Red Strings of FateApr 14, 2022 17:34:59 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 7/21 rank Chūnin occupation ANBU Operative
[googlefont="Fleur De Leah"]

Himishi Haruka

After walking all the way from the arena, all the way from the bunkers, Haruka closed the door to her room behind her. She needed to get out of there now. The Exams will be official in a handful of hours and the Himishi didn't want to be there when things would potentially become chaotic. She knew the ceasefire existed until the Exams were over, if that meant days end or literally right after was unknown to her but still, Haruka backed what belongings had to be taken out for use and any new trinkets she got. It didn't take long for her to pack her things in her duffle bag, it was easy and she packed fairly light to begin with. The Kunoichi just did not know when she was going to get an answer whether or not she was now a Chūnin, but she wanted to be anywhere but here.

It weighed heavy on her mind though. What were her relations to her village going to be like next; with her family; with Jou? Everything about this exam felt surreal and at the same time, so very much like a hallucinogenic nightmare. It was hard to put which memory was real and which was extravagant beyond belief. Nothing about this timeline felt correct and all the Himishi wanted to do right now was go home, decompress, dream away this nightmare and then figure out how the hell to move forward from there.

If only it was as easily done as said. Haruka took off to the market one last time, in hopes of one last meal in Kagamino no Shi before she goes back to Iwagakure cuisine.

SA(s) Utilized:
Tomekenzangan (Tōzasō) | All-Seeing Eye of the Present
Haruka achieved both the rare dōjutsu and the even rarer Tōzasō state of the eye. Being a direct evolution of Iwakusō, boons of both can be accessed by the Genin. With crystal clarity, the girl is capable of recalling information and memories down to a surreal level. As if she could live in it, it also grants her capabilities to look through memories and implant her own or even reconstruct the other's memory through the use of clan jutsu. It can also gives her great ability of her own intelligence locked behind the eye. From the Tōzasō aspect, Haruka attains a great level of perception both in tacking and reading any given situation, exponentially increasing strategic or investigating abilities. The strongest boon is the ability to track movement from both powerups granted by the past and present eye. Every minute detail is tracked at great speeds for Haruka.

Unnatural Intelligence
Even before the Tomekenzangan, the girl has always had an almost metahuman intelligence, able to decipher a large number of details in seconds and map out events with marks like a video into the event. The Genin is even capable of quick, logical thought, all while maintaining a long term-memory of the details. Boosted by the Dōjutsu's passive effects, the girl's ability to recall and process new information increases exponentially. Every cognitive ability is boosted allowing the girl to process and retain much information new or old. Haruka easily surpasses genius levels thanks to both the great boons of her blood and her eyes.

Weighted Training: Reflexive Combat:
After a routine set by Rentaro and further enforced by Haruka, the girl has developed a weaker but enhanced physical trait in two areas, the first being her reflexes to aid in the reactive abilities her Tomekenzangan cues. The second is more of a nimble body to evade larger actions with a nimble intricacy similar to that of a freshly minted acrobatic shinobi. As time progresses, she will have more of a boost, albeit half of that of a dedicated boon in either area.

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
04 | Body conditioning weights (1 per limb) {Continuous)
Necro has written 262 posts
Red Strings of FateApr 18, 2022 20:38:53 GMT -5
Nōhime Ren
Nōhime Ren Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday May 22nd rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Operations Team 3 Leader
header
"red strings of fate".
"I fight to save everyone, and I live thanks to everyone. That's who I am!"

GREETINGS
This rendition of the Chuunin Exams had finally come to an end, and with that, the many shinobi delegations that were gathered in the Land of Water began to make their preparations to depart. The people from the Hidden Rock Village were not in much of a hurry, they were allies with the Hidden Mist, which meant that even without the truce, they were in a safe environment. Still, Ren was ready to go back home, to his beloved mountains and rocky cliffs. The ocean had a certain appeal to it, but he found it more intimidating rather than soothing. The performance of the Genin of his village was good, and all who made to the final round managed to pass, including his estranged cousin. In a way, he felt a tad bit of satisfaction when Taki barely made it, with a score almost at the cutting line. "Okadas are not shinobi... Their way is not efficient, and it will never be..." was a thought he kept in his head.

