HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!

compose a reply
HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!May 2, 2023 7:47:55 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday september 23 rank chuunin occupation mizukage bodyguard

I COULD EAT THE WORLD RAW

After dealing with these pirates the first time around, Daichi was frankly sick to death of their nonsense—the kidnapped children was a bad enough situation, but then the Mizukage’s office got reports of this self-styled Pirate King, and Daichi leapt at the chance to help put an end to this nightmare of piracy.

But his mission partner wasn’t his sister this time, much to Daichi’s surprise—he thought for sure that Kyoko would want to tag along again, and he would have been grateful for her swordsmanship. No, this time his mission partner was one of her current colleagues, the Sixth Seat of the Seven Shinobi Swordsmen: Kaguya Kimihiro.

Or, as Daichi had once known him: Mozu.

Despite only being a couple of years Daichi’s senior, Kimihiro was a few inches shorter and much slighter than him, his thin, wiry dancer’s build appearing so much smaller in comparison to Daichi’s broad shoulders and carefully-constructed physique. But Daichi knew better than to be fooled by appearances, and he knew quite well that Kimihiro was deceptively strong—he had to be, to carry around a sword like that.

They were on a ship, closing distance towards where reports had indicated the Pirate King was making his rounds—not terribly far from the settlements that the children had been stolen from.

"Senpai,” Daichi asked suddenly, a vaguely concerning thought entering his mind. "You said you… borrowed this ship?” His eyebrow lifted above his eyepatch, torn between disapproval and amusement. "Do I want to know if you submitted a requisition form?”

LAIKA OF THQ
tactician has written 259 posts
HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!May 3, 2023 7:18:51 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 4/4 rank Special Jounin occupation Sixth Seat of the Seven Swordsmen

Kaguya Kimihiro

By this point in his career, Kimihiro was about ready to say he was heading towards being a real pirate hunter, because he kept getting sent on missions to deal with them. It helped that he really enjoyed travelling by boat, particularly the Inaka Maru which he basically took every time he could. The ship's sleek lines and sharp sails appealed to him aesthetically, and by this point in time the crew were quite comfortable with his shenanigans and general attitude. 

The ones who hadn't been were either dead or no longer worked aboard the ship.

Relatively small, incredibly fast, and with a crew that were by now hardened pirate hunters as well, the Inaka Maru was by far his favourite vessel. If any ship was going to claim to kill a pirate king, it was going to be his beloved hunter. It was a little weird for him to be paired up with his cousin's bodyguard for this mission, but the younger man had been working on this particular problem earlier and Kimihiro wasn't going to begrudge having a support ninja to make things more interesting.

He was rather amused that most people wouldn't peg Yamaguchi Daichi as the backline support of the two of them, but that just made things more interesting.

At the sudden question, Kimihiro turned to look at his partner for the mission, a raised eyebrow directed at the taller man. "Ara? There's paperwork for that?" he asked innocently, a bewildered look on his face. Unfortunately, the fun was ruined as the man at the wheel just laughed loudly and heartily.

"At this point, we get most of our pay from running him around, we're almost part of the navy nowadays," the man explained between chuckles. The ship had once been nothing more than a merchant vessel, but after all this time it had taken on a role more suited to the one Kimihiro found himself in. 

"If you were part of the navy, I'd get to rename the ship~"
the Kaguya stated, sticking his tongue out at the helmsman.

Word Count: 345
Tags:

Eleri has written 106 posts
HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!May 16, 2023 18:52:54 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday september 23 rank chuunin occupation mizukage bodyguard

Daichi fell for Kimihiro’s innocently-posed question hook, line, and sinker, his lone eye widening as he thought of all the damage control he’d have to do when they got back to shore—taking a ship without approval, it’d be a nightmare—

But the helmsman gave up the bit, and as soon as Daichi realized he was being teased, he let out a relieved, if aggravated, sigh.

"Rename it Ijime-kko, he grumbled, fighting back a smile.

The ship was small, quick, and they were nearly in what Daichi considered the mission zone, where the hammer could drop at any moment. He settled himself cross-legged on the deck, preparing to what he always accepted as his part of the job: sensing.

"If you’re done teasing me, can you come touch—put a hand on my shoulder or something?”

