The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]

compose a reply
The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]Oct 16, 2022 16:28:19 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

Tateyama Yakitsukeru was forced to be there when she did want to be. But she had managed to get a small piece of the notes that had been allowed to her by the hermit when he had been told of her plans to head into the country for the exams. It was the reward for having managed to capture that bear and domesticate it... it had been a lone cub with a dying parent though. It made sense that it was simple, but she was not about to tell that to that lame old man. Having been moved into the rooms for Konoha shinobi that was open for participants before the exams, she knew that Miroru was here.

She was not the largest fan of the girl, but she seemed to have practical understanding that Yakitsukeru could appreciate in the grand scheme. Sitting at a desk in the corner of the accomedations she sat with ink and brush in had painting her hand with the symbols that were described on the paper. She would learn little from this process, but that was of little to no consequence to Yakitsukeru. She was here to learn from the experience rather than trying to put in effort, and Furu would be her back up if needed.

Now who was she supposed to be stuck in here with for the next period of time... she wondered.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts
The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]Oct 16, 2022 21:24:41 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 271 | notes
While Yakitsukeru studied, a voice- an unfamiliar one- tickled her ears, approaching from the direction of the other Konoha rooms. "...o actually, I'm not even the best with ink. That's Ayumu," murmured the young male voice with what could have been mistaken for a badly vandalized fur stole- until it perked its ears up and lifted its head to peer at the Sage apprentice!

https://i.imgur.com/TLdtIDd.jpg

Miroru brightened to see the familiar face, and called out softly, "Yakitsukeru-chan! I'm really happy to see you and your friends! We-" She paused, thinking just inside the door. "Do your friends mind foxes? This is Jun-san, and he has wonderful manners. He's teaching me about the other foxes on his Skulk's contract! We can sit on this side of the room if you think he'll worry your friends by being too close."

"Can I sit at that desk?" He asked Miroru, nosing towards it with his muzzle. His voice was quiet, soft and slow. No rush in this kit. "I would like to draw while we talk. Or while you talk. Or not draw and nap. I'm just happy to be out of the forest for a bit," he said with a yawn. "And it is nice to meet you, Yakitsukeru-san. Are you working on some Fuinjutsu? It looks like fun, but I always get distracted and put landscapes and still-lifes on the tags when I try to make them."

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 1 | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]Nov 5, 2022 0:10:21 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
groupLeaf Shinobi

A new nuisance was entering the periphery of her work station and Yaki could not have shown more displeasure than the hissing sound of the snakes inside of her clothes that started moving to stream up and around her neck as she turned an unimpressed eye over to the fox and the newly appointed jinchuuriki. Her hands would stroke and calm the snakes before she hissed in return motioning them to slide back into the clothing, "If you leave the snakes alone they will leave you alone. Touch them and I will ssstrike with them. Otherwissse do asss you pleassse."

Yaki would talk before going back to work. Her attention seemingly completely back on working on the seal itself. Trying to, and not, receiving the reaction that she was looking for. Despite pushing chakra into her hand as the seal was complete. Aggrivatingly wasted work. Her hand dipping down into a bucket of murky water that was situated on the far side of her as to not get stepped on at all by others. Pulling her hand out only to towel wash the runny ink and again starting the drawing process over again. Listening a little to the fox she would shrug, "Takesss practice. Itsss not a natural ssskill, that would refer to anything unrelated to thisss somewhat cursssed job."
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]Nov 5, 2022 18:32:13 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 239 | notes
"Oh, heavens, no. I make it a point not to bother anything that can bite me in return. Including the rest of the Skulk," Jun attested immediately as Miroru came to set him delicately on the far edge of Yaki's desk, setting up a very, very small easel and a tiny paintbrush and ink pot, easily out of Yaki's way. "You know- there's only three village-wide contracts in Konoha," he mentioned as he patted at the paper to be sure it was firm and flat in place. "Us, the eagles- and the serpents. And the serpents are a very selective contract. Very- very selective," he mentioned.