Ren didn't waste much time packing his stuff, for he brought just the necessary, and with the small backpack ready, he headed towards the core of Kagamino no Shi, to make one last meal before heading back to his home. The food here wasn't half-bad, he had to admit. He was sporting his full shinobi glory, with the forehead protector in full display on his head. As he passed through the market, his grey orbs caught the sight of a familiar figure. It was one of the competing Genin, Himishi Haruka. Seen a familiar face as good, and since she had been approved in the exams, he felt the need to congratulate her, so he approached her in long strides.

"Haruka-san!" he exclaimed when he got closer, waving to her with his right hand covered in bandages. "Congratulations on your approval! You will make a great Chuunin, I'm sure." he added, cracking a friendly smile on his face and bowing ever so slightly. Ren was quite polite and knew proper manners, and even though he was technically Haruka's senpai, he would still address her with a respectful honorific.

"I want you to understand something. If you should lose, not only does your future end, but also the future of the one you are trying to protect. Defeat isn't an option for the sword that protects others. You should keep that thought engraved in your heart."

Day of Departure
Kagamino no Shi
[]
[363 words]
Ren has written 103 posts
Red Strings of FateApr 18, 2022 22:50:37 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

Once again, on the menu, was Tako Tempura... Fried Octopus dumplings... She grew quite fond of these treats since her arrival to Kagamino about a month ago. It seemed like she ate it every day, it was just delicious, it wasn't at all common, hell, it may not even be available in Iwagakure so she needed to get her fill while she can. Though, her appetite could not fill the empty feeling she had in her heart. She couldn't shake the feeling. She didn't want to hurt her cousin, to aim to win the fight; yet, he beckoned her to steel her resolve, herself as a Himishi and fight. Reliving the memory over and over again continuously brought a pain to her heart that she does not know how to fix.

Can she even fix it?

The Kunoichi looked for the food stand and was caught off guard by her name being called. It didn't sound like him in the slightest but it was an engraved instinctual reaction. "Jou?" The girl turned to face her greeter and she immediately grinned. "Oh! Ren-senpai! I didn't know you were here, pleasure to see you!" The Kunoichi was flustered, it was the first time someone not in her clan, circle, or missions that greeted her so casually. She heard a San honorific but she wasn't used to being so casual with someone higher rank than her, save for Rentaro, granted she read his memories and nothing about them said "rank respect".

After the sudden bow, the girl looked at the Nōhime who did the same while congratulating her on her new Chūnin status. I passed? Why am I not that surprised? Despite a confident thought, Haruka very much didn't take the time to see the results and just wanted to go home. Quick, think of something. A guy is talking to you! Haruka was unprepared for this, unprepared for this man, or rather, adolescent to congratulate her so positively, were people actually this nice? "I really hope I do a good job, I kinda never thought I'd get this far. I don't know if I can match up to all my peers... but I definitely will aim to do my best!" Shut up, you're repeating yourself. "Uhm, would you like some Octopus Dumplings, my treat, I was going to have this meal before I go back to you know, be a Kunoichi again." Nice save...

SA(s) Utilized:
Haruka achieved both the rare dōjutsu and the even rarer Tōzasō state of the eye. Being a direct evolution of Iwakusō, boons of both can be accessed by the Genin. With crystal clarity, the girl is capable of recalling information and memories down to a surreal level. As if she could live in it, it also grants her capabilities to look through memories and implant her own or even reconstruct the other's memory through the use of clan jutsu. It can also gives her great ability of her own intelligence locked behind the eye. From the Tōzasō aspect, Haruka attains a great level of perception both in tacking and reading any given situation, exponentially increasing strategic or investigating abilities. The strongest boon is the ability to track movement from both powerups granted by the past and present eye. Every minute detail is tracked at great speeds for Haruka.

