Gutter Ball

compose a reply
Gutter BallJul 14, 2022 8:59:31 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"gutter ball".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

HOW ABOUT A TREAT?

Miroru was hit with the ball and was sent straight to the ground in quite the dramatic fashion. Shigure chuckled as he shook his head, folding his arms in front of his chest. "Come on, you are tougher than that! It was just a ball to the face, no big deal. I've been at the receiving end of blows that nearly took my life more than once." he said, keeping his tone as light-hearted as possible, but hopefully giving the girl a bit of a reality check of what would be waiting for her once she became a Genin. The Shinobi world was not for the faint-hearted, that's for sure.

Still, she calmed down and then analyzed the situation. He laughed a bit when she mentioned his 'super human' abilities and he shook his head again. "That's just movement speed. And I got that by training until my legs felt like they were about to break. There are many shinobi out there faster than me, I'm just a Chuunin after all. But hey, you did really good in this training, I think we can call it a day for now, but keep on practicing. Now..." he paused, widening his smile. "How about I treat you some Ramen at Ichiraku, uh?" he offered.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Training
--
[]
[212 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Gutter BallJul 14, 2022 23:46:12 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Academy Student Extraordinaire!
| 236 | notes

"Maybe you have! But I'm not a super shinobi! I'm a poor innocent child, not even graduated from yonder academy! A victim of circumstance! NO! Of PREMEDITATED BOOLI-ING, I SAY!" The way she said "bully" made it very clear she didn't mean it seriously, overpronouncing it to keep it absurd as she sat up and shook her head to free some detritus from her hair!

"... have you really, though? Been in danger of dying from a hit you took? What happened? How'd you make it out alive? What's your secret, sensei?" She asked as she clambered to her feet, unconcerned and back to her natural inquisitive self immediately.

"JUST movement speed? What other kinda speeds you got tucked away? Fist speed? Talkin' speed?! Do you throw superfast kunai?!?" She gawked at the idea of people even faster, scoffing. "What would faster than that even look like? Would you just take a walk down the road to KONOHAGAKURE for a thirty minute job or something?!"

Predictably, she lit up, beaming in delight at being praised- and the offer of ramen had her literally bouncing in place out of sheer delight! "RAMEN! Heck yes! I'm gonna get the shoyu broth! And-and fish cakes! EXTRA fish cakes! I'll give you my chashu, it's always all slimy..."

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
Gutter BallJul 17, 2022 9:02:09 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"gutter ball".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

LUCK

Shigure just laughed at Miroru's words and shook his head. Then, the subject became more serious and when she asked it he had been in danger of dying he nodded. "I was lucky, that was all. My opponent spared me once, the other time I managed to convince my opponent to stop the senseless fight, and the other time I was knocked out but so was my opponent. Luck, as untangible as it is, plays a great factor." he explained, raising his index finger to make a point after the short pause. "But the harder we train, the less we need to rely on lady luck!" he added with a sagely nod.

Then, as they started walking away from the training field, she asked what other kinds of speed he had and he smiled at the girl. "I have fast reflexes, and pretty good agility. And when I'm using my fighting style, I grew so used to that that I can attack faster." he explained, making a brief, vague summary of his abilities. "And no, I can't throw a kunai specially faster. To be honest, I'm not that skilled with bukijutsu." he admitted, shrugging; one couldn't be good at everything. Miroru seemed really interested in what a faster shinobi would look like and he laughed a bit. "Who knows! Maybe they are too fast for us to see!" After inviting her for Ramen, the two of them headed of to Ichiraku, with Shigure agreeing with all the extra things she wanted. He was happy he could provide those moments for his students. He cared deeply about them.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Training
end post
[]
[266 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts