compose a reply
Small World (An) [Training]Sept 13, 2022 16:09:07 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 6/13 rank Genin occupation Team 1 Member
I AM A QUIVERING THING LOOKING UP AT A DARK AND CLOUDY SKY

I AM FREE. I AM CHAINED. I AM A DOCTOR. I AM A CHILD.
While his past couple of times and encounters here at the Kirigakure academy were more fate than deliberate, today Asahi found himself standing in the academy training ground for a specific reason. He had been exploring the interior of the academy, when he had found a note on a bulletin board inside. It was seeking shinobi from Kirigakure who had the desire to train some of the academy students in their time away from class. Asahi was one of the shinobi who signed up, with a specific request to add, a particular student he wanted to train.

It would be nice to say that he was doing this out of the goodness of his heart, and a desire to train the youth of the village, but this wasn't the case. Maybe partially, but Asahi's decision to sign up was also partially selfish. There was a name he had seen on the list of students looking to train outside of class, that stood out to him. Gurē An. That clan name... Asahi was interested in seeing what this, girl he presumed from the name, was like.

He had been assigned a time and presumed, the student would be given some information on him and where and when to meet. The green haired genin sat in the middle of the field and light mist of the morning. His golden tank top and golden knee length draw string shorts matched his golden eyes, as they scanned for a potential student that was looking for a teach.

It was pretty quiet and students were sparse on the grounds at the moment so any student approaching him would probably be her. His backpack rested against his sitting body, as he took in the morning air around him.

Once he caught sight of who Gurē An could be, Asahi would wave her over. He made the mistake of waving at a couple of students who, from their confused looks, were not looking for him, but eventually, he got it right.
oOC/NOTES
319 words
Tag: 
pyxis
Milu has written 379 posts
Small World (An) [Training]Sept 16, 2022 2:49:03 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 10 years old birthday June 23, 1013 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2 Member

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

The night was brief. The next morning arrived, and the young girl was still not fully recharged from the previous day's intense lessons at the Academy. An had a difficult time waking up. She did hear the alarm, and she did open her eyes, but that was all there was to it. She lay in her warm futon blankets until one of the helpers arrived and yanked her from the comfort of her own bed. This was a common occurrence in this family.

While getting ready and going through her morning routine, An remembered she had an appointment with a genin who was willing to assist her with some training. Her blue eyes darted to the wall clock, concerned that she would be late; however, her concerns were unfounded. She had plenty of time left. Phew, I am not late. Her pace slowed slightly as she saw the amount of time she still had. Being raised in a traditional family made being late unbearably painful for her. Typically, she would feel guilty and disappointed in herself.

She was out the door after a healthy and light breakfast, waving goodbye to those who were there to see her off. Kirigakure in the morning was always a pleasant sight, with people starting their days, a light mist surrounding everything, and silence of some sort.

She arrived at the training grounds in no time. She quickly identified the green-haired boy; it was an unusual color, and he was the only one waving at her. She moved in closer as she returned his wave. "Good morning, I hope I am not late," she said, smiling. "My name is Gurē An," they were unfamiliar with each other, so she was given the opportunity to introduce herself to the older male, even though she had learned some information about him prior to the appointment.

[attr="class","lyrics"]LET ME SEE WHAT SPRING IS LIKE ON JUPITER AND MARS
[attr="class","notes"]NOTES:Training For EXP [1/6]
WORD COUNT:308

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

[newclass=.lyrics]font:9px calibri;color:#aa88bb;text-align:center;margin-bottom:-10px;letter-spacing:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font:9px calibri;color:#4d4b4a;height:0px;text-align:center;overflow:hidden;-webkit-transition: all 1s ease; -moz-transition: all 1s ease; -o-transition: all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyrics:hover .notes]height:50px;-webkit-transition: all 1s ease; -moz-transition: all 1s ease; -o-transition: all 1s ease;[/newclass]
last edit by Gurē An on Oct 14, 2022 2:29:31 GMT -5
Yofie has written 346 posts
Small World (An) [Training]Sept 19, 2022 18:36:02 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull

The girl named Gurē An approached after a wave and she introduced herself with a smile. "Good morning, and don't worry, you're not," Asahi said with a glance to his watch before continuing. "You're actually early, more early than I'd probably be," the green haired boy said with a small laugh.