Unnatural Intelligence
Even before the Tomekenzangan, the girl has always had an almost metahuman intelligence, able to decipher a large number of details in seconds and map out events with marks like a video into the event. The Genin is even capable of quick, logical thought, all while maintaining a long term-memory of the details. Boosted by the Dōjutsu's passive effects, the girl's ability to recall and process new information increases exponentially. Every cognitive ability is boosted allowing the girl to process and retain much information new or old. Haruka easily surpasses genius levels thanks to both the great boons of her blood and her eyes.

After a routine set by Rentaro and further enforced by Haruka, the girl has developed a weaker but enhanced physical trait in two areas, the first being her reflexes to aid in the reactive abilities her Tomekenzangan cues. The second is more of a nimble body to evade larger actions with a nimble intricacy similar to that of a freshly minted acrobatic shinobi. As time progresses, she will have more of a boost, albeit half of that of a dedicated boon in either area.

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
Red Strings of FateApr 21, 2022 8:36:49 GMT -5
Nōhime Ren
Nōhime Ren Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday May 22nd rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Operations Team 3 Leader
header
"red strings of fate".

Red as an Apple
Ren noticed when she initially thought that he might have been Jou and although he didn't react to that externally, internally he felt a hint of sadness. He witnessed that fight and knew how hard it was on both of them. Still, he could see how Haruka was likely suffering more in the greater scheme of things. She had an almost parental relationship to her cousin, she wanted to protect him from the world, but unfortunately the shinobi world is cruel, and people will fatally suffer, one way or another. Ultimately, he respected her choices in that fight, he would've done the same, but maybe mentioning it now would be inappropriate; the wound was still too fresh, and wounds of the heart are the hardest ones to heal and he knew that all too well. Instead, he focused on her greeting once she noticed who it was and her response made his smile widen.

"I have not an inch of doubt you will be great. I was watching you." and upon noticing what he had just said, his cheeks blushed violently and he gazed away immediately, scratching the back of his head. "Idiot! Don't you see how that may have sounded?!" he cursed himself in his mind. "I w-was watching everyone! Haha!" he stuttered a bit, but he was hoping he had dodged the embarrassing situation with that. Then, when she offered the Octopus Dumplings, he looked back at her, a little shy smile on his face, but he nodded. "I would like that very much. If... I'm not imposing, that is." he quickly added, still feeling the burning in his cheeks, but less so than before.

Truth be told, he thought the girl was rather good looking, and he liked the way she was quite a lot. That added to the fact he was not great with interpersonal relationships made this interaction a bit more awkward than he had hoped for, but ultimately he was happy they were going to share a meal. In the end, he truly wanted to make sure she was alright after all the fights; the Chuunin Exams were very taxing on its participants.

"I want you to understand something. If you should lose, not only does your future end, but also the future of the one you are trying to protect. Defeat isn't an option for the sword that protects others. You should keep that thought engraved in your heart."

Day of Departure
Kagamino no Shi
[]
[364 words]
Red Strings of FateApr 21, 2022 11:24:24 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

Well, I think I saved it. Haruka thought as she looked over the Nōhime in front of her. From what she could see, this situation was just as awkward for him as it was for the Kunoichi. Still, it didn't dissuade her from keeping to her thoughts. Admittedly, she felt flattered when he said he was watching her, only to have it taken away with his next words. Ugh, just like Rentaro. It was her only thought as he was now the second male to try and correct himself. His stuttering did clue her in that he was hiding something, as to what, it was easy to guess but it was also easy to mistake.

She offered to have him with her meal... invite him to have food with her... it was a bit forward of her but the Chūnin Exams, it definitely changed her, she still wasn't sure for better or worse, she just knew she didn't want to ever hurt Jou again. "Oh no, I wouldn't have invited you otherwise if it was a problem!" As curt as it may have sounded, she was genuine in the fact she was assured in the fact she wanted this.

"Go find us a table, I'll be right back with the food~" She was assured that her frequent customer and exam participant discount was still active so who better to get the food than her? If all went smoothly, she'd have two platters each of eight Tako Yaki, making her way to the chosen destination Ren had hopefully picked out.