Daichi almost said touch me, then reconsidered his verbiage at the last second, a pink flush rising up his neck. Best not to give the other man any more cannon fodder. He took a deep breath, his eyes closing, and pushed his chakra out, casting as wide a net as he could, until he prickled with awareness over the full kilometer radius.

"I need to focus on the sensory technique, but it’ll be useful if I can just transmit the information directly to you.”

LAIKA OF THQ

感知伝々 | Kanchi Denden
[Sensing Transmission]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium - Very High
RANGE: Arm's reach [Direct contact]
REQUIREMENT: Sensor SA
DESCRIPTION:
By making physical contact with another individual, the user is able to transmit what they are currently sensing directly into the said target's mind.

HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!May 17, 2023 7:58:14 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 4/4 rank Special Jounin occupation Sixth Seat of the Seven Swordsmen

Kaguya Kimihiro

The Kaguya couldn't help but cackle at the suggested name for the ship, a grin spreading across his face, "Ijime-kko ka? Not entirely inaccurate ne?" he asked the helmsman, who shook his head with a laugh. The ship was relatively small, and yet it definitely had taken on its fair share of larger vessels. A bully was almost an accurate term for it, though Kimihiro also thought it tended to match his Hunter-nin label of 'Mozu', the shrike... also known as the butcher-bird.

Kimihiro's laughter swelled up again at Daichi's words, the white haired man shaking his head languidly, "You'll find Dai-hai that I will never be done teasing~" he commented as he stepped closer to the larger male, his petite and pale hand coming to rest on the broad shoulder. His grip was firm, but not too strong, he was aware of how breakable others were in comparison to his own strength. 

"What big, strong shoulders you have Dai-hai~" he added, a seductive lilt to his words as he gently squeezed the younger man's shoulder, the grin on his face indicative of how serious he was.

With that he fell silent while he waited for Daichi to try and feel out their target, crimson eyes looking out over the horizon as they he could will the pirate's ship to simply appear before them. For all his teasing and joking, Kimihiro was getting ready to slaughter some pirates, especially ones that were doing what these had been.

He couldn't wait.

Word Count: 250
Tags:
Mission Count: 4/20

HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!May 18, 2023 3:00:28 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Daichi’s back straightened, swallowing imperceptibly. Dai-hai. Cute. Kind of like something Kyoko would’ve called him when they were kids—

Kimihiro’s small, porcelain hand fell on Daichi’s shoulder, and he pushed the thought out of his mind. Wires crossing. He did not need his sister on the brain. Focus.

Kimi’s hand was petite, delicate, his fingers spindly and long like a musician’s. The strength behind his grip was deceptive, though; he could feel the weight of what Kimihiro wasn’t using, power withheld like the tension of a drawn bowstring.

A squeeze. The pink flush crept its way up to his cheeks and ears. Daichi cleared his throat, shifting in place to shed the prickling of his skin and attune his focus to the task at hand.

"You know they’re just for show,” he said weakly, trying to deflect. He felt—warm. Kimihiro had a way of spinning any and everything he said into an innuendo, and even a perfectly neutral observation could somehow still sound…

Focus.

A pulse of chakra, shoulder to hand, and he tethered Kimihiro’s mind to his own, the sensory transmitting with every internal blip of his mental machine. The bully-ship sailed merrily along, cutting smoothly through the waves.

Only two pings at first, civilian-grade, hardly more notable than the dim background noise of the sea life that swam beneath them. Daichi almost dismissed it as a merchant vessel, or maybe some kind of fishing boat.

But as the Inaka Maru closed the distance, another hundred meters, he realized—it was only a dinghy, en route to a much larger vessel.

"Nine hundred meters, one o'clock,” Daichi called to the helmsman. He could do with that information what he liked, but the sooner he had it, the better.

Now that the main ship was within his range, both Daichi and Kimihiro could get the full scope of the situation: twelve civilian-grade chakra signatures, and one that indicated dedicated training. At least a chuunin-level, if Daichi had to guess, but it could be hard to tell based on signature and pool alone. Was that the self-styled Pirate King, or someone else?

"Smaller crew than I thought a Pirate King would have,” Daichi said, his eye cracking open to glance at Kimihiro. "How do you want to handle this?”

