compose a reply
Jou's New Bestfriend (Enyo)May 9, 2022 3:30:20 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
"My blood runs thicker than yours."
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 13, 1009 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1
blood as black as the ocean
"Well that doesn't explain much, so it's a plant? Most herbs are plants." In fact, he was almost certain that herbs were in fact just some sort of plant. Sometimes used for cooking, other times for medicinal purposes. And other times for other things, but in this case they were talking about a cooking plant and Jou did not even explain what it tasted like!

"What does it taste like, if it's so delicious?" He insisted just as the other boy mentioned he needed pots and pans.

"A whole new set?" That sounded astronomically expensive and kind of stupid to purchase. Enyo thought back on it, he had gone in the dormitories for the participants to see his teammate and wish her - begrudgingly - well. She had been doing well in the exams it seemed though so perhaps his well wishes really did work!

"I could have sworn I saw pots and pans in the dormitories. Are you not staying there?" Maybe he was richer than Enyo had originally assumed and was staying in a tavern or hotel. But that wouldn't make any sense, were they even allowed to do that? Probably not, security was crazy around here from what Enyo had seen.

aeron at thq
Han has written 333 posts
Jou's New Bestfriend (Enyo)May 11, 2022 12:19:26 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday June 12 rank Adv. Genin occupation
Jou didn't seem exactly bothered by Enyo's comment this time around...mostly because of it being food-related if one were to guess. He assumed that somebody Enyo's age would not really need a further explanation of this, but Jou should've known a little better considering how sharp this child's tongue was. "Oh, well it tastes lik-" But before he could finish, Enyo was quick to throw in another nosey question. "U-Uh...yes?" Jou didn't really see anything wrong with doing that, but from the boy's next comment he could see why Enyo seemed curious about this.

"Ah, I am staying there, yes." If Jou had his way he would've probably stayed somewhere that didn't require him to have any roommates, not being a huge fan of having to share a room with strangers, not because he thought he was above anyone...but mostly due to his own shyness. "The pots are actually for home. I just wanted to see if I could get something a little different, ya know?" Jou added. Jou had the money for it, so he'd might as well use it. Plus, picking the best set was just as important as gathering the right ingredients for a dish...at least in Jou's mind.

Once making it to a stand selling pots, Jou would make his request and then wait, but as he did, the young Himishi would instead be the one who asks Enyo something, the boy's earlier comments making him think. "I'm guessing you're a genin as well...or at the very least an Academy Student?" Jou didn't mean anything malicious by this...but maybe taking a little more initiative with this conversation would cause the kid to be...less of a pain.

[REDACTED] has written 254 posts
Jou's New Bestfriend (Enyo)May 19, 2022 9:10:38 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"Oh..." Enyo was a bit confused by the logic but decided not to further pry about buying heavy pans to travel home with later. After all from his knowledge of the world map - which was decent - Tsuchi no Kuni was probably the furthest away from all of the main shinobi countries from Mizu no Kuni, which made the idea of traveling that far with those pans and pots even more ridiculous. All of that land to cover. But, if the other wanted to struggle, who was he to stop him from investing in his country's economy?

"Genin, yes. Not yet qualified enough to be in the exams though... It's a real shame, I thought I'd put on quite the show if I was in them." He chuckled to himself, though his tone was always so light it was more like a giggle than anything else. He genuinely believed he would put on a better show than some of the genin in the exams currently. Oh, the opponents he could cut down and kill would be a real good showing. Of course, some would fully disagree with him but Enyo didn't really care what others thought. He had his own set of beliefs that he followed, ones that he was indoctrinated with by his family.

"Alas, I only graduated from the academy a few months ago~"

aeron at thq
Jou's New Bestfriend (Enyo)May 24, 2022 10:54:30 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Seems that Jou was correct on the boy's ranking and as he figured, Enyo wasn't quite ready to be a part of the Exams which made sense. With what he has experienced from him so far, there was no way that Jou would've been able to miss someone like him in the exams...even if he wanted to.

"Yeah, I wonder what your idea of a show would be." Jou said as he averted his eyes, a hint of sarcasm in his tone. He meant to mutter that, but it came out a little louder which Jou didn't seem to notice since he was also preoccupied with paying for the pans.

A part of Jou was honestly relieved that Enyo was not in the exams with him. Jou didn't exactly feel intimidated by the kid, but he wasn't fond of the idea of killing for fun. Jou understood fully that death was part of being a ninja...but if he felt it could be avoided without any dire consequences that it should be taken. Jou was no brute or someone with a bloodlust...but as for this child...Jou had a feeling that this is the path Enyo was heading towards. With this interaction along with the death he witnessed in that battle, Jou wondered if most ninja of this country were as ruthless....

With the purchase done, Jou had a bag containing about three pans along with his other bags. Both his arms were full at this point, but nothing to really worry about. "Well...I think that's that." Jou would say mostly to himself before taking a step in the direction of the dorms, but the moment he took that step, Jou paused, just now remembering Enyo. "Oh uh...I guess this is where we...part ways?" Enyo must've been bored at this point....at least that's what Jou hopes.

Jou's New Bestfriend (Enyo)May 26, 2022 5:23:08 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
It was not that he did not hear the sarcasm, it was that he was so used to it coming from his family talking in deliberately sideways mannerisms that he just did not acknowledge it. It surfed right over the top of his head without a desire for acknowledgment. It would only serve to make Jou look stupid if he did anyway, Enyo knew better, in this one moment. He knew better, for some reason.

The purchase was done, the other's hands were full and while Enyo would have pursued the mouse. He was actually getting bored. The kid wasn't that interesting. But, he did have a few parting words.

"Come visit, you like cooking yeah? I'll show you the best Kirigakure has to offer." Not what the peasants had to offer, but truly the best food in Kirigakure no Sato. It was a strange invitation from a stranger boy, who didn't really like to eat at all because he preferred to keep his figure thin. In fact, he preferred fashion and clothes above all else, but he would offer anyway. Perhaps show Jou the town too. If Jou could stand it.

And with that, not a bow or a wave Enyo turned and started to leave.

[exit]

aeron at thq
Jou's New Bestfriend (Enyo)May 30, 2022 10:10:54 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Despite the...unwanted companionship, Jou managed to get his shopping done for today. He had a look of contentment on his face as he eyed the bags he was holding. He quietly went over the list once more to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything, and once he confirmed that he didn't, Jou nodded lightly to himself with a small smile. The young Himishi was ready to head home...but he almost forgot about the boy that had been following him.

Fortunately, it seems that Enyo was starting to lose interest which in some other instances would've upset Jou a little if others saw him as not exciting or dull...but he could make an exception for someone like Enyo.

Jou didn't expect Enyo to tell him to come visit though...and especially claiming that he'll show him some of the village's cuisines. For a second, Jou looked a bit shocked, but then his mouth bent ever so slightly into a smile before nodding. "I'll take you up on that offer, Enyo." With that, Jou started to take his leave.

Jou didn't exactly have a great opinion of the kid...but that last moment there showed the white-haired teen that maybe Enyo is capable of actually being kinder.....or maybe it's just Jou trying his hardest to see the good in folks before anything else. Maybe a gentle nudge in the right direction will help the boy?

-Exit-

quick reply

compose a reply