings Raimaa provided. "I mean, we can just use dull weapons so we’re not just hacking each other to bits.” Perhaps Raimaa was an all-or-nothing type that wouldn’t restrain herself in these instances. If that was the case, Kouki was thinking that may not make Raimaa the best sensei to have…It was after her statement to the apparent owner of the stand that he realized this training might come sooner than anticipated. Kouki’s eyes lit up as he hopped from side to side. "Alright! Let’s go!” Kouki cleared his throat and lightly itched his nose with his index finger with a slight chuckle. "I mean…cool that I don’t have to wait as long." Kouki raised an eyebrow with Raimaa’s last question. "Wha-…? Can Swords even do that? Erode bone?” He shrugged his shoulders and made a smug smile. "Guess you actually have to try and hit me to see if it can…now let’s go already!” Kouki turned without waiting for a response and began to march away towards the closest training grounds. The boy was looking forward to getting stronger even if it was with this strange pink-haired woman.

⚬ Notes

Dangoing, DangoNov 22, 2021 11:16:49 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
"Haha, kek" Raimaa exclaimed, her immature teenage persona coming out as she walked alongside Kouki. It was clear that Raimaa was some melding pot of many personalities and emotions all fighting for their time in the sun. "There is this sword style called Shuddering Sword. It creates vibrations alongside the edge of whatever you are holding, allowing you to cut things even with there is no cutting edge, like a bow or a staff, or the bare hand of your prosthetic. The Ghostly Wavering technique allows you to slice through a boulder as thick as a man like it isn't even there, which is a hell of a trick when you use a wooden sword or like....a table leg.

As for eroding bone...poetic description, I will say. There is an application of force were you gently tilt the blade the second before impact that causes it to disperse and shatter the bone of someone you hit into absolute pieces. It's not fully eroded, but it is still fucked beyond just wacking it with something heavy" Raimaa finished, skipping some from one foot to the next as they headed to the training grounds~