"I think your friend is very clever and very special to be their partner-"
He dipped the brush, holding it in his mouth, and letting it soak up ink for a moment. "-unless she is just very, very good friends with a large number of clothes-dwelling snakes and not on a contract at all, I suppose."

And then it was drawing time.

Miroru blinked and tilted her head, entirely lost. She wasn't really sure what he meant, instead fixating on Yaki's comments. "Cursed job? I'm not sure what you mean! Do you mean being a shinobi? Or drawing uncooperative fuinjutsu seals?"

MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 2c/4i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]Nov 5, 2022 19:08:11 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yakitsukeru could only describe her own irritation to herself so many times and speaking earnestly the girl was somewhat over this situation somewhat already. If she was going to let such a small thing ruin her concentration she would end up completely frozen in the stones of time when she truly gained the ability to study the gathering of the natural world. Her eyebrow lifting as the fox implied they knew of her connection to the snakes of Konohagakure. The fox was slightly off if they were going by the mentionable contracts, "Magpiesss. You misssed one."

With the girl's sole worlds before she began to draw the seal onto her hand again. It was a slow and meticulous process as she didn't feel like she really understood where her imperfection was with the jutsu. She suspected the old bastard hadn't given her all the information for the jutsu and that she was only handed an early design. So what was the actual mistake that she was being handed that needed correction?

Miroru would then question her final statement and the girl would reply while reading over the notes of her parchment, "Both I sssuppossse. Neither isss my profession by choice, one isss a matter of not being disssposssable. The other isss a meansss to meet an end."
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]Nov 5, 2022 19:58:20 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 246 | notes
"Hm?" Jun turned his head and delicately set down the brush. "You know about the magpies? I've only heard my older siblings talk about them once in a while. I don't think anyone has heard a peep from the Magpie realm in ages. Do you know something I do not, Miss?" Sincere curiosity, respectful and wondering. Not a challenge- just an inquiry!

Miroru nodded firmly as Yaki stated she wasn't disposable. "You absolutely are not disposable. Though- um. Maybe I missed something? What about not being disposable is cursed? And what about the seal you're doing is cursed? What's IT do? Or- what's it meant to do, I guess? Maybe I can help?"

She moved to get a better look. She wasn't entirely unversed in Fuinjutsu herself, and was curious if it might be something she could make use of. She'd been studying a couple seals herself- one to lock someone completely in place on contact, and another that could purge chakra from an area. She wondered if she could have a clone use it to neutralize her in an emergency. That'd be a clever little standby, wouldn't it? She was sure she could place herself in such a seal if necessary, but all the better if she didn't need lucidity to do it.

MISSIONS
The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]Nov 9, 2022 23:34:30 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yaki would roll her eyes as she continued to draw.

"Anyone with a library passs and the patience to read a few hissstory textbooksss would know about them. On the contrary it isss the ssserpentine that do not care to be ssseen unlesss they wish for you to be aware of their presssence," Yaki would state to the fox as she began to twist the symbol at a certain point and curve it like a flame flickering around the kanji for power. Such as what was on the table before her, pouring chakra into the circuit slowly would turn the ink from black to a slowly lightening orange tint as she moved to finish the symbol.

As she did the young viper would form a few quick seals only for her to split her hands apart as one got red looking, like it was heated and then suddenly it flickered out like it had never been affected. Dipping her hand into the water bucket again it would release a hiss of sound and steam like a heated piece of iron being dowsed in water from the forge. A sigh as she rolled her eyes.

"Naive, everything isss eventually disposssable. It isss the nature of the world to recycle, but even then what is disposssed of will be eventually. No, I have been disposssed of before for not being ussseful enough, ssso I will not repeat that. The neccesssity of being a shinobi in my life isss what causssesss it to be cursssed, my appearance detersss me from the mundane. I, however, find patience in gathering power isss worth itsss own cossstsss," Yaki would state studying the back of her hand as she wiped it down and twisted the wooden chair to wall her from Miroru as she turned to look at the girl with an expression between gloomy and tired and the sort of jadedness you would expect from a career jounin after a long mission.