LAIKA OF THQ
last edit by yamaguchi daichi on May 18, 2023 3:08:43 GMT -5
HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!May 30, 2023 7:34:50 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

"And what a show they are Dai-hai~" Kimihiro teased with a sharp grin, even as his mind was connected to the other man's sensory skills. It wasn't really anything he had much experience with, his mind trying to properly process what it was he was being shown as Daichi searched their surroundings for chakra signatures.

When the larger male called out a heading, Kimihiro was able to focus his attention enough to pick up on what it was that he was sensing, the feeling of a large number of people in the middle of the ocean drawing his 'gaze' even as the deck beneath his feet dipped with a creaking of timbers as the ship began to turn. Practically racing across the top of the ocean as the crew readied themselves for the upcoming conflict, Kimihiro looked over at Daichi, letting go of his shoulder as he streched his slim body in preparation for the fight.

"I doubt that's it, there's somethin' more to it to be sure," he stated, staring out across the ocean to where the ship was clearly visible.

Fancy, larger than their own ship, and obviously armed with at least a few ballistae. The ship would not be able to get too close lest it risk being damaged.

"We're not required to be stealthy, so we could do a full on attack. The ship can't get close so we'd have to approach another way. What sort of range do you have? Are you gonna need to be on the frontline?" the Kaguya asked, even as he considered his approach vector and how he was going to take on the ship.

He wasn't inclined to be overly fancy this time around.

Word Count: 284
Tags:
Mission Count: 6/20

HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!Jun 20, 2023 3:06:21 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Focus focus focus. Kimihiro was just teasing, trying to make him flustered, because that was just… what he did. (He was succeeding, but that was beside the point.) They were too close to the enemy now for Daichi to be anything less than laser-focused, and as the chakra signatures blipped into his awareness he willed his self-consciousness to melt away.

It only partially worked, but it was good enough.

"There might be a raiding party out,” Daichi said, rolling his own shoulders in an unconscious imitation of Kimi’s stretching. "In which case we’ll have to be prepared for the ship to get reinforcements down the line.”

He grimaced slightly, considering Kimihiro’s question. "Mid-range,” he said, his nose wrinkling. "Barriers and seals, primarily, but I can work with wherever you want to put me. Uhm—if I can get below deck, I can rig some explosives to start sinking the ship, which should help some. Oh, and here—I don’t want to take any chances with that one shinobi on board.”

Three handseals and a relatively minimal expenditure of chakra was a low price to pay for peace of mind; Daichi hated dealing with genjutsu, and would rather Kimihiro be more prepared than not. A gentle press to Kimihiro’s forehead would place the seal, a small degree of insurance in case their target had any aptitude with genjutsu.

LAIKA OF THQ

NAME: Futaishō Shīru [Genjutsu Intolerance Seal]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Fūinjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 3
DESCRIPTION:
This Seal requires 3 hand signs to perform and must be applied to the head of the target/person in question. Once in place the seal links itself directly to the persons mind and sustains itself by altering the flow of chakra to go through it. The seal activates if any foreign chakra or influence affects the chakra around the brain causing the person in question to suffer a shot lived if not inconsiderable jolt of pain by shocking nearby nerves. This seal serves as an effective means to inform the individual if he is under a genjutsu and can dispel genjutsu techniques by means of the moderate pain it causes. This seal must be placed on a person prior to a genjutsu attack to be effective and thus is of limited use once battle commences. It does not cost any chakra to maintain due to the seal being largely dormant most of the time.

HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!Jul 6, 2023 2:03:53 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Taking everything into consideration, it seemed they'd need to do a quick hit to take over the enemy ship, and hopefully prevent them from sinking their own ship. "I don't think we want to sink the enemy ship. Firstly, capturing it would be really useful in the long term. Look at that thing, it's gotta be worth a lot~" he mused, crimson gaze focused on the large vessel that they were racing towards, "also, if there's a raiding party like you suggested, we could clear the ship and then lay an ambush. I'll go ahead and clear the projectile weapons so our ship isn't at risk. You support me as best you can until the Inaka Maru can get close enough for you to join."

Honestly, the pirates had a solid flagship that would be very good to fold into Kiri's own, especially as it seemed to have three methods of locomotion. It'd be a really nice bonus to keep it for themselves.

Blinking slightly as the other shinobi touched his forehead, nose scrunching at the tingling of foreign chakra that led to a tiny, precious sounding sneeze as his sinuses protested the sensation before shooting the other male a crooked grin.

