morning dew [yoshiki]

compose a reply
morning dew [yoshiki]Jan 8, 2022 23:45:31 GMT -5
Koketsu Yoshiki
Each living being has their own unique stripes that makes them special.
Koketsu Yoshiki Avatar
groupnull
age 25 years old birthday 9/3 rank Jounin occupation Team Leader, Genin Team 1
A MAN AND HIS BRAVADO ARE EASILY PARTED
With the his clone out and making sure his position wasn't to be tracked down Yoshiki could only just sit back and wait. The whole thing was for a greater cause and at the very least he was able to interact with one of the people he would be leading soon enough the thought would keep him eager he wonder what they would be like once they all got together. Wasn't much time for him to think before the now indistinguishable sound of Taru's arrow was covering the area, even a bit outside of the range it would certainly bother the real Yoshiki alongside the Water Clone due to his hearing being above average compared to any other normal person. With the clone stopping from the noise and having to keep himself in place with his hands covering up his ears it was all now kept at a standstill from Taru as it made it hard for the clone to locate her now.

"Gah! My delicate ears won't be getting used to this one." he exclaimed as the noise did in fact messed with some of the stability of the clone. He would struggle to move forward taking small steps  away from the arrow in hopes of reducing the noise but being a clone he wasn't able to do many things at once. Nearing it's limit the clone rushed out of the mist but to not avail as the sensory overload had caught up to him in the end dissipating into a puddle of water onto the ground right when the noise began to subside. Yoshiki could feel that his clone had been destroyed and assumed it must've been due to Taru and her moves which would've been good confirmation to him that the move would more than likely work in an actual battle. "Splendid! Although my ears are still ringing from the noise I must say the combination of those two moves certainly seem devastating, the proof is in the pudding as one would say! I must commend you for this will certainly be very exceptional, although a normal person would be able to withstand it more than a clone it's still nonetheless very promising!" he said a bit too loud for anyone to hear due to being a bit tone deaf from the noise. 

PINN
Heartsmith has written 55 posts
morning dew [yoshiki]Jan 9, 2022 21:20:00 GMT -5
Suzuki Taru
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Suzuki Taru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
That went even better than she was expecting! It seemed like this technique combination could cause a lot of problems if it was rolled out properly. Of course, he might've handled it a little easily since he was her instructor and was trying to build her confidence, but she would let herself feel proud of that achievement rather than pondering too hard on the subject. She stopped supplying her chakra to the arrow and the shrieking sound went out. Luckily, for everyone's eardrums. There were probably other practicing shinobi in the field who weren't too happy with the banshee arrow. 

When Yoshiki spoke next, it was really loud. But that was good for her benefit, too, since she had caused her own ears to ring, too. That was why it was better used at a range! To upset the enemies and push them out. Still, it was a great demonstration. 

"Thank you," she said, cheered by his enthusiasm. "I'm excited to make use of it in our future missions together." That being said, she wondered what she should work on next. He'd given her some advice on the topic before, mostly telling her to focus on her wits and developing the strategies that would allow her to pair these things together better, but she wanted to know what she should actually mechanically practice. 

"Now I should probably focus on what I should train... I know I need to work on my wits, but new techniques or training regimens..." 
has written 379 posts
morning dew [yoshiki]Jan 10, 2022 6:11:01 GMT -5
Koketsu Yoshiki
Koketsu Yoshiki Avatar
groupnull
Yoshiki didn't want to expend all of Taru's chakra by making her use techniques over and over again as the displays must've taken some effort out of her. He would think about what should she do next, thinking about the bow perhaps some practice with her aim oughta work out after all if she could make use of that then her banshee arrow could be even more lethal and with that she could at the very least take it somewhat easier for the time being but learning a new jutsu down the line could prove useful but which one he would think. It had to be a water release technique for sure or even perhaps a basic technique like the tree or water walking techniques as they were crucial for most shinobi and as a Genin perhaps she hadn't learned them yet seeing as one of the Genin from the squad lacked the ability.

