War of Change

compose a reply
War of ChangeJan 16, 2022 5:21:50 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
The only cost not worth it is my own life.
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age birthday 1/26 rank occupation
It seemed they had done a decent job getting through the brunt of the conversation topics. Of course, there would always be more to consider. The Lord was not going to allow this all to be so easy.

No, Ruto knew him. Not especially well - they had never been friends or the like. Ruto was not even convinced that that dragon was one who would or could take friends. And Ruto, the vulture, was hardly any better. If the two of them had spent any extended length of time together outside of professional contact, it was tremendously likely that they would have made fast enemies, he was sure. But he had known him professionally and knew how sinister he was, how serious and authoritarian.

He would use them as an example here if he could. Show the firm hand. Hopefully not kill, but certainly strike fear. 

Oh, look, there was Kunikunosaku addressing that exact pessimism that he was indulging in, silently, right now. She wished for the conversation to continue. Airing his anxieties would do little to assuage them and would probably lead to further comforting/chiding (which he did not crave) or making Kunikunosaku more anxious in kind (something he at least had enough compassion not to want to do). 

"...Being back in the village is interesting. Well, the "village," but you know what I mean. It has been a long while since I've been here. I never travelled out much during my time as a shinobi anyways. Head always in my research, especially in the later years. I remember there being a few restaurants I enjoyed. Maybe I'll visit them while I'm stuck here in waiting," he said. 

"How have you been of late? Aside from dealing with me." That was the proper thing to ask someone in conversation, right?  
has written 141 posts
War of ChangeJan 16, 2022 13:53:11 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku
Evil doesn't die; it changes shape.
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday 2/14 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Taki Lady

We're no hero inside, we're the monster you need.

The girl perked up the moment Ruto started to talk, according to him, being back was somewhat interesting. He never really traveled much in his earlier days, so Kunikunosaku assumed that it wasn't too much of a drastic change, if losing one's complete free travel and unlimited potential, though unguided wasn't too much. It was even nicer he had some fond memories of restaurants, she really hoped she wasn't invited to go eat. While she could preform the action, it was one with no impact to her due to her physiology.

The conversation turned into how she has been as of late. For the up-teenth time, the girl scanned if it was clear, not of just patrols but also of civilians and clan members. Turning back, a grin crossed her lips. "I have been, good you can say. I have been progressively setting things up to showcase my growth in clan matters, personal strength, and leadership. As we speak, I have been far more committed and working with the clan to boot the dumbass head currently leading. He cares more about disgustingly eating actual criminals beyond just their hearts than actual clan affairs. Someone I cannot believe Yosaiyama allowed to rule after her. I plan to usurp him, how I don't know yet but you know how politics can get. As for my strength, I was beaten and dishonored by an Uchiha back at the exams... I set multiple seeds to lure him out and finally kill him to rectify the ruin he's brought. In tandem with usurping Hakurai... I plan to strive for a higher position than just a clan head. I have not only conquered many personal milestones but in the roughly 3 years since your absence, I've grown from an Academy Student to even more than we last talked, I am now a Special Jōnin. And I have no plans to stop my personal growth any time soon."

The girl finally finished, there were so many things she brushed over, but she isn't really fond of the expressions created by her psychological and metaphysical growth.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:
Jiongu | Earth Grudge Fear

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

Symbiotic Relationship: Mutualism

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

Symbiotic Bond: Strong Mind, Strong Body
As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

Medical Knowledge:

Being from Takigakure's prestigious clan medical clan, Kunikunosaku is also set to learn the human anatomy, biology, and Kinesthetics, While this knowledge DOES NOT give her access to Medical Ninjutsu Techniques, however, the knowledge does unlock abilities of precision to the human body with every attack. This knowledge grants field combat medic aid but nowhere near the degree of those actually trained in it.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
01 | Ikari to Hisan (Continuous)
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 759 posts
War of ChangeJan 16, 2022 18:45:45 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
Ah, yes, the clan head. Hakurai. Ruto remembered him soundly and had never been a fan. Ruto was still there when the transition to his leadership of the clan had come about and perhaps that had soured him even more thoroughly on the Mikatakujira. Because of their relatively close ages and Ruto coming to the village later in his life, they had been in a similar peer group. As he had grown, he had been a troublesome one. Mischievous. Ruto had been trouble as a child, too, naturally, but he had at least had the sense to be subtle about it. 

