Too Little Too Late? [Training]

compose a reply
Too Little Too Late? [Training]Nov 10, 2022 21:43:51 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
Uogokoro areba mizugokoro.
Kayahara Urikohime Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday February 15 rank Genin occupation Medic Ninja
Uriko realized, to her delight, that she had got Miroru on the ropes. Truth was, she would never dare to attempt such a technique she considered as depraved as the Thousand Years of Death on Miroru, but if she could use this to get an advantage over the swift copper haired girl, that would be enough to her satisfaction. "Oh, would I ever!" came her reply to Miroru's plea, her voice taking on an ominous tone, and a not very innocent smile on her face, even as Uriko noticed that Miroru had been so frightened of the threat of the Sennen Goroshi that she had inadvertently broken off her readiness to run, in order to better protect herself. The first time they had run, Miroru had been able to pace Uriko, because she was ready. This time, Uriko would have the advantage, even if it was small. Little advantages could readily turn the tide of battle.

At the call of "Green Light!", Uriko suddenly bolted forward, pushing herself to cover as much ground as she possibly could, before Miroru discovered her ploy and caught up to her. With Miroru unprepared, unless the mischievous girl was of an incredibly stout mind, she would attempt to close the gap between herself and Uriko, as soon as she could. And that would mean moving in a straight line. This time, even if she was coming from behind Uriko, the green haired girl would be ready for her.

Ronin has written 328 posts
Too Little Too Late? [Training]Nov 13, 2022 20:06:02 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
As Miroru squawked fearfully, Uriko took advantage of the Green Light to bolt off the starting line, leaving Miroru on the back foot as she shot towards Azarea and the goal line. "H-HEY! GET BACK HERE! Don't sound so- so confident that you could get one up on me like that! I won't let you! YOU HEAR ME?! I WON'T!" Miroru yelped, dashing after her, left in the dust and fighting to make up lost time. It was rough, even with the advantage of having both her opponents in view- she had to claw and scratch to make up the distance the taller girl was eating up, but also had to stay aware of Azarea's words and posture. She had good reflexes, but that didn't mean she could afford not to focus!

There wasn't any room to maneuver yet- she just had to bolt off the starting line, devour as much of the distance between them as she could, and be ready to slam to a stop at any point necessary.

"Honestly, I dunno, Onee-chan!" Miroru shouted ahead, catching the murmur. "I've never really met anyone from the one I was supposed to be on! So I couldn't guess what it'd be like to be ON one, much less lead my own!"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 2c/4i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
Too Little Too Late? [Training]Nov 15, 2022 11:29:43 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Unintended Side-Effects

"Well they say all genin teams are little dumpster fires, but that it's different when they're your little dumpster fires." She jokes a laugh spilling from her lips and then another, and another at the sound of Miroru's squeaked exclamations of protests at being on the wrong end of a Thousand Years of Death. Followed my the other red headed getting tricked into losing her lead to protect her bum at Urikohime's threat. Right up to the green haired girl taking the lead in a clever trick as she threw herself forward. Uriko's plan having an additional unintended side-effect she hadn't foreseen.

Azarea was now laughing so hair doubled over against the tree wheezing at the entire situation she couldn't call out the ready phrase even less call out 'Red light' buying the girl much needed extra time as the Kumo nin struggled for breath. One arm resting against the tree and the other looped about her stomach as she struggles to stay up right laughing with an enthusiasm she hadn't felt in a long time. Tears beading on her lashes at the sheer insanity of the situation at hand as she gasped and giggled completely unable to stop as she struggled to get out "The... the Daruma doll~" Before dissolving once more into giggles unable to complete the phrase.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 221 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Too Little Too Late? [Training]Nov 15, 2022 22:04:55 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
In Uriko's opinion, things could not have gone any better. Even though she knew she wasn't as quick as the fox girl, it was rather unlikely that Miroru would be able to catch up to her at this point. What made matters even much better was the fact that, even though Azarea was not looking at them, she could hear the exchange between the Konoha kunoichi, and she had been tickled to the point of barely controllable laughter. With the way the older redhead was struggling to breathe, it seemed that Uriko would be able to reach her before she could exclaim the fall of the Daruma doll.