"Thisss isss the fruitsss of my labor, or part of it. I ssstill need to ruin that god awful old geezer and hisss plansss sssomehow. He hasss interestingly potent fuinjutsssu techniquesss that I have never heard of and I believe they are hisss lifesss work. I plan to take them all eventually, I wasss looking for an opportunity when I wasss forced back to the Kumogakure sssituation before the examination here."

TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]Nov 10, 2022 0:06:27 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 392 | notes
"Well... I don't have a library pass, Miss," Jun stated simply. "Whereas you and yours, to my knowledge, have never been completely abandoned- I suppose I'm digressing. My apologies for disturbing you with my questions, Miss." He went back to his art, while Miroru stayed focused on the fuinjutsu Yaki was working on, listening intently to what she was willing to share about herself.

"Mmm... I feel like we're defining that word differently, aren't we?" Miroru wondered. "All things terminate- but disposable is a measure of value, not permanency, isn't it? You don't call something disposable because it'll die or rot eventually, you call something disposable when you can afford to spend it or discard it without undue impact."

"I know what it's like to feel disposable." Miroru murmured quietly. "I don't think I was ever officially discarded, but. It's just how clans are. You have some folx that win the lottery. Kids with magic eyes, or the right chakra natures, or stand-out talents. Nobody thinks "we have this limited amount of time and resources- we should invest in the average kids to help them be even better."" She shakes her head. "It's a quiet sort of discarded. Where everyone's attention and efforts feed into the Special Ones- and everyone else gets smiles and headpats and a "How was your day at academy." No expectations, no support, just... nothing." She looked Yaki over and offered quietly, "Besides. You don't look normal, but you look awesome. And I like that you look unique. I think you like looking different, too- or you'd just Henge to look how you wanted, wouldn't you? You're good at fixing things you don't like. Like snake bullies. Or knowledge gaps!"

She hugged her knees a bit. "I don't think it'd be much better to be indispensable, though. Then instead of nobody caring how you turn out, everyone cares- and suddenly you're too valuable to risk. And other people start getting labeled disposable compared to you."

The redhead looked at the still steaming bucket. "It looks like you're trying to make a custom Katon seal. Something specialized not to burn you when it ignites. Is that right?"

MISSIONS
The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]Nov 19, 2022 0:02:45 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yaki would tilt her head as she listened her expression never really leaving the already tired and bored expression she was now adopting. She looked mad in a way, but that was just the sitting of her odder facial features combined with her blank slate of a look. Her emotions were certainly different though and as Miroru spoke Yaki began removing her Haori to cool off from the heat that boiled in her core though listening to the young Uchiha girl talk about family as if it was a raffle ticket system of capability. Did that mean Yakitsukeru had rolled the worst luck on the draw then? It was probable if family really was like that; she had not experienced family for more of her life than she had known the concept.

With the snakes cresses to her skin under her dress, and the tattoo for practicing meditation that ran the length of her upper arms for what was visible outside of her toned arms the young serpent would lean an arm over the chair completely and pull her arm up at the elbow to prop her head on as she continued to listen. As Miroru finished Yaki would respond, "To the quessstion of if disssposssability relatesss to value and not permanence; isss what you dessscribed not the sssame? If sssomething is expendable to you in a moment then it lacksss permanence. It wasss left to wassste or recycle to the world. If you or I were in a high ssstacksss misssion and the choice wasss to complete the misssion and that meant one of usss wasss not going home, then at that time one of usss hasss to know we have objectively lossst all value. We are expendable, which isss why I believe it isss the right path to be ssselfish in your own regard. Thisss isss our reality, even if it isss the absssolute worssse cassse ssscenario the point isss that it hasss and will happen."