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence

Enhanced Chakra Control
Years of being a shinobi has taught Haruka she has reserves smaller than that of an average shinobi despite numerous tries to force it to grow. In lieu of this, she has opted to learn to mitigate the natural excess waste to an exponentially smaller fraction. As years and shifts further increase as time goes on, Haruka has the control of have chakra equal to her peers in the same point, arguably, to an even greater extent.

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
Red Strings of FateApr 21, 2022 11:55:07 GMT -5
Nōhime Ren
Nōhime Ren Avatar
groupnull
header
"red strings of fate".

LITTLE SOMETHING

Haruka seemed to be sure of her invitation so he nodded, and then he turned to find them a table. "Got it. See you in a bit." he said. The place was not very full considering a lot of people were already leaving the capital of the Land of Water, especially those who belonged to enemy nations, as the truce would be over soon. Ren found a table near a nice garden, he wanted their meal to be in a pleasant area, and there was also a nice breeze coming through that area; not cold, just refreshing.

As he sit there and waited, he checked inside his haori, where he had a small, square-shaped, purple in colour with a white ribbon on top. It was nothing really, just a tiny little gift he thought could help lift her spirits. He knew both her fights were not easy, and with the final one being a forfeit before it even truly started, there was definitely room for some frustration. Still, he wasn't good with those things, so he didn't know if he should even give it to her. "Maybe she will think this is silly... Maybe I should just keep it for myself." he pondered as his grey eyes were so locked into the little package, he got completely distracted, not noticing when Haruka was approaching with the food.

His distraction made him fidget with the little box, moving his hand and examining it with a far more serious - almost concerned - expression on his face.

Day of Departure
Kagamino no Shi
[]
[269 words]
Red Strings of FateApr 21, 2022 13:35:58 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

Shit, I forgot drinks! Haruka hurried a little, still taking care not to drop the food. "I'll be right back again, didn't have enough arms." Haruka said with a warm tone and a soft smile as she hurriedly got two glasses of water. I really, really hope he doesn't want tea. Back to the table she went, the speed and grace of a practiced gymnast as she sat into her seat, looking at the placed food and water. She wasn't unobservant, she noticed that small purple box. Or, at least it looked purple. She only had a few seconds to see it presuming he put it away when she went back for drinks.

Everything about this drew a mystery to her, Haruka may not have socialized much, but she's seen others and usually, a box had a ring. Naturally, Haruka was both terrified and flattered, but, she honestly didn't know more than the basics of Ren. However, Haruka knew she could easily be overthinking things. The Himishi grabbed one of the glasses of water to wash her dry mouth. After a cautious swallow, the girl cleared her throat and took a cautious inhale/exhale. "Hey Ren-Senpai, I kinda noticed you had a small box... What... What is it for?" Haruka's heart skipped a beat as again, she tried to rationalize its purpose.

As much as she tried, however, the last thing someone gave to her or she has given anyone was a new notebook to Jou. And he... well that day in itself was a nightmare.

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence

Enhanced Chakra Control
Years of being a shinobi has taught Haruka she has reserves smaller than that of an average shinobi despite numerous tries to force it to grow. In lieu of this, she has opted to learn to mitigate the natural excess waste to an exponentially smaller fraction. As years and shifts further increase as time goes on, Haruka has the control of have chakra equal to her peers in the same point, arguably, to an even greater extent.

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
Red Strings of FateApr 22, 2022 8:30:28 GMT -5
Nōhime Ren
Nōhime Ren Avatar
groupnull
header
"red strings of fate".

BUSTED

Haruka approached the table with the food and he didn't notice until she was already there, saying she would be back in a bit for she didn't have enough hands. Ren blushed again and quickly hid away the little box inside his haori and just nodded, a little speechless from his own embarrassment to even offer to help out. "Idiot!" he thought to himself, face palming as she walked away. Soon after leaving, she was already back with two glasses of water and he smiled at the girl. "Thank you so much, Haruka-san!" he said with a kind smile on his face, his cheeks still showing a tint of red. He grabbed the glass of water and drank it up a bit, until her question made him choke.