"Captain-san! I'm gonna neutralise the ballistae, get Dai-hai close enough to get on board then keep at a safe distance. We'll try and prevent anyone from boarding~" he announced as he drew Kubikiribocho from the seal on his palm, the massive blade appearing in his hand with little more than a small rush of chakra as he began to move, picking up full speed and leaping from the bow of the ship as he charged towards their target on foot.

From the sounds on board the pirate ship, they had not been ready for Shinobi, and the sight of an enemy coming at them in such a way had stirred up a panic. That was good, that meant that the captain was probably elsewhere right now. Cackling loudly as he charged, Kimihiro's entire body would seem to flicker into a burst of electricity as he utilised Raippo, shooting forward far faster than even Daichi would likely be able to see, the Sixth Seat appearing on one of the gunwales and slashing downwards to neatly decapitate the two men manning the closest ballista before blurring into action.

From the Inaka Maru, he would seem to appear and disappear over and over again, a single pose of completed slashes as the massive blade he wieldied cut through the pirate crew like a scythe through wheat. In the close quarters of a ship, every slash with his blade could hit two or more people.

He hadn't stopped laughing the whole time.

Word Count: 450
Tags:
Mission Count: 8/20

HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!Oct 2, 2023 2:12:27 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Daichi was moderately disappointed to be told that he wasn’t going to get to blow up the ship—he was a little more fond of explosives than he tended to let on—but he manfully concealed his regret with a firm nod and acknowledgement of the plan his senior laid out. From a range his best option for support would be laying down cover fire: enhancing his shuriken and kunai to distract the enemy and keep them off Kimi’s back while he took down the ballistae.

His heart seized in his chest when Kimi sneezed, because it was the most delicate, adorable thing he’d ever heard in his life; but he hurriedly pushed the thought out of his mind, because it was time to act.

He felt comically helpless as Kimihiro churned through the pirate ship’s crew like a knife through butter: he was artistry in motion in the way that art was not always beautiful but certainly made him feel something, though it was difficult to parse out what, exactly, those feelings were.

Though Kimi was too quick for Daichi to be able to reliably visually track, the ship was close enough now that he could keep loose tabs on Kimi’s approximate location through sensory, and used that to his advantage in distracting some of the remaining crew that weren’t immediately engaged with the Sixth Seat. Katon-aspected chakra whirling hot and dangerous around the sharp edge of his shuriken, he laid down a wide volley of covering fire—not a deadly assault by any means, but enough to keep multiple enemies from ganging up on Kimi while he was otherwise occupied.

When the redshirts manning the ballistae were carved up like so many Halloween pumpkins, the Inaka Maru was able to pull close enough for the much less agile Daichi to shunshin on board, joining the fray to assist in cleaning up the stragglers at the far end of the ship. Once on deck, he had a much clearer picture of the sensory map of the ship’s occupants—and that one strong chakra signature was rapidly approaching.

"Chuunin-grade coming up from below-deck,” Daichi called to Kimihiro, wrangling in close combat with one of the pirates. "Flanked by two civilian-grade.”

LAIKA OF THQ

NAME: Katon: Faia Tama no Jutsu [Fire Release: Fire Projectiles]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
ELEMENT: 火 Katon | Fire
DESCRIPTION:
Activated by two handseals [ Horse then Tiger]. A skill where the user gathering their fire chakra they imbue it into their projectiles. Releasing them from their hands, spiraling about they catch flame in order to add to the damage of those projectiles. This technique can be utilized with Shuriken, Kunai, and Senbon.

NAME: Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
By invigorating one's entire body with chakra, a shinobi can seemingly disappear and reappear in another location faster than most people can see. Often times one's movements are disguised with the use of an extra element, be it a smoke bomb, leaves, water, sand, etc. in order to hide the user's trajectory from those with skilled eyes. Though it mimics teleportation, it is important to remember this jutsu merely boosts the agility of its user. As useful as this technique is, it can only be used 4 times in a battle thread, compounding in exertion and difficulty each time. with any more usages beyond that result in muscle tears in the legs from overexertion. The hand seal for this technique must be held until the shinobi reaches their destination, making it impossible to utilize other techniques regardless of any preparation.

last edit by yamaguchi daichi on Oct 2, 2023 2:13:13 GMT -5
HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!Oct 7, 2023 2:44:24 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Kimihiro might have felt sorry for the pirates that he was currently slicing through, but honestly if they had wanted safety they shouldn't have gotten involved in activities that drew the attention of Kirigakure. If Kubikiribocho was good for anything, it was definitley as a deck sweeper, each swipe of the massive blade humming through the air and ending with multiple injured enemies, the Kaguya barely had to aim to hit someone. Sure, a weaker wielder might have difficulty forcing the weapon through so much at once, but he was deceptively strong for his size.