Yaki would pause for a breath and to glance back at her work, letting out a sigh as her eyes turned into a glowering squint like she was talking about something she had thought on too often. Curling her fingers inwards as she did so, "I don't want to be awesssome Miroru-Chan. I wanted, once upon a time, to be a pretty farm girl, but fate isss cruel. I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss inssstead. Ssso I will take everything I can reasssonably grasssp and then twissst it for more in thisss horrid reality. Asss for the other points, I was always good at studying than I was practical application. You are... what again, twelve? Eleven? I am almossst sssixteen. I had no motivation to finish at the academy before I met my Sssensssei. Now ssstudying is my ssstrongessst asset towards becoming ssstronger, I will take what isss rightfully mine," Yaki's voice would lower a bit as she finished her statement. Her hand would grip shut as her knuckle cracked, "and thossse that get in the way of my progresss I will turn to passste to make explosssive sssealsss with."

Letting out another sigh Yakitsukeru would swivel her chair back to facing the desk and look at the notes she had been given and shake her head, "Nothing of my own creation no, sssome sssenile old hermit in Bird Country. I wasss attempting to get him to ssstart teaching me, but thisss was all that he handed me before I wasss forcibly retrieved and sssent to help in Kaminari no Kuni. I ssswear when I get back to that geezer I'm going to wring him dry of hisss techniquesss."

last edit by Tateyama Yakitsukeru on Nov 19, 2022 0:11:05 GMT -5
The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]Nov 19, 2022 1:18:06 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 315 | notes
Miroru shook her head at the idea it could all be the same. "I don't think so. I think they're all closely related, but the term relates to value and the impermanence is a result of being lower value. A thing is not disposable because it is impermanent- a thing is disposable because it is low enough value to throw away for an objective, and that's what renders it drastically more impermanent. But- it's just semantics. You're still correct that disposable things are, by nature, extremely impermanent." she explained in a friendly tone. "In fact- I think what's happening is that you're viewing things with a priority on permanence and correctly identifying that low permanence is indicative of disposability, where I'm focused on value, and by happenstance, that happens to be the determining factor of what's permanent or not, which determines its permanence. So- we're just describing the same equation from different perspectives."

The redhead listened patiently, murmuring softly, "You could still be a pretty farmgirl. You just need the farm, really." The way she talked, though, had Miroru's expression falling more with every word, drawing her knees up to her chest as she listened, looking sadder with each new thought shared. She didn't answer in response to her age- she was thirteen, but demanding that be dignified with recognition would just make her feel more immature- so instead she just said, quietly- "You sound like a lot of my older cousins."

It didn't exactly sound like a compliment. Or an insult. She'd just made Miroru sad to hear her talk that way.

"O-oh. Well- it was nice of him to share, I suppose. Did he tell you what it's meant to do?"

MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]Nov 27, 2022 16:45:35 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Perhapsss, but at that point the ssstatementsss are moot and we underssstand. No reassson to dwell," Yakitsukeru would respond to their first topic and close it, effectively brushing the discussion off before moving on to a more interesting topic, at least in her mind, which happened to do with the seal in front of her. She could make out Miroru's mutterings though and that made her chuckle a bit.

"If only people were as nice asss you make them out to be Miroru-Chan. Then maybe you would be correct, but I have no doubt that would not be true," Yakitsukeru would state to kill the conversation before closing off the thought with an attempt to be more motivational... which wasn't exactly her strong suit, "Sssimilarly, ssstop comparing me to your cousssinsss. They are not me, and they are not you, if you have time to pity them give them a reassson to not be pitiful. Enough of the sssappy talk though I have to figure out thisss ssseal and I believe if you want to help you should focusss on it asss well."

Beginning the drawing process again Yaki would cut off any attempt to go back in conversation with the last of their conversational topics, the one relating to the seal, "It burnsss people, it burnsss away ssskin and even eventually into mussscle. I think I am misssing a part of the final desssign though due to the way it ssseemsss to be put together. If you look at the main character you can sssee itsss go all of the sssignsss of a cunductor, but for sssome reassson it doesss not work for long."
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]Dec 2, 2022 22:38:32 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 250 | notes
Miroru nodded as the topic was agreed upon and closed away. "That works for me!" Hearing Yaki chuckle made her smile, even if it turned a little sad when Yaki made it clear she didn't see that as a real possibility. She nodded at the request to stop comparing her to her cousins, offering a simple, "Sorry, sorry, I will," in response. "We can focus. What are we pondering?"

