Chasing After Anything

compose a reply
Chasing After AnythingNov 27, 2022 15:49:22 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 230 | notes
Miroru was well used to cuts and scrapes, and this wasn't even that bad by those standards. She was pretty sure she wasn't even bleeding- the rock had been blunt, so maybe a bruise? She wasn't sure that was even likely. When Dame laid in place for a moment, Miroru held her there- zero force, just patting her back to reassure her she was alright. And then she scrambled free, and that was okay, certainly, so she sat up herself.

"You sure? I felt like you only tripped because I distracted you. It's not like you'd just faceplant cuz of some random root normally, so you falling was kind of my fault. I felt like I needed to take responsibility!" Miroru explained, still high-spirited. "And I figured you'd shake off getting a helping hand faster than you'd recover from having your palms scraped up from an unnecessary fall. I know you've been working super hard on your swordsmanship. I'd feel awful if I caused you to fall behind in your sword studies!" Miroru smiled reassuringly, dust smeared across one cheek.

"Besides, Momo-chan.

You'll never have to ask me to watch out for you. I'll always have your back."

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
Chasing After AnythingNov 30, 2022 13:28:49 GMT -5
Daredemo
Anybody can be a shinobi, only some can be a ninja.
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday April 2nd rank Genin occupation Team 3
Dame
Uchiha
"I shouldn’t have taken my eyes off the road,” Dame finally got up to her feet, still facing away from Miroru as she tried to force her face to stop glowing beet red. This was a weird feeling and she just wanted to push past it as fast as possible as to deal with the least amount of embarrassment or humiliation possible. Her hood going up before she’d finally turn to face Miroru, her face still slightly red, but Dame was greatly hoping that the shadows of the hood would mask the change in color. She’d look down at Miroru and offer her a hand. It was the least she could do after Miroru had dove to catch her like that.

"It had nothing to do with you,” she lied, "there was just some dust in my eyes. Probably from all the crap being discarded back here. You and your brat pack would probably get some payment if you guys actually got this posted as a mission. It’s a good idea.” Dame hoped burying her very obvious lie in advice and suggestions would move the conversation along fast enough to hide her embarrassment. She had no idea oof Miroru could already tell what the graven haired girl was thinking, but the less she had to talk about it the better. 

"We should probably get running again anyways, right? You good to start up again?”
Tuturu has written 209 posts
Chasing After AnythingDec 9, 2022 4:08:57 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 229 | notes
Miroru smiled crookedly at Momo's attempts to dismantle the embarrassing situation. Taking her eyes off the road had been a mistake, sure, and the hood did a lot to hide the blush... but when it's coming up from your collarbone, there's only so much a shadow can do. "Dust sure is hard on the eyes. If I had dust in my eyes, I bet I woulda gone tush over teakettle too! Sounds like it might be just the sort of community service Konoha needs to avoid any more disasters like that!" She looped her hand into Momo's and accepted the help up, squeezing gently as she rose and proceeded to dust the streaks off her butt and hips. "I'm good to go whenever you are. You wanna try to push it a little, navigate the difficult enviroment or something?" Miroru asked, bouncing on her heels as she faced the track they were going to be challenging- which left Momo with a particularly close-up, unobstructed view of her runner's physique working to pop her into the air like that.

Which was not at all likely to do her any favors with that whole trying not to blush thing.

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 4c/7i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
Chasing After AnythingDec 9, 2022 21:47:14 GMT -5
Daredemo
Anybody can be a shinobi, only some can be a ninja.
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday April 2nd rank Genin occupation Team 3
Dame
Uchiha
Dame was happy to at least somehow be pushing away the awkwardness of the situation. Shifting the blame towards the dust and clutter in the road wasn’t her brightest play ever, but it was all she could think of on such short notice. Miroru wasn’t helping at all with the clearly teasing tone of her voice, but Dame would simply have to try and ignore it as she went on with helping her clanmate up to her feet.

Dame’s grip on Miroru’s hand lingered after helping her up. Dame was distracted by the warmth. It felt like far more than it should have. Her heart beating faster in her chest and her stomach continuing to twist further and further into knots. Wether Dame could fully understand what she was feeling or not was irrelevant in the moment, she just knew it felt nice to hold Miroru’s hand, even for a fleeting moment. She even felt Miroru giving a slight squeeze, which only served to embarrass Dame more as her body naturally responded by jerking her hand away the moment she noticed it.

"Yeah,” Dame was simply going to try and push on. In her experience it was often the worst idea to just push through and see what happened, but she was drawing a blank on what to do next. "We can probably just keep going. The road should clear up eventually as we get to the more well travelled parts of the road.”
Tuturu has written 209 posts