A Date So Noble | S

fallen blades
A Date So Noble | SJan 19, 2022 22:50:48 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday OCTOBER 5TH, -10SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation RAIKAGE BODYGUARD
Kames response didn't make her feel any better. Normally that wouldn't bother her, but for once she had to look in the mirror and sit in her own mess. After looking at the food that he'd putting on her plate for some time now she begin to eat. Although she wasn't moving at the pace of someone who just finished fighting with the powers of a deity. It was hard not to reflect on her previous words, but she couldn't just sit there and sulk right?

Especially while he had that annoying expression on his face as he ate so casually. It was definitely getting hard to hold back the part of her that wanted to internally call him names, but for once she needed to try and act her age. She thought about prying more into his own life, but then thought back to how long it took her to even get his much. Plus, she needed to add some value to their time together anyways. Why not now while he was focused on eating a meal.

"Well.. Not sure how interested you are in my own life, but... Here it goes I guess. Feel free to stop me if you aren't interested." Kiho stated nervously. Now that she was thinking about it, this was probably the first time she ever attempted to really open her life up to anyone. As of right now she truly hadn't befriended anyone long enough to get this far into a conversation such as this one, and whenever she could it was mostly spent on trying forget about the worries of her life.

"Well, I guess I can start by saying my life was MUCH different than your own.." It was odd that of all moments she was having the hardest time with saying anything, but nothing was weirder than telling someone who didn't have parents that you did. Even if it wasn't out of malice. "Both of my parents were Shinobi. My mother in the Medical Field and my father on the operations force.. I was also born different than I am now."

"In fact, once upon a time I had six arms if you can believe that.. My dad was apart of a group of people that outside the village didn't have the best reputation, and because of the few people who encountered them it brought him a great deal of prejudice, which of course trickled down to me." Kiho added while placing her hand upon her chin as she thought about how not to drag this out. Kames story seem to flow so easily despite how much time passed in between it.

"My father was a huge inspiration and always told me to be proud who I was so, when I got to the academy there were a good amount of kids who mad fun of me there, but I remained resilient like my dad told me. Instead of letting it get to me I used my extra arms to my advantage and I kicked their asses. In no time good ole Konchu was out here running those playgrounds." Life was definitely easier in those times.

"Afterward the academy was a no brainer, and right on schedule I was slated to graduated.. That's when tragedy hit me for the first time in my life when our village was struck with a plague.. A pretty bad one too. Many of the people in the village died and as a result we begin having to deal with a number of problems related to our military, food rations, and of course closing businesses.. On top of that my dad passed on a mission not long after this happened."

A heavy sigh escaped from her as she thought about how hard things had become afterward with her mom having to take care of herself and her brother. "Then I begin my career like any other Genin. I did what I could to help around the house, but my mother was stubborn so she never let me carry most of the weight, but we got by. I spend a lot of my time at the academy with the kids and supporting the local businesses over the franchises least affected in the village."

Hmm... I guess missed out on some pretty rough stuff..

Well, I don't know if I would call it that.. Not compared to what you and Kame have been through. Just glad you've been more of a help than not through it all.

"My transition in life wasn't as swift as yours, but a few years down the line it did, and now I'm here sitting across from you." Kiho added with sort of a cringe smile on her face as she took in a few more bites. "Thanks for opening up though.. That was uh, pretty cool of you to do.."
| AP has written 425 posts
A Date So Noble | SJan 20, 2022 9:31:40 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
if i'm a danger to myself
Just think what I could do to you

Toru had no time to protest, he was just quietly eating his meal. Though he was listening, he wasn't actively engaged. His ears were passive to her story. He was not as interested as she had been, but it would be at least good to know what kind of person he was training with on and off. So, he listened but in total silence without any of the emotional attachment that Kiho had shown previously. She was prone to facial expressions, Toru was not, he was just respectful, and quiet. A bit of rice in his mouth as he chewed on the grains and stared occasionally picking up more food.

Six arms? That wasn't too hard to believe. He recalled a girl who had multiple arms from when he had been a genin. She had gone to the exams. But he had not seen her since that moment. He wondered why, and where she had disappeared off too. Perhaps into obscurity as some genin or chunin in villages went. Not everyone could become a hero or some kind of amazing icon. Obscurity was the name of the game for most.