Part of his mind noticed and acknowledged Daichi's contribution to the fight, but mostly in terms of the removal of targets, as he was far more focused in the kills that he was making, too caught up in flying limbs and spraying blood. It was... almost too simple, too basic, too easy for him, and so the declaration that someone of a stronger quality was coming up to the deck had him grinning wildly, the Kaguya spinning in place and making his way towards stairs, getting himself into position to meet the chuunin level enemy head on, his body coated in blood his sharp teeth gleamining in the dim light.

After dropping Daichi off the Inaka Maru peeled away as quickly as it could, the smaller merchant ship getting well clear of the much more dangerous pirate vessel while staying close enough that it could pick up the shinobi when they were done.

Meanwhile Daichi himself was left facing off one of the crewmen, the man wielding a large curved sword in one hand quite easily, his other hand holding what looked like a small crossbow, armed and ready to fire should he need it.

"Yer mine!" the pirate exclaimed as he darted forward, saber slicing through the air towards the chuunin.

Word Count: 308
Tags:
Mission Count: 10/20

HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!Oct 10, 2023 7:18:38 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

There was a brief pause after Kimihiro got into position: he would hear the thundering of footsteps up a short flight of stairs, and then nothing but the sound of Daichi’s own struggle in the background… before the door to the below-deck was blown off its hinges, splintering apart as a hulking body barreled through, screaming a wordless battle cry.

He held a sword in one hand, a hand-and-a-halfer not nearly as imposing as the Executioner’s Blade, but threatening nonetheless; his other hand was rapidly cycling through a series of handseals. The pirate swung his blade wildly—though apparently not with intent to make contact, but rather to reflect a gleam of moonlight into Kimihiro’s eyes, attempting to disorient him with a genjutsu before following up with a more focused slash, channeling fuuton chakra through the blade just as he believed it was about to make contact.

Daichi was on the back foot in his own fight, being less than skilled in close-quarters-combat, but he gritted his teeth and steadied himself. As the pirate lunged towards him, he quickly formed two handseals, stretching a thin barrier over his body and lifting his left arm to block the pirate’s blow, grasping the blade of the weapon with his bare hand.

With his free hand, he lunged forward, yanking an explosive tag from his pouch and attempting to slap it onto the shaft of the pirate’s crossbow, trying to set up a future bomb while also knocking the weapon away from Daichi’s own vitals.

LAIKA OF THQ

[loose pirate stats: chuunin, buki/gen, access to single handseals + strength SA]

PIRATE USED:

NAME: Yuganda Shiroku no Jutsu [Distorted Vision Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Low | To Maintain: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
HANDSEALS: 0
TRIGGER: Visual
DESCRIPTION:
This technique is triggered by reflecting light off a metallic surface into the target's eyes. It is a simple Genjutsu which slightly alters the opponent's field of vision. The user will appear to be slightly displaced than reality, much like looking at a fish through water. This will cause the target to believe the user is in a slightly different position , approximately half a foot different than reality. The user is able to choose in the moment what direction they seemed to be shifted. This technique is useful for hand-to-hand combat as the opponent is likely to dodge into your attack.

NAME: Ittoryu: Oni Giri [One Sword Style: Demon Slash]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
ELEMENT: Fuuton
PREREQUISITE: Chakra Conductive/Fuuton Reactive Blade
DESCRIPTION: A technique wherein the user rapidly channels Fuuton chakra into their blade the moment before a strike is meant to land, increasing the attacks cutting power without altering an enemy to the fact, as the attack itself will have already been launched. Should the enhanced cut land, it is capable of dealing deep rends in a person’s flesh, severing limbs at the joints, and even cutting through chainmail.