"Asahi Ōorigami, nice to meet you," he finished with a bow and a smile in return. As he rose from the bow, he took the moment to look the girl over.

She was about a foot and half shorter than he was, with big light blueish gray eyes that still carried the light of youth. She couldn't be older than 10, maybe 9? She was so young for the academy...wait, no. Asahi had to remind himself that the girl in front of him wasn't young by shinobi standards, he had just joined the academy old. Late, by the request of his parents back in Konoha...Konoha...

His smile faded slightly as his brain started to wander, but he shook his head in the way he was used to by now, to shake off the thoughts. Today, or at least this morning, was about the little girl in front of him.

"I was thinking we could just do some general combat training? Show me what you've learned so far and such. How's that sound to you?" Asahi asked. He didn't put on anything in his voice like some may do when addressing children. He talked to her with the tone he would have with a comrade his own age.

"And before we get physical, regardless of what we train, tell me what you think you're good at, and what you feel like you might need some work on. If I can help there, I could incorporate it into the training." Asahi added. As he listened to her response he did some warm up stretches like toe touches and side lunges.
oOC/NOTES
319 words
Tag: 
pyxis
Small World (An) [Training]Sept 21, 2022 14:22:18 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 10 years old birthday June 23, 1013 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 2 Member

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

Asahi Ōorigami noted. Asahi towered over An by a head or two. He was much more animated than she had anticipated while he sat. His voice was pleasant, and he seemed well mannered; not that anyone would try to appear rude on the first meeting, but that was the impression An had of him.

An recognized an expression she had seen before. A desire for something or someone. "That sounds good, Asahi-san," she replied, not knowing how to address him. In most cases, she would address people like Asahi as nii-san or nee-san, but she wasn't sure if that was a good idea. She placed her backpack and the training katana she had brought with her next to Asahi's backpack. Because she didn't know what they were going to do, she decided to grab it just as her foot was about to leave her house.

"I believe I am the best at ninjutsu and bukijutsu!" she exclaimed proudly. "Though I don't know much ninjutsu yet, teachers always praise me in class," her voice was mixed with self-praising, embarrassment, and a way to save face for not knowing as many ninjutsu skills as more experienced shinobi. "I've been practicing with katana since I was three," she said, bending her small fingers to form the number three, as was customary in her family, "though I'm nowhere near as good as my brother."

She mimicked what Asahi was doing while explaining, "and everything else... I am not so good at it." Basics taught at the academy were no problem for her in a controlled environment with a well-planned schedule and test requirements, but outside of that, she was just like any other kid her age. "Maybe some taijutsu?” it was always a good idea to be flexible and healthy as a shinobi.

[attr="class","notes"]NOTES:Training For EXP [2/6]
WORD COUNT:299

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

[newclass=.lyrics]font:9px calibri;color:#aa88bb;text-align:center;margin-bottom:-10px;letter-spacing:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font:9px calibri;color:#4d4b4a;height:0px;text-align:center;overflow:hidden;-webkit-transition: all 1s ease; -moz-transition: all 1s ease; -o-transition: all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyrics:hover .notes]height:50px;-webkit-transition: all 1s ease; -moz-transition: all 1s ease; -o-transition: all 1s ease;[/newclass]
last edit by Gurē An on Oct 14, 2022 2:30:04 GMT -5
Small World (An) [Training]Sept 26, 2022 19:39:08 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull

Asahi listened as An spoke proudly about her skills. Ninjutsu and bukijutsu. And practicing the katana since three? The boy's expression perked up in surprise at hearing that. She joined him in his stretches as she said simply, everything else, for the second part of his question.