She nodded at the explanations she was given, pondering deeply. "So instead of an explosive seal, which releases it all at once, this would be- transferred to a target, and sticks for a sustained release of chakra. That's definitely trickier than usual, I see why you've been having some challenges here. Um." She moves to look at the sigil itself, studying it. "Well. I think the seal's particulars do set it up as a conductor, but there's nothing in place to sustain it. It isn't like a Raiton circuit, it's more like- well, an explosive seal, it's designed to just release all its energy. If you included some Raiton accoutrements designed around circulating chakra instead of expending it all at once, it'd do the damage you want by just moving the chakra involved around through the material affected by the seal, wouldn't it? That'd make it last longer, wouldn't it?"

MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]May 21, 2023 0:21:30 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

"That won't work here really. Basssic fuinjutsssu theory commonly placesss emphasssisss on the kanji, however, elemental sssealsss are very different. Outssside of private ssstudy and recorded sssuccesss of those that ussse fuinjutsssu with advanced releasssesss there isss practically no way to blend two elementsss," Yaki would begin refuting the idea. It was a commonality that the different structures didn't work in conjunction, though Yakitsu had zero clue as to why. It was simply understood that it could not work that way.

Fuinjutsu was an incredibly precise and fickle art, which was why it was unpopular. It required a lot of practice to be good outside of basic utility and not many wanted to adopt the ridiculous style that Yakitsukeru used where she would commonly just overwhelm enemies with bombs of multiple varieties. So it left many of its practitioners as dabblers or purely supportive team members. The young viper, unlike her colleagues at large worked to weaponize the art.

It was a supplementary skill set, but when you could simply train to learn anything, there was no need to focus on one thing if you could overcome the gap through versatility and temporary enhancement. There was something in what Miroru said though that made sense, "Circulate.... circulate. Hmm, perhapsss I just need to move the chakra around as itsss flowing to my handsss? That would ssseem like the easiessst way to fix the problemsss."

The girl would begin to draw the seal on her hand once more.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]May 21, 2023 5:49:00 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 205 | notes
"Really? You mean, like, in the same seal, right? You could totally slap Fuuton and Katon seals onto the same person and release both at the same time to bolster the flames, couldn't you?" Miroru asked, tilting her head. "Is it really impossible to create a fuinjutsu seal that could lock in multiple elements? Couldn't you make one seal with multiple chargeable segments or something?" It wasn't Miroru's specialty, of course, just the ramblings of a curious mind unburdened by assumption and knowledge.

"Ooh! Maybe that would work! Since the seal IS immediately applied, if you alter the state of the chakra as it's activated, it could be carry over into the effect the seal has on the target, couldn't it?" The redhead was doing her best to follow and understand, but she was, as with many things, only moderately learned in any specific area. "Remind me? Are these seals that have already been developed that you're studying to understand and use yourself? Or are we developing these ourselves? Or- er- yourself?"

MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
The Ascetic Path [Homework for Hotheads]May 24, 2023 20:15:14 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

"There isss a very common reassson that each of the elementsss hasss their own sssealing technique Miroru-Chan. The melding of elementsss takesss a very particular and unique physssiossspiritual reaction within a bloodline, or in the cassse of a very shitty sssage apprentice I know, a revulting form of cheating," Yakitsukeru would respond as she continued to work on her new seal drawing. Careful not to cross certain lines, and to alter the thickness to try and match the paper before her near as exactly as she could. It was, to that degree, masterful, but even an inexperienced eye could spot how flawed her was from teh one on the paper.

"Admittedly, many thingsss bend the world'sss lawsss, but sssimilarly there are ssstill lawsss for nature, man, and all thingsss to follow," Yaki would continue as she went to re-dip her brush on the ink stone's wetter portion. Sliding the brush on the inkstone itself as to not waste the excess as she gingerly removed it. Sparring no glances as she worked, "We will find out sssoon if we continue to practice here on thisss one. I will not claim to know about anothersss work though, thisss isss the work of sssome old geezer I met while traversssing the woodsss in bird country on the way here."
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

quick reply

compose a reply