"We should take it easy for now and go with a simpler routine as you did manage to come up with a technique combination on your own and even put it into practice." he said, looking around to spot the training targets for her to use. "Let's work on your aim for now shall we? With the targets here we may hone your aim for either your bow and arrow, shuriken and kunai as they all although simple tools used by ninja can at times be hard to land as you may know!" he suggested to her so she'd be able to get at least a task set up for her to do. "After we let your chakra recover of course I think I just may have a proper shuriken technique that would make use of your aim in a pinch that I could show you the basics of so you could eventually learn for yourself if need be or opt for a more basic technique like tree or water walking if it suits your arsenal instead!" Yoshiki thought he had some ideas for her to keep working on, she seemed determined enough to learn from him which at least kept his spirits high.

PINN
morning dew [yoshiki]Jan 11, 2022 1:09:06 GMT -5
Suzuki Taru
Suzuki Taru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
This guy had a lot of ideas! That was good. His mind was active and very engaged, ready for processing a lot. That meant they would have a good future developing together!

He presented a few ideas, and when he recommended that she start with practicing on her aim with her bow and arrow, she nodded. There were plenty of targets around the training field, so it was easy enough to start working on that while he discussed his other ideas. It would help her focus her mind and make decisions about what would be the best thing to do, too. 

She pulled an arrow back and aimed at the targets, focusing and firing off a shot. She wasn't any deadeye marksman or anything, but she could still at least decently consistently hit center mass. She had spent a lot of time with her bow and arrow, so she knew how to hit those trick spots. Maybe she should study more medicinal subjects so she could knock exactly the deadliest spots to fire her arrow! That was an idea for another time, though. Right now was just aim practice. 

"I already know tree walking," she admitted to him. "My previous sensei taught it to me before I got reassigned to this team. Water walking, too. Yuki Enri taught it to me. I still need to practice because I'm not very good, but I'm on my way." 

Which meant the offer that interested her the most was, 

"I'd love to learn a shuriken technique. I checked out a bunch of shuriken from the military supply for missions, but I don't actually know any special techniques for them!" 
has written 379 posts
morning dew [yoshiki]Jan 11, 2022 19:05:41 GMT -5
Koketsu Yoshiki
Koketsu Yoshiki Avatar
groupnull
Her being able to at very least land her shots properly Yoshiki was impressed, he didn't think she would much need aim practice at least with her bow other than making less direct shots, the targets being stationary at the very least limited the possibilities for her to practice it more thoroughly but there was not much they could do about it with at the moment. He wondered what could she accomplish with something other than a bow as they did have a considerably different way of handling compared to smaller weapons like senbons, shurikens and kunais but for the time being he left it at that as she seemed to have the basis covered. Yoshiki thought about teaching her the water walking technique some more since she did in fact have some knowledge about it. Although not entirely mastered it would at the very least be a good starting grounds to continue learning it.

"We may continue the walking on water technique at our leisure picking off where your previous sensei left off but it can wait for some other time as it's not an entirely hard task to accomplish if you have some prior knowledge of it." he suggested to her. He thought about how to proceed with the training, reaching down to his pouch he picked up one of the kunais he had stored inside of it. "The technique in my mind is known as the Shuriken Transformation Technique, despite the name's suggestion you may use this technique with most projectile weapons you can throw at enemies and applying chakra and doing a simple clap of the hands will cause it to grow in size!" he gave it some flare to make it sound more amazing than it is even if it wasn't such a high ranking jutsu but also not too low. "Of course with practice on using projectile tools it'll be certainly of use for you!"

PINN
morning dew [yoshiki]Jan 11, 2022 22:48:32 GMT -5
Suzuki Taru
Suzuki Taru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
He suggested to pick up the water walking practice another time. That seemed like a reasonable idea to her. Or she could practice it on her own and impress him with what she was able to do later! If she remembered to actually do it. All those things with careful chakra practice were a lot harder for her because of her excess reserves, but that didn't mean she didn't want to invest her time in doing them. She wanted to learn those important jutsu because that would be necessary if she wanted to go to the Chuunin exams again, but he was right, it wasn't a priority at the moment and was relatively simple. 

Yoshiki went on to describe a technique with a weapon. That did sound really useful! Especially if she got better with her strength and could throw projectiles really hard, suddenly having a massive weapon barreling towards an enemy could be very helpful. She nodded at the thought, enthusiastic at the idea, and fished around in her bags to pull out a shuriken. 

