The Fox and The Raven

compose a reply
The Fox and The RavenNov 4, 2022 21:49:43 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 232 | notes

Miroru just grinned. "They're teeeechnically unisex names! I didn't want to make any decisions for you, so I thought of some that used "me-" as a starting point and just sorta went from there. I thought you'd like Meiku! It means, like. Super smart or something!" The redhead giggled as the mood lightened. Maybe Dame HAD been taking it out on Miroru- but she'd never buckled or run away. That was the point, really. That even at her worst, Dame still deserved love, affection, and support.

And by showing her that even her most annoying cousin could manage it... maybe Dame would be able to hold others to that standard later.

"Daredomo. Okay! Do you want to be called the whole thing? Dare-chan? Demo-chan? Momo-chan~?" Miroru teased gently, making it clear it was up to her entirely. "If we call you Dare-chan, we'll be inviting people to ask who you are! Way better than being nobody, right?" She digs her toes against the courtyard a little, then murmurs. "You're right, you know.

That was a really mean name to give you.

And I'm sorry I didn't think to suggest picking a new one earlier."

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 2c/4i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
The Fox and The RavenNov 5, 2022 10:46:36 GMT -5
Daredemo
Anybody can be a shinobi, only some can be a ninja.
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday April 2nd rank Genin occupation Team 3
Dame
Uchiha
     "You could have just given me some girls names,” Dame rolled her eyes at the idea of Miroru not choosing for her. It was weird. But… it did feel comforting in a way. Same just wasn’t really sure why she had done it. "Thank you,” the girl finally let her knees fall. Opening herself back up to Miroru in her own small way as she ran her fingers through her hair, pulling it away from her eyes. She appreciated what Miroru was doing, trying to open up to her, giving her the space she needed and trying in her own way to relate to her. Even if she had been doing that robotic speech. She could tell Miroru wasn’t trying to mock her, which is all she could hope for from a lot of the Uchiha. 

"I’ll never be him,” it wasn’t often that Dame chose to talk about her brother. Miroru would have known him, the families were close, and Riku would’ve certainly spoken to the young Miroru on many an occasion. But when it came to Dame, her lips were usually sealed. Holding so much respect and love in her heart for the one member of her family who gave it back to her. It was hard to talk about him, to remember he was gone. "They’ll never forgive me for that, I guess. But I don’t have to wait for their forgiveness. I never needed them before… I shouldn’t need them now.” 
Tuturu has written 209 posts
The Fox and The RavenNov 5, 2022 17:41:19 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 321 | notes
"I could have- but that would have been making decisions for you, too," Miroru pointed out. "I don't wanna tell you who to be. I don't need to. I know I'll adore whoever you turn out to be, Daredemo-san. And I know I'll have your back no matter whose back that happens to be. I just want to know that when I visit my cousin, that whoever they are is happy with themselves. If I come and visit Dame-chan, and that's true? I'll be happy. If it's Daredemo-kun, I'll be happy too." She tilts her head and looks up at the sky. "I guess the only way I'll be unhappy is if you're still Dame-chan- and you still don't want to be. That'd make me really sad. And make me wonder who could possibly want you to keep being someone so unfairly miserable and blind to their own worth."

She let that hang a few moments.

"I'd probably fight'em once I figured out who it was. Cuz anyone that wants to keep you sad and hurting and alone deserves to be all of those things themselves- and making sure they're "hurting", at least, would be a start."

She listened closely, nodding firmly at her assertion. "You won't. And they might not. But you need to remember a truth they'll never admit to themselves," Miroru said, shifting to look directly at her cousin.

"You'll never be exactly who he was. But who he was is a locked value. He'll never be any better than he is right now. And you get better every day. You might never replace him- but you have every chance to make him SO proud- by being even better than he had the chance to be."

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 2c/4i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
The Fox and The RavenNov 5, 2022 21:26:54 GMT -5
Daredemo
Anybody can be a shinobi, only some can be a ninja.
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday April 2nd rank Genin occupation Team 3
Dame
Uchiha
    She could appreciate Miroru trying to help. Dame wasn’t prepared for this, for someone to actually care so much, for someone to actually treat her like somebody. The way her parents treated her, it made her feel inadequate. No matter how good she got, she needed to be better. It was never going to be good enough. Not for them. But maybe it was good enough for herself, maybe it was good enough for her friends, and maybe it was good enough for Riku. She could only hope so, cause she felt like she was getting close. She was so close to being a shonobi. And that was always what he wanted for her. Always what Dame… Daredemo, wanted for herself. 

"You’re such a weirdo,” Daredemo laughed as she spoke. For once it didn’t seem like she was laughing at Miroru though. It was much more lighthearted than she normally was. But Daredemo knew how it could come of, and she quickly added, "but maybe this clan could stand to be a little weirder. All the dumb rules, all the impossible standards, maybe they’re getting old.” Daredemo loved her clan. More than anything. But that love meant she wanted it to be the best, and if something was holding it back, then it needed to get improved. 

With that, the girl stood up and rolled her neck. In an instant she seemed to go back to her calm and collected self. Shaking off this conversation and pushing it inside. Miroru could see this part of her, the rest of the clan wouldn’t get the privilege. She’d shrug her shoulders and pick up her sword, starting to walk away.
"You can give the other one back next time,” in a very rare instance, Daredemo invited this encounter to repeat itself, and even gave an excuse for it to happen, "see ya later.”
Tuturu has written 209 posts