compose a reply
Spar! [M:C|Mairusu/Miroru]Nov 16, 2022 15:31:52 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Snake Sage Apprentice

TAKE ME TO VALHALLA WHERE MY BROTHERS WAIT FOR ME

To say the boy was surprised at his ability to keep Miroru at bay with his haphazard plan was an understatement though he supposed even the most talented shinobi wouldn't want to get sliced, electrocuted or both if they could avoid it. His skill with weapons was basic so while there may have been an opportunity to truly put the pressure on with some combination of the electrified kunai and the ninja wire the boy was unaware of it; perhaps something to look into after all this was said and done.

What confidence there may have been building in the boy with each successive swipe was tempered by the fact that he still had to contend with the gaggle of foxes surrounding them in the ring and they were none too shy about letting him know they were still very much present. Almost on cue he would watch Miroru dash back to retrieve her staff from one of said foxes who it seems had been up to more than just hootin' and hollerin' though it was understandably difficult for the boy to try and keep his eyes on them while contending with the talented Miroru in front of him.

With a smidge of distance now between them Mairusu would take a few moments to calm his breathing as he awaited what was to come next, his charged kunai raised in a defensive position though ready to get back to swinging at a moments notice. To his surprise the boy would see that he was not the only one here who could channel raiton chakra as he watched it course through the staff of the Uchiha. "Well now it's a party." He spoke under his breath knowing full and well the dangers of being hit with an electrified weapon.

If he remembered his training correctly the raiton chakra from their weapons would be able to cancel each other out so all that remained was trying not to get hit by the staff itself, which was easier said than done. It wouldn't take long to test that theory as the woman charged in looking to hit him with a huge side swipe and though Mairusu prepared his defenses best he could the sheer impact from the staff broke through his kunai guard leading to a painful strike to the side that sent the boy reeling to the ground. "Ow damnit, that staff is such a pain!" The boy cried out through gritted teeth as he held his side through pulses of shocking pain.

It had become clear a while ago to the boy of the difference in skill between Miroru and himself and he had been on the defensive pretty much the entire spar and though some quick thinking had prevented him from looking like complete fool in front of all these people Mairusu knew now more than ever that he was going to have to buckle down on his training even if it included having a less than fun conversation with a certain old man who held the knowledge and skills that he needed.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Kata has written 208 posts
Spar! [M:C|Mairusu/Miroru]Nov 17, 2022 0:46:05 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 300 | notes

As the rippling shocks subsided and returned Mairusu to his senses, it'd be to the sight of Miroru bending down to offer her hand as the crowd that had gathered to watch cheered for both of them in the background. They were both hometown hitters, so to speak, so seeing them both show off had been fun for everyone in the stands.

"You're not kidding, my guy. I carry it specifically for that. I don't always wanna wreck the people I fight, and the stick's like getting smashed with a golf club connected to a portable generator. Great for ending fights quick without too much bad blood, you know?" She helped him up if he let her while the foxes basked in the adoration of the crowd, yipping and cheering on their excitement. "You got a lotta killer moves, you know? Like what's the thing you did with the sustained charge in the kunai? Everything I got is kind of a burst effect- something sustained would be great to keep on hand."

Once he was up and they had a chance to move off the field, Miroru offered, "You know, if you wanna learn any of the tricks I used, I'd be glad to share'em! You'd have to get signed on with the Fox Contract to call any of them up, but everything else, I can totally tutor you in since we got the same nature and all! Between the two of us, I think we can make sure we both walk away from this with more tricks up our sleeves..."

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
Spar! [M:C|Mairusu/Miroru]Nov 25, 2022 14:04:49 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Snake Sage Apprentice

TAKE ME TO VALHALLA WHERE MY BROTHERS WAIT FOR ME

Mairusu would listen to the girl's explanation as he accepted the extended hand to help him to his feet, his free hand lightly rubbing the point of impact though he knew it was going to be tender for a while. Between her weapons, speed and the foxes it was clear that Miroru's strength was overwhelming force and while part of him wondered if things would have turned out differently with sage training the genin knew that there was no use in getting caught up in possibilities. "Yeah it definitely can wrap things up in a hurry with a couple good placed hits." He'd reply before being asked about the moves he had shown off during their spar.

"Um, it's called Inspiration Wave, which I think is just a fancy way of saying you're conducting raiton through another object. It's super short range so the trick is to use it with something that extends the reach, and the best thing I've been able to come up with so far is some wire attached to kunai." Mairusu had wondered about the different things he could have used with that technique before, maybe even another jutsu, but he only knew a handful and didn't use more than basic weapons so options were limited for the time being.

A mixture of surprise and excitement would cross the boy's face as Miroru extended an offer to teach him a few things, though a sinking feeling in his gut told him that signing the fox contract probably wasn't a good idea. "Really? That'd be cool as hell! Mitsuda-san and the snakes probably wouldn't be too thrilled if I signed a different summoning contract so I'll have to pass on that one, but everything else I'm totally game for!" To be honest Mairusu wasn't even sure what the rules were when it came to summoning stuff. He knew the basics on how to do it but had yet to sign any kind of contract with an animal but assumed that his day with the snakes would soon come so long as training went well.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Kata has written 208 posts