When he took over, he had been consumed by a cruelty and bloodlust, the Jiongu encouraging a grave darkness in him. A darkness that had been regarded as acceptable and normal because he was the clan head, a true Mikatakujira. A kind of cruelty or violence that Ruto would have been thoroughly judged and hated for because of his own position in the clan. Hakurai had not deserved that power. Ruto felt a great jealousy and bitterness towards him. 

"The current leader of the clan is certainly an idiot," he said. "I hope you can find a way to take over from him. The clan would benefit. Almost anyone would make a better leader than him. ...Of course, he's not actually that bad at strategic matters," he sighed. "You would have to be careful. Even if I dislike him, I cannot argue that he isn't a decent strategician and that attempting an overthrow could be quite dangerous to you." 

It would be great for Ruto to see Hakurai dead, but with his strength and the fact he also held the Jiongu, he would pose a legitimate threat to Kunikunosaku. 

"I am proud of you for your achievements. You've done a great lot in a very short amount of time. You're an amazing shinobi, it would seem." Better than he had ever truly been, at least.  
has written 141 posts
War of ChangeJan 16, 2022 20:15:40 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Kunikunosaku nodded along with him as Ruto described Hakurai, analyzing all the gained details. She wholesomely agreed the clan would do much better with him out of the picture, she despised every thread that made up his body. The Mikatakujira looked at Ruto, unaware her grin had faded back down into her usual nonchalant demeanor. Despite being the Apprentice, she volunteered to be it after many candidates were found as not suited to be Tetsuya's replacement. Being sheltered she didn't know the gravity of it and when it came to it, she was cast in. She only harbored anger to him, if there was a will, there was a way. According to the records she could see, and from their interactions, he was an opportunist, but he still didn't have to fight a user more superior than him. She was volatile and aggressive like Hakurai, the only difference was their rank and skill level. Yet Kuni still took her out with her knowledge of Jiongu. She was considered by the older members as a second Yosaiyama. Regardless of whether it was derogative or not, it gave her a faint idea of her EGF control. The Mikatakujira wasn't as worried as other people when it comes to overthrowing him, Kuni just needed to have more hearts than him.

Her demeanor lifted from her usual state to the expression she had earlier. She enjoyed being complimented, it never came as often enough as she wanted it to be. "Thank you, Nii-Nii, thank you very much." The Kunoichi stated as she subconsciously made a small bow of respect. "I did want to be the best Mikatakujira, and I plan on keeping and even surpassing that beyond that if I want to bring about change under an iron will, I have to steel my convictions. With you back, I feel even more confident in my abilities!" The girl stated as she closed her eyes and smiled. Kuni took a few seconds before realizing, "I never asked... mainly cause I didn't want to impose. I read reports and records when I could, some of the village crocodiles are more loyal to me than everyone else so they told me what I couldn't see... Why... Why are you so interested in Jiongu anyway?"

Kuni did realize it was a rather touchy subject for some Mikatakujiras, she was curious though, who would want this curse?

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

Medical Knowledge:

Being from Takigakure's prestigious clan medical clan, Kunikunosaku is also set to learn the human anatomy, biology, and Kinesthetics, While this knowledge DOES NOT give her access to Medical Ninjutsu Techniques, however, the knowledge does unlock abilities of precision to the human body with every attack. This knowledge grants field combat medic aid but nowhere near the degree of those actually trained in it.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
War of ChangeJan 16, 2022 21:17:42 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
Becoming the best Mikatakujira. It wasn't going to be a hard contest, that was a very achievable goal to meet and surpass for her. Not only was her true competition limited based upon who could actually access the clan's most important techniques, but that left her with only Hakurai as her true competition. He had little claim to the spot of best Mikatakujira. In fact, Kunikunosaku had probably already claimed the spot if anyone would be given such an opportunity. 