DAICHI USED:

NAME: Kekkai no Yoroi (Barrier Armor)
TECH TYPE: univeral | Ninjutsu
CHAKRA USAGE: High/ Very Low to maintain
DESCRIPTION:
The user creates a small barrier on the very outside of their skin. While this barrier is not anywhere near as resilient as other barriers because of how stretched thin it is, a normal punch being able to break it, it does protect the user from the brunt of all but the most serious attacks. Its effectiveness comes from the fact that it requires no chakra to maintain and is self repairing. However while repairing it is no longer effective and requires two whole post for the armor to becoming functional again after being hit with anything resembling an actual attack, though being hit with things that would not truly count as an attack would not break it. Requires two hand seals.
last edit by yamaguchi daichi on Oct 10, 2023 7:18:55 GMT -5
HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!Nov 8, 2023 6:07:30 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

The grin grew wider as the opponent came barrelling into view, Kimihiro's teeth visibly sharpening in reaction to his excitement, starting to more resemble the jagged teeth popular amongst Kiri-nin. Ducking out of the reflected light the moment it threatened his sight, he felt the dull echoing pain that emerged from his forehead as the seal that Daichi placed there automatically dispelled the genjutsu. It almost made him sneeze again, the chakra tickling his sinuses in an odd way.

The chuunin wasn't bad, but compared to Kimihiro he was just... adequate. With that in mind, and having become bored with the chaff he had cut through, the Kaguya brought his sword up to 'block' his opponent's blade, well aware of the futon that was swirling around the smaller weapon. The enhanced weapon began to carve through his sword, though he twisted it in such a way as to direct the jutsu reinforced edge out of position, using the circular hole in kubirkiribocho to throw off the strike due to a change in resistance.

"Ara~ Seems your sword is sharp~" he teased even as he followed through with a slice of his own, the jagged tip of his weapon lashing out to carve a furrow in the chuunin's thigh, something that would bleed heavily but not be fatal.

"But is it sharp enough?~"

The pirate seemed surprised by Daichi grabbing his sword, a frown crossing the man's features as he brought his hand crossbow up, intending to put the quarrel into the young man without further fuss. Unfortunately for him the weapon was slapped aside, and he wasn't quite as familiar with shinobi as he probably should have been, because he didn't notice the tag that ended up stuck to the weapon.

"When I get my hands on you..." the pirate growled, putrid breath washing over Daichi as rotting teeth gnashed close to his face. The pirate was tugging at his sword to try and get it back from Daichi even as he swung the crossbow forward once more, intent on forcing the shinobi to let go one way or the other.

Word Count: 351
Tags:
Mission Count: 12/20

HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!Dec 24, 2023 8:28:05 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

With as much presence as Kubirkiribocho held, Kimihiro himself was so petite and delicate that the pirate assumed he had this bout well in hand. Surely he was stronger, yes? Faster, more skilled?

But his sword slipped harmlessly through the hole in Kimi’s blade; the pirate grunted as his trajectory was thrown off course, growing visibly frustrated as he realized that his genjutsu had taken hold and was immediately dispelled. Rather than let himself be thrown off balance, the pirate let go of his sword and it skittered across the surface of the deck, leaving him free to attempt to dodge… but he wasn’t quite fast enough, and he took a vicious slice to the thigh for his efforts, causing his leg to buckle and his knee to hit the deck.

In this moment of vulnerability he began weaving handseals, a trigger for another genjutsu: disguising the true movements of his hands as he drew a number of kunai and began preparing for a new onslaught. Kimi might recognize them as the handseals needed for a fuuton ninjutsu technique, a commonly-used B-rank that fired off dense projectiles of compressed wind chakra.

Daichi’s nose crinkled with disgust but he held his ground. He caught the sword in his hand, his barrier armor shattering with the force of the contact, and was able to quickly slap an explosive tag onto the crossbow. The pirate didn’t seem to notice or understand exactly what that entailed, which was a lucky break for Daichi; trap in place, he needed to get some distance lest he blow himself up alongside the pirate.

Letting go of the sword, Daichi jerked back to avoid the pointy end of the crossbow. As soon as his hands were free, he formed a single handseal and flash-stepped as far away as he could without ending up in the middle of Kimi’s bout, and then set off the explosive. With any luck that would be the end of the guy… though, not wanting to take any chances, Daichi activated his vitality detection, crimson eyes glowing in the dark, to confirm his kill before moving on to help Kimi.