He had to fight his own reflexes not to spill the water out and instead swallowed it in a loud gulp, followed by some coughing, which he covered with his elbow. "I'm busted... Well... There's no way out. I've got to come clean..." he thought to himself, feeling quite nervous. His grey eyes hesitantly looked back at Haruka's and he grabbed the small box from his haori once again and placed it on the table, near the girl.

"I don't mean to sound pretentious or anything... But I know how hard those exams are and all, so I got you a little silly thing to try and lift your spirits. Don't... Er... It's nothing crazy, just a little thing, so I apologise if it's not to your liking..." during all the time he was speaking, he couldn't really look into her eyes, and he kept on gazing away from one side to the other, while his other hand's fingers were hammering on his thigh. "I... I don't want to sound like a creep but... Like... Y-you are interesting, and I p-pay attention..." he stuttered a bit to admit to those things, but he hoped she didn't take it the wrong way.

Day of Departure
Kagamino no Shi
[]
[344 words]
Red Strings of FateApr 22, 2022 22:10:31 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

It brought a smile to the Kunoichi, she didn't expect him to thank her in all honesty, she just did what she said she'd do. Nothing more, nothing less. She continued taking a drink of water and steadying herself for the possible answer that may come before she asked a question, something that seemed to have an interesting effect on the Nōhime. He was so very composed that his reaction made it extremely hard to keep a straight face, she had to cover her own mouth to keep herself from laughing. He managed to save himself though, well, save his water. By taking the loudest, probably hardest gulp she has heard anyone make. Even then, he needed a little time before he reached into his haori and took out the aforementioned box.

With curious eyes, she looked at it, trying to understand its contents. That told her little but her ears, what Ren was saying, it told her all she needed to hear. She covered her mouth again when Ren admitted he got her something due to the frustrations and stress that came in the Chūnin Exams, something to lift her spirits. She slowly brought both hands in front of her face and waited as he had more to say, albeit the words came out like a stuttering mess.

The girl smiled with a faint blush, No way... is this what I think it is? I've only read about it. She placed both a hand and the box and the other on his own. "Ren... thank you. You have no idea how much I needed this." Haruka said as she wiped at her eyes to keep herself from tearing up, her red-hued eyes focused on Ren's greys. "I won't lie, I only know what I've heard about you..." The girl stopped paying attention to the box to focus on the adolescent before her. "But... if you let me, Ren-san... I want to get to know the real you..." It was both a request and a statement but it made her heart flutter regardless.

"Before we get to that, I want to know what you find interesting in me, if you don't mind telling me."

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence

Enhanced Chakra Control

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
Red Strings of FateApr 27, 2022 13:02:21 GMT -5
Nōhime Ren
Nōhime Ren Avatar
groupnull
header
"red strings of fate".

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU

Luckily for Ren, Haruka was smiling, so he felt a bit more relieved at not looking like a creep or weirding her out, she even laughed a bit, covering her mouth. Her curiosity towards the small gift was something that he appreciated, even if he couldn't even admit that to himself. As he offered the gift, one of her hands reached out for the box, while the other one touched his hand, which was enough to keep his cheeks at their intense shade of red. She thanked him, and even mentioned that he had no idea how much she needed that, but that was not actually entirely true; he knew how hard her two fights were, for different reasons, and the fact that she could not prove herself in the last one must have left a bitter taste in her mouth.

She teared up, but she didn't look exactly sad, and after saying those words, she admitted she didn't know much about him, to which he chuckled nervously. "I guess I don't do much other than work..." and that was the reality of his life; he was always taking on missions, training, and filing his reports. He was very dedicated to his career as a shinobi and to his Hidden Village, so it came as no surprise that she didn't know much about him; he had no social life. When she did say she wanted to know the real Ren, his smile widened and he nodded a few times. "I... uh... I would like it very much." he responded.

Then, Haruka put him on the spot. Still, it was not like he could get any more embarrassed. Ren brought his free hand to his mouth and cleared his throat. "Well... I find you loyal to the ones you love, and headstrong. You are serious about your duties, and I find that something admirable. You stand out... At least to me." he explained, trying not to look to shy or gaze away from her.