Of course, that led to the topic of the Jiongu. She asked him why it was that he had been so fixated, so interested. It was a difficult thing to explain, really. A compulsion that he had explained thoroughly in many meetings and appeals, but still found difficult to articulate in a personal manner rather than a professional one. 

"It is probably the most unique lifeform on earth. I am a scientist and am interested in studying the realms of biology and that which I don't understand. I want to understand the nature of the world and the creatures that live within it and Jiongu represents the outer boundaries of that. It isn't something that was in my usual area of study, pathology, but it could have had applications on curative medicine," he said. But all of that was really just the board meeting stuff, the stuff he presented to try to convince people. It was true and real, but also not the whole story, was it? 

"I told you a bit about my life before I came to the village, didn't I? I was a prisoner of war. I saw some troubling things. A lot of death. The ability to surpass it and not have to fear it has always compelled me since then."
has written 141 posts
War of ChangeJan 17, 2022 0:00:33 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

The way he worded it, she was in agreement about it being unique. In fact, in her opinion, lifeform was a pretty generous terminology to this apparent parasite. Kunikunosaku sighed upon hearing his explanation. "I'll share what I know." Kunikunosaku stated under her breath, she kept attention to what Ruto had to say. "I think, memory's not perfect." The girl quickly stated to allow Ruto to finish. Upon his words, she slowly nodded her head as the haze cleared her head. "Now I remember, thank you Ruto." The Mikatakujira stated to her male counterpart.

"Okay, I can share my studies on it, unlike others, I'm rather open on personal findings. Jiongu is a lifeform that isn't really natural. What I mean, I don't think it's from here. I haven't been able to see it under a microscope but due to how necrosis is a pretty common natural poison, I get bitten a lot patrolling Bonchi. A lot. And I see no cellular decomposition. I'm not sure how wild this is, but I think something or someone put Jiongu here. It is a root, alive and sentient like carnivorous plants. But as soon as you attach a heart, they leave those earthen homes and attach to the heart. However, they don't kill it, I found at this point, it is a symbiont of the mutualistic kind, it cannot survive if it's not connected to a heart. But it can survive if it is rooted to the ground. My first crazy theory is that it is connected to the earth's heart, that superheated, metallic core. It isn't synthetic, as far as I know, if we truly discovered it in the Great Tree. I cannot extract any DNA so I cannot find any genealogy background. As for chakra, this is both reactive and conductive, the reactive comes in the form of the host's heart, the conductive comes from an amalgamation of multiple, kinda like me. This unique lifeform is, in my deduction, not a lifeform. I'm really thinking, genuinely think, these are like the fabled Tailed Beasts. But my question lies where it came from."

Kuni finished her long-winded explanation with a click of her tongue to her cheek. "At this point, I truly think somehow I may be the only one to figure it out, if it is chakra-based, I'm specialized in Ninjutsu. Only Ninjutsu. But I need you and I need Etsuko to fully deduce this and see if this sentient-anomaly matches with my deduction. I cannot figure this on my own, I need everyone, and that includes you."

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
War of ChangeJan 17, 2022 2:57:23 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
Kunikunosaku agreed to go into detail about Jiongu for him, something no one had ever done before. It was a carefully guarded secret. All he had ever wanted was to study it. Not even necessarily integrate it into himself, just get close enough to see it, to put it up under the microscope like no one had had the opportunity to. That desperation for knowledge. It was being indulged now and he couldn't help but lean in a little, listen eagerly. 