Some hundred meters away, a dinghy made its way across the waves, a thick-bearded, hook-handed man barking orders as the half-dozen pirates buried in the spoils of conquest rowed at a blistering pace, propelled by some kind of suiton ninjutsu.

"Reinforcements coming from the south!” Daichi yelled. "Another strong signature and more civilian-grade! They’ll be rowing past the Inaka Maru in less than a minute!”

LAIKA OF THQ

PIRATE USED:

NAME: Ato Rigen [Pride Cometh Before The Fall]
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
TRIGGER: Visual
DESCRIPTION:

There is nothing better than outsmarting one's opponent. This Genjutsu seeks to play on that. A visual Genjutsu that is activated by seeing the user interlocking their fingers, from there the technique begins. It will appear as though the target is performing a Ninjutsu technique that is most familiar to the user. If a target is someone who does not utilize any handseals, this will not affect them.

In reality, the visual Genjutsu masks the user's hands, free to do whatever: throw a Kunai, perform a different technique, whatever would please them.

DAICHI USED:

NAME: Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
HANDSEALS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
By invigorating one's entire body with chakra, a shinobi can seemingly disappear and reappear in another location faster than most people can see. Often times one's movements are disguised with the use of an extra element, be it a smoke bomb, leaves, water, sand, etc. in order to hide the user's trajectory from those with skilled eyes. Though it mimics teleportation, it is important to remember this jutsu merely boosts the agility of its user. As useful as this technique is, it can only be used 4 times in a battle thread, compounding in exertion and difficulty each time. with any more usages beyond that result in muscle tears in the legs from overexertion. The hand seal for this technique must be held until the shinobi reaches their destination, making it impossible to utilize other techniques regardless of any preparation.

[second use]

HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!Dec 27, 2023 8:18:07 GMT -5
Kaguya Kimihiro
Kaguya Kimihiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kaguya Kimihiro

Maybe he might have been more considerate of what was happening, but his blade had drawn blood, the slice that had cut into the massive weapon healed by his opponent's own blood, and Kimihiro like Kubikiribocho could scent it in the air. He didn't care what his opponent was doing, it wasn't aimed at his ship, or his partner, it was aimed at him, and... well, he had survived worse than this man. Let him form his seals, let him try to survive a little longer, Kimihiro didn't care.

He... didn't... C̴͖̓͝ ̷̪̳̏̓̌A̶͎͗̉͠ ̷̧̭̆̄̈́͜R̶̗̙̓͑͊ͅ ̶̭̻͂̔̐E̵̪̎͒̅͜

With a casual, almost careless motion that somehow still expressed every bit of speed and strength that he concealed within his petite frame, Kimihiro's weapon sprung out at the man as he unleashed Kaisuikaga on him, intending to bisect his opponent in a single move. His eyes were slightly glazed, but somehow clearly still alert. His left arm began to contort, bones sliding out of the forearm and compressing into a sturdy, solid, drill like shape as he prepared for what would come next.

If the man he was fighting was still alive, the very first thing he would do would be to slam the two meter long drill into him and put him out of Kimihiro's misery. 

After all, he had bigger fish to fry now, if Daichi's words were to be believed.

Daichi's opponent let out a scream has his weapon detonated, and his hand went with it. He was battered and slowly losing life, but the Kiri-nin's eyes would pick out that the man was clinging to it even if just barely.

"You'll pay for that you worm!" the pirate yelled as he charged blindly through the smoke of the tag, weapon raised high as he tried to get his revenge for the injuries he had received. Charred, bleeding from his stump, and possibly missing an eye, he wouldn't be a hard target for the Chuunin to finish off.

Word Count: 327
Tags:
Mission Count: 14/20
Combat Info

Relevant SAs

Startling Strength

As one of the Kaguya's Kekkai Genkai wielders Kimihiro was trained in the arts of close combat and deadly taijutsu from a young age. This brutally punishing training regime ensure that despite his slender build and small size, he is significantly stronger than he has any right to be. His focus and skill in taijutsu has made it certain that few Tokubetsu Jounin can match him in raw strength.

The White Storm

Any Shikotsumyaku user who wants to live long enough to hit double digits needs to be fast, and Kimihiro is one of them. Quick and light on his feet, his small form and intense physical training has ensured that he is amongst the fastest of his rank.