Day of Departure
Kagamino no Shi
[]
[352 words]
Red Strings of FateApr 29, 2022 0:56:04 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

As gently as she could, she carefully thought and chose her words, she really wanted the path of communication as clear as possible. She wasn't sure what he could see or hear but her first fight of round three practically nullified the accomplishments of the first and second round. That fight broke her and showed, really showed her strongest weak spot. It tore at her to eventually comply with her kin's request but doing so left her in a pain she wasn't sure she could heal from. It left her in a horrible state, leaving a wound where the second fight literally rubbed salt in.

She could have perhaps found some semblance of closure. But, clearly, she did not whereas it looked like Jou had as well as finding confidence. It made her proud to watch him grow, but it pained her that she was the one who made him change, and not in a good way. So, to her knowledge, he couldn't know. In a quick response to her not knowing him much, he admitted to being a workaholic, something the Himishi didn't really care too much on. This was their life and each day, their life was on the line, she'd be concerned if he wasn't so serious.

The Kunoichi's request to get to know the 'real' Ren was happily granted. The smile that greeted her warmed the girl's heart and it prompted her to inquire why he was interested in her. It was like he read her initial thoughts and listed her being loyal to the ones she loved. Her strong self-willed demeanor and how she takes things just as seriously brought a flustered smile to her, she didn't try hiding it, there wasn't a need to hide being told that brought happiness to her.

"Those are definitely the first I heard those, most just talk about my intelligence." Haruka made a small chuckle as she lifted her hand over the box onto her adjacent forearm. "What... what did you get me?"

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence

Enhanced Chakra Control

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
04 | Body conditioning weights (1 per limb) (Continuous)
Red Strings of FateApr 29, 2022 10:25:46 GMT -5
Nōhime Ren
Nōhime Ren Avatar
groupnull
header
"red strings of fate".

DARUMA

He chuckled lightly and widened his smile when she said it was the first time she heard such compliments, and mentioned that most people focus on her intelligence. "Indeed you are quite clever, but I assumed most people just focus on that and don't try to look beneath the surface... I would love to pick your brain, I feel I could learn a lot with you, however... I feel there's so much more to you than just that." he added, a bit flustered, but he was trying to be more open. Now that it had been said, she shifted her focus to the small gift box he gave her, asking what he had given her and he nodded and cleared his throath.

"It's uh... A Daruma doll." he said, waiting for the girl to finally open it and see it for herself. If she did so, she would find a fist-sized doll with both eyes fully white.

"So... This is just a little token, my way to wish you good luck with this talisman. Also..." he paused briefly to grab a small brush from his haori with a little container of black ink and placed it on the table near Haruka. "The special thing about the Daruma doll is it's ability to grant a wish. It's nothing too crazy or magical, listen... You should think hard and make a wish from the bottom of your heart, and once that is done, paint one of its eyes with the brush. It will look like the Daruma doll is winking at you." and when he said that he chuckled lightly, as it could've sounded a bit silly. "But the truth of the matter is... The Daruma doesn't grant your wish by itself. You paint that eye as a reminder, as if it's watching over you and reminding you that you are the one who have to work hard for your dream. Every time you feel down, he is there to remind you of that promise and give you strength. And once your dream finally comes true, you paint the other eye in gratitude." he explained, wondering how she would react to such an odd gift.

Hopefully she would like it.

Day of Departure
Kagamino no Shi
[]
[383 words]
Red Strings of FateMay 3, 2022 19:46:56 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

He agreed with her in the fact that her intelligence was indeed noteworthy and he pointed out not many looked deeper than that. Haruka nodded in agreement but said no more than what she already was. He was greatly flustered stating that he would love to pick her brain and learn from her, but he felt that there was so much more to her. Haruka looked down as she smiled. Alright, he's playing his cards right. Haruka thought as she felt closer to Ren, more invested in the conversation but it didn't pass her that he still needed to address the box

Once he cleared his throat and attained Haruka's attention, she expected an answer; something he gave, making Haruka make a cant of her head. She took her hand to the box and opened it, What is this? Despite her intelligence she simply knows what she doesn't know, and this was one of those things. It looked so fragile, but honestly, it looked cute, albeit silly as it appeared, she waited for the full explanation as this was the first she even heard of such a doll. The Daruma was his way of saying he wished her luck. Which was nice and enough sentiment to accept, happily accept. Yet, he confused her once again once he took out a brush and some ink.