She went into an in-depth theory on concepts around the Jiongu. What it was, how it worked, where it may have come from. It was all very fascinating. He wished he had brought a notepad to take notes on the subject down. He could always ask her more about it later. Now that he was back, maybe he could look into it. It wasn't the most fascinating thing to him anymore because he had had to release that compulsion, but maybe he could make something of it. 

"I think what you've described is an interesting perspective. But I would counter to state that a being made of chakra is not necessarily less alive or less of a lifeform. It may be a slightly altered state of being, but chakra is natural. That is why we and all creatures have it. Something being a chakra construct doesn't necessarily mean it's not a lifeform. There are trees that are grown almost entirely on being fed chakra and they take on special properties. It is very likely that Jiongu is a symbiotic creature that feeds on chakra and converts it into other effects," he offered. 

"The earth contains a natural chakra, so it makes sense that it would be able to survive rooted there, feeding on the chakra core of nature itself. But detached from chakra sources, it cannot survive, the same as anyone would die if their own chakra cores were destroyed. A chakra-dependent creature who cannot create their own. I'd be able to learn more if I could study it..."
has written 141 posts
War of ChangeJan 19, 2022 18:26:57 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Kunikunosaku hated breaking down to what Jiongu is, it starts to teter off of medical/biological anatomy into a mystical grew area where fact and fiction meet. Where lines blur between legends and reality. While Kunikunosaku was well versed in these mystical arts, she knew that living examples such as Etsuko would lead her to a conclusion she is right, likewise, she needed Ruto to help prove where she was wrong. It was her curse and she wanted answers, what better way to find them than opening every possible avenue. At least, that was her train of thought.

"Once you get back into the village, I'll be more than happy to assist you in your bacterial research if you aid me in this... Jiongu research." Kunikunosaku stated as she looked at Ruto's eyes, a small smile across her lips. She was holding optimism that things will work out in the end, she cupped her hands over her chest as she continued to sit before slowly rising to her feet. "Ruto, I don't have anything else to talk about, I'm worried if we do it might be even harder if we have to say it... for the first and last time..." No matter how she tried to hide it, she couldn't guarantee the good. The village, the clan, the world as she knew it, it was all going to change. Her life, Ruto's, Ryū's.

She started to understand her lord's words of meddling with powers beyond her comprehension. But to her, Kuni was a power beyond comprehension. It was fair game, the chains were weakening each day and the power Yosaiyama had was quickly paling against her own. "If you have more you wish to talk about, I'll be happy to oblige and answer... but if not, I'm ready to escort you to your current home." While small, Kuni still reached out her hand to Ruto if he decided that today's meeting proved adequate for him.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
War of ChangeJan 19, 2022 21:11:24 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
She wanted to recruit him to Jiongu research. It was an impossible idea. It felt like one, at least, but she had said it. Would the others allow it? They could do it secretly if the other members of the clan would resist. A private area of study that no one else had to have dominion over. He had been away from the village for a long time. Never before would he have thought anything like this. He was decent at mostly following the rules, only barely overstepping, until he cracked under the pressure of feigning normalcy. Now his mind ever raced with ways to push the boundaries. 

He nodded eagerly at the offer, almost too tongue-tied with a scientific excitement to reply. He was letting himself get too invested in an idea that might not come to pass. He needed to reel it in. 

"I would happily help you with this area of research as well," he agreed. Maybe the two areas of study could even find some common ground together. If he could look at the cellular structure of the Jiongu and find a way to manipulate colonies to mimic it... That was a very, very, very unlikely idea. He would have to shelve it. There was much else to consider before that was even an option. Years of research down the line. 

Which meant facing reality instead of theory first. There was still the potential doom of the future to get through. Even Kunikunosaku's optimism couldn't deny that much. 

"I think I've run myself dry on topics," he admitted. Anything else he might have to say would not be productive. He could perhaps feign comforting, but it was his own possible execution they were discussing and he did not feel like playing that role at the moment. 

He took her hand carefully, ready to return home and begin rehearsing his case. 
has written 141 posts

quick reply

compose a reply