The green haired Genin had no idea what having Genin would be like, but she, being the kind of person she was, would probably be fiercely protective of them. But what if they were problematic? She would probably just have to still manage them as they were, but no Jounin sensei ever prayed for problematic students. In any case, it was the job of a teacher to at least try to get their students to learn the basic lessons. Whether the students decided to learn was another matter entirely, but at least, it was best to act such that one would have no blame even if somehow one's students turned to be the extreme case of dumpster fires.

"Gotcha!" Uriko exclaimed happily, tapping Azarea lightly on the shoulder. She had managed to successfully cover the required distance in time, even if she had had to rely on 'underhand' tactics. But it was fair game. Miroru was full of shenanigans herself. The green haired Genin punched a fist in the air victoriously. "I did it!" As far as her speed was concerned, things were perhaps beginning to look more hopeful.

Too Little Too Late? [Training]Nov 18, 2022 11:00:56 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
"DUMPSTER FIRES?! Maybe it's best that I've never met mine..." Miroru wondered aloud as she scrambled to try to catch up with Uriko a second time- but with her head start AND her improved acceleration, it was just not something within reach without utilizing her chakra. And while she was confident she could cheat and "win" while getting disqualified- a loss either way- she didn't want to cramp Uriko's victory with even the ghost of a loss.

"FALLSOVERFALLSOVERFALLSOVERFALLSDANGIT!" Miroru screeched before skidding to a stop and planting her hands on her knees. "BLAGGART! CHEAT! FOUL THREATENER OF BUTTOCKS!" There wasn't even a SCRAP of negativity from Miroru- it was clearly a performance, over the top and played for laughs. "THIS TIME. You did it THIS TIME! Next time we play with jutsu on both sides! Prepare yourself for the rematch, rapscallion! You- you melon menace, you! HARRUMPH!" She crossed her arms and snorted in faux disdain- but grinned and dropped the front as she moved over to Uriko and what was left of Azarea after her laughing fits! "Seriously, good job! We should work on some proper speed jutsus too- after all, it's part of the defensive trinity!"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
Too Little Too Late? [Training]Nov 23, 2022 18:03:58 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Victory

Finally managing to get her breath back Azarea gives Uriko a beaming smile, "Congratulations on your win Urikohime. That was~" She begins only to hear Miroru's exlcamations and trail off into snickering chuckles once more. The woman clearly having needed to laugh as she leans against the tree and shakes her head beaming form ear to ear.

"I def... definitely think you are making good progress. Kami if we do this again I need to actually pick a game where I can watch if you're going to bring jutsu into the mix of things." She quips her chuckles dying off into a lopsided fanged grin. "You both though did a great job. I couldn't see you most of the time, but I could sense you and I really think your control over the technique is coming a long way Uriko. I'm sure Shigure-san would be proud of your progress." She assures the girl not giving undue praise as she'd earned it for overcoming the rather embarrassing adversity of Miroru's assault. Though maybe that had helped some with her pain tolerance.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Too Little Too Late? [Training]Nov 23, 2022 20:58:34 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko was feeling quite pleased that Azarea had even commended her on her efforts, though she could not help but give Miroru a very amused grin, as the younger girl humorously exploded into a tirade of mock angry protest. She eventually had to join the taller redhead in snickering at Miroru's antics. It was quite clear that the jinchuuriki was not actually angry in the least, simply doing the dramatic as only Miroru knew how to.

"Thanks, you guys."

Even if she didn't say too many words, Uriko was quite grateful for the two kunoichi with her at the moment. Looking at things, they were probably her closest friends, perhaps more like sisters, even; Azarea was the elder sister, and Miroru was the younger one. If this was how it felt to have siblings, it did really seem like fun to have such members of one's family around.

"Oh, you know I'll definitely use the Sennen Goroshi, if we have to use techniques next time," Uriko said in a mock-threatening, but rather amused tone, when Miroru declared that the next time they squared off, they would use jutsu. She neither knew the Thousand Years of Death, nor did she want to learn such an obscene and potentially unhygienic technique, but Miroru did not know this, did she?

"You know it!" Uriko replied to Miroru's expressed interest in further training of speed techniques, though she wasn't sure she knew what the defensive trinity was. She did glow at Azarea's expectation of Shigure being impressed with how far she'd come. Certainly nowhere as fast as the Hyuuga, but she could hope she was growing.

The Chuunin exams would probably test that growth to the utmost.

FINISHED

quick reply

compose a reply