Jutsu Used

Kaisuikaga [Running Current Fang]

[RANK] B

[CHAKRA USAGE] Low

[CLASSIFICATION] Bukijutsu

[DESC.]

Placing great speed and power behind a single swipe or thrust, the user will deliver an iron-rending strike against whatever is on the receiving end of the sword. The sword will split the air (or water) around its edge or tip, creating a splitting vacuum within a meter in the direction of every attack, one that can even halve an incoming fireball. This force can only cut through flesh, but adds an unseen range to the weapon, even if it is avoided.

NAME: Tessenka no Mai: Hana [Dance of the Clematis: Flower]

CHAKRA USAGE: Very High

CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu // Kekkei Genkai

ELEMENT: If applicable.

DESCRIPTION:

By manipulating the bones in their forearm, the user will create a two meter long drill like protrusion, reaching up past their elbow. To obtain the strongest-absolute hardest density of the bone, a considerable amount of chakra is needed. Enhanced to the highest degree-maximum solidity due to the dense compression, the bone weapon is exceedingly large. Due to the strength of the bone, the point is sharp enough to slice through stone like a hot knife through butter, and through tin metal such as swords. The weapon is devastating when used against a person, tearing the flesh, bone and armour apart like nothing and when used against a large group of people by a Taijutsu master. Despite it's size, it weighs very little and can be wielded // Kekkei Genkai with blinding speed.

HOOK OR ME THIS TIME!Jan 15, 2024 8:05:06 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Kimi’s opponent tried in vain to prepare a new attack, flinging a series of kunai with startling accuracy at Kimi’s chest and midsection… but his effort was for naught. As he jerked back from the vicious swipe of the massive sword, he was caught by its invisible range, a deep gouge slicing across his chest in a gorey spurt of viscera. For a few precious moments more he clung to the tattered remains of his life, but it was quickly snuffed out, having become too boring of a plaything for Kimihiro to bother with any longer.

As Daichi’s vitality detection lit up like a crimson beacon, he saw that while his opponent was bloodied and maimed, barely still standing, he was still alive in spite of it all. Daichi had the brief thought that he might need to start carrying a katana or something—something with enough reach to make melee combat a little more feasible for him—but pushed it aside in favor of pulling a number of shuriken from the pouch on his right leg, throwing three in quick succession at the man’s head and throat. Hopefully enough to finish him off for good, but Daichi scrambled to pick up Kimihiro’s dead opponent’s sword just in case.

A good number of the signatures on the dinghy had stopped near the Inaka Maru, while the Captain and two honor guard continued on towards the pirate ship. "The strong signature—Captain I think, tokujo—is right on us, plus two civilian-grade, but the Inaka Maru is under attack.” Daichi’s indecision was clear—help the crew of the Inaka Maru, or hang back and support Kimi? The glazed-over look in Kimi’s eyes was making the hair on the back of his neck stand up, and he was feeling simultaneously the urge to stick close by Kimi’s side, his gut coiling with warmth--and the urge to run very, very far away.

The pirate captain wove two handseals and conjured a dense water clone into being alongside him—sturdier and stronger than even the standard advanced water clone seemed to be, and with a final surge of suiton chakra leapt up onto the deck of the pirate ship alongside his clone and two civilian guards.

"This here be my ship,” he snarled at the two shinobi, "so ye’d best be sayin’ yer prayers.”

LAIKA OF THQ

loose enemy Captain stats: tokujou, tai/nin, access to speed & suiton enhancements

NAME: Jōkyū Mizu Kurōn [Advanced Water Clone]
ELEMENT: Suiton
HANDSEALS: 2
DESCRIPTION:

A simple two seals for a strong support. A clone made up of a stronger concentrated and highly packed amount of water. This offers both a great durability/defense and an incredible offense. It can take a few punches and kicks. Anything stronger than it's own composition will force it to explode though. A large wave of water will emit to throw back anyone close, a large puddle reaching 10 meters will rest in it's place. Bruising can be caused in point blank range. The clone can't perform any elemental jutsu other than it's own element; suiton. Though it's limited to a medium amount of chakra; it's own composure. Once that amount is drained, it'll disperse without an explosion; a dud.