Another bite a bit of the roasted sweet potato, blinking exactly once at Kiho as she continued with her story.

Now a plague was not something you heard every day, he wondered where it had come from. Plagues were not exactly known to just show up unless a place was totally filthy. For some reason, Toru was not imagining that Kumogakure must have been filthy... But from the way Kiho talked, he doubted that she had been poor so was she an exception? It was odd to hear something like this about a village that Toru had previously a decently high concept of, at least in terms of wealth he had been sure that Kirigakure had suffered the most. But, his knowledge wasn't the vastest as the academy schooling had not been the best when he had been going. It had been improving drastically, recently.

"Mm..." Toru would grunt in acknowledgment once she was done, both to her thanking him for opening up and also just to show that he had in fact been listening to her life story. But, there was food in his mouth which was more important. After he was done chewing he would set his chopsticks aside to take a sip of his tea.

"What are your mom and dad like? Or were..." He had heard her dad passed so he had to put at least one of those things into past tense.

Han has written 2,374 posts
A Date So Noble | SJan 23, 2022 17:37:23 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday OCTOBER 5TH, -10SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation RAIKAGE BODYGUARD
Needless to say there was definitely a feeling of awkwardness that passed after she was finished telling her story. Suddenly she didn't feel so confident about telling him all of that. Of course there might have been logical reasons for why he had not said anything, but in the moment you aren't really able to see things clearly in that manner. Instead she focused her attention back to eating just as her lunch companion continued to do. She'd probably remain silent at least until after they were done eating.

She was definitely too embarrassed at this point to say anything else. However, the girl would be met with a surprised when Kame actually responded to her story with a question pertaining to it. "Um well... My mother is extremely hard working. Refuses to allow me to help carry the weight left behind in wake of my fathers dead, but extremely loving. She has been there for me through every phase of my life, but there is no mistaken one trait she possesses. That woman can be scary."

Kiho added when thinking back to all the times she refused to get up on time for school, or when she refused to eat when the food was still hot, or even when she got into scuffles with her younger brother. "My dad on the hand was extremely prideful, and wise too.. He taught me just about everything I know about being a Shinobi up until he passed. Told me to never be ashamed of my gift, and even though I no longer possess them I still have another so. I still try to apply what he taught me to that."

Kiho thought about asking Kame about his own family, but she was pretty scared given what he had to say about both of them. Instead she thought about asking about the person who took him in instead. "So um.. What is your adoptive mother like? They've got to quite the person for taking you in." She hoped she wasn't pushing her luck, but it was kind of cool getting to share things about herself with someone she was still trying to learn about.

Whoa.. You guys are getting pretty deep here.

Seven! You better not!
A Date So Noble | SJan 23, 2022 17:54:04 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Toru definitely did not notice the awkward behavior the girl was exhibiting. He just wasn't that in tune with people's emotions. Perhaps he would be one day, but that was just now who he was or how he was. Especially subtle feelings such as awkwardness. One something was plain on one's face, that was easy. But when its something like this? Well, it was just too hard to really examine especially when he was more focused on his meal than the conversation they were having. As he had mentioned previously, he was very much someone who approached food with respect. So his meals tended to be silent.

The boy would look up briefly as she started to speak after his question. But the gaze flickered back down to his meal, his ears on instead. Soon he was done with all that had been placed on the grill and then some. Though he had made sure to split everything in half, placing the finger ribs, and the more tender beef cuts in a bowl for Kiho to pick at on her side. While he would eat some of the lesser cuts for himself, content with what he had until rice, side dishes, meat and tea were all drained.

She asked him a question about Minako. He didn't give it away immediately, but he would shift, slightly. Wishing to remain closed off on the topic. Wondering if it was even appropriate to talk about her.

"Fine..." Toru murmured in response. Realizing quickly how it wasn't very detailed. "I suppose, she's fine... She was very strict. But she cared." Toru inhaled deeply then.

"But she's gone now, don't know where to. I guess I forgot to tell you that part of the story. She's gone... Now."