She held it out in front of herself and pooled some chakra around it, focusing. It didn't really do anything but make the shuriken blade shine. She gave up with a huff. 

"How do you do it?" She asked him. 
has written 379 posts
morning dew [yoshiki]Jan 12, 2022 18:45:17 GMT -5
Koketsu Yoshiki
Koketsu Yoshiki Avatar
groupnull
Yoshiki observed her attempt to do the technique but as she failed to do so he realized he should've probably demonstrated how to do it alongside describing it so that she could get a better grasp on it and make it easier for her to properly learn to use it so grabbing one of his kunai he opted to give her a more visual representation of it. "I much prefer the kunai over shurikens myself so I'll opt to use this instead as it works all the same." he explained to her although it was more a personal preference for him. "Now pay attention though I should've demonstrated this technique the first time so that's my mistake but I'll correct it now that I can." Holding out the kunai and adding a small amount of chakra onto he threw it at one of the targets in the training grounds. "Hah!" He clapped his hands and the kunai reacted appropriately as it's size grew considerably to one similar to a sword.

The target almost fully broken by the size of the enlarged kunai but after a small amount of time poofing back to it's original size to that of when it was initially thrown. "That's how the jutsu is performed although it's quite complex in theory as on needs to add just the right amount of chakra! Not too much or not too little as you wouldn't want it turning back to normal without hitting it's target after all or waste too much of your own chakra without actually needing to." he walked over to the target and retrieved the kunai back from it and holding it out to Taru so she could give it another go using it hopefully learning something out of it. "If you need another demonstration to be able to gauge the requirements further more don't be afraid to ask as I'll be willing to share more of it!" he exclaimed. It was a C Rank technique so he was aware it wouldn't be so easy to master but if she could get to know the basics so she was able to practice it on her own time then it would surely be just as good. 

PINN
morning dew [yoshiki]Jan 15, 2022 1:28:07 GMT -5
Suzuki Taru
Suzuki Taru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Her sensei preferred to use kunai. She would keep that in mind. Maybe it was something to do with the type of throwing that was expected? Something about the kunai made it slightly more stable and predictable while something like a shuriken had more variability in its flight path because of the spin one could put on it. If you wanted something more precise and careful, a kunai was the way to go. Taru found beauty in both consistency and randomness, so she didn't mind changing it up now and then. It was why she also had many senbon at her disposal! There was a suiton-based senbon technique that she wanted to learn soon, actually... 

No, she needed to focus on his instructions. She was the one who had asked him for his help and guidance. 

She watched him keenly as he demonstrated the technique. Channel the chakra in, throw, clap, and expand. 

She took the kunai when he offered it to her and held it up, aiming at one of the practice dummies. Channel the chakra... She focused chakra down into the blade. 

She threw the kunai. Clapped. The jutsu... kind of worked! 

However, it seemed like she had put too much chakra into it. The blade expanded much larger than it should and then poofed back to its standard size before it could even connect with the target. 

"Darn,"
Taru huffed. 
has written 379 posts
morning dew [yoshiki]Jan 16, 2022 13:43:01 GMT -5
Koketsu Yoshiki
Koketsu Yoshiki Avatar
groupnull
Yoshiki would observe making sure all that he did was portrayed the same way so that the jutsu could work however there seemed to be some little mistakes here and there mainly when it came to chakra as Taru seemed capable of producing the overall technique as per her display of increasing it's size but the distribution of chakra seemed rather wonky to Yoshiki which would be something they should work on at some point for her to be able to refine the technique and be able to do it without much hassle. He wondered what it could possibly be, perhaps the chakra flow wasn't consistent and it was all just thrown in there causing it to grow in a larger size than normal while also turning back to it's smaller size quickly. It was all based on his current observation he could be far off the actual answer but it was the best he could analyze at the moment.

"Excellent attempt! Although it does need some tuning to be able to work as intended but nothing practice  won't fix!" he said trying to keep the spirits high so it wouldn't feel too tedious for his genin. "Not everyone will be able to get it on the first try after all." he explained while trying to properly analyze the next course of action they should take on this training. It was important to keep the chakra control sent to the kunai stable so that would be a key thing to work on if they were to continue that. "Let's try that again shall we?" Yoshiki walked over to recover the kunai and once again handed it over to her. "Keep your mind cleared and let's try a little less chakra this time around perhaps that will help with the sizing of the kunai?" Yoshiki suggested, he took a step back leaving her space to aim and throw the kunai at the targets placed around.