He nodded, thinking, as his brain tossed around how to go about training with the young girl. She offered a suggestion and Asahi nodded in agreement.
"Yeah, some taijutsu sounds good. We can do some sparring," Asahi said. He stopped and stood from stretching with the a small smile of excitement on his face.

He undid his left and right hip pouches, dropping them in the already forming pile of bags they were making. After laying his mask and extra filters gently on top of his part of the pile, he was ready. "I won't hurt you too bad, but I'm not going to go easy on you either. So don't you hold back either. Go all out, and don't be afraid of hurting me. I can take it, and I'm a medic. Show me what you got," Asahi said as he walked away from her, creating distance of six feet before turning around. He still held that small smile, that now also showed a hint of mischief, like the smile of a fox.

"Let's begin,"
Asahi declared and gestured for her to come at him. In his head, he had already played out a couple of ways this may go, but who knew, maybe the young girl would surprise him despite her words on her own abilities.
oOC/NOTES
265 words
Tag: 
pyxis
Small World (An) [Training]Sept 29, 2022 13:54:16 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

An looked at Asahi as he removed some of his gear and took a few steps back to put some distance between them. She didn't have any special equipment like the boy across from her, and her clothes were simply her everyday kimono, which was designed for ease of movement. She took her stance, which was nothing out of the ordinary given An's lack of taijustu knowledge. It probably looked tacky and not particularly graceful, but it is what it is, and she must use the skills she possesses, even if they are not polished.

"Yes!" she replied loudly. Hm... She took a moment to observe and consider the best moves she could use against someone like Asahi before lunging straight at him. He was a few heads taller than her, which An saw as an advantage as she attempted to attack his lower body parts, specifically his legs. Her movements were not powerful or fast, but she was confident that with persistence, she would bring her opponent down. Maybe?

As she approached him, she lowered her body almost to a sitting position and extended one of her legs, aiming for his calves while balancing herself. Her next few attacks came one after the other, some hitting and some missing. She jumped back to get some space for her next attack and waited for his strikes.

[attr="class","notes"]NOTES: Training For EXP [3/6]
WORD COUNT:226

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

last edit by Gurē An on Oct 14, 2022 2:30:24 GMT -5
Small World (An) [Training]Oct 3, 2022 21:23:42 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull

With their introduction and brief preparation finished, the two set to begin the meat of the training. He watched An get into a stance that spoke to her current taijutsu ability. It wasn't bad, in Asahi's eyes at least, but it was clear that just like himself, taijutsu was not her best area of focus. She agreed on his announcement to begin, but didn't immediately rush in.

She took a moment to look him over. And although she wouldn't always be offered this in the heat of battle, Asahi respected this choice and wanted to encourage that type of thinking, so he stayed in his stance and waited for the moment to pass. Then, An rushed toward him.

She wasn't the fastest but she closed the distance, and once close, she didn't immediately strike. She dropped her weight into a sitting position and went for a sweeping kick at his calves. Asahi jumped over the sweep, and the girl followed up with a barrage of attacks, capitalizing on his landing from his short hop over the first. Punches and kicks came from the girl. Asahi blocked a punch toward his center with a forearm while taking a kick to the right side.

"Good," the green haired boy said as she connected. He turned to the side to avoid another kick at his legs and let a punch hit the side of his face. The girls strikes wern't very strong but still packed some sting on the hits he allowed. Allowing those hits were part of the training in Asahi's eyes. He wanted her to get a feel for the connection of his strikes with another shinobi's body.

After An's barrage, she jumped back to try and create some space. She wouldn't get much more than a moment before Asahi closed the distance by rushing at her himself. Her size presented a challenge of it's own for the taller boy.

