National Defense Board [Kusagakure Internal Affairs]

compose a reply
National Defense Board [Kusagakure Internal Affairs]May 7, 2023 16:18:22 GMT -5
Nakahara Ichī
Isn't Autumn the prettiest season?
Nakahara Ichī Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday September 10th rank Chunin occupation Jūdaime Kusa Lord

Building Renovations

MISSION RANK: D
NPC REQUIRED: No
RANDOM MISSION SCENARIO: Disabled

PARTICIPANTS:
| | | for Ten'ei
| for Mogura Oka
| for Nokoribi
| for Kusa no Umi
| for Otama
| for Daimyo no Kakato
| for Hisui no Heiya

DESCRIPTION:
Everything needs repairs on occasion, but recently a call went out for mass renovations! Touching on all of the locations in Nohara no Kuni as a whole, this inwardly domestic renovation is an all hands on deck mission! Noth just for the shinobi, but all of the Ashigaru as well. Go out to a location and renovate the structures of the town with the materials you are provided.

[This mission is repeatable for each of Kusa's major locations. There is no order, but the locations are as follows: Kusa no Umi [Fort], Hisui no Heiya [Fort], Semi no Rakuen [Fort], Otama [City], Korogi Inaka [Fort], Daimyo no Kakato [Fort], Noraneko Bokujo [Fort], Kawauchi [City], Midori Oka [Fort], Ten'ei [City], Mogura Oka [Fort], Nokoribi [Fort], Kusagakure no Sato [City]]

[Note: Allies can join this mission]

Lessons in Guerilla Warefare

MISSION RANK: D

PARTICIPANTS:
|
DESCRIPTION:
Utilization of terrain is important, and teaching other's that importance as well is strong. Especially in mass! Along those lines, groups are being sent out to conduct mock battles! The objective: Utilize terrrain over raw power! As this takes place in the Hummingbird Forest, damage to the forest and animals within is STRICTLY prohibited, so careful about what your using!

[Note: Allies can join this mission]

Researching the Forest [Pt. 1]

MISSION RANK: C

PARTICIPANTS:
| |
DESCRIPTION:
With the ever growing need to straighten up defenses in the nation of Nohara no Kuni, none of its natural defenses truly match up to its most powerful deterrent: Chimamire no kinoko no mori. The mission is to manage entry, within the proper gear, and collect samples of the spores from various fungi inside. Wearing proper equipment will be an absolute necessity for those involved as everything within the fungal forest is incredibly toxic. Mistakes inside can and will kill participants, beware taking on this job.

[Note: Allies can not join this mission]

Digging in Your Heels [Pt. 1]

PARTICIPANTS:
|
| |
DESCRIPTION:
Large Scale projects have begun moving inside of Kusagakure. Primarily the excavation of a mass tunnel system. With the help of Ashigaru, and good few others digging is now a job that the shinobi handle. Head to the designated location and start digging, this project will take time, and the faster you dig in, the faster we can consider this project a safe gambit! Be careful though of causing cave ins, we cant afford to lose anyone.

[Repeatable twice]

Digging in Your Heels [Pt. 2]

PARTICIPANTS:
-- | -- | --
DESCRIPTION:
A cavern was discovered attached to the end of one of the tunnels and upon exploration it seems to lead to a multitude of massive underground chambers. Investigate the space and crack open the stone below to try and create space. We may be able to build down here if enough space is opened. Watch out for any threats that may be down there with you!

[Note 1: Allies can not join this mission]
[Note 2: Digging in Your Heels Pt. 1 must be completed twice before this mission may be taken.]

Digging in Your Heels [Pt. 3]

MISSION RANK: B

PARTICIPANTS:
| -- | --
DESCRIPTION:
The caverns have been secured, and progress on the tunnel system has become extensive. Keep up the good work! There has been a large infestation of insects and other creatures below though since we began this project, and most worrying is that the largest cavern is attached below Chimamire no kinoko no mori. Clear out the cavern without breaking surface. Remember your oxygen masks, and further remember to cover yourself.

[Note 2: Part 1 and 2 must be completed before this mission may be taken.]

Researching the Forest [Pt. 2]

MISSION RANK: B

PARTICIPANTS:
| -- | --
DESCRIPTION:
The initial research was a success! Now to do the actual research portion of the mission. With the goal to begin the process of weaponizing the natural treasure trove of fungal poisons, create a working prototype of a spore bomb for the nation's defense. The details of this mission are a secret and all those involved must not speak of it outside of work. Be careful as Chimamire no kinoko no mori spores never quite get any less deadly from time spent away from the forst. Careful with the prototype though as setting it off may cause an explosion of spore that could cause too much damage since a fungicide has not been manufactured yet. If it does start to spread, contain and destroy all traces of the bomb.

[Note 2: Part 1 must be completed before this mission may be taken.]
[Note 3: Participant with Poison SA necessary]

Researching the Forest [Pt. 3]

MISSION RANK: A
NPC REQUIRED: Yes

PARTICIPANTS:
-- | -- | --
DESCRIPTION:
Research is reaching a peak as the creation of the spore bomb grows closer to completion. The concentrated rapid expansion of the deathly poisonous spores of Chimamire no kinoko no mori is finally coming to recognition. Its not quite complete yet though, the spores need to expand into small forms of the deadly forest. Something containable in the event it must be used, but still a natural deterrent. An antidote fungicide needs to also still be completed for the deathly poison. Both jobs will require a lot of work and as with all fungus from Chimamire, they can kill with very little exposure, do not make a mistake here - it can and will kill you. Worse yet is that the bomb and fungicide need living subjects for testing, test it upon one of yourselves. Success is up to you all.

[Note 2: Part 1 and 2 must be completed before this mission may be taken.]
[Note 3: Participant with Poison SA necessary, participant with a Medical Specialization HIGHLY recommended]

To Protect One's Home

MISSION RANK: A
NPC REQUIRED: Yes - Up to the Players [Digging] | Needed [Research]

PARTICIPANTS:
-- | -- | --
DESCRIPTION:
What are you willing to do for your homeland? For many the answer is lukewarm, but in Nohara no Kuni the love for their nation is the lifeblood that pumps the people's veins. Lifetimes worth of hardship has expanded this thought. In that sense, no one's willingness to fight is stronger when in defense of Nohara's own. Tasked to all members of Kusagakure's shinobi, the nation is to be trapped. Prepare to burn away everything to win, the country like grass, will always sprout back.

Mission Objective:

[Digging in Your Heels]
Finish the dig, and carve out the caverns below. Finalizing the creation of the underground travel system between the cities above and the newly founded Kusa no Shita. [Finish the creation of an underground defense and travel system around all of Nohara no Kuni and finish the construction of an underground city. This will create a literal sub-level travel system and the first underground city throughout the country.]

[Researching the Forest]
Set the deathly spore traps across the nation and prep them for use. Be careful not to be seen on the borders, and more careful not to set off the one's inside of populated areas of Nohara no Kuni. Secondly, do not get spotted with your work, the locations are designated, but the work is not one that needs to be known to the civilians at all. Getting caught is akin to immediate mission failure. [Place a massive spore bomb into every major location of Nohara no Kuni and along the border - You will want multiple hands.]

[Repeatable Once after the completion of all missions named Digging in Your Heels or Researching the Forest]

last edit by Nakahara Ichī on Apr 14, 2024 6:11:16 GMT -5
Toffee has written 247 posts
National Defense Board [Kusagakure Internal Affairs]May 14, 2023 2:08:22 GMT -5
cocoa
Reflect carefully upon your actions.
cocoa Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday rank occupation
Only a few small requests/edits/inquiries here:

Digging in Your Heels [Pt. 1]: Could you give an idea of the kind of threat shinobi will face in this environment just so players who take this mission have an idea of what to write? For the cavern mission it's a little clearer, but for the digging mission players might lack concepts - cave-ins, etc.

The Hands of the Ashigaru, We trust: Could I get a little more clarification of what the actual goal of this mission is? How are you proving yourself to the Daimyo? Why would random shinobi be sent to discuss affairs with the Daimyo instead of the village leader herself? There needs to be more expansion on this concept.

Researching the Forest [Pt. 3]: I would say someone with a poison SA (or a medic nin or puppeteer) would be required for this mission.

To Protect One's Home: While the spore bomb mission set seems reasonable for an A-rank, I'm a little unclear on what the digging in your heels mission set accomplishes here that isn't finished in the others. Could you provide more detail on the actual end goal/plan, similar to the outline you give for the forest research set?

Cocoa has written 196 posts
National Defense Board [Kusagakure Internal Affairs]May 14, 2023 12:55:29 GMT -5
Nakahara Ichī
Nakahara Ichī Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday September 10th rank Chunin occupation Jūdaime Kusa Lord
The Hands of the Ashigaru, We trust - For context to why this mission is written as it is, speaking with J. on the specific tasks that spawned these missions may be necessary on an OOC note. But public note, as I understand the IC implication, Kanoh is busy with International level politics. The other portion is the fact that J. is still necessary to the mission regardless, they control the daimyo and as I believe its best to let somethings develop naturally in character the 'proof' needed to me should be specific to what the NPC leader sees fit AT THAT TIME.

As for the point of the mission, it is like most of this board; missions furthering the defensive capabilities of the nation. This mission's rank and what is meant to be accomplished is hard and should not be something guaranteed to succeed, but the concept is that the Ashigaru would be trained more heavily. Closing the gap between commoner soldier and genin / chunin level shinobi as well as focusing their training on something they already practice to some regard which is anti-shinobi tactics.

To Protect One's Home - These are an oddity of missions because they are taking the long trail of missions it took to get here (Researching the Forest being the shortest still sitting near 55-65 posts before this mission is taken). This is the mission that results in the tasks finalization, so while the others set up and handle much of the trail this is essentially the 'conclusion' of the story arcs and effectively open the path to Kusa seeing these changes going from 'whims' to being literal parts of their society. Much like Kiri's reconstruction boards, this board is meant to have lasting repercussions for completion! So when I mention underground cities, that is the literal end goal.

I have outlined a change for this mission to show more of what 'finish the dig' means.

I should conclude again, the reason these missions rise to the rank they do is because of implication and the weight that they have as a narrative story for Kusagakure to craft, though I don't think that was your questioning here I clarify just in case.

National Defense Board [Kusagakure Internal Affairs]May 14, 2023 21:47:57 GMT -5
j.
feel free to pm me with any issues <3
j. Avatar
groupnull
age 27 years old birthday rank occupation
Addressing some changes I feel need to be made upon second review.

Building Renovations: It's unlikely that shinobi would be called upon to conduct repairs in areas that are doing well; local government would more likely make use of, and prefer, the resources provided by professionals. I totally get shinobi being used in places like Otama or Ten'ei, that are struggling, or in highly militarized locations like the numerous forts or Kusa itself. This mission would not cover renovations to Hohei-cho, Izumizaki, Showa, Nishigo, Yugawa or Hirata.

Digging In Your Heels Part 1: As this is a project that clearly demands some secrecy, there shouldn't be regular civilians involved. For a project like this, the village would likely employ dedicated military construction battalions through the nations ashigaru.

The Hands of the Ashigaru: This mission shouldn't really exist. While Ichi is indeed taking on a lot of responsibilities, re: our discussion on discord, this is well beyond the scope of a shinobi squad. Beyond that, I feel this mission may be born of a fundamental misunderstanding not only of the ashigaru of Nohara no Kuni but also of the relationship between the Daimyo and Kusagakure.

The Daimyo is very closely tied to the projects in Kusa and to the missions of its shinobi, probably more than any other nation save Kiri. None of these missions that involve major changes to the land would go without his eager approval and his ashigaru army is there to serve those goals, just as the shinobi of Kusa are as one of the "branches" of his military. So no 'proving yourself' would be necessary. And beyond all of that, Kanoh wouldn't send a team of shinobi to requisition needed forces or training.

My preference is that this mission doesn't exist and a dialogue with the daimyo is conducted in a social thread which I am more than happy to NPC.

Researching the Forest: This is a bit out of my realm as village leader but if this is going to be an A-rank it should probably detail in the mission description that there is a very high risk involved with researching the spores to this degree and in its testing. As written it reads as a lower risk B-rank regardless of narrative weight. You should also include that part 2 also needs to be completed.
j. has written 51 posts
National Defense Board [Kusagakure Internal Affairs]May 15, 2023 17:35:11 GMT -5
Nakahara Ichī
Nakahara Ichī Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
changes made:

- Removed the mentioned locations.
- Removed the civilian mention for just ashigaru (lemme know if that needs further change).
- Removed this mission for it to be a thread we can do at a later date! (Excited regardless for this actually - I argued in its favor only cause I thought it had been thumbs uped, so if it doesnt belong as you said then Im 100% okay with that.
- I wasnt sure which variant of the mission you meant so I added a better mention of risk to all of them, as the forest can and will kill damn near everyone that enters unprepared and is almost completely avoided because of that. These missions have a strict risk of death to a point I think their success should almost be based ON a mod call of the thread, but that's just my thoughts. They are meant to be deadly, progressively. The A-Rank in particular had a bit of an expansion to be heavier on finishing the antidote for Kusagakure.

Let me know of any other changes you may want to see.
National Defense Board [Kusagakure Internal Affairs]May 16, 2023 19:22:06 GMT -5
cocoa
Reflect carefully upon your actions.
cocoa Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday rank occupation
Thank you for these edits - most everything is looking good now. My final note is that all A-rank missions require NPC moderation of some kind, so you'll want to mark all those as required.
Cocoa has written 196 posts
National Defense Board [Kusagakure Internal Affairs]May 16, 2023 23:33:21 GMT -5
Gurē Rikuto
"Who needs to make physical contact?"
Gurē Rikuto Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age birthday May 18th rank Adv Genin occupation
Researching the forest pt1 for and

and

Building renovations in ten'ei for , , and 
last edit by Gurē Rikuto on May 16, 2023 23:39:52 GMT -5
Elumenate has written 27 posts