PINN
morning dew [yoshiki]Jan 16, 2022 18:17:44 GMT -5
Suzuki Taru
Suzuki Taru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Luckily, Taru wasn't the type to be easily frustrated. He was right, not everyone would be able to get something like this on their first attempt. Learning jutsu was rarely such a straightforward thing and even for the simple ones could require many attempts. Yoshiki mildly analyzed the problems with the attempt and directed her to try it again, but with a different approach this time. 

His perspective was that she had used too much chakra. Maybe that was the case. That was a problem with how she started learning jutsu most of the time. She naturally supplied more than most people, so making sure she was using it appropriately took a greater concentration for her. That was fine, though. It just meant she needed to slow down while learning and harmonize with the moment. 

Taru took a moment to breathe, concentrating on herself and the kunai in her hand. The feel of the metal, what it would be like to push those dense particles apart and make the surface larger. 

She focused on making sure her chakra flowed consistently into the blade. Alright. 

Throwing the kunai, she clapped her hands together and directed her chakra to expand outwards, to make the kunai grow. 

It worked again, the kunai expanding appropriately into the size of a sword. It slammed into the practice dummy with a heavy thunk before returning to its proper size. 

"That was better," Taru said, cheered by it. Doing it consistently would be the challenge, but it seemed like she'd figured it out! 
has written 379 posts
morning dew [yoshiki]Jan 18, 2022 16:02:39 GMT -5
Koketsu Yoshiki
Koketsu Yoshiki Avatar
groupnull
With the second attempt she had seemed to do much better compared to the first one in the eyes of Yoshiki. "Spectacular try as it was indeed better, keep it up and I'm sure with your skill level you'll surely be able to master this technique in no time!" he cheered on. She looked like she understood how to do it so for now best he could do was to let her learn it on her own so that she'd be able to fully get the hang of it the more and more she would practice it. With that already set in motion and letting her hone the prior technique combination they had attempted before this he couldn't really think of another thing they should practice for the time being otherwise it would end up giving her the same decisiveness problems that she initially had having to pick which thing to focus on her own over the rest so he opted to just leave it at that and let her practice what he had shown her that day.

He thought about the water walking technique but that would be best left for another day, she already knew the basics of the technique so really all she would need to know would be how to put it into practice more as far as he knew. "Be it minor or not we have made some proper strides into your development, let's say we leave it at that for the time being? You may continue practicing this technique and the combinations now that you know where to begin with them!" he suggested to her, she must be feeling a bit tired by now he would assume. Perhaps he could even treat her to a bit of food as a reward for the hard work she had given out and it would work well for the whole teacher and student bonding he was trying to get the hang of. "I'll be heading out now, as your Sensei may I offer buying you a snack? I know a splendid dango place I would like to share! Think of it as a 'Good Work!' gesture from me." he cheerfully asked, he wanted to be a good role model though he wasn't entirely sure that would apply to it.

PINN
morning dew [yoshiki]Jan 18, 2022 21:12:23 GMT -5
Suzuki Taru
Suzuki Taru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Her sensei agreed that that one went much better. That was good. She really was best at picking things up when people either provided a practical demonstration or gave her some kind of cryptic metaphor to focus on. Two extremes that nonetheless worked together. Now that she had an idea of what she was doing, she would be able to replicate it in her training and do a good job carrying it out, she was sure. 

Right now, though, she was definitely exhausted. Even with the wellspring of chakra that she had, using this many techniques in a row had put a real strain on her. Yoshiki was right in guessing that she was tired. Any more and she might end up having to nap the rest of the day, which she wouldn't be fond of at all. Taru was not a restful girl and always enjoyed having something going on. 

...Like being invited for a snack! Eating was always a good way to reinvigorate the body and the mind. It was a fuel and while it didn't really replenish chakra much, it still felt like it did. Eating was also important to the development of muscle after exercise, though dango probably wasn't the best choice for that. She didn't mind, dango was delicious. 

"If you don't mind! I would really appreciate that," she answered, excitedly. 

It seemed like today's work was all done. Time to go and relax! 
has written 379 posts