He explained the inner mechanics of how this doll worked and the girl thought deeply about what she was hearing until she couldn't focus on him. Jou... please... I'm sorry... I just want you back. The girl took the brush and dabbed the ink, gently painting one of the eyes as Ren instructed. Her heart felt heavy but she had an inkling of hope once again. Just one more chance, such a tragic past could be mended. She placed the Daruma at the center of the table, making sure it wouldn't fall over as she rose to her feet.

Haruka went to hug the Nōhime and if he allowed her, she'd whisper with a slice of pain, happiness, and sadness. "Really Ren, I really need something like this. Thank you so much!" She just stood there, keeping as much of herself as controlled as possible, a feat so small was so hard, she was silently shaking in pain.

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence

Enhanced Chakra Control

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
Red Strings of FateMay 4, 2022 8:55:08 GMT -5
Nōhime Ren
Nōhime Ren Avatar
groupnull
header
"red strings of fate".

WITH THE HEART

Haruka was really paying attention to his explanation. It was not unusual people weren't aware of the Daruma, for it hasn't as popular nowadays as it was before. But Ren had a special attachment to it, for it was one of the first gifts he received from his father that he can remember, and it meant the world to him. Of course Haruka wouldn't know that by now, but for him to replicate such a tender and caring gesture meant a lot.

Once the explanation was done, she focused on something. "Her wish, I hope it can come to fruition." he prayed to himself as the girl painted one of the eyes of the Daruma doll, and once she was done, she suddenly got up and he wondered why she did so, for she hadn't said a word. Haruka approached him and he got up in response and was surprised by the hug. He didn't react for the first couple seconds or so, but then he embraced her as well. His heart skipped a beat and then immediately started racing, he was a bit nervous for he was not used to this time of personal touch, but he was also happy she could find some comfort in his arms.

Her words made him feel some warmth and he held her a bit tighter. "I'm here, Haruka. I'm glad it was something you needed. It was something I needed to when I was gifted one from my father." he revealed, sharing a bit of one of his most precious memories.

Day of Departure
Kagamino no Shi
[]
[276 words]
Red Strings of FateMay 5, 2022 17:17:15 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

It was a pain, it physically hurt Haruka to conjure her wish but despite that mental anguish, the girl was able to will herself to paint one of the Daruma's eyes. In a quick, silent motion, Haruka moved towards Ren who in turn stood up. Arms reaching out and closing around the male, Haruka tried her hardest to keep herself strong and keep him in her embrace. Soon, she found herself in his and thanks was given. Gratitude for the kindest thing anyone has done for her since her time at the exam. Only bested by Kashiwa's "sacrifice". Still, comparing the two was like comparing apples to oranges, they were just too different. These exams went to show her not everything met the eye.

Her time as a Kunoichi up to now was one out of privilege, forged by spite, washed away by pain. She was in a sense, a new canvas, washed like time never touched her till now. It was something she wished wasn't like that but at the same time, she doubted heavily she'd even be here. She let out a sigh as she finally let go of Ren, trying to back away. "We, uh... should probably enjoy this lunch before we go back home and before they get cold." Haruka stated before descending back into her seat and starting to eat the Octopus Dumplings.

Eight pieces were not a lot but the textures and how chewy Octopus was, well the dumplings were definitely not a quick snack. As she was eating, occasionally she'd look up to Ren and smile before continuing to eat, keeping hydrated by her drinks spaced between each dumpling. "What would you like to know about me? Only fair I share first, right?" She asked, leaving herself open to his words.

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence

Enhanced Chakra Control

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:

quick reply

compose a reply