A Date So Noble | SJan 23, 2022 18:26:40 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
Outside of some of the mix feelings she had with how the conversations had been, it was pretty cool to see how Kame operation in such a unique environment for her. Watching him work the grill, split the meat, and then make room for conversation was all pretty cool. She couldn't wait to see if there were any places like this back home so that she could take someone out and give them the same experience. Of course she'd imagine it might be more energetic than this.

Despite his rather dull nature this all was going pretty well and she could slowly begin to feel her body recover from all the damage she took on during their sparring session. After she provided with more portions she wondered if maybe she might have went too far asking about her despite not hearing anything negative about her, and his response sort of seem to confirm that. It seemed like there was a pattern in his life with adult figure because even she left, but how?

Sudden a thought burst in her mind that she couldn't hide from her face. After a few seconds the somewhat shock look would vanished, but suddenly she remembered that he said the Mizukage had been the one to take them in, but if she left then that had to mean their village underwent some sort of change of command. She'd heard nothing about this and now she was curious if her own village was probably aware of this. She assumed they might, but then again they were on relative neutral terms so it was possible they didn't.

Wow.. This guy has been in the midst of everything that appears to have gone wrong with the village.

Not to mention how all of it seems to directly coincide with his own life.. Geez. I don't even know what to say now. Hopefully he's too focused on his food to really question my obvious reaction.

"Sorry to hear about that.. I guess I was hoping that still was a bright spot in your life." Kiho added while looking away momentarily while trying to think of something else to say. "So! Um, well.. At least now with all that you've accomplished maybe you can play a huge role in why your home gets better. I know that's what intend to do with mine."
A Date So Noble | SJan 23, 2022 18:39:05 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Toru did not notice, once again, her reaction. He had been sitting things to the side quietly, and flagging down the waitress to get them the check. Which, he would fish out his wallet to pay for the meal with. Handing her the tray with the check with both hands politely. She would bow her hand slightly when she took it and then she would walk away to double-check and process the payment and bring back Toru's change.

The girl's next statement was what got Toru to turn his head back to her in attention. Nodding slightly.

"I have always wanted to make a change." Even when he was younger. Though his ideas of that change had shifted and warped over time, he had to admit that much. Nowadays it was a lot more balanced and neutral. Less hateful. Hopefully, his new beliefs could be more beneficial to the entire village now, instead of certain groups of people in a village. Of course, he had little idea as to how he would be changing things. There was only so much a chunin could do. Even if he was a jinchuuriki now... There was little that he could impact. A weapon remained silent until needed, after all. Sequestered away.

The waitress came back and Toru would pocket the money. Tips were considered rude after all. He would glance towards Konchu then and motion with his head.

"I'm ready for a nap. Don't know about you."

A Date So Noble | SJan 23, 2022 18:55:55 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
Kame's response to her was definitely a Kame one. She got the feeling like there time here was definitely about to reach its end and you know what? She was okay with it. She got to see how her short term pupil progressed as a Jinchuuriki, the two learned what village they were from, and he even took her out to lunch. Just thinking about it all kind of made her blush. Deep down she was definitely happy she got to see him again after how long it had been since their first encounter.

Kiho opted not to ask or say anything else as she got the feeling his social meter was pretty much running out of gas. She'd take the time they were having any day over how things were when they first met. He definitely grew as a person from the time she last saw him, or maybe he was just beat up enough to actually talk. Shortly after finishing the portions given to her by Toru he would cover the tab as promised and verbally ending their time together.

"Yeah.. I guess we both could use some rest after all that."

Kiho added while placing her hand gently on her seal. "I know your not one for emotions and all that feely stuff, but today was actually fun.. In a Kame kind of way." Afterward she'd stand up while placing her arms behind her back before sticking her tongue out at him. "I hope that we get to see each other again in this setting.. Who knows, if this continues maybe we could actually become friends?"

Humph! Don't go lumping me in with you weaklings, I! Didn't break a sweat!

Yeah yeah yeah Sassy Wings.

Nevertheless, Kiho wouldn't give Kame the chance to ruin the moment so she'd take it upon herself to turn around and start heading out first. "See ya Turtle boy!" And with that Kiho headed out of the place, sprouted her wings, and then proceeded to fly over to her sleep quarters.