Once close, he threw several jabs at her face, increasing the weight behind each as he threw each additional punch. His assumption was that she manage to block them, but that's why the punches were more to get her on the defensive. Then, he went to throw a kick at her right side, but that was a feint. A feint to set up for the real kick that came from the left side, aiming for her ribs.

oOC/NOTES
394 words
Tag: 
pyxis
Small World (An) [Training]Oct 7, 2022 12:20:29 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

An was successful in creating the necessary distance, but Asahi was much faster than her and quickly closed it. Punches rained down on An like a torrent, and all she could do was block them. As she prepared to block the kick coming from her right, a sharp pain shot through her entire body from her ribs. The kick was a feint, and the real thing connected on the left rib side, knocking her back a few meters.

A fake! "Nice one!" she clenched her teeth to deal with the sensation she was having. The agony didn't last long because being punched, kicked, thrown, and so on was an almost daily occurrence for any shinobi. She quickly gathered herself as she rose to her feet and rushed straight at Asahi, or so it appeared; however, just before reaching him, she changed her trajectory to grab the training katana she had brought with her.

This time she leaped into the air, closing the gap between them as she spun with her katana in her right hand, aiming at his left side. The training blade made contact, and while it did not feel as powerful as the punch she had received earlier, it was a satisfying sensation. Her body turned again, her hands on the ground alongside the katana as her legs extended up, ready to attack, attempting to kick Asahi in the chest before grabbing the katana from the ground as she bounced off into the air, landing a few feet away from the boy.

[attr="class","notes"]NOTES:Training For EXP [4/6]
WORD COUNT:254

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

last edit by Gurē An on Oct 14, 2022 2:30:44 GMT -5
Small World (An) [Training]Oct 12, 2022 12:49:48 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull

As Asahi started his offensive, An blocked most of the strikes aimed at her head. The punches and the way she blocked, set the feint kick up and the real kick connected and threw her away from him. She recovered quickly though, recovery that showed she was well on her way within her academy career. She got back up and rushed him again. Asahi stood his ground and smirked in return. However, instead of closing the distance entirely, her trajectory changed suddenly. He raised an eyebrow as he watched her grab the training katana she had brought with her, and with a leap toward him, closed the rest of the distance.

With a spin, mid jump, she swung the wooden sword at his body. The green haired boy crossed his arms in front of his face, to shield his head, and allow contact from the wood with his ribs. "Ooof," Asahi let out a breathe as the sting of the hit came and went. She turned again and threw a kick at his chest, her foot landing just below his crossed arms, and pushed off his chest to get airborne again and get away from him. He took a hop back himself.

Her attacks with the sword in her hand, seemed more natural to her, than the taijutsu she had thrown at him moments ago. "From your movements just now, you seem much more comfortable with that sword in your hands?" Asahi announced the observation while asking. "One or two strikes may take non-shinobi down, but in combat with another shinobi, it'll take more then that hit to the side, especially if a vital isn't struck. So, show me more of your swordplay." Asahi said, giving praise.

He stood his ground again, waiting for her to come.

If she did entertain his request, and come at him with the sword some more, he had a little surprise planned for her. He would let her strike at him so more first before executing the surprise he had planned. Some of the training sword strikes, he would dodge, and some he would let land. If they did engage in this dance, he would speak as he moved around, dodging and being hit. 
"Don't let up. With each strike of the blade, your opponent will get weaker and weaker from blood loss and wounding, and or fatigued from avoiding it." he encouraged.
oOC/NOTES
399 words
Tag: 
pyxis
Small World (An) [Training]Oct 14, 2022 2:27:07 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

"Yes, I really like to use the sword!" she exclaimed with a grin as she continued her swordplay. Her strikes occasionally made contact with her opponent. For a long time, she slashed, thrust, turned, jumped, and occasionally changed the hand that held the sword. The young kunoichi reasoned that since one never knew what would happen in a real battle, it was always a good idea to know how to use one's body to its full potential. "I understood!" she exclaimed, her breathing becoming a little heavier. Her legs, as well as her hands, felt heavier as she stood. Nonetheless, An continued to attack in the manner suggested by her mentor. Despite the fact that her speed and power had both decreased significantly.

Asahi appeared to be on his defense, or perhaps he was deliberately allowing An to lend some hits, as the young, blue-eyed girl knew the difference in skill between a genin and an academy student. An had a feeling he could easily overpower the younger female if he wanted to, especially now that her stamina was low. Perhaps she had used a few unnecessary moves in her attacks. On the other hand, in An’s eyes Asahi seemed absolutely fine and full of energy. Did he perhaps tire me out on purpose? The girl thought to herself as she lunged into the air once more, putting a lot of power into her legs to make the jump higher, holding her training katana in both hands and charging straight at Asahi.

[attr="class","notes"]NOTES:Training For EXP [5/6]
WORD COUNT:252

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

last edit by Gurē An on Oct 14, 2022 2:31:03 GMT -5
Small World (An) [Training]Oct 25, 2022 16:09:55 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull

Asahi’s theory was right. An was much more at home with a sword in her hands. The two danced like that for a bit, An using her swordplay and Asahi dodging and allowing himself to get hit. She exclaimed that she understood, and her strikes became heavier as she kept up her efforts.

The fatigue of their dance was starting to get to her, that was clear. And just like the words Asahi had given her, he played up his fatigue a little bit with every hit she landed and every dodge of her sword that he made. Almost on cue, as A gathered herself and made a lunging jump straight toward him, Asahi fell to one knee like an injured combatant. Now was the time for his surprise.

Once she had lunged at him, Asahi knew there probably wasn’t much she could do to change her direction. A smirk came across his face as he met her eyes as she was midair. Two arms, made of a bonelike chakra mixed material, broke the fabric of his shirt and emerged from his back without warning and rather quickly.

Those extra arms, called ki arms by the Oorigami clan, shot forward at her as they sprouted. But they didn’t aim to hurt her. The ki arms grabbed out, one of the arms attempting to grab An’s arm/shoulder area and the other ki arm going for her wooden training sword, attempting to rip it out of her hands. As the ki arms acted, Asahi rose from his kneeled position and stopped faking his lack of energy. Whether they were successful or not, Asahi would issue this question with his surprise.

"But what will you do if your enemies happen to take that sword away from you? How will you fight when faced with the unknown and uncomfortable?” That smirk, more playful than malicious, still sat on his face as he watched her react to this new situation.

JUTSU USED
NAME: Ikutete no Ikō [Influence of Many Arms]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu | Hijutsu
ELEMENT: Raiton
DESCRIPTION:
Basically the name given to the control of these arms using Raiton chakra, this is the most basic technique the clan use, emitting their nerve signals from their head to the arms to control them as if they were their own limbs.

APPLICABLE SA'S
Incarnation of Many Hands (Ōorigami Clan Hijutsu)

The rigorous training from his mother who tattooed the seal on his back, gave him enough experience for the extra arms this Hijutsu brings to feel natural at this point. Only able to make two, he uses them to hold extra weapons, and assist in other ways inside battle, medical training, and in everyday life. However, he still has much further to go, with more arms to come in the future and more ways to get quicker, stronger and better at utilizing them.

Enhanced Chakra Control
Genetics and an inclination towards medical ninjutsu has led him to hone his chakra control to make up for his average sized chakra pool. He could be classified as an adept at best, but still has better chakra control than his peers who have focused on other things. He knows how to find the equilibrium between unneeded chakra and energy, and just enough for jutsu, but is still working to lengthen this efficiency and endurance in the field.

oOC/NOTES
325 words
Tag: 
pyxis
Small World (An) [Training]Nov 1, 2022 4:14:15 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

An had a feeling that something was wrong, or that she was in danger because something unknown was about to happen the moment their eyes met. Asahi's eyes shone with assurance. And she was correct, as a pair of bone-like arms sprung from Asahi's back, one clearly aiming for An's katana and the other for her limb. "Asahi-niisan, that's unfair!" she exclaimed in response to the unexpected turn of events, having only a few seconds to plan her next move.

The arm aimed at her shoulder was the first to reach her, holding her in mid-air, while An managed to throw her sword straight at Asahi before the other arm could grab it, but as the young genin had said, she was left without a weapon. What happens next? Her mind was calculating a way out of this difficult situation, but nothing useful came to mind.

"I give up, you win, Asahi-niisan," she said, raising her arms in surrender. Her body remained suspended in mid-air, hoping that Asahi would lower her to the ground. Feeling slightly bitter, but not too much, as this was a fairly predictable outcome of their spar. A genin against an academy student, and one that couldn't use her clan abilities yet, was an obvious outcome.

[attr="class","notes"]NOTES: Training For EXP [6/6]
WORD COUNT:210

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM

Small World (An) [Training]Nov 1, 2022 17:50:07 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull

With the surprise of his additional arms, An was caught, quite literally, off guard and without a weapon. He shielded himself from the thrown training sword with both arms crossed in front of him, letting the wood make contact and taking the sting and scratches that came with it. But that was little pain compared to what he had felt before.

As she surrendered, empty hands raised, Asahi's smirk turned to a more neutral expression, and then to a slight frown. He would raise her and act as if he was going to throw her to the ground, descending with force before gently resting her on the ground.

He shook his head and spoke. "That, is not the right answer," he started and kept An held in the air. "You know, we are the only creatures who do that? Surrender. Out in nature it's fight or flight. You fight or run, but should never give up, especially if caught by the enemy. Then, you are left at their mercy." Asahi lectured, as he lowered her.

"There isn't fair or unfair in a fight. And even if you do surrender, at least surrender to gain an advantage, for something." Asahi finished with a small sigh, letting up a bit physically and verbally. His arms were sucked back into the seal on his back. "But, you are quite skilled. You put up a good fight," the genin finished with some praise.

"Since you gave up, we'll call it here. Next time we train though, don't surrender so easily, you could have escaped my hold." Asahi said and walked toward his things. He gathered them and recalled why he had chosen to train her. He turned back to her before exclaiming.

"Oh! You're a Gure right? I look forward to seeing how your abilities develop. I knew a Gure in the village I come from! But he was....probably a lot different from you. I'd be interested in talking to you, about your clan and stuff sometime." Asahi said, with his friendlier smile returning. Leaving her with his words of advice and interest, Asahi walked away from the academy grounds to continue his day.

[EXIT]
oOC/NOTES
360 words
Tag: 
pyxis
Small World (An) [Training]Nov 2, 2022 15:09:52 GMT -5
Gurē An
Practice makes perfect
Gurē An Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

gurē an
kirigakure no sato

Asahi's expression changed as he nearly threw An to the ground before gently placing her on the ground. The young shinobi was taken aback. That was terrifying! Of course, the expression was there for a reason, as a lecture on An's choice of action followed. An listened intently to the more experienced shinobi's lecture/advice. It was undeniably true that surrendering in a real battle would almost certainly result in An's death, as well as a failed mission or more casualties than necessary.

"Certainly, Asahi-niisan! I'm going to beat you the next time!" That was most likely a bluff or wishful thinking of some kind, as the chances of the girl actually defeating the elder in the near future were slim, but it wasn't like there was no chance of that happening.

An's ears perked up as she picked up the sword she'd thrown and her staff alongside Asahi when the other mentioned knowing another Gurē from the village he'd come from, "Yes! I'm curious about the person as well!" An, as an academy student, had no opportunity to travel outside of Kirigakure, so this piece of information piqued her interest. Who could it possibly be? As she watched Asahi leave the training grounds, she wondered. She left the grounds not long after him.

- E N D -

[attr="class","notes"]NOTES:Training For EXP [7/6]
WORD COUNT:214

MADE BY